Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default IP Daily Chat- Monday, June 13

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday:IP Daily Chat- Friday, June 10, 2011
Old 06-13-2011, 08:16 AM   #2  
megs3

S/C/G: 164/164/130

Height: 5"2

Default Happy Monday!

Im sure most hate Monday's but I love every second Monday as I go home from being out of town working. I am super excited to be stepping on the scale when I get home. I did have one bad day but have kept on track for the majority of the week
Have a fantastic week!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Morning all! Super happy today as I broke into the 120's... I can't ever remember seeing this number out of my teens!!! That much closer to goal so yay!!!! Going for my 4 mile jog at lunch time and kinda glad we are cooler this week in CT!!! Hope the sun is when I go!!! Have a great OP day friends
Old 06-13-2011, 09:24 AM   #4  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning, Everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend and are ready to get on track this week.

It is still hotter than blazes here in San Antonio. We spent about an hour or so in the pool yesterday and everyone came out with a mild sunburn, so we need to be more careful.

Hope your Monday is cooler than ours....
Old 06-13-2011, 09:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/163/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning everyone!
Well this is day 2 of my IP Diet and I am just gonna say Yesterday was hard for me. I have a feeling this first week will be hard. But it will be worth it.
Yesterday I had a chocolate drink packet for breakfast and it was good. The WF Bacon ranch dressing was Horrible!! and I didnt care for the Pink Lemonade drink either!

Today is a new day though. The Vanilla RTD was good this morning.
So hopefully today goes smooth here at work!!

Hope everyone else has a great day also!!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Monday everyone!

It's a new week, a new slate, a new chance to make the right decisions and make this your best week ever!

Today is a cool and rainy day (wet and miserable) and I am super happy to be at the office this morning: my children were so difficult this weekend! They were "button-pushers-extraordinaire" all weekend long. Those are the types of situations that usually incite me to eat (badly and too much). I was good though and got through it. I am also really looking forward to my tap class tonight too! I believe this is our last week before we break for the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoww View Post
Morning all! Super happy today as I broke into the 120's... I can't ever remember seeing this number out of my teens!!! That much closer to goal so yay!!!! Going for my 4 mile jog at lunch time and kinda glad we are cooler this week in CT!!! Hope the sun is when I go!!! Have a great OP day friends
That is incredible! What an awesome job! You are only 1 lb away from your goal... almost there!!! So exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith61 View Post
Im sure most hate Monday's but I love every second Monday as I go home from being out of town working. I am super excited to be stepping on the scale when I get home. I did have one bad day but have kept on track for the majority of the week
Have a fantastic week!
I must be weird because I actually like Mondays. I also like routine though... Good luck with your WI today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andria03 View Post
Good Morning everyone!
Well this is day 2 of my IP Diet and I am just gonna say Yesterday was hard for me. I have a feeling this first week will be hard. But it will be worth it.
Yesterday I had a chocolate drink packet for breakfast and it was good. The WF Bacon ranch dressing was Horrible!! and I didnt care for the Pink Lemonade drink either!

Give it time and you will find your "new normal" as you adjust to the diet and the menu!

I know that everyone is different but, in general, I prefer the non-creamy WF dressings (Italian, Sun-dried tomato Italian, Sesame Ginger) to the creamy ones. The Thousand Island one is okay and is great for making tuna salad (in my opinion)!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-13-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #7  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Yay I got through my first weekend on IP (actually my first 2 days)!!!! On day 3 now and glad the headache is gone from yesterday!!! Pretty excited to try some different foods today. i must say that the food is better than what i expected, and that cookies and cream bar........ TO DIE FOR!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm getting a little frustrated with a 'whoosh' day after WI and then it goes back up again - but still lower then the last weigh in. The internal fight that my body goes through to keep the weight on is really getting to me, but it won't make me quit. A small victory is still a victory but it can get on your nerves when you compare it to the cost of this program.

When I'm feeling down I just come on here and read about others either sucess or frustration and it makes me feel not alone. So thanks to all of you who share!

Have a great DAY!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #9  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoww View Post
I am Happy for you, you worked hard and have done so great. Enjoy your jog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andria03 View Post
Good Morning everyone!

You are doing great, some of the WF products definately have to be fixed up with spices before eating. I didn't really like the pink lemonade either but try it again later on your taste buds change while on IP. Have a great week and welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
Yay I got through my first weekend on IP (actually my first 2 days)!!!! On day 3 now and glad the headache is gone from yesterday!!! Pretty excited to try some different foods today. i must say that the food is better than what i expected, and that cookies and cream bar........ TO DIE FOR!!!!!!
Welcome, this is a great program and it gets easier (at least for me it has) as you go.

Good morning everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend, mine was busy but I really enjoyed it. Saturday went to a retirement party and got to visit with a lot of people and it was a perfect day not too cold not hot. We could sit outside or go inside. It was a nice day.
Sunday was great, Rebel(my dog) and I did agility and she has improved and looks like she is over her injury that she did awesome. I love running with her on course as it is just the two of us as a team. I still miss running with my old dog Jewel as we were more insync, now that she is retired it is so hard to see the poor girl get old. She still wants to do agility but I won't let her so she is satisfied doing a tunnel every once and a while.

Cleaned out my closet last night (two HUGE bags for clothing) and made room for size 12 pants my friend gave me. It is so cool that they all fit too.
Some NSVs from the weekend: One of the ladies that does agility came up to me and said YOU have lost TONS of weight, I didn't recognize you. She made me laugh. A friend's husband also commented that I look really GOOD... nice to hear. A former co-worker said that I look much better (just after making sure I hadn't been sick). I also was looking through some photos at the retirement party and there was one of me when I left the department I was in, well this weekend I pulled the same clothes I wore when the picture was taken and they are far too big so I am now smaller than I was when I worked 12 years ago. I of course still see I have a long way to go, but I am getting there. Have a great week everyone.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #10  

Would anyone know if caffenine prohibits weight loss or interferes anyway with digestion? I have stalled the last 2 weeks in losing weight. I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I haven't had coffee nor iced tea this weekend.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #11  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good morning all!

Its a grey cool day here in Port Hardy BC, Canada. A perfect day for a walk..its not hot..its not cold..its like..Spring! Im thankful it never gets hotter than 15 degrees most days.

Well...i am getting frustrated as heck sitting in limbo...Im doing alternative products and someone told me to order off of protein well.com and so i put in an order and it says my order is "pending" and i havent gotten a confirmation email to sys its being shipped and on top of it...therei s no number to contact the stupid place to ask why.. i had to email!! grrrrrr.... So i feel like a sitting duck who is just antsy to start the program..I suppose i could start using my whey protein shakes..only thing is ..they make me want to gag and two) its.. so low in carbohydrates im actually afraid its not enough carbs in a day..If i get desperate, i will start..but..all in all..im just plain frustrated..especially since i seem to be growing out of my only pair of jeans i have left.. Sigh.

Well.. i hope your day goes better than mine...someone think good thoughts that it works out and gets shipped off today..im getting desperate!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:40 AM   #12  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Morning to all! Busy weekend, wedding, car shopping, family and cutting my finger..HAHA. Stayed on plan thru it all.
Saw some family for the first time since I started IP, they were so supportive about the it which makes things much easier.
Everyone try to enjoy Monday and do something good for yourself!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #13  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Hello....hope everybody had a great weekend. Well got on the scale this morning and I think the "whoosh fairy" must have visited me. I'm down 4 lbs on my scale. Now to see what the scale on my official WI on wednesday will read.

Susie: I know what you mean about your kids driving you up the wall this weekend. Mine were the same way. I don't know what it was but man oh man...lol. But glad you didn't eat emotionally.

Jo: Sounds like you had a great weekend with your dog. And great NSV's. Love it when people finally notice.

To all the others who are having a hard time. Just think it's all in the moment. Keep yourself busy. Go for a walk, drink some water, the cravings will go away. Just think of the end results and of your health.

Will have to go do some more grocery shopping this afternoon. It's a never ending story with a family of 6 and 2 teenagers. But I'm always there anyways buying the fresh veggies. I have no problem eating them..so yummy!!

Well have a great day everybody!!
Old 06-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #14  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Well...after my stressful weekend, I am in my "stall" week for weighing in.
I only lost 0.2 lbs this week.

I can however say that even though my world was pretty much chaos and sadness..I stayed on plan!!

Have a great monday all!
Old 06-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #15  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Another weekend down.....and despite the miserable depressing weather Hubby and I stayed on track!!

Have a super week everybody!!!
Closed Thread