Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 04:19 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 212.4/208.4/145

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Hi all. I'm new here but see so much inspiration in the posts I've followed. I started IP last Sunday and so far feel great! I talked my husband into doing IP also, and I look forward to the mutual support. I hope to lose 60 pounds, which seems overwhelming, but I must start somewhere so here I am! Have a great day.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #47  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALmom View Post
Hi all. I'm new here but see so much inspiration in the posts I've followed. I started IP last Sunday and so far feel great! I talked my husband into doing IP also, and I look forward to the mutual support. I hope to lose 60 pounds, which seems overwhelming, but I must start somewhere so here I am! Have a great day.

Welcome!! This is a great program... and these boards will keep you motivated!! My husband and I are both on IP together and have experienced great success so far!! Best wishes!!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #48  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Isn't it funny how everyone has different likes and dislikes on this diet! I couldn't stand any of the soups before but took a risk and tried the broc cheddar soup and love it...I actually have to take breaks from having it at lunchtime because I don't want to get sick of it! I steam up a cup of cauli and a cup of broccoli and mix it in to the soup....so good!
I love the broc and cheddar as well, I use it for a cheese sauce a lot, and like you I am trying not to have it every day for lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckgirl View Post
Had my first weigh in on Tuesday. I had on been on the plan for 5 days and already lost 4 pounds. Couldn't believe it!!
Congratulations on your weight loss, this diet works so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
I just wanted to say..that I'm so thankful that I'm on the IP diet right now.

It's a lot easier to not have to think about what I am going to eat, and also with Not skipping meals. I know I have to eat..or it's going to get ugly.
I am the same way if I skip you better stay out of my way... it is weird I could go without all day and then eat at night (probably 2x as much as I should too). Now if I don't get fed at the right amount of time My stomach is complaining and I have to go eat.

SealMom welcome and enjoy your journey.

PortHardy - if you really want to start I would because they said today they wouldn't legislate the postoffice back until late next week. By that time who knows Is there a Costco near you? there is some alternative shakes you can buy there, I am not sure what they are called but you could check the alternative site. Also I have found some comparable products at Superstore, I haven't tried any of them but you could see. Hope that helps.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #49  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Does Canada have UPS? Cuz here Nashua is delivered Via UPS, not the postal system.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #50  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Hi everyone!

I had WI#12 today, and only lost 1lb. I'm really getting frustrated with my huge slow down in weight loss over the last 6 weeks. My first 5 weeks, I averaged 3.4lbs per week, and the last 7 weeks, it's been average of 1.9lbs per week.

I follow protocol to the T (with the exception of the days when I do a really intense workout, then I add an extra packet). I've tried cutting out all restricteds, only having restricteds on the weekend, and restricted every day with no real difference in results.

Has anyone else experienced this? I noticed that when I started to slow down was around when I switched my BC Pill to seasonale. Do you think that would have an affect on my weight loss? My coach is emailing the IP pharmacologist and her regional director to see. She's emailed her director before to see if there is anything I can do differently, and they say that my eating is great. She has ladies around my size that are still consistantly losing 3lbs or so a week.

I know that everyone's body is different and react differently to everything. If it was one bad week, I'd want to slap some sense into myself. But it's a trend, and it's really scaring me. What if I can't get to my goal weight? I don't think it's acceptable to lose only 1lb per week for the next 13 weeks. Am I being unreasonable? can anyone offer any insight?

Thank you so much...and sorry for the vent, I'm just so discouraged and frustrated.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #51  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Does Canada have UPS? Cuz here Nashua is delivered Via UPS, not the postal system.
Actually when they ship to canada they use the postal system. I thought it was coming ups as well and nope it came through canada post as priority mail.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default WF BBQ sauce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
Trying out MiO in Berry Pomegranate today. not crazy about it. Anybody else tried MiO? What are your favorite flavors?

Found the WF BBQ sauce in a local mom & pop grocery store. Can't wait to try it tomorrow night on the grill. Trying to plan ahead for ways to enjoy my favorites on the 4th.

I love the WF BBQ sauce.

Funny Warning: the BBQ sauce and the WF Maple Syrup look simular but the Maple Syrup tastes really gross on chicken. LOL!!!
My husband was BBQ and accidentally mixed them up. I was quite shocked (and disappointed) when I went to eat my chicken. Bless his heart.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Congrats to all those with SV's and NSV's today. 2riderollercoaster I had to laugh at the thought of authentic 80's purple jeans- the 80's were SO colorful! Happy to hear that they fit you now though. Good thing you kept them- and good thing you have now passed them on
I find myself having gotten into a bit of a rut food wise and I think it is affecting my mindset. A couple of weeks ago when I discovered how absolutely wonderful it is to have a vanilla rtd mixed into my coffee I have since been hooked on the coffee and consistently find myself forgoing an eatable snack in favor of the vanilla rtd and now I find myself hungry but am so hooked on the coffee I keep doing it
I've had the same lunch of big Mac in a bowl using the soy patty instead of ground beef for the past four days!
My coach said that a vanilla rtd doesn't count as a protein if it's mixed into coffee or tea throughout the day and I should be having another packet if this is the case. Has anyone ever heard of this?
Old 06-16-2011, 06:49 PM   #54  
Started IP May11/11

S/C/G: 165.9/143.9/135/sz4

Height: 5'3.5

Hey everyone, just a quick update; after 5 weeks of being extremely strict OP I am offically 18.5 pounds lighter, and 22 inches smaller. This is such a great plan! I NEVER thought I would be able to acheieve this, so to celebrate, I cleaned out my closet! It is so bare now, I can't wait to shop for new clothes and not dread that nothing looks good! whooooo!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:58 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorae View Post
Hey everyone, just a quick update; after 5 weeks of being extremely strict OP I am offically 18.5 pounds lighter, and 22 inches smaller. This is such a great plan! I NEVER thought I would be able to acheieve this, so to celebrate, I cleaned out my closet! It is so bare now, I can't wait to shop for new clothes and not dread that nothing looks good! whooooo!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have a lot to be proud of!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:58 PM   #56  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
I made some the night before my TOPS group (so they could taste them)....WAY WAY BETTER right out of the oven and still warm/hot (they were kinda odd the next day). In fact, it's my excuse to make them and eat them immediately!

I had a WI yesterday, -4 lbs. So excited that I've met the 40 lbs in less then two months (on IP). I'm not sure this standard will be met over the next two months I'm really trying to celebrate this one. lol

I feel SO much better and each loss makes me more determined! But this constant weight loss is really why I think this protocol will be the last 'diet' and it will come off for good!

I think I'm going to go carry around my girlfriends 40 lbs 4 year old so I can really 'feel' it like never before.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Carla
Oh Carla! This is WONDERFUL news! I'm so happy for you! Keep up the terrific work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaCleg View Post
Today I weighed at home ( I weigh in this evening with my coach) and I did not even lose 1 lb! I thought I was going to try. I have been to the gym three days so far and not cheated at all. I drink at least 100 ozs of water a day too. The only thing I can think is maybe I am eating too much meat??
This will be my third weigh in. I lost 5lbs last week but this is so discouraging.
Any advice??

Tina
Let's talk about scales for a minute... This morning I decided to test my scale. Now, it's pretty accurate and always within 1/2 pound of all of my doctor's scales, so I know it's a good scale. When I weighed earlier this morning, it showed no weight loss in 3 days. About an hour later, I weighed again -- just for the heck of it -- and it showed a 1.5 pound weight loss. I laughed. Then... an hour later, I weighed again... just to see what it would read. I had dropped an additional pound! So... I've decided that it's ok to weigh yourself each morning, but not to be disappointed if the scale doesn't move. Our weight fluctuates throughout the day and so if we MUST weigh each morning, we need to be sure that we don't get discouraged if it shows no loss. It's going to be interesting what tomorrow's weigh-in reveals. Bottom line: don't be discouraged. If you're following the program, you're going to lose the weight. Your body can't help but lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Congrats to all those with SV's and NSV's today. 2riderollercoaster I had to laugh at the thought of authentic 80's purple jeans- the 80's were SO colorful! Happy to hear that they fit you now though. Good thing you kept them- and good thing you have now passed them on
I find myself having gotten into a bit of a rut food wise and I think it is affecting my mindset. A couple of weeks ago when I discovered how absolutely wonderful it is to have a vanilla rtd mixed into my coffee I have since been hooked on the coffee and consistently find myself forgoing an eatable snack in favor of the vanilla rtd and now I find myself hungry but am so hooked on the coffee I keep doing it
I've had the same lunch of big Mac in a bowl using the soy patty instead of ground beef for the past four days!
My coach said that a vanilla rtd doesn't count as a protein if it's mixed into coffee or tea throughout the day and I should be having another packet if this is the case. Has anyone ever heard of this?
You're singing my song. I've been in a rut for the past week. I have no interest in food and would be very happy just having shakes... but, of course, I can't. I tend to stick with very very easy things that take little or no time to prepare... cooked chicken in a salad and 2 cups of greens--things like that. I guess I'm going to have to try this big Mac in a bowl, although I'm not a big Mac fan.

Would you mind doing me a favor? Ask your coach why the vanilla rtd doesn't count as a protein if it's mixed into coffee or tea throughout the day. It seems to me that if I'm drinking all of the rtd that it should count.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #57  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

To answer your questions:

I live in Port Hardy..a town of 4000..the nearest superstore is 4 and half hour drive away... We do not have EAS-Advantage..i checked everywhere down island.. I can only order that online-which is the problem .cause anything i order has to get mailed..through Canada Post who is on a strike..

The ONLY two things closest i have is Edge protein shakes-110 calories 2g of Carbs and 20 grams of protein..no sugar..

And..Atkins Advantage..which i tried and it makes me gain weight..

So...yah..thats my options right now..Do you think i should just do the whey shakes i have?

Which one at superstore is compareable?
Old 06-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #58  

NSV ~ I finally had to break down and have my rings sized today. Apparently my "fingers" have all lost 3+ sizes. Who would have thought. I'm having them sized down so they will be on the tight side. Hopefully, I won't have to have them sized again for a while. YEAH!!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Today is day 3 for me. So far so good. No side effects, aside from feeling a little hungry between lunch and dinner- which I know happens because I eat dinner quite late, I'm trying to adjust that.

Other than that, the only frustrating thing is.. COOKING! Not so much the temptation to eat what I cook for my husband, but the fact that I'm so used to tasting the food to see if it needs something! (salt, spices, etc) I guess my poor husband will have to find out once he eats the food.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:27 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
NSV ~ I finally had to break down and have my rings sized today. Apparently my "fingers" have all lost 3+ sizes. Who would have thought. I'm having them sized down so they will be on the tight side. Hopefully, I won't have to have them sized again for a while. YEAH!!!!
Wow, ring sizes! who would have thought! Congrats!
Closed Thread