Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default IP Daily Chat- Wednesday, June 8/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday:IP Daily Chat- Tuesday, June 7

Last edited by M0vingon; 06-08-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone!!!

It is a HOT day here in Ottawa...even hotter because Rihanna is in town and I am going to the concert tonight!!! We are going to have supper right before at Moxie's and I already have everything planned out. Since it will be a super busy evening (no reservations allowed so they are planning on getting a lot of costumers) I decided that I wouldn't take any veggies JUST IN CASE they decide to go fast and cook them regularly with butter and wtv else they put on it ..i'll have 3-4 cups at lunchs ! And I will probably get a bunless burger with just the veggies that go in it no cheese no NADA! Just mustard lol I don't really want to pay 22$ for a 8oz steak so yupp that is my supper for tonight and I LOVE planning things out before getting there and start getting tempted!

I read yesterday's threads and congratulations to everyone who is fitting in smaller sizes WOUHOU!!!!

I also read that some people were getting frustrated because they weren't seeing the same thing that everyone else was seeing...it will take time some time to get used to! Your body is undergoing SO many changes in so little time! You have to take the time and look at yourself and embrace the new you! Look in the mirror..look at before pictures and you will see and feel the difference! You guys are doing SO good I am really really happy for every one of you!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I am having a really bad day today and I am the one to blame. Food is my drug and I am such a terrible junkie!

I need to "get clean" again.

I will not give into this horrible failure.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-08-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:19 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
Good morning everyone!!!

It is a HOT day here in Ottawa...even hotter because Rihanna is in town and I am going to the concert tonight!!! We are going to have supper right before at Moxie's and I already have everything planned out. Since it will be a super busy evening (no reservations allowed so they are planning on getting a lot of costumers) I decided that I wouldn't take any veggies JUST IN CASE they decide to go fast and cook them regularly with butter and wtv else they put on it ..i'll have 3-4 cups at lunchs ! And I will probably get a bunless burger with just the veggies that go in it no cheese no NADA! Just mustard lol I don't really want to pay 22$ for a 8oz steak so yupp that is my supper for tonight and I LOVE planning things out before getting there and start getting tempted!

I read yesterday's threads and congratulations to everyone who is fitting in smaller sizes WOUHOU!!!!

I also read that some people were getting frustrated because they weren't seeing the same thing that everyone else was seeing...it will take time some time to get used to! Your body is undergoing SO many changes in so little time! You have to take the time and look at yourself and embrace the new you! Look in the mirror..look at before pictures and you will see and feel the difference! You guys are doing SO good I am really really happy for every one of you!!!
Awesome job being prepared. I'll be going to Moxie's tomorrow and I think I'm going to adopt your plan. It sounds good to me! Have fun at the concert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post

I am having a really bad day today and I am the one to blame. Food is my drug and I am such a terrible junkie!

Susie. I'm so with you on the getting clean. I'm sure most of us are aware that our issues with weight stem from our relationship with food. I love IP because it has helped me break the addiction. That said, going past phase 1 will make it more challenging. Right now I feel like I'm in rehab

Be kind to yourself. You've had tons of success and we're all still learning every day.

WI #8 for me today. Down 2.4 lbs. It's like a miracle with the week I've had. Most of my discomfort is gone- I feel human again. I've expended a lot of energy trying to figure out what I did to cause the gain/bloating/ickies but it's really not me, my body is doing its own thing. I'm still waiting for that darn whoosh fairy to show up though!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Phase 2 starts today! made it through the sweetened ice tea swap incident of last Sunday and I'm back in ketosis with 18lbs to go. I plan to go to phase three in July then phase off until vacation and lose the rest of my weight back on phase 1 when I return. Yay for me!

Last edited by Figgypudding; 06-08-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post

Hang in there. You didn't gain weight overnight and you won't lose over night. This is a journey that has many roads. Make good decisions and you will be on the right track. Sending hugs your way
Old 06-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophly0709
Hi Ladies,

I have a question... I have been feeling so sick the last couple of days and have been having a hard time eating all of my food. I seem to be able to get my packets and protein per day but I just can't eat the vegetables. I would normally get all of my veggies in but just can't with an upset stomach. It's hard enough to get the others down. What will this do to my WI this week and how bad is it to not eat your veggies everyday? I just wish I'd feel better so that I can be 100% OP... ugh, seems like it is always something...

Thanks for any input!
Just moving this question over from the Tuesday thread!

I've been struggling with a similar issue, though yours seems much more severe. The veggies are really important and skipping them may be making your discomfort last longer. I took the advice of Pixlkitty and bought some quality porobiotics and it really helped me. Sorry I can't offer any better advice than that! I hope you feel better soon!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Awesome job being prepared. I'll be going to Moxie's tomorrow and I think I'm going to adopt your plan. It sounds good to me! Have fun at the concert!
Congrats on your weight loss!!! and Thank you so much!!! I hope you enjoy you supper!! I'd rather not have veggies and not ruining my week then getting some with 5 pieces of carrots, one broccoli and one coli flower floating in butter and ruin everything! lol You just never know..I may be a little too scared but I don't want to take any risks right now! So that should work!

And I totally agree with your comment to Susie! Sheesh Maurice our body is something else isn't it!!!

Last edited by CutieEli; 06-08-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/184/150

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everybody!
Had what I thought was a funny, yet awesome NSV yesterday. After taking a shower, I stepped out and wrapped a towel around myself as I normally would. But this time - the whole towel wrapped around!! hahaha! Not just tucked in at top and then a gaping area with pudge showing. Great feeling to be able to "fit" back into a towel! haha! This will make the shower/dressing room area at the gym much less uncomfortable.

Last edited by Classy Broad; 06-08-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #10  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Well it's a gloomy day here today. It's been raining on and off since last night. We had a bad storm here last night, alot of thunder and lightning. Alot of trees were down and we even loss hydro for about 1 hour. And again this morning it's stormy but I love this weather. Nice for sleeping. I have a feeling it's gonna be a lazy day today. Maybe I'll have a nap if the baby can ever fall asleep.

Yesterday I started with the 4 packets a day instead of the 3 I was doing. So basically I'm having another snack in the afternoon. I felt good, other than the pain in my legs and it's still there this morning. Yesterday morning I went on the scale and was UP 2 lbs, well this morning I'm DOWN 2 lbs. Funny how our bodies change from day to day!

ELISSA: Have fun tonight at the concert, you lucky girl!! I would love to see Rhianna, enjoy!! And WTG on the dinner planning...good for you!!

SUSIE: Don't worry about it too much, you've had a couple of stressful days lately. Just get back on the wagon and we all know you can do.

CINDY: Glad you're feeling better and back to yourself and congrats on the 2.4 lbs. Keep up the great work!!!

Well baby has finally fallen asleep so I'm off for a nap, hopefully!!
Have a great day everybody, stay OP!!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

For all of you struggling this week here is what I have learned on IP. I have been on maintenance for about 3 weeks. My goal all along was to be swimsuit ready for our family beach vacation. I was a slow loser and it was frustrating as h$ll. I have not had an actual cheat day because I am deathly afraid of gaining the weight back and I feel good about the food I am eating. Well now I am sitting by the beach in one of the THREE bathing suits I bought this season. I have learned that I probably can't gain the 50lbs back in two weeks but if I do gain I now have the tools to get me back on track. I have been having cheat meals once a day. The things I thought I missed don't taste the same and I don't have to clean the plate. I savor what I have and then I am done. IP is not a diet it is a commitment for life of eating what your body needs to maintain. A lot of this journey is in your head. 5 months ago I was miserable and depressed. Today I am happy as a clam. I walk with my head held high and know that there is 50lbs less of me. Smile everyone because you are beautiful and smart(you chose IP!!!!) When I started I was miserable. But I made this commitment and with you guys on my side and your support I have succeed.

Enjoy your day and walk with your head held high and smile...make people wander what you are thinking!!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Our home scales do not work. Yes, I fluctuate 3-4 lb/day but I am STUCK now for hte past 5 days. I am not sure if it is the scales (that already are a few pounds off) or me or what. BOOO! I have not had any cheat so I can't wait until Friday for my WI to find out what on earth is going on . That, or I am waiting for that big whoosh loss !
Old 06-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #13  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Just moving this question over from the Tuesday thread!

I've been struggling with a similar issue, though yours seems much more severe. The veggies are really important and skipping them may be making your discomfort last longer. I took the advice of Pixlkitty and bought some quality porobiotics and it really helped me. Sorry I can't offer any better advice than that! I hope you feel better soon!
Glad that the probiotics helped! I have found that all tummy issues are solved within 2 days when I take them...
Old 06-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #14  
Chelsea

S/C/G: 142/135/115

Height: 4'11.5"

Good Morning girls! Yesterday was a very bad day for me! I cheated big time at lunch and went for ice-cream last night. I figured I had already messed up and threw myself out of ketosis so we took our son out for ice-cream. It was nice to see him so happy but I was so upset with myself last night that a friend and I took a 4 mile bike ride. I felt a little better afterwards. I got up this morning and weighed myself.... I am down 2.5lbs from Saturday and I put on a size 6 for this first time in 5 years!!!!!! that was enough for me I am sticking to this from here on out!
Old 06-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csjogren View Post
Good Morning girls! Yesterday was a very bad day for me! I cheated big time at lunch and went for ice-cream last night. I figured I had already messed up and threw myself out of ketosis so we took our son out for ice-cream. It was nice to see him so happy but I was so upset with myself last night that a friend and I took a 4 mile bike ride. I felt a little better afterwards. I got up this morning and weighed myself.... I am down 2.5lbs from Saturday and I put on a size 6 for this first time in 5 years!!!!!! that was enough for me I am sticking to this from here on out!
That's exactly what I did! The rationalization by "I already messed up so...."! What is up with that

I am feeling ill effects of the error of my ways and I am hoping that it will be enough to steer me right. I have to get this right. This is my "plan B" and the answer to a prayer! I can not mess it up!

The bike ride was a great idea! I wish I would have done something like that but I was alone with the kids so... (not like I couldn't have turned on the wii or thrown on an exercise video though).

You just made me resolve to get all of our bikes fixed up, so that I can take the kids out for bike rides! Especially before bed when the weather is nice to tire them out! Thank you!

I should be getting back to my tap class tonight! Hopefully, an hour of intense cardio like that will burn some of that crap out of my system! It's a hot one today too!

I would say "never again" but I believe too strongly in "never say never"... so I'd rather resolve to think it through better next time!

for both of us and anyone else who needs it!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-08-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Closed Thread