Old 06-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
- bunch of kale
- 3 table spoons of olive oil
- 1 table spoon of apple cider or white vinegar
- parchment paper (check your baking isle in the store)
- cookie sheet
- oven

It's a lettuce, I usually like them right out of the oven. I wash one bunch of kale, and piece it into 'chip' sizes. Put it in a bowl and use 3 tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (you can use white if you don't like apple cider vinegar) and mix it all in with my hands. Then I lay them out on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake them at 300F (watch them close as I've burned them and it can STINK!). I'm not as particular about the 'laying out' part anymore either I just make sure they have enough room to 'dehydrate'. I used to put salt on them but I'm enjoying them without salt now. You can use the salt or whatever seasoning when they are 'layed out' on the sheet.

I consider them a lettuce (if I'm wrong and they are a veggie someone let me know), so once a week they are the little extra treat. I let my friend try some and she said they taste better warm. I can't seem to stop eating them when they come out of the oven so I haven't had them cooled.
Hi Ishbel, I just checked my phase 1 sheet and kale is listed under the select vegetable section.

thanks for posting the recipe again...I'm going to try it (but as part of my veggie allowance)
Old 06-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Hi all I have been on this diet for two weeks now and both weeks I had the same issue. It seems that during the first half of the week I drop 3-4 lbs but towards the end of the week I gain 2 back with a net loss of 1.5 lbs. I am not sure why this is happening. Has this happened to others before. My weeks goes from wednesday to wednesday.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #48  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone,

I'm addicted to Kale Chips and I tried them with lemon pepper seasoning last night AND with just the oil and vinegar. YUM! I think I was putting too much salt on them before.

I'm actually looking forward to tonight's WI to see how much 'offically' I have lost. Imagine that huh? Never thought I'd look forward to a weigh in.

This has happened to me and then I get a 'whoosh' day where my body releases what weight it's trying to hang on to. When I'm in the middle of it though I have a lot of frustration! I usually just start to look at everyone's ticker and their weekly weight loss #'s (I have to put my weekly WI #'s up) and this usually helps me understand that everyone has some issues some weeks.

Hope you all have a lighter day!
Quote:
- bunch of kale
- 3 table spoons of olive oil
- 1 table spoon of apple cider or white vinegar
- parchment paper (check your baking isle in the store)
- cookie sheet
- oven

It's a lettuce, I usually like them right out of the oven. I wash one bunch of kale, and piece it into 'chip' sizes. Put it in a bowl and use 3 tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (you can use white if you don't like apple cider vinegar) and mix it all in with my hands. Then I lay them out on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake them at 300F (watch them close as I've burned them and it can STINK!). I'm not as particular about the 'laying out' part anymore either I just make sure they have enough room to 'dehydrate'. I used to put salt on them but I'm enjoying them without salt now. You can use the salt or whatever seasoning when they are 'layed out' on the sheet.

I consider them a lettuce (if I'm wrong and they are a veggie someone let me know), so once a week they are the little extra treat. I let my friend try some and she said they taste better warm. I can't seem to stop eating them when they come out of the oven so I haven't had them cooled.
YUMMY! Can't wait to try it! I love snacks with a crunch so this should be perfect and even better that its a lettuce!
Old 06-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 249/236.5/155

Height: 5'6"

Question Question??????

Hey y'all, how did you come to determine your goal weight? When I look at height/weight charts they have me being in the 130's . My doc recommended 160 for my 55 year old self. I'm open to input on this one...

WI #1 -6.25 12"

Last edited by crawfishmonica; 06-15-2011 at 01:44 PM. Reason: add tracker
Old 06-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #50  

S/C/G: S:222/C:195/G:135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfishmonica View Post
Hey y'all, how did you come to determine your goal weight? When I look at height/weight charts they have me being in the 130's . My doc recommended 160 for my 55 year old self. I'm open to input on this one...

To be honest I looked at the weight that would put me from being overweight into the normal weight and BMI and then I picked a bit lower since that was what I weighed when I was about 20.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Official WI for toda puts me down .4 which only makes me mad because for the past 5 days I was at 163 and today 166.4!! Even with the two cheat days I had I was at 163. I was 100% OP yesterday and the weight is up toda. Grr. But then I'm ovulating today and have noticed aome water retention around that time. *sigh* but NSV for me is when I gave the girls cheese, although I cut a piece fully intending to eat it, I gave it to them. And when I saw the number on the scale I marched into the kitchen to find something bad to eat and made my OP shake instead.

I'm going to keep on sticking with it and fully expect a decent number next week dang it.

Now to just stop throwing the internal tantrum.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 232/ip 219/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
Official WI for toda puts me down .4 which only makes me mad because for the past 5 days I was at 163 and today 166.4!! Even with the two cheat days I had I was at 163. I was 100% OP yesterday and the weight is up toda. Grr. But then I'm ovulating today and have noticed aome water retention around that time. *sigh* but NSV for me is when I gave the girls cheese, although I cut a piece fully intending to eat it, I gave it to them. And when I saw the number on the scale I marched into the kitchen to find something bad to eat and made my OP shake instead.

I'm going to keep on sticking with it and fully expect a decent number next week dang it.

Now to just stop throwing the internal tantrum.
It'll be better next week!! I bet you'll have a really high loss next week! That's how it usually works for me--hormones mess me up one week, the next I lose 4-7 pounds.

Glad you resisted the urge to cheat!
Old 06-15-2011, 02:09 PM   #53  
started IP Oct. 15, 2010

S/C/G: 286.5/168/??

Only 9 pounds to go until I'm back in the 100s!
Old 06-15-2011, 02:12 PM   #54  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Honestly..It prolly just took a couple of days for the cheat to register. You are now back on plan, and you will lose what you gained and more!! You can do it!
Old 06-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

So today is day 2 on IP for me. Yesterday went well. Dinner (chicken + broccoli + asparagus) tasted heavenly at the end of the day.

I have a question though, do you guys get to pick the meals that you get every week? It looks like that is the case from some of the things that you guys talk about. I was given my packets and the only thing I got to choose was the flavor of the RTD.

I'm not sure if from the second week on I will be able to pick my own. I'm just wondering what your experiences are so far on that.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfishmonica View Post

WI #1 -6.25 12"
I liked my body best when I was a size 10 in my early twenties. I weighed about 150lbs. So that is the weight I chose. My coach said since I'm just 31, it is totally doable. The weight is arbitrary. I just want to get down to a size 10 again. If I weigh 160lbs and fit into 10s, that is okay too.

Had my weigh in today, and I'm down 2lbs. Not what I was hoping for, but a loss none the less considering my cheat last night.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannaSchueller View Post
Only 9 pounds to go until I'm back in the 100s!
AWESOME! I am really looking forward to that moment too. Just 3lbs to go for me. How are you treating yourself when you hit 199?
Old 06-15-2011, 02:19 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gika View Post
So today is day 2 on IP for me. Yesterday went well. Dinner (chicken + broccoli + asparagus) tasted heavenly at the end of the day.

I have a question though, do you guys get to pick the meals that you get every week? It looks like that is the case from some of the things that you guys talk about. I was given my packets and the only thing I got to choose was the flavor of the RTD.

I'm not sure if from the second week on I will be able to pick my own. I'm just wondering what your experiences are so far on that.
My coach gave me a meal plan to follow for 10 days. It made it easier to start, and I got to try almost all the different products to find which ones I like. Now I just have a handful of staples that I stick to.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:19 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Crawfishmonica- I chose my weight by seeing what BMI said and then basically picking a number out of the sky. Once I lost a bit I realized I didn't think it would be enough. So I lowered it again. We'll see what happens when I get a little closer. Don't forget, it's not set in stone! You can always change it!
Old 06-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #60  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good morning all..A beautiful sunny day in Hardy today...I sent my fiancee out for his father's day present-he is going on a kayaking tour for half a day to go and see the whales..

Meanwhile, im at home, watching my daughter and eagerly awaiting my shipment from Nashua which i hope will come REAL soon..cause im desperate to start losing weight..(sigh) its been a long time coming to get this weight off and seeing everyone elses success makes me want to succeed too..besides..im heading down to redding,california in september and i really want to be able to wear some new shorts and go do some shopping for clothes too.. how many pounds do you think i could lose from now till september? and do you think i can have 4 protein servings a day since im on the heavier side? im not planning on doing restricted alternative products, i want my weight loss to be as successful as possible..
OK- I'm not a coach and others may have varying information, but what I understand is that you can have 1 extra packet for each 50 lbs over 200. In your situation, I would say go for 5 per day at least for the first week and see how it goes. Under 250, move to 4.

IP has a lot of guidelines, but ultimately, you need to be able to try different things (restricteds vs no restricteds; 5/4/3 packets per day) and see if it's working for you. If you average losses out to 3 lbs per week x 12 weeks- you might lose 36 lbs. That's conservative. Many people have lost a lot more than that in 12 weeks!
Closed Thread