Old 06-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #31  
Jocey

S/C/G: (191)...171/151.5/145

Height: 5"4"

Default Never give up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Wednesday everyone!

I am having a really bad day today and I am the one to blame. Food is my drug and I am such a terrible junkie!

I need to "get clean" again.

I will not give into this horrible failure.
It's only a failure when we quit trying. Stumbling is a part of the journey along with running some days and skipping others. When we fall we pick ourselves up and keep going. Sometimes we need a helping hand to get up but it is still our success to keep going. I hope you have a better day.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:08 PM   #32  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
hello all, i had to weigh in 2 days early cause my coach is going out of town, and i lost 1 pound. i am so proud of myself, and i am so glad i am doing this diet. hope you all have a wonderful day!!!! oh, and today is 2 months on the program for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheva74 View Post

I have lost 50 pounds as of this morning!! I began this journey on April 1, 2011, and am doing great so far.

I have to say that shopping in my closet for smaller clothes has been a lot of fun.

Although I am mostly a lurker on the boards, I do appreciate the support and knowledge I get from all of you here.
To you both.
50 lbs is awesome! You deserve a fabulous reward!
Old 06-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Congrats on the 50 lbs, if your ever feeling a bit sad when your in the grocery store try to lift a 50 lbs bag of potatoes, you will feel so good thinking dam I lost all that!
Old 06-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee10 View Post
Could it be hormonal? Glad you're feeling better today. Nice that you have a mom whose lap you can cry in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
I'm a big believer in body memories. That said, there are many things about food, eating, and how we stuff our emotions that can come out during the course of weight loss. Body change- weight loss- can be triggering and emotional as much as it is joyful.
It's ok to cry (even all day) and I'm glad you had someone to cry to. If it becomes too much- the memories or the thinking behind the emotions are overwhelming you, please go see a competent counsellor!
I'm so glad you feel better today. It sounds like you needed to purge some grief. You're very strong for letting the process run its course instead of trying to push it away.
I do feel way better today, but I'm not looking forward to having that experience again! My cousin is a counsellor, I emailed her this morning and she has made me promise to call her immediately if it happens again.
I am very lucky to have my mom, she is my rock (we moved across Canada 2 years ago so that we could find a place where we could have her live with us - she has her own suite downstairs, so I get to see her beautiful face everyday).
I am proud of myself for pushing through it. It was the biggest challenge that I have had on this program by far. I hope many of you don't have to experience it...but if you do, just know that it will pass.

Thanks for all the tremendouse support guys! (You are all my rocks whether you know it or not!!)

Last edited by brummie; 06-08-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

I have lost 50 pounds as of this morning!! I began this journey on April 1, 2011, and am doing great so far.

I have to say that shopping in my closet for smaller clothes has been a lot of fun.

Although I am mostly a lurker on the boards, I do appreciate the support and knowledge I get from all of you here.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Thank you for jumping in today and sharing your wonderful news. You are an inspiration for all of us!
Old 06-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this.... but it really sucked and I ended up cheating after 3 weeks OP

I took my vitamin and cal mag this morning with my protein shake as I do everymorning. This TIme though I took my vitamin about 40mins after my shake (I forgot) shortly after that I had this sudden urge to vomit, I felt so sick and barely kept myself from doing so. I figured it was the vitamin making me nauseous and was looking for something to eat to calm my stomach... of course in a panic the first thing I grabed was half a slice of my sons toast It did settle my stomach right away, but I felt so bad becuase I had done so well to stay OP!

Did I really screw up my day?? I haven't eaten my lunch veggies because i'm trying to keep my carbs down for the rest of the day I only ate my protein package...

Anyone else have this happen and how did you deal with it without going off plan?
Old 06-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #37  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblues4 View Post
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this.... but it really sucked and I ended up cheating after 3 weeks OP

I took my vitamin and cal mag this morning with my protein shake as I do everymorning. This TIme though I took my vitamin about 40mins after my shake (I forgot) shortly after that I had this sudden urge to vomit, I felt so sick and barely kept myself from doing so. I figured it was the vitamin making me nauseous and was looking for something to eat to calm my stomach... of course in a panic the first thing I grabed was half a slice of my sons toast It did settle my stomach right away, but I felt so bad becuase I had done so well to stay OP!

Did I really screw up my day?? I haven't eaten my lunch veggies because i'm trying to keep my carbs down for the rest of the day I only ate my protein package...

Anyone else have this happen and how did you deal with it without going off plan?
1/2 piece of toast....you should be fine....skip your restricted today. It takes between 50 and 100 carbs to knock most people out of ketosis.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpetualdiet View Post
Our home scales do not work. Yes, I fluctuate 3-4 lb/day but I am STUCK now for hte past 5 days. I am not sure if it is the scales (that already are a few pounds off) or me or what. BOOO! I have not had any cheat so I can't wait until Friday for my WI to find out what on earth is going on . That, or I am waiting for that big whoosh loss !
I feel your frustration and echo your BOO! I haven't moved at all this week on my scale at home and I'm not expecting any change tonight at WI But, apparently my average weight loss is still good. I take comfort in the fact that a lot of people have small losses throughout their journey and this won't be forever! I'm hoping for a 'whoosh'.

...if you don't look after your body, where will you live? (don't know who said that but I love it!)

Carla
Old 06-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Awesome job everyone on your losses!!!

Official WI # 11 is a loss of 2.8lbs and considering everything, that's pretty awesome. I'm feeling much better about the diet lately and have been 100% OP the last 2 days. Today is my first daughter's 4th birthday. I can't believe she's 4 already! Saturday is her party and I'm making tiara shaped sugar cookies, red velvet cake pops and vanilla with vanilla buttercream mini cupcakes. We'll also be having ice cream and my special birthday punch. It's going to be a tough weekend so far as staying OP but my closest friend who is also on IP will be coming for the weekend so that should help keep me honest! I'm excited my mom and sister will be coming up too. It's hard being 3 hours from everyone sometimes. I'm a little bummed I won't be hitting my mini goal by the date I set but it's completely my fault! I'll get that number soon though!

I forgot to tell you all the fun decorations! Her party is princess themed pink, purple and black for the colors and I've been having fun with it. I'm making a pinata for her, it's nearly done. Making it yourself is a lot of work but it will only have cost me $1.50 not including the candy. Can't beat that. I've also made a bunch of cute little flag garland. Princess crown garland for the food table, mini flag garland for the 3 tier cupcake stand and will be making a pink, purple and black balloon garland. I love party planning and it looks like everything is going to be cute!

Last edited by AprilH3; 06-08-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 300/285/220

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Just moving this question over from the Tuesday thread!

I've been struggling with a similar issue, though yours seems much more severe. The veggies are really important and skipping them may be making your discomfort last longer. I took the advice of Pixlkitty and bought some quality porobiotics and it really helped me. Sorry I can't offer any better advice than that! I hope you feel better soon!
Floralax works wonders
Old 06-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #41  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Funny NSV...

Well...the mailman pulled into my driveway today to deliver a package. I walked out to get it, so he didn't have to get all the way out of his truck and such. Well he got out and smiled. "Wow! You've lost a lot of weight, haven't you?!"

So, it felt good to have it be noticed by the Mailman!!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 393.8/343.0/199

Height: 5'7.5"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
...if you don't look after your body, where will you live? (don't know who said that but I love it!)
This is awesome! I found it via Google, someone named John Rohn said it. I am going to post it with a giant 50 on my cubicle wall!!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Well...the mailman pulled into my driveway today to deliver a package. I walked out to get it, so he didn't have to get all the way out of his truck and such. Well he got out and smiled. "Wow! You've lost a lot of weight, haven't you?!"

So, it felt good to have it be noticed by the Mailman!!
My mailman notices me everyday! He's my hubby! LOL! (My 14yr old son doesn't think it's funny when we joke about the mailman being his dad!!)

Feels great to be noticed doesn't it! Congrats on the NSV!
Old 06-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:

Congratulations!!!!
Today, I am officially on the last hole of a belt I couldn't use this winter!! I have lost 7 inches from my waist and my double chin in 4 weeks.

WI#1 -5.4 WI#2 -4.6 WI#3 -2.4 WI#4 -3.8
Old 06-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Hey everyone!

I've been reading the boards for the most part lately but have been just sooooo busy with work! Newborns being born left and right and I'm now knee deep in wedding season as well!

I've also made a somewhat surprising decision regarding IP. For many reasons, I've decided to take a bit of a break from the program. I'm in no way DONE with it, and plan to be back at it July 1st but for the rest of June, I'm going to phase off and relax a bit. I don't plan to go crazy, I just really want to see what "real life" is like and if I can truly at this point put into play what I've learned since Feb. I'm also considering re-evaluating my final goal as I'm shockingly pretty comfortable with where I am right now with the 46. lb loss to date. For the first time in YEARS, I don't totally HATE what I see in the mirror and for me, that is the biggest NSV so far. Like I said, I'm not done, just taking a bit of a break. I feel like it's what I need right now and my amazing coach is more than supportive of the decision.

I'll still be around, reading and learning as I have done every day since day 1 as what I've learned here is INVALUABLE to me. I also don't want to lose touch with the amazing people I've met here in the few weeks I'll be "off".

Keep up the great work everyone, you're not getting rid of this girl just yet
Closed Thread