3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat- Monday, June 13 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/235480-ip-daily-chat-monday-june-13-a.html)

trishn222 06-13-2011 11:18 AM

So in just 5 weeks I am in the 260's and I am down 24 lbs. :encore:The last time I was here was a year and a half ago and a concentrated effort for 4 months to get weight off. I can not believe that I am losing this fast. I sometimes look at how far I have to go and think am I ever going to get there, then I have a weigh in like this and realize that it is very doable. I can not believe it. I know that many of you have had great success, but there are just times that the reality of this diet are amazing.:cheer:

Having successes like this are making the diet very easy and it is easy to resist temptation also with results like these. I am so glad that I started this and that in less than a year I am going to be at my goal weight. A weight that if I was truly honest with myself I did not think I would ever see. With this though I have the confidence that I will.

Thanks for taking time reading this and letting me rant. have a great day all.

Trish

sophly0709 06-13-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porthardygurl (Post 3889364)
Good morning all!

Its a grey cool day here in Port Hardy BC, Canada. A perfect day for a walk..its not hot..its not cold..its like..Spring! Im thankful it never gets hotter than 15 degrees most days.

Well...i am getting frustrated as heck sitting in limbo...Im doing alternative products and someone told me to order off of protein well.com and so i put in an order and it says my order is "pending" and i havent gotten a confirmation email to sys its being shipped and on top of it...therei s no number to contact the stupid place to ask why.. i had to email!! grrrrrr.... So i feel like a sitting duck who is just antsy to start the program..I suppose i could start using my whey protein shakes..only thing is ..they make me want to gag and two) its.. so low in carbohydrates im actually afraid its not enough carbs in a day..If i get desperate, i will start..but..all in all..im just plain frustrated..especially since i seem to be growing out of my only pair of jeans i have left.. Sigh.

Well.. i hope your day goes better than mine...someone think good thoughts that it works out and gets shipped off today..im getting desperate!!!

Hope your food gets shipped out today!! I tried to look that site up but can't find it. I am looking to try alternatives because this is getting so freakin expensive!! But I don't want to quit!

M0vingon 06-13-2011 11:31 AM

Happy Monday!

I too am one of those who like Mondays. I love my days off, but IP-wise, structure really helps!
I'm hanging in there. I am continuing to go through my closet and try things on. I basically have to try on everything to see what fits. The other day I had an outfit planned in my head and when I put the pants on they fell off me so I had to scramble for another outfit.
Today I'm wearing a pair of pants that hasn't fit in 3 years. :D I'm lucky I kept all of these old clothes or I'd be tying my pants up with twine. ;) I am struggling with what to do now as i am down to a minimal wardrobe and most of what I have is not summer wear. I'd hate to buy clothes only to be out of them in 6 weeks. I put all of my pants in the dryer today in an attempt to shrink them. Not sure that will work, but I'll see when I get home.
I did drop some $$ on a few summer sweaters yesterday. I'm freezing all the time now. Reitmans had a rack of cheap sweaters, but I bought 2 in XL and one in L. The XLs are kind of big, but I figure sweaters are allowed to be big.
I'm going for my (very overdue) physical on July 5 and I'm excited to see what my cholesterol and blood pressure will be. I was borderline high on both last time. I may even get to onederland by the time I go for my appointment! :carrot:
Have a great day everyone!

thinkthin135 06-13-2011 11:32 AM

Hi, I just started IP today. :carrot: I am so excited to have found this diet and this forum. I have been reading all your posts for the last week or so and you have all motivated me to try this diet. So far, so good. I was a little nervous after reading how so many people didn't feel so good the first three days but I figure not feeling good for three days isn't so bad if after the three days I feel great. I hope everyone has a great week and I will keep you posted on my success.

M0vingon 06-13-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porthardygurl (Post 3889364)
Good morning all!

Its a grey cool day here in Port Hardy BC, Canada. A perfect day for a walk..its not hot..its not cold..its like..Spring! Im thankful it never gets hotter than 15 degrees most days.

Well...i am getting frustrated as heck sitting in limbo...Im doing alternative products and someone told me to order off of protein well.com and so i put in an order and it says my order is "pending" and i havent gotten a confirmation email to sys its being shipped and on top of it...therei s no number to contact the stupid place to ask why.. i had to email!! grrrrrr.... So i feel like a sitting duck who is just antsy to start the program..I suppose i could start using my whey protein shakes..only thing is ..they make me want to gag and two) its.. so low in carbohydrates im actually afraid its not enough carbs in a day..If i get desperate, i will start..but..all in all..im just plain frustrated..especially since i seem to be growing out of my only pair of jeans i have left.. Sigh.

Well.. i hope your day goes better than mine...someone think good thoughts that it works out and gets shipped off today..im getting desperate!!!

What I'm seeing on proteinwell.ca is Protidiet products. I have to say that if you're unhappy with the shipping on proteinwell, I order Protidiet & Protilife from Nashua Nutrition and everything arrives within 5 days. Their service is excellent!
I hope your order arrives soon!

JoAnne9597 06-13-2011 11:40 AM

I've been having headaches and nausea for the past week after I take my supplements. To the point where I gag. Does this happen to anybody else and what can I do for it to go away?

CheekyWit 06-13-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 (Post 3889487)
I've been having headaches and nausea for the past week after I take my supplements. To the point where I gag. Does this happen to anybody else and what can I do for it to go away?

The supplements need to be taken on a full stomach - or at least the multi does. The IP multi causes me the same thing if I take it on anything other then a full stomach - and an RTD mixed with coffee doesn't count (at least not for me) I have to take them with real food. Calcium should always be taken with food to help it digest and get broken down - if you are taking the IP calcium or any form of "pill" type calcium. I am not sure about the potassium so I take that one and my omega with my RTD and have had no problems.

Hope you feel better...I am betting it is the multi causing this issue.

Beta Catarina 06-13-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 (Post 3889487)
I've been having headaches and nausea for the past week after I take my supplements. To the point where I gag. Does this happen to anybody else and what can I do for it to go away?

I had a week where I was like that as well, but it seemed to kind of go away on it's own. CheekyWit's advice is very important too - I never take the supplements on an empty stomach cuz I KNOW that makes my tummy hurt. Hopefully you feel better soon!

jordanna 06-13-2011 12:16 PM

Morning everyone, hope u all had a great weekend! Mine went well, I even had to watch the family eat out and it didn't really bother me :). I just had my shake on the way and my cucumber on the way home...had one brief moment where I almost popped my toddlers left over chicken nuggets in my mouth out of habit but remembered in time!

Happy to be meeting with my coach today, I ran out of vanilla pudding which is like a staple for me....I had forgotten how much I depend on it and only picked up 3 for the whole week. Looking back on old food journals I had a vanilla pudding (made in to a coffee flavored shake) at least once a day. I also fell in love with the southwestern cheese puffs or whatever they're called so I'm definitely going to have to stock up on them!

Have a great day everyone :)

brummie 06-13-2011 12:31 PM

Jordanna, I just checked your blog. Charlotte is beautiful...Congratulations!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 06-13-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trishn222 (Post 3889443)
So in just 5 weeks I am in the 260's and I am down 24 lbs. :encore:The last time I was here was a year and a half ago and a concentrated effort for 4 months to get weight off. I can not believe that I am losing this fast. I sometimes look at how far I have to go and think am I ever going to get there, then I have a weigh in like this and realize that it is very doable. I can not believe it. I know that many of you have had great success, but there are just times that the reality of this diet are amazing.:cheer:

Having successes like this are making the diet very easy and it is easy to resist temptation also with results like these. I am so glad that I started this and that in less than a year I am going to be at my goal weight. A weight that if I was truly honest with myself I did not think I would ever see. With this though I have the confidence that I will.

Thanks for taking time reading this and letting me rant. have a great day all.

Trish

Isn't this diet great! every wi it makes it worth while, and even though you have a long way to go it seems to go by fast. I am at the start of month 5 and (hopefully today WI) 60lbs gone. It is amazing what a boost that is. I am fitting into clothes I only dreamed of wearing, probably since I was 16... all worth it, keep up the good work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0vingon (Post 3889466)
Happy Monday!

I too am one of those who like Mondays. I love my days off, but IP-wise, structure really helps!
I'm hanging in there. I am continuing to go through my closet and try things on. I basically have to try on everything to see what fits. The other day I had an outfit planned in my head and when I put the pants on they fell off me so I had to scramble for another outfit.
Today I'm wearing a pair of pants that hasn't fit in 3 years. :D I'm lucky I kept all of these old clothes or I'd be tying my pants up with twine. ;) I am struggling with what to do now as i am down to a minimal wardrobe and most of what I have is not summer wear. I'd hate to buy clothes only to be out of them in 6 weeks. I put all of my pants in the dryer today in an attempt to shrink them. Not sure that will work, but I'll see when I get home.
I did drop some $$ on a few summer sweaters yesterday. I'm freezing all the time now. Reitmans had a rack of cheap sweaters, but I bought 2 in XL and one in L. The XLs are kind of big, but I figure sweaters are allowed to be big.
I'm going for my (very overdue) physical on July 5 and I'm excited to see what my cholesterol and blood pressure will be. I was borderline high on both last time. I may even get to onederland by the time I go for my appointment! :carrot:
Have a great day everyone!

do you have any consignment stores near you? I have been going to goodwill as it is usually every 2 or 3 weeks when my clothes are too big, that way I don't spend a lot of money and I get good use out of them and then turn them back in for someone else. Also I have to admit I have a couple of wonderful friends who dress so nice... give me there clothes... it always makes my day when I can go to my small closet and move the clothes over to my closet. Freezing, me too I actually always wear sweaters now too... was told on Friday by a co worker that I had to get new sweaters as the one I wear at work isn't showing off my cute new body... what a sweetheart and I bought one this weekend. She says it looks much better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 (Post 3889487)
I've been having headaches and nausea for the past week after I take my supplements. To the point where I gag. Does this happen to anybody else and what can I do for it to go away?

Like Cheeky said good advise. I still have issues with my suppliments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3889547)
Morning everyone, hope u all had a great weekend! Mine went well, I even had to watch the family eat out and it didn't really bother me :). I just had my shake on the way and my cucumber on the way home...had one brief moment where I almost popped my toddlers left over chicken nuggets in my mouth out of habit but remembered in time!

Happy to be meeting with my coach today, I ran out of vanilla pudding which is like a staple for me....I had forgotten how much I depend on it and only picked up 3 for the whole week. Looking back on old food journals I had a vanilla pudding (made in to a coffee flavored shake) at least once a day. I also fell in love with the southwestern cheese puffs or whatever they're called so I'm definitely going to have to stock up on them!

Have a great day everyone :)

Jordana you have to try some of the new things, my favorite is the peanut butter soy puffs, I mix them with the chocolate ones and they are like Reeses... also love the new broccoli cheese soup, I make it a sauce for my veggies... very good. Haven't tried the new White chedder chips, but one of the coaches at my clinic said if you crunch them all up and coat chicken and bake it is like chicken Parmagian... I love making the crepes into pizzas... Have a great day!

jordanna 06-13-2011 12:45 PM

I actually do love the new broc cheddar soup, and the tomato as well! I have a problem at breakfast time...none of the breakfast foods work for me so I pretty much always start my day with a vanilla pudding made in to a shake...

I am planning on working my way through all the new foods but love love love the southwestern puffs because they are tasty and u get soooo many!

CheekyWit 06-13-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3889547)
Morning everyone, hope u all had a great weekend! Mine went well, I even had to watch the family eat out and it didn't really bother me :). I just had my shake on the way and my cucumber on the way home...had one brief moment where I almost popped my toddlers left over chicken nuggets in my mouth out of habit but remembered in time!

Happy to be meeting with my coach today, I ran out of vanilla pudding which is like a staple for me....I had forgotten how much I depend on it and only picked up 3 for the whole week. Looking back on old food journals I had a vanilla pudding (made in to a coffee flavored shake) at least once a day. I also fell in love with the southwestern cheese puffs or whatever they're called so I'm definitely going to have to stock up on them!

Have a great day everyone :)

Hi Jordana -Welcome back and congrats on Charlie... I too had a baby girl (10 months ago) who shares your daughters name. (although she is just Charlie... LOVE the name). I too had issues with breastfeeding(c-section, large baby etc etc) - as a first time mom I wanted to be good at it and I wanted it to work, but it just didn't. IP was a great way for me to focus on things that were succeeding rather then intentions that were not. My daughter is healthy, happy, a great sleeper and a good solids eater so...I guess not being able to breast feed (in hindsight of course) hasn't caused her much damage thus far. No doubt you will rock this diet like you did the last time. As for the soy patties I love them mixed with some canned chilies, juice from canned jalapenos, mexican type spices -- I cook the patty up an then break it up over lettuce and create a taco salad...makes me feel like I am eating 2 meat meals. Some people don't like them but I find if I doctor them up they are really good. (not to mention filling). Hope to hear more from you and your IP journey. Your posts kept me going in the beginning - and all your packet ideas were genius!!!! from the mom of one Charlie to another :hug:

JoAnne9597 06-13-2011 12:55 PM

Thanks Chikky Wit's, Beta Catarina and Joanne: I usually have them on a full stomach, don't know why it's still bothering me. I had to go lie down for about half an hour this morning, just because I didn't want to bring everything back up. Also I have noticed that if I drink water in the morning I feel nausea too. So I wait until after lunch to have most of my water and the evening.

jordanna 06-13-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brummie (Post 3889568)
Jordanna, I just checked your blog. Charlotte is beautiful...Congratulations!

Thank you :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheekyWit (Post 3889588)
Hi Jordana -Welcome back and congrats on Charlie... I too had a baby girl (10 months ago) who shares your daughters name. (although she is just Charlie... LOVE the name). I too had issues with breastfeeding(c-section, large baby etc etc) - as a first time mom I wanted to be good at it and I wanted it to work, but it just didn't. IP was a great way for me to focus on things that were succeeding rather then intentions that were not. My daughter is healthy, happy, a great sleeper and a good solids eater so...I guess not being able to breast feed (in hindsight of course) hasn't caused her much damage thus far. No doubt you will rock this diet like you did the last time. As for the soy patties I love them mixed with some canned chilies, juice from canned jalapenos, mexican type spices -- I cook the patty up an then break it up over lettuce and create a taco salad...makes me feel like I am eating 2 meat meals. Some people don't like them but I find if I doctor them up they are really good. (not to mention filling). Hope to hear more from you and your IP journey. Your posts kept me going in the beginning - and all your packet ideas were genius!!!! from the mom of one Charlie to another :hug:

Wanted to name her Charlie but chose Charlotte to appease family ;). We call her Charlie all the time though! I also had a c-section and a big baby and struggled to be a great breast feeder (she's my first biological child, we adopted Hudson our 2 year old!)

Thanks for tips on the soy patty...might try it again, my first attempt was not so delicious :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.