Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
I'm not a big fan of the blueberry pudding either. I was thinking of just bringing it back to my coach tonight to see if I can switch it with someone else but I might try your suggestion this afternoon and see if I like it better that way.
Mix the blueberry *shake* with wild mountain blueberry coffee! Awesome!!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 232/ip 219/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Tonight is my 7th weigh in (this completes my 6th week on IP). I'm expecting a low number because of my sugar run-in this weekend. Again, I'm super glad I did what I did because it gave me a new perspective.

I'm wearing an outfit that I love today, so that really helps me feel better about it, too!!! I try not to dwell on the pounds, but rather how my clothes fit and look. I am a pretty girl and today, I feel like it!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #18  
Start: 4-20-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
Help me.....I need some reassurance....I am in a holding pattern right now. For the past 5 days I have been stuck at the same weight. I am really happy from my weight loss for the past 6 weeks and now I am just staying put at the same weight...please someone tell me that my body is still losing inches or something....! I have not cheated! Why is body doing this??? When I am being so faithful to this diet....
I can offer that reassurance--easily. It is true. Your body is just catching up with you. If you've been true to the diet, then you have nothing to worry about. This happens to me all the time.

It doesn't help that you and I are the type of people who feel the need to weigh ourselves every single day. That can be undermining because if we don't lose anything for awhile, we start second-guessing ourselves. Drink plenty of water. Eventually the scale will drop--perhaps a couple of pounds in one day! Are you regularly eliminating daily? I have that problem sometimes and once I get things moving again, the weight begins to come off.

From what I've read weight stalling just happens.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:58 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm addicted to Kale Chips and I tried them with lemon pepper seasoning last night AND with just the oil and vinegar. YUM! I think I was putting too much salt on them before.

I'm actually looking forward to tonight's WI to see how much 'offically' I have lost. Imagine that huh? Never thought I'd look forward to a weigh in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
Help me.....I need some reassurance....I am in a holding pattern right now. For the past 5 days I have been stuck at the same weight. I am really happy from my weight loss for the past 6 weeks and now I am just staying put at the same weight...please someone tell me that my body is still losing inches or something....! I have not cheated! Why is body doing this??? When I am being so faithful to this diet....
This has happened to me and then I get a 'whoosh' day where my body releases what weight it's trying to hang on to. When I'm in the middle of it though I have a lot of frustration! I usually just start to look at everyone's ticker and their weekly weight loss #'s (I have to put my weekly WI #'s up) and this usually helps me understand that everyone has some issues some weeks.

Hope you all have a lighter day!
Old 06-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #20  
Start: 4-20-11

Good Morning, Everyone! Thanks for the congrats yesterday on my NSV. I'm pretty happy about it, too.

My question regarding the extra packet is because I do NOT have a packet at night. I can't have anything past 8pm because I take my thyroid medication before I go to bed. If I plan to be in bed by 10, that means nothing after 8. I'm going to work really hard on getting in that 4th packet and see if that will help. I've changed my meals around so that I have dinner in the afternoon. I'm not sure if this is helping me or not since I'm a little concerned about my metabolism dropping during the night. I might just have to switch it around again.

Have a wonderful 'on program' day, everyone.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #21  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
Mix the blueberry *shake* with wild mountain blueberry coffee! Awesome!!
Never heard of mountain blueberry coffee....where can I find that?
Old 06-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #22  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Good Morning Everyone,

I'm addicted to Kale Chips and I tried them with lemon pepper seasoning last night AND with just the oil and vinegar. YUM! I think I was putting too much salt on them before.

I'm actually looking forward to tonight's WI to see how much 'offically' I have lost. Imagine that huh? Never thought I'd look forward to a weigh in.

This has happened to me and then I get a 'whoosh' day where my body releases what weight it's trying to hang on to. When I'm in the middle of it though I have a lot of frustration! I usually just start to look at everyone's ticker and their weekly weight loss #'s (I have to put my weekly WI #'s up) and this usually helps me understand that everyone has some issues some weeks.

Hope you all have a lighter day!
Please tell me how to make Kale Chips!!! They sound amazing!! Im brand new to IP can I eat them as serving of veggies with dinner or lunch??
Old 06-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #23  

S/C/G: S:222/C:195/G:135

Good morning everyone!! I had my third WI yesterday and I am down another 3lbs...that is 14lbs in 3 weeks! I am so happy!! I am only a few weeks from my first mini-goal which is 22lbs and that will put me under 200lbs! I am excited for this to happen so I will just keep plugging away. I still haven't cheated and am so proud of myself, though I have been tempted Some days are easier than others but as I am in my fourth week I realize it is easier.

I am going to try using the cheese puffs as a coating for my chicken tonight (someone mentioned it a couple days ago) and am excited!! Good luck everyone for the rest of the week!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

My WI (-2 lbs) wasn't great yesterday because it was an late afternoon WI. I had eaten all of my packets + a ton of water. Next week's should be excellent! I was down 4.5 inches though so that made me happy.

Someone was filling in for my normal coach and I asked her when we get to eat the restricted foods. She said not until Phase 3 and Phase 4. That kind of bummed me out. I was hoping for a little more variety also.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #25  

S/C/G: S:222/C:195/G:135

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca1978 View Post
My WI (-2 lbs) wasn't great yesterday because it was an late afternoon WI. I had eaten all of my packets + a ton of water. Next week's should be excellent! I was down 4.5 inches though so that made me happy.

Someone was filling in for my normal coach and I asked her when we get to eat the restricted foods. She said not until Phase 3 and Phase 4. That kind of bummed me out. I was hoping for a little more variety also.
That is strange because I am allowed to eat one restricted food a day! I buy 3 boxes of food a week and one of them is restricted. You might want to ask your normal coach...

Last edited by Timetolose; 06-15-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca1978 View Post

I don't think the coach replacement knew what you were talking about. But it all depends on the coach. Some coaches tell you that you can have restrictions right from day one. My coach didn't want me to have any restrictions until after I was done 4 weeks. But I think that's kind of odd for her to say not until Phase 3 or 4??? Anybody else think the same??
Old 06-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 228/219.7/177

Height: 5 feet 7 iinches

I'm glad this last weekend is over. I had company for the weekend (first time I've had people over since stating on IP). I love my Aunt and Uncle to pieces but they love their junk food. My entire house was filled with chip, candy and pop. Temptation was everywhere but I managed to fight through it. The second they left, all that stuff went right into the garbage. I'm glad I survived and I'm looking forward to seeing how much my hard work paid off.

How do the rest of you deal with temptations?
Old 06-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timetolose View Post
That is strange because I am allowed to eat one restricted food a day! I buy 3 boxes of food a week and one of them is restricted. You might want to ask your normal coach...
Good I agree! That is odd. Do ask your normal coach. As I just said in my previous post, I was allowed on my 5th week. And I do the same, buy 3 boxes and 1 of them is a restricted item. But I am only allowed to have 1 restriction a day.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine07 View Post
I'm glad this last weekend is over. I had company for the weekend (first time I've had people over since stating on IP). I love my Aunt and Uncle to pieces but they love their junk food. My entire house was filled with chip, candy and pop. Temptation was everywhere but I managed to fight through it. The second they left, all that stuff went right into the garbage. I'm glad I survived and I'm looking forward to seeing how much my hard work paid off.

How do the rest of you deal with temptations?
You did a great job...congrats for fighting through the temptations. I have 4 kids and there is always temptations around me...but I fight through them. I just keep telling myself it's not worth it and I'm better than that. And just think if I would have continued on this journey of eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted, I wouldn't be 24 lbs lighter, maybe I'd be 24 lbs heavier. It's all for me and that's what is most important. And if I have a craving, I just drink lots of water, wait a few minutes and it's usually gone. But you've done well and good job for throwing everything in the trash once they left. Now there's no more temptations and now you can refocus. Keep up the great work.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 249/236.5/155

Smile Restricted items

Hey Y'all, we were allowed 1 restricted a day right from the start. I am kind of thrown by the variety of info from different coaches when we are all on the same program. Also what did folks pay for the coaching fee? Mine was $200 but a friend of mine only paid $75. Also are the IP products different prices in different areas too? I pay $27 per box.

Closed Thread