Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #61  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Those are some of the best and most encouraging moments on this diet. I can't wait to have people notice my losses again.

Keep up the great work, you're doing amazing!
Thanks, I will do my best.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #62  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikita1540 View Post
Hello all, just joined this site today..

I started the IP diet on Saturday, June 11th..I've been doing good so far, but like most women on here I am feeling hungry, and starting to feel nauseaus and getting headaches.. is that all normal for the first little while on this diet?

I go for my weigh in tomorrow morning and I am very anxious and nervous to see what week 1 will bring for me !!

When I start to get a headache I take about 1/4 tsp of the sea salt and it knocks the headache out in about 10 minutes! When my coach told me to do this I was skeptical but I did it a few times and it has worked every time. Just a suggestion, never know it might work for you as well! Good luck on your WI tomorrow!!
Old 06-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!
I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm starting IP tomorrow, I got my packets today. I've been reading the IP threads in this forum for days now. Which is a great thing, because my initial consultation with the physician today was not exactly very informative. If I hadn't read extensively ahead of time I wouldn't have had a clue what to ask!

It was my PCP who told me about IP. The reason why I went to see the doctor was because I've been gaining weight like crazy, in spite of sticking to a 1200-1500 calorie limit, and working out 2-3 hours a day five days a week. I'm still waiting for my labs to make sure there isn't another reason why I've been packing on the pounds. I showed the Dr what my diet consisted of and he pointed out that I was eating way too many carbs and working out too much for the amount of calories I was eating. So anyway, I cannot wait to get started!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #64  

S/C/G: SW 183/CW 183/GW 140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
When I start to get a headache I take about 1/4 tsp of the sea salt and it knocks the headache out in about 10 minutes! When my coach told me to do this I was skeptical but I did it a few times and it has worked every time. Just a suggestion, never know it might work for you as well! Good luck on your WI tomorrow!!
Thanks! I will definitely try that! I'm only on day 3 of this, so I'm hoping by next week I'll be feeling better!!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:23 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timetolose View Post
Hi everyone! I am glad to see everyone had a good weekend. Mine was relaxing, I pretty much cleaned and read. My boyfriend went out of town so I was enjoying the alone time!

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else: I was in subway getting a salad and normally the bread smell makes me envious but I can usually deal with it. This time I felt mad, I just wanted to get out of there and standing in line smelling it made me angry. I know its crazy but the minute I got out of there I was fine. Just wondering if this is normal?!

LOL!!! Well I don't know about normal, but I've been there. I was very irritated standing in line smelling my weakness (bread). It progressed from irritated to feeling angry inside. Angry they were eating bread and weren't over weight. Angry that I look at bread and gain weight. Angry with myself for not having self control when it comes to bread. Angry realizing just how addicted to bread I am. Fortunately, like you when I got out of Subway I was fine. LOL! I keep telling myself I'm hanging in there even if at times it's by my raw fingers.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Smile Hey everyone

Hi! I started the diet about a week and a half ago. I have been reading all of these posts and being inspired by everyone here for weeks, and just today I decided it was time to stop stalking these forums and actually post. So here I am.

I was pretty pleased with my first week, 8.8 pounds and 6.5 inches! Who knew anything could work so fast? I am worried about the second WI on Thursday, I don't think I have lost anything this week... but I guess we will see. I have not cheated AT ALL so far, which I am pretty proud of. I just started yoga and pilates this morning, it was lots of fun and I think it will work well with this diet.

I have seen a lot of people talking about doing "bootcamp" weeks with no restricted packets at all. My coach didn't even mention this as an option. Can anyone tell me if this helps a lot? I love a lot of the restricted packets (veggie chili and cookies and cream bars...yum), but I am willing to go without them if it will make a big difference.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:46 PM   #67  
Maigy

S/C/G: 220/189/130

Height: 5'4"

can you buy IP products from this website? I am in CAmpbell River .. was just curious if maybe it is cheeper!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:57 PM   #68  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

I'm happily hanging out here in maintenance land this evening! I had my second treat day yesterday and so am having my phase 1 day today. It's kind of funny but I realized today that in spite of having less to eat today than I'm normally getting now (since it was a phase 1 day), I wasn't dragging around or anything. More energy perhaps? I've actually dropped almost all the weight I put on in phase 3 (I only put on 1.6 lbs though), so for those of you that are getting close to phasing off, don't be afraid! You can do it. The phase 1 recovery day works just like we've been told it would and that is a very comforting thought. I think I'm the most relaxed on my phase 1 days, because I don't have to think about what I'm eating. THIS I know how to do!

I'm leaving for San Francisco in 34 hours - I can't wait to go shopping and bust out my swimming suit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Reitmans had a rack of cheap sweaters, but I bought 2 in XL and one in L. The XLs are kind of big, but I figure sweaters are allowed to be big.
Oh no girl, take those things back and get them in M & L! My theory when I was dropping sizes so quickly was to buy on the small side - you KNOW you'll get into them within a couple of weeks! I bought a few sweaters at Eddie Bauer around Christmas time in a size L (which was perfect/smallish when I got them) and had my aunt take them in at Easter because they were just hanging on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna
Mrs. Diettrich you are looking amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I actually do love the new broc cheddar soup, and the tomato as well! I have a problem at breakfast time...none of the breakfast foods work for me so I pretty much always start my day with a vanilla pudding made in to a shake...

I am planning on working my way through all the new foods but love love love the southwestern puffs because they are tasty and u get soooo many!
Thank you so much! I think that I started on the program after you had already stepped away from the forums, but I think I've read every post you'e ever made (at least on the stickied threads!). I have been so grateful for your contributions to the forums. I started in October and hit maintenance on June 1. :-)

You should try crushing the SW cheese curls up and using them for breaded chicken nuggets. Dip chunks of chicken in a beaten egg, then in the crumbs. Bake on cooling racks placed on cookie sheets at 350 for 30 minutes or so. YUM. My husband prefers my chicken nuggets to the ones I make for him (using cornflake crumbs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikita1540 View Post
Hello all, just joined this site today..

I started the IP diet on Saturday, June 11th..I've been doing good so far, but like most women on here I am feeling hungry, and starting to feel nauseaus and getting headaches.. is that all normal for the first little while on this diet?

I go for my weigh in tomorrow morning and I am very anxious and nervous to see what week 1 will bring for me !!
Yup, you're normal! It'll pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
I was pretty pleased with my first week, 8.8 pounds and 6.5 inches! Who knew anything could work so fast? I am worried about the second WI on Thursday, I don't think I have lost anything this week... but I guess we will see. I have not cheated AT ALL so far, which I am pretty proud of. I just started yoga and pilates this morning, it was lots of fun and I think it will work well with this diet.

I have seen a lot of people talking about doing "bootcamp" weeks with no restricted packets at all. My coach didn't even mention this as an option. Can anyone tell me if this helps a lot? I love a lot of the restricted packets (veggie chili and cookies and cream bars...yum), but I am willing to go without them if it will make a big difference.
Don't be surprised at all if you have a low WI this week - 8.8 lbs is AWESOME for your first week. Week 2 can be a bit of a rebound. As far as bootcamp goes, for some people, it helps and for some, it hinders. Some people are much more carb sensitive than others. I'd say follow the plan for a month doing what your coach tells you (having restricteds, etc) and then if you want to change it up for a week and do boot camp, see what happens. I just know that there are some folks on here that DON'T lose unless they have restricteds...
Old 06-13-2011, 11:44 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Smile Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Don't be surprised at all if you have a low WI this week - 8.8 lbs is AWESOME for your first week. Week 2 can be a bit of a rebound. As far as bootcamp goes, for some people, it helps and for some, it hinders. Some people are much more carb sensitive than others. I'd say follow the plan for a month doing what your coach tells you (having restricteds, etc) and then if you want to change it up for a week and do boot camp, see what happens. I just know that there are some folks on here that DON'T lose unless they have restricteds...
Thank you! I will stick with what I am doing and see how it is going in a few weeks.

And Wow! Congratulations on making it sooooo far! You are such an inspiration. You must be so proud of yourself
Old 06-14-2011, 07:33 AM   #70  

Height: 5' 5"

Please place all new posts on today's daily chat thread: IP Daily Chat- Tuesday, June 14
Closed Thread