Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #31  
Started IP 2/15/11

S/C/G: 328/265/180

Height: 5' 9.5"

Good morning all. Had a quiet weekend, which was good, since I had some low-level stomach upset. It seems better now.

My brother is coming to visit in July, so I am recommitted to staying OP. His wife has had an issue (well-intended?) with my weight for years. I decided a long time ago not to yo-yo diet, and not to lose weight for anyone but myself.

I am so happy that a friend told me about IP, and that it has been successful for me. I have moved out of my temporary stall at the 45 pound lost point --- thank goodness.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

2ride - thanks for the encouragement.
Joanne - sorry the supplements are making you sick
Jordana - congrats on the baby
smpnew - good luck with your brother visiting and your recommitment! I know that you can do it.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #33  
Vienna

S/C/G: 242/(IP)182/167/137

Height: 5'8

hi everyone

i had my first weigh in this morning, and was ecstatic to see that i'm down 8.3 pounds! i woke up early at 6:30am even though it's a day off because I was just so curious. i managed not to have any restricted items for the past three days and i think it made a big difference. onwards and upwards to week 2, i know that the first week can be alot of water weight so we'll see what happens this week. definitely less hungry - for those in your first week - it does get easier with each day.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning. I am down -7.5 pounds in 12 days according to my scale. I WI tomorrow afternoon. I am hoping my WI won't be skewed by doing it in the afternoon. Normally, my WI is/will be in the morning.

Things are getting easier. I did drive 1/2 hour on Saturday to eat my soup for lunch and then went back to the garage sale I was working at. We had a birthday party yesterday. I had some chocolate pudding before we left so I wouldn't feel left out for not eating the cake. The grilled burgers, hot dogs, and sausages. I just ate a plain burger with no bun or anything.

In general, I have been really suprised on how hungry I haven't been. (Except today, I ate my soup and veggies about 9 am!) I think it is retraining my brain. I used to eat because of boredom.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:15 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 300/285/220

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good morning all!

Its a grey cool day here in Port Hardy BC, Canada. A perfect day for a walk..its not hot..its not cold..its like..Spring! Im thankful it never gets hotter than 15 degrees most days.

Well...i am getting frustrated as heck sitting in limbo...Im doing alternative products and someone told me to order off of protein well.com and so i put in an order and it says my order is "pending" and i havent gotten a confirmation email to sys its being shipped and on top of it...therei s no number to contact the stupid place to ask why.. i had to email!! grrrrrr.... So i feel like a sitting duck who is just antsy to start the program..I suppose i could start using my whey protein shakes..only thing is ..they make me want to gag and two) its.. so low in carbohydrates im actually afraid its not enough carbs in a day..If i get desperate, i will start..but..all in all..im just plain frustrated..especially since i seem to be growing out of my only pair of jeans i have left.. Sigh.

Well.. i hope your day goes better than mine...someone think good thoughts that it works out and gets shipped off today..im getting desperate!!!
When did you place your order? Mine took a few days for it to chage from pending to complete but then it will show a link to track your order and it comes very quickly from there. It's also shipped UPS so there will be no delays because of the Postal strike. I felt the same though, I was wondering why it took them so long to ship it out (I think it was 3 or 4 days). Good luck with using the alternative product. Let me know what you think of it.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon all!
I'm just checking in to share that I managed to stay OP all weekend throughout my husband's 20th hs reunion! I stocked up on products and tried a few new ones - love the southwest puffs, hate the lemon pudding. It was a long tiring weekend of camping with my dd, since daddy was so busy visiting, but we all survived, and I'm so proud that I stuck to it. No change in my weight though, but I'm guessing it's because I didn't get nearly enough water in for all the exercise and sun we had. Hopefully be Friday it my determination will show on the scale!

Glad everyone seems to have had a decent weekend.
Here's to another OP day!
Old 06-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #37  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
Good afternoon all!
I'm just checking in to share that I managed to stay OP all weekend throughout my husband's 20th hs reunion! I stocked up on products and tried a few new ones - love the southwest puffs, hate the lemon pudding. It was a long tiring weekend of camping with my dd, since daddy was so busy visiting, but we all survived, and I'm so proud that I stuck to it. No change in my weight though, but I'm guessing it's because I didn't get nearly enough water in for all the exercise and sun we had. Hopefully be Friday it my determination will show on the scale!

Glad everyone seems to have had a decent weekend.
Here's to another OP day!
Was just thinking of PMing you to ask how your weekend went! Good job staying OP!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 02:24 PM   #38  
New to IP Program

S/C/G: 223/208/160

Hi all, I am new to IP. I am finishing my third week this week. When I first started my coach did not weigh me in, so as of now I am down 5lbs. I am determined to stick to this... Does anyone know if you can chew sugarless gum?
Old 06-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Hi TinaCleg

The gum issue has come up quite a bit and people seem to have a different take on it. As long as you avoid aspertame, it is up to you.
I was a big gum chewing machine and was told to try and avoid it. I had half a piece here and there over the first couple of weeks...but realized pretty fast that it was making me super hungry (gum makes me salivate enough to convince my tummy that it's getting some eats!!).
This may not answer your question, but I thought I would share my experience
Old 06-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Hi allSurvived the weekend. looking to stay on track till the end of the month. Goal is to be down another 7 lbs by the end of the month. Wish me luck
Old 06-13-2011, 02:51 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Laura - good job staying on plan.
TinaCleg - welcome! I can't answer your question, not a big gum chewer but good luck to you.

Just tried turnip fries. I have to tell you I was very skeptical. Wow were they good!
Old 06-13-2011, 03:05 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
Hello....hope everybody had a great weekend. Well got on the scale this morning and I think the "whoosh fairy" must have visited me. I'm down 4 lbs on my scale. Now to see what the scale on my official WI on wednesday will read.

Susie: I know what you mean about your kids driving you up the wall this weekend. Mine were the same way. I don't know what it was but man oh man...lol. But glad you didn't eat emotionally.

Jo: Sounds like you had a great weekend with your dog. And great NSV's. Love it when people finally notice.

To all the others who are having a hard time. Just think it's all in the moment. Keep yourself busy. Go for a walk, drink some water, the cravings will go away. Just think of the end results and of your health.

Will have to go do some more grocery shopping this afternoon. It's a never ending story with a family of 6 and 2 teenagers. But I'm always there anyways buying the fresh veggies. I have no problem eating them..so yummy!!

Well have a great day everybody!!
Yay Jo for the whoosh fairy visit. I am not sure if you were working nights the week before your slow loss weigh in. I found that I stalled when I worked them and it looks like this week will be no different. I am happy as long as I am losing or keeping the same during these weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I am Happy for you, you worked hard and have done so great. Enjoy your jog.

You are doing great, some of the WF products definately have to be fixed up with spices before eating. I didn't really like the pink lemonade either but try it again later on your taste buds change while on IP. Have a great week and welcome.

Welcome, this is a great program and it gets easier (at least for me it has) as you go.

Good morning everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend, mine was busy but I really enjoyed it. Saturday went to a retirement party and got to visit with a lot of people and it was a perfect day not too cold not hot. We could sit outside or go inside. It was a nice day.
Sunday was great, Rebel(my dog) and I did agility and she has improved and looks like she is over her injury that she did awesome. I love running with her on course as it is just the two of us as a team. I still miss running with my old dog Jewel as we were more insync, now that she is retired it is so hard to see the poor girl get old. She still wants to do agility but I won't let her so she is satisfied doing a tunnel every once and a while.

Cleaned out my closet last night (two HUGE bags for clothing) and made room for size 12 pants my friend gave me. It is so cool that they all fit too.
Some NSVs from the weekend: One of the ladies that does agility came up to me and said YOU have lost TONS of weight, I didn't recognize you. She made me laugh. A friend's husband also commented that I look really GOOD... nice to hear. A former co-worker said that I look much better (just after making sure I hadn't been sick). I also was looking through some photos at the retirement party and there was one of me when I left the department I was in, well this weekend I pulled the same clothes I wore when the picture was taken and they are far too big so I am now smaller than I was when I worked 12 years ago. I of course still see I have a long way to go, but I am getting there. Have a great week everyone.
Awww Jo, I am so glad you had a blast at the retirement party. I am working nights so I was a no go for the event. I am soooooo proud of you for all your accomplishments so far on this diet! And doin a little diddy dance for you to get into the size 12s YAY!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #43  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andria03 View Post
Good Morning everyone!
Well this is day 2 of my IP Diet and I am just gonna say Yesterday was hard for me. I have a feeling this first week will be hard. But it will be worth it.
Yesterday I had a chocolate drink packet for breakfast and it was good. The WF Bacon ranch dressing was Horrible!! and I didnt care for the Pink Lemonade drink either!

Today is a new day though. The Vanilla RTD was good this morning.
So hopefully today goes smooth here at work!!

Hope everyone else has a great day also!!
Welcome! Just hang in there through the first week, and you'll do great! Also, the only WF dressing that I've liked without doctoring up is the Italian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Good Morning Everyone,

I'm getting a little frustrated with a 'whoosh' day after WI and then it goes back up again - but still lower then the last weigh in. The internal fight that my body goes through to keep the weight on is really getting to me, but it won't make me quit. A small victory is still a victory but it can get on your nerves when you compare it to the cost of this program.

When I'm feeling down I just come on here and read about others either sucess or frustration and it makes me feel not alone. So thanks to all of you who share!

Have a great DAY!
I could've written this myself!!! I get the same whoosh, then my body tends to hold on to everything after that.

Busy Monday here, just trying to not fall behind. I've had a lot of compliments in the last few days about looking great, and while I want to growl and say how frustrated I am with my belly fat not budging, I smile and say Thank You!
Old 06-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #44  

OK So I have hit my 25 lb goal! And my reward? a Dance bootcamp that Mr Wonderful and I will attend together.. He even picked out the dance studio. Its been hanging on our fridge since long before I met him.. I think secretly he has always wanted to do these dance lessons.. (My ever loving show boat Mr Wonderful) loves an audience.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 232/214/175

Just had to post because YAY! I finally got my tracker!

Great job to everyone who stayed OP this weekend. I strayed on Saturday night, but I'm back OP and ready to keep losing!

Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread