Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 07:58 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default IP Daily Chat- Wednesday, June 15

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday:IP Daily Chat- Tuesday, June 14
Old 06-15-2011, 08:07 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Wednesday!

WI #9 for me. I lost 4 lbs this week, which is very welcome! Not sure about the inches because I forgot my log at work- duh! So I can't compare to last week. I'm happy to add a new cheer emote and hope to add one next week as well! I'm staring that Onderland milestone in the eye and I'm ready to get there! LOL Probably not next WI, but soon.

Have a fabulous day!

Last edited by M0vingon; 06-15-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:42 AM   #3  
New to IP Program

S/C/G: 223/208/160

Height: 5'9"

Good Job Cindy! I have been on the program for almost three weeks. When I first went in the coach did not weigh me so can only go by what I was down last week...which was 5lbs. I keep expecting my clothes to get much looser faster, but that is not happening
Tina
Old 06-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Wednesday everyone!

It's the middle of the week. If you've been doing well so far this week, keep it up and make it your best week ever! If not, this is the perfect time to turn it around before the weekend!

I am going to be super busy at work the next three days (organizing an off-site Pension Summit, hosting companies from across the country) and I am really looking forward to having fun in my tap class tonight!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/189/140

Height: 5'6"

Help me.....I need some reassurance....I am in a holding pattern right now. For the past 5 days I have been stuck at the same weight. I am really happy from my weight loss for the past 6 weeks and now I am just staying put at the same weight...please someone tell me that my body is still losing inches or something....! I have not cheated! Why is body doing this??? When I am being so faithful to this diet....
Old 06-15-2011, 09:12 AM   #6  

Height: 5'3"

Today is my first consultation!!! Day One on IP starts for me tomorrow!! WOOHOO I hope I have the same success you all have had.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:13 AM   #7  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaCleg View Post
Good Job Cindy! I have been on the program for almost three weeks. When I first went in the coach did not weigh me so can only go by what I was down last week...which was 5lbs. I keep expecting my clothes to get much looser faster, but that is not happening
Tina
Tina- I dropped weight fast the first few weeks..and didn't change pants size or anything..then it was like the weight just fell off. If you look at my progress pics, I took some 2 weeks and only 3 pounds apart..There is NO way that drop was just three pounds . My theory is we lose fat underneath, and it takes a little time for the upper fat to sink into the wholes created

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
Help me.....I need some reassurance....I am in a holding pattern right now. For the past 5 days I have been stuck at the same weight. I am really happy from my weight loss for the past 6 weeks and now I am just staying put at the same weight...please someone tell me that my body is still losing inches or something....! I have not cheated! Why is body doing this??? When I am being so faithful to this diet....
Cartwheelmama- Everyone seems to have some sort of "stall" week. If you watch the siggies of ppl you'll see that everyone has either a teeny tiny loss, a same weight, and even a Gain around week 5-7. I think it's just the body's way of saying..slow down..give me a minute, and then they get right back to some Awesome numbers! Don't fret it. You are doing great and I'm sure that you lost inches

Last edited by MInewgoal; 06-15-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:17 AM   #8  
Lovin the way I feel!

S/C/G: 235(start IP 4/15/11)/tick/140

Height: 5'4"

Haven't been on in awhile!
Sorry has been a crazy week. We went camping over the weekend and I didn't do so well staying on plan! Ugh! Back on track this week. Last week I did not eat any IP foods, due to financial issues, used Pure Protein and regular food and still managed to drop 7.4 pounds! So totaly kick in the rear to stay on plan!
Here's to a great week of staying on plan everyone!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 249/236.5/155

Smile Wednesday.... a good day

Hey Y'all, today is gonna be a good day. I have noticed a couple of good things since I started IP. #1 My skin is so much softer and clearer from all the water -- hence younger looking!!! #2 Feel lighter regardless of the scale. #3 Blueberry pudding BLAH!!! Extra water and ice = Blueberry shake is muy delicioso!!!

I have days when I miss my old lazy ways which equals no thinking about what I am eating or drinking. But in the morning when I wake up and feel so much better than I use to, I think maybe, just maybe I can do this. Besides, I am tired of being fat!!!

Happy Wednesday everyone, make it a good one!!!

Old 06-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I agree with the skin - my skin is GLOWING. I wasn't sure, maybe it IS all that water. !
Old 06-15-2011, 09:39 AM   #11  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

CINDY: Congrats on your 4 lbs loss, that is a great number. I'm hoping I get the same on my WI this evening. And next week you'll be in the ONEDERLAND!!! WTG!!!

TINA: I'm not sure why you're coach is not weighing you every week. Isn't that what the initial $150 is for. I was told by my coach that you get weighed and measured every week. I have always gotten measured and weighed every week. I think you should ask your coach to do it, that's what you've paid for. I'm the same way, my clothes didn't start to get loose until the 3rd week, then it went fast. Give it time, your body needs to adjust.

SUSIE: Good luck on your pension summit. Keeping busy is a good thing but don't forget to eat. Take time for yourself, wouldn't want you to have another spell. And have fun at your tap class tonight.

CARTWHEELMAMA: Minewgoal is right, look at my ticker, or my loss last week, I only had a 0.8 loss. but I had 3.25" of loss. We all go through a time of stall but we make up for it. I have my WI tonight and from the scale at home, I should have at least a 4 lbs loss from last week. So I'm making up for last week. Just keep your head up and it will all even out in the end.

ABBYKITTY: Welcome!! You will do great, just like everybody else has. Just stay OP and follow the rules and you'll have no problems. And keep coming back to us...these threads are awesome and alot of inspiring stories. You will be one too...

Well as you all know now tonight is my WI. I'm hoping for a big number as last week was pretty small. But it was a loss. I was depressed about it, but reading all the posts from everybody really put things into perspective. Thanks everybody!

And a week from today I return to work after being off for a year on maternity leave. I'm not looking forward to leaving my little princess Vienna but it will be nice to get back into a routine and be around adults again...lol. I am kinda worried about how work will affect my weight loss as I work shift work, 2 weeks of nights and 2 weeks of days. I'm hoping my body will adjust and be kind to me. I'll just have to change things around and see what is best for me. WISH ME LUCK!!

Hope you have a great day and staying OP is the goal of the day. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU SET YOUR MIND TO.....
Old 06-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phall8180 View Post
Haven't been on in awhile!
Sorry has been a crazy week. We went camping over the weekend and I didn't do so well staying on plan! Ugh! Back on track this week. Last week I did not eat any IP foods, due to financial issues, used Pure Protein and regular food and still managed to drop 7.4 pounds! So totaly kick in the rear to stay on plan!
Here's to a great week of staying on plan everyone!!!
WOW WTG for still losing 7.4 lbs. CONGRATS!!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfishmonica View Post
Hey Y'all, today is gonna be a good day. I have noticed a couple of good things since I started IP. #1 My skin is so much softer and clearer from all the water -- hence younger looking!!! #2 Feel lighter regardless of the scale. #3 Blueberry pudding BLAH!!! Extra water and ice = Blueberry shake is muy delicioso!!!

I have days when I miss my old lazy ways which equals no thinking about what I am eating or drinking. But in the morning when I wake up and feel so much better than I use to, I think maybe, just maybe I can do this. Besides, I am tired of being fat!!!

Happy Wednesday everyone, make it a good one!!!

I'm not a big fan of the blueberry pudding either. I was thinking of just bringing it back to my coach tonight to see if I can switch it with someone else but I might try your suggestion this afternoon and see if I like it better that way.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:44 AM   #14  

Quote:
This also happened to me! I also have thyroid disease and since taking my pill before I go to bed at night has helped alot. Another thing, I hate water so slacked off on it but now that I am slamming the water down, I am losing again. Hope this helps.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 232/ip 219/see ticker/150

Quote:
I've been in the same boat this week!! My weigh in is tonight and I'm hoping I lose even ONE pound.

I promise your body is doing exactly what it needs to be doing right now! It could be hormonal and water retention--give it a couple more days and I'm sure you'll see a loss!!
Closed Thread