Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 232/214/175

Height: 5'9"

Morning everyone!

I've got WI #2 tonight. I'm hoping I lose, I haven't felt different like I did last week. I also slipped last night and went a bit OP - we were eating out at Applebee's so I ordered the chicken caesar salad with the dressing on the side and only used a tiny amount of the dressing and skipped the croutons. I hope it's not enough to screw up ketosis, but I'm buckling down again today because I want this to work!

Going to try the cauliflower couscous tonight. Looking forward to something different!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
Good Morninnnnnnnnng Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay I am SUPER tired this morning and yet I want to be filled with energy so I am trying to cheer myself up!

I read yesterday's posts..and I noticed that some of you were talking about a A particular person..and that triggered my curiosity so I will be searching for those threads LOL
I am also VERY happy to hear that some of you are feeling better…it was a weird week for our bodies I think!
Tomorrow is my 2nd weigh in and I am a bit nervous. I have been fluctuating all week and I have stayed OP! I hope I at least lose 1-2 lbs so I can stay in the draw to win a trip (yupppp because at my centre where I get my products and do my weekly WI you can have 2 coupons a month until august to enter to win a trip for 2 somewhere in the SOUTH! You have to stay on plan, lose weight, go every week for your wi and so on and we have this passport booklet that she stamps and it gives you 100 points a week (500 if you refer someone) and when you reach a certain amount of points you can trade them for a gift! Anyway it is pretty neat and it keeps you focused! so ya I WANT THAT TRIP so I NEEEED to lose at least 1 lbs!)

Onto some more fun stuff the RIHANNA concert!!!!SHEESH MAURICE was she ever AWESOME and HOT! Ouff!! She’s got some serious sex appeal going on! B.O.B opened up for her which was a surprise because we were expecting CEE-LO !

Anyway I did feel a weird moment though at one point..I had my sister in law on one side and a friend on the other and both are tiny..and there I was in the middle with my fat legs and a bigger body and they were rocking some hot outfits while I was in my jeans and a cute top but didn’t feel as good when I noticed the difference between our leg size..but at the same time that made it even more clear that I needed to continue and loooose it ALL.
I want to have fun in my 20’s and not regret not wearing cute things and feeling left out because I am fat. NOHUH Okay enough caps lock for today I think :P

So here goes another awesome IP day and I wish that everyone of you take the time and look at yourself and congratulate yourself for all the hardwork you are putting into this it is SO worth it

I'm in my 20's too for 3 more years anyway! I know how you feel, I want the rest of my 20's and beyond to be in a body I feel good about! You can totally do this!

This morning I got on the scale and it said 164, every day I see a smaller number I get so excited! I bought some shorts last weekend in a size 12 but didn't even think to try on the 10. It's been so long since I've been in that size it wasn't even on my radar. How funny. I found strawberry Ideal Protein bars yesterday just in singles. I tried it but it's really too sweet for me. I'm nearly all ready for the weekend! My husband and I are making a stand for one of the goodies for the party, I've got to finish painting the wood today. I have to go to the dang store today because I forgot an important baking ingredient. I love baking and am really excited to get it done today!

Last edited by AprilH3; 06-09-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 142.6/138.0/127

Height: 5'4"

Default Day 1

ok, so I just had my first packet, the dark chocolate pudding. It was pretty darn good and I'm full, so that's a good thing!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:42 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/145

I was surfing around on netrition (since I wanted to order Walden farms) - have you heard of dreamfields pasta? Only 5 g of carbs gets absorbed (per them) of the 30+ that are in there. The rest goes out in the stools!
Old 06-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I read an article about that pasta that said it caused the same insulin spike as regular pasta. I would avoid it.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpetualdiet View Post
Good morning/more like noon time to all of you. One more morning. I have downed 30+ oz of water, had an egg white omelet. I am hungry this week and I don't know why!? Still, I have controlled it pretty well without any cheats.
We are moving this weekend, so I figured I could grab my RTD drinks for the road and when I get hungry.

Any fast food places with good salads that are IP friendly?
McDonalds & Dairy Queen both have salads. Just 86 the croutons and dressing! Subway has awesome salad because you can ask them for whatever you want on it. So does Blimpies. Quiznos is great too just tell them to keep the flatbread for the next customer and no croutons or dressing. What I like about Subway, Quiznos and Blimpies is, they use so many veggies that everything is always nice and fresh!
Old 06-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I'm in my 20's too for 3 more years anyway! I know how you feel, I want the rest of my 20's and beyond to be in a body I feel good about! You can totally do this!

This morning I got on the scale and it said 164, every day I see a smaller number I get so excited! I bought some shorts last weekend in a size 12 but didn't even think to try on the 10. It's been so long since I've been in that size it wasn't even on my radar. How funny. I found strawberry Ideal Protein bars yesterday just in singles. I tried it but it's really too sweet for me. I'm nearly all ready for the weekend! My husband and I are making a stand for one of the goodies for the party, I've got to finish painting the wood today. I have to go to the dang store today because I forgot an important baking ingredient. I love baking and am really excited to get it done today!
Thank you April!! I know you can do this too! This diet is like a marriage...through the good times and the bad times U HAVE TO STICK WITH IT and it will work!
I also want to say congrats on the 164!!! Wouhou As for the bar I have never heard of it nor seen it so I will have to check that out tomorrow !!
Honestly you are really good on baking ALL of that yummy sugary food for you daughters b-day! I love baking too but sheesh would I be tempted to “just taste if it’s right” LOL

I am sure she will love it it sounds like it’s gonna be a hit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbmr06 View Post

Good luck on your WI!

Hang in there and you will be rocking a new body and hot outfits with your SIL and friend before you know it!

It's funny that you mention your 20's because I almost feel like I "wasted" most of my 30's being so heavy and what a shame that I couldn't get it under control sooner. But what's done is done! ...and at least I have my family from my 30's, which is the most important thing in the world for me! Now, I will live the rest of my 40's feeling like a 30-year-old! I am like Demi Moore (and please don't ask who that is! LOL!).
LOLL I know who Demi Moore is Hahahah that made me laugh!!!
That is my motivation: looking at them and telling to myself..ya I can’t try out any of your clothes because I will obviously rip them but in a couple of months just look at me walking down the street you won’t even recognize me I’ll be a healthy and thinner girl..and no one has ever seen me thin since I was ..9 yrs old maybe ? Lol I can’t wait to start shocking myself and discovering who I am and see people’s reaction!
I don't want to “waste” my younger years and looking at myself later on and regretting it and telling myself all you did was diet and gain it back wth were you scared of you actually let food control you??? And so goes the talking in my head! So the best time to take action is today because tomorrow might be too late!
Old 06-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Did somebody say STRAWBERRY Ideal Protein bar?!?!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-09-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Did somebody say STRAWBERRY Ideal Protein bar?!?!

Raspberry is on the list, but if there is Strawberry-it's new!
Old 06-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 159/150/129

Height: 5'2

For Salads almost any restaurant you go to will make you a variation of something you can have for salad.
I travel alot and when driving i have the ready to drink boxes and pack a cooler with marinated veggies that I put over my lettuce.
Also a large portion of the grocery stores in my area have salad bars in them

I also purchased a number of walden farms single dressings to have a stash for eating out. So McDonalds, Wendy's all have an option where you can 86 the bad toppings
Old 06-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 240/170/140

Height: 5'7

Default Sorry to repost this, but I'm desperate...

Ugh. I have been on IP since early January and have had absolutely no problems going to the bathroom - very very regular. I have been following IP protocol to the t and haven't made any changes in the past week.

Wasn't able to go Friday thru Monday - gained at my weigh in on Monday - took Novi-Lax on Monday afternoon. Nothing until Tuesday afternoon then I was running to the bathroom every 10 minutes all night. Sucky - but still a happy departure from my backed up weekend.

NOW I am back to where I started. Haven't been able to go yesterday or today.

What is going on with me? This is really really dragging me down... I can take more Novi-Lax, but am concerned about how I will manage during the day at work if I have the same reaction.

Please help...
Old 06-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartip View Post
Ugh. I have been on IP since early January and have had absolutely no problems going to the bathroom - very very regular. I have been following IP protocol to the t and haven't made any changes in the past week.

Wasn't able to go Friday thru Monday - gained at my weigh in on Monday - took Novi-Lax on Monday afternoon. Nothing until Tuesday afternoon then I was running to the bathroom every 10 minutes all night. Sucky - but still a happy departure from my backed up weekend.

What is going on with me? This is really really dragging me down... I can take more Novi-Lax, but am concerned about how I will manage during the day at work if I have the same reaction.

Please help...
Try getting some "Natural Calm". I found it at the health food store, but it's available at Whole Foods and others may know where else. If taken according to directions, it will keep you regular. If you take more, it will Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeed things up, but it won't last all day!
Also, be sure and add your 2 teaspoons of olive oil daily, on a salad or mixed in some dressing (WF) or just take it by the spoonful if you have to. Keeps the "machine" oiled!
Old 06-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/145

I had problems with my stomach, and then I started Vitamin C. 1000 mg 3x/day (with my meals/supplements) and now I am very regular - 1-2 times per day and it feels great! I confess I was doubtful at first, but now, I am a believer!
Old 06-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Coffee break! Ah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpetualdiet View Post
Good morning/more like noon time to all of you. One more morning. I have downed 30+ oz of water, had an egg white omelet. I am hungry this week and I don't know why!? Still, I have controlled it pretty well without any cheats.
We are moving this weekend, so I figured I could grab my RTD drinks for the road and when I get hungry.

Any fast food places with good salads that are IP friendly?
Sounds like you are doing good!

If you can't find a decent salad in a fast food place (some places insist on putting cheese and carrots in the salad), consider buying one (or two) of their grilled chicken sandwiches, plain - no condiments, and just ditch the bread! You should be able to make a meal out of that!

However, if it's to combine with your packet (i.e. meatless), then you may be better somewhere non-fast-food where it may be easier to make special requests.

I do recommend Subway for their salads as they will put what you want in them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta Catarina View Post
Morning everyone!

I've got WI #2 tonight. I'm hoping I lose, I haven't felt different like I did last week. I also slipped last night and went a bit OP - we were eating out at Applebee's so I ordered the chicken caesar salad with the dressing on the side and only used a tiny amount of the dressing and skipped the croutons. I hope it's not enough to screw up ketosis, but I'm buckling down again today because I want this to work!

Going to try the cauliflower couscous tonight. Looking forward to something different!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Good luck with your WI! I don't think the little slip up that you described should set you back too much. Just keep going!

Let us know how the cauliflower couscous turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckgirl View Post
ok, so I just had my first packet, the dark chocolate pudding. It was pretty darn good and I'm full, so that's a good thing!
Good to know. I really haven't had many puddings... I've been more with the RTD drink boxes and bars for breakfast and snacks and I used more of the soups, chili, spaghetti, omelet for lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
LOLL I know who Demi Moore is Hahahah that made me laugh!!!
That is my motivation: looking at them and telling to myself..ya I can’t try out any of your clothes because I will obviously rip them but in a couple of months just look at me walking down the street you won’t even recognize me I’ll be a healthy and thinner girl..and no one has ever seen me thin since I was ..9 yrs old maybe ? Lol I can’t wait to start shocking myself and discovering who I am and see people’s reaction!
I don't want to “waste” my younger years and looking at myself later on and regretting it and telling myself all you did was diet and gain it back wth were you scared of you actually let food control you??? And so goes the talking in my head! So the best time to take action is today because tomorrow might be too late!
You will do this and you will look amazing! Just remember what I learned on this board: "it's a marathon not a race!". You will learn many things along this journey to take with you the rest of your life! (Now I sound really old, so I am going to stop here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbmr06 View Post
Raspberry is on the list, but if there is Strawberry-it's new!
I love the choco-raspberry bars but I think I would really love a bar that is just strawberry (maybe the crispy kind)! I hope there is really a strawberry bar coming my gym soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefireresides View Post
For Salads almost any restaurant you go to will make you a variation of something you can have for salad.
I travel alot and when driving i have the ready to drink boxes and pack a cooler with marinated veggies that I put over my lettuce.
Also a large portion of the grocery stores in my area have salad bars in them

I also purchased a number of walden farms single dressings to have a stash for eating out. So McDonalds, Wendy's all have an option where you can 86 the bad toppings
I recommend the WF single serving packets too! I always have one in my purse (except today, when I needed one... ugh!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartip View Post

Please help...
My clinic/gym sells Floralax and it works wonders for me! I've also read on here that Miralax is good (this is what a Pediatric Surgeon recommended to treat my daughter for chronic constipation when she was only two years old and it was amazing!). I've also read on here that a lot of people had success with CALM. If you want to avoid buying something, you can try the salt water flush that I read about on here too (you would have to search for it though as I don't really know how it works). Good luck! The big "C" is no fun!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-09-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:16 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I meant Pure Protien bar in strawberry, sorry! It's a little high in carbs though 17 but 19g of protien. I got it at Dillons which is Kroger other places.
Closed Thread