IP Daily Chat- Wednesday, June 8/11 - Page 5 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #61  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Hello Everyone!
It's been quite a while since I last posted but every now and again I come a read.

I just wanted to share my success. I have been struggling in the last month. On and Off protocol, But I have been going to my weekly weigh-ins and today I lost everything I gained in the last month and then some! I am now 15 lbs to goal!

Good Luck everyone!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:58 PM   #62  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Broad View Post
Good Morning Everybody!
Had what I thought was a funny, yet awesome NSV yesterday. After taking a shower, I stepped out and wrapped a towel around myself as I normally would. But this time - the whole towel wrapped around!! hahaha! Not just tucked in at top and then a gaping area with pudge showing. Great feeling to be able to "fit" back into a towel! haha! This will make the shower/dressing room area at the gym much less uncomfortable.
Love it!! I did the same thing!! LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
For all of you struggling this week here is what I have learned on IP. I have been on maintenance for about 3 weeks. My goal all along was to be swimsuit ready for our family beach vacation. I was a slow loser and it was frustrating as h$ll. I have not had an actual cheat day because I am deathly afraid of gaining the weight back and I feel good about the food I am eating. Well now I am sitting by the beach in one of the THREE bathing suits I bought this season. I have learned that I probably can't gain the 50lbs back in two weeks but if I do gain I now have the tools to get me back on track. I have been having cheat meals once a day. The things I thought I missed don't taste the same and I don't have to clean the plate. I savor what I have and then I am done. IP is not a diet it is a commitment for life of eating what your body needs to maintain. A lot of this journey is in your head. 5 months ago I was miserable and depressed. Today I am happy as a clam. I walk with my head held high and know that there is 50lbs less of me. Smile everyone because you are beautiful and smart(you chose IP!!!!) When I started I was miserable. But I made this commitment and with you guys on my side and your support I have succeed.

Enjoy your day and walk with your head held high and smile...make people wander what you are thinking!!
You are awesome!! Those are words to live by!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckgirl View Post
I am starting IP tomorrow and I’m pretty nervous. I was a Weight Watcher for years and did well with it. I’m 50 now and a few years ago it seemed like their plan wasn’t working for me anymore. I have gained about 10 pounds over the past couple of years. So last October my DH suggested maybe a trainer could help me. I started working with one twice a week as well as following their nutrition plan which consisted of chicken and oatmeal =( for breakfast. Followed by chicken, ground turkey or fish plus veggies 4 more times throughout the day. 10 raw almonds for snacks. I did lose 9 or 10 pounds with this but could not eat like that forever. I was almost gagging when I had to eat chicken! Which I normally love. Anyway, I kept asking the trainer, what’s going to happen when I try to eat normal stuff again. He just kept telling me, don’t worry about it, just give this “two more weeks.” I finally could no longer maintain that way of eating, but kept up with the work outs until last week. I have gained all of the weight back, not eating junk, just normal healthy food. It was an expensive 7 months and I don’t want to waste a lot of money again. IP is expensive for me, I am so hoping it will be the answer I’m looking for. I work with a few people who have done really well with it. They had a lot more to lose than me and are still in Phase I. But they look amazing! When I called the center where I live, I told the receptionist about the fact I would be happy with a 10-15 pound loss and would their plan work for someone like me. She said it would, I would just get there quicker. So then I guess my anxiety comes from the trainer experience of what’s going to happen at the end of it? Sorry to ramble so. I am just very much hoping this will be a solution for me. I would value any input you can give.
Best wishes!! I have done many diets over the years (with not much success I might add).....this one has been such an incredible blessing....I have learned so much about myself and the reasons I eat, etc. Welcome home!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
My mailman notices me everyday! He's my hubby! LOL! (My 14yr old son doesn't think it's funny when we joke about the mailman being his dad!!)

Feels great to be noticed doesn't it!
Heehee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Hey everyone!

I've decided to take a bit of a break from the program.
I'll still be around, reading and learning as I have done every day since day 1 as what I've learned here is INVALUABLE to me. I also don't want to lose touch with the amazing people I've met here in the few weeks I'll be "off".
Keep up the great work everyone, you're not getting rid of this girl just yet

Look forward to seeing your posts again soon!! Happy Summer!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
.. I had my 'last' WI today and believe it or not I was down 2.4 lbs! In Phase 3! Whoa. I'll still be around, but I'm going to be starting my next phase of this journey. Scary, but still exciting.
Best of luck to you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I'm on acela to NY so posting from blackberry. I'm in one of the seats with a table. I used to have to flip the fold-down piece of the table up to get out of the seat unless I wanted to basically step over the arm of the seat. Today I just slid through the gap because my thighs are much skinnier than they used to be. Yes. Its the litte things.
Yes it IS the little things!! That's awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan is Boring View Post
Been on IP for 4 weeks, they meaure my body every 2 weeks. Today was my second measure!!!

The total inch loss across all body added up
WI#1: 16 inches
WI#2: 21 inches
Total: 37 inches lost!
Woot woot!! Way to go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretley View Post
To be honest, HE used to annoy the heck out of me and I would argue with him about everything. Lately I've found him much more pleasant and not so "in your face". I kind of appreciate his input now-believe it or not
Agreed.....read some very good/informative posts over the past few days.

Last edited by disgal; 06-08-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:36 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I am feeling so much better now. I drank a lot of water, watched what I ate, walked quite a bit and went to my tap class, which ended up being a stretching class due to the heat. It was kind of nice to slow down and relax and to get acquainted with my new body and what it can do! It is really not as out of shape as I would have thought! I think I need to move a bit more. Maybe I'll start doing some yoga and a bit of strength exercises using my Wii Fit again.

Thank you so much to everyone who offered me support today!

I think (and hope) that I have learned a valuable lesson about how badly certain foods affect me and how serious I need to be about permanently changing my eating habits for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Susie. I'm so with you on the getting clean. I'm sure most of us are aware that our issues with weight stem from our relationship with food. I love IP because it has helped me break the addiction. That said, going past phase 1 will make it more challenging. Right now I feel like I'm in rehab

Be kind to yourself. You've had tons of success and we're all still learning every day.

WI #8 for me today. Down 2.4 lbs. It's like a miracle with the week I've had. Most of my discomfort is gone- I feel human again. I've expended a lot of energy trying to figure out what I did to cause the gain/bloating/ickies but it's really not me, my body is doing its own thing. I'm still waiting for that darn whoosh fairy to show up though!

Have a great day everyone!
Thank you! Way to go with your weight loss! Have you tried the optional supplements (omega 3 and digestive enzymes) to see if they would help with your bloating and ickyness? Just a thought but I really don't know if they help or not.

Quote:
Hang in there. You didn't gain weight overnight and you won't lose over night. This is a journey that has many roads. Make good decisions and you will be on the right track. Sending hugs your way

Thank you so much! You are so right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
Good morning everyone!!!

It is a HOT day here in Ottawa...even hotter because Rihanna is in town and I am going to the concert tonight!!! We are going to have supper right before at Moxie's and I already have everything planned out. Since it will be a super busy evening (no reservations allowed so they are planning on getting a lot of costumers) I decided that I wouldn't take any veggies JUST IN CASE they decide to go fast and cook them regularly with butter and wtv else they put on it ..i'll have 3-4 cups at lunchs ! And I will probably get a bunless burger with just the veggies that go in it no cheese no NADA! Just mustard lol I don't really want to pay 22$ for a 8oz steak so yupp that is my supper for tonight and I LOVE planning things out before getting there and start getting tempted!

I read yesterday's threads and congratulations to everyone who is fitting in smaller sizes WOUHOU!!!!

I also read that some people were getting frustrated because they weren't seeing the same thing that everyone else was seeing...it will take time some time to get used to! Your body is undergoing SO many changes in so little time! You have to take the time and look at yourself and embrace the new you! Look in the mirror..look at before pictures and you will see and feel the difference! You guys are doing SO good I am really really happy for every one of you!!!

Wise words. Enjoy the concert and have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Just moving this question over from the Tuesday thread!

I've been struggling with a similar issue, though yours seems much more severe. The veggies are really important and skipping them may be making your discomfort last longer. I took the advice of Pixlkitty and bought some quality porobiotics and it really helped me. Sorry I can't offer any better advice than that! I hope you feel better soon!
I am just wondering if the optional supplement (Omega 3 and Digestive Enzymes) might help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Broad View Post
Good Morning Everybody!
Had what I thought was a funny, yet awesome NSV yesterday. After taking a shower, I stepped out and wrapped a towel around myself as I normally would. But this time - the whole towel wrapped around!! hahaha! Not just tucked in at top and then a gaping area with pudge showing. Great feeling to be able to "fit" back into a towel! haha! This will make the shower/dressing room area at the gym much less uncomfortable.
That's a good one! It's the little things that make such a big difference in our lives! Take the NSVs where you can get em'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
Well it's a gloomy day here today. It's been raining on and off since last night. We had a bad storm here last night, alot of thunder and lightning. Alot of trees were down and we even loss hydro for about 1 hour. And again this morning it's stormy but I love this weather. Nice for sleeping. I have a feeling it's gonna be a lazy day today. Maybe I'll have a nap if the baby can ever fall asleep.

Yesterday I started with the 4 packets a day instead of the 3 I was doing. So basically I'm having another snack in the afternoon. I felt good, other than the pain in my legs and it's still there this morning. Yesterday morning I went on the scale and was UP 2 lbs, well this morning I'm DOWN 2 lbs. Funny how our bodies change from day to day!

ELISSA: Have fun tonight at the concert, you lucky girl!! I would love to see Rhianna, enjoy!! And WTG on the dinner planning...good for you!!

SUSIE: Don't worry about it too much, you've had a couple of stressful days lately. Just get back on the wagon and we all know you can do.

CINDY: Glad you're feeling better and back to yourself and congrats on the 2.4 lbs. Keep up the great work!!!

Well baby has finally fallen asleep so I'm off for a nap, hopefully!!
Have a great day everybody, stay OP!!
Thank you for the support!
I hope the extra packet will help you!

Quote:
For all of you struggling this week here is what I have learned on IP. I have been on maintenance for about 3 weeks. My goal all along was to be swimsuit ready for our family beach vacation. I was a slow loser and it was frustrating as h$ll. I have not had an actual cheat day because I am deathly afraid of gaining the weight back and I feel good about the food I am eating. Well now I am sitting by the beach in one of the THREE bathing suits I bought this season. I have learned that I probably can't gain the 50lbs back in two weeks but if I do gain I now have the tools to get me back on track. I have been having cheat meals once a day. The things I thought I missed don't taste the same and I don't have to clean the plate. I savor what I have and then I am done. IP is not a diet it is a commitment for life of eating what your body needs to maintain. A lot of this journey is in your head. 5 months ago I was miserable and depressed. Today I am happy as a clam. I walk with my head held high and know that there is 50lbs less of me. Smile everyone because you are beautiful and smart(you chose IP!!!!) When I started I was miserable. But I made this commitment and with you guys on my side and your support I have succeed.

Enjoy your day and walk with your head held high and smile...make people wander what you are thinking!!
I love learning from your experience! Thank you for sharing. You are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
I just started phase 11 as well. It feels weird to eat two normal meals lol, well not from a tin foil packet anyways. I started Monday, I find I am so full at night now, force myself to have a drink before bedtime. I did find my weight went up yesterday but back down today, how weird is that. I dont know if its the extra meal or other fancey stuff going on in my body lol sometimes hard to tell.
Congrats for getting to phase II! I don't think I will ever have to force myself to eat! Lucky you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timetolose View Post
Hello everyone!! I am very happy today! I weighed in for my second week and was down another 5.5lbs!! That means I have lost 11lbs in two weeks! I am very excited. This is the first diet that I have not cheated on and these are the days the reinforce that!!

The hardest days so far have been the bbqs that I have to go to. The smell of the food is the worst! I have another one this weekend but I found if I eat before and find a place that is not close to the food I am less tempted!

Good luck everyone on another week!!
Way to go! That is a great loss! You can have the BBQ'ed meat, just wrap it in lettuce or put it on a portabello mushroom! You are doing great! Keep it up!

Quote:
Good morning Everyone!

I had the worst day yesterday since I have been on IP (9 weeks). I stayed 100% on protocol, but I woke up crying, cried at work all day, cried when I made supper and cried through fixing lunches for my family. I went to bed super early, I had a massive headache from crying so much, so it didn't take me very long to fall asleep.
I have never experienced anything like this before...I mean, I do cry (about almost anything!)...but the flood of emotions I had yesterday was unbelievable. Is it possible that my body is releasing memories? I know this sounds crazy, but things that I haven't thought about in years just came flooding back to me. I sobbed with my head on my moms lap for 30 minutes yesterday...I couldn't even tell her why...because I wasn't sure myself. It really freaked her out (but she just stroked my hair and didn't push me for an explanation...Gosh, I love this woman so much!)
I feel fantastic today, which makes it all seem even wierder! Has anyone else experienced this? Was it a one off? Or should I expect more of this?
I am sorry you had a bady day. It makes me think of an episode of Dr. Oz that I saw where he said that fat contains hormones and as we lose weight, those hormones can be released into our bodies. Hopefully, it's just a one time thing. Perhaps you should discuss with your Doctor if it happens again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good morning all..A happy sunny warm day to you! Its a beautiful sunny warm day in Port Hardy..but never too hot as we are living down the street from the beach..Nice breeze to go with that nice sun..Im so happy its Wednesday today!! Yay!!! Nothing special planned for today..just glad to have the week half over!
I hope you continued to have a great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckgirl View Post
I am starting IP tomorrow and Iím pretty nervous. I was a Weight Watcher for years and did well with it. Iím 50 now and a few years ago it seemed like their plan wasnít working for me anymore. I have gained about 10 pounds over the past couple of years. So last October my DH suggested maybe a trainer could help me. I started working with one twice a week as well as following their nutrition plan which consisted of chicken and oatmeal =( for breakfast. Followed by chicken, ground turkey or fish plus veggies 4 more times throughout the day. 10 raw almonds for snacks. I did lose 9 or 10 pounds with this but could not eat like that forever. I was almost gagging when I had to eat chicken! Which I normally love. Anyway, I kept asking the trainer, whatís going to happen when I try to eat normal stuff again. He just kept telling me, donít worry about it, just give this ďtwo more weeks.Ē I finally could no longer maintain that way of eating, but kept up with the work outs until last week. I have gained all of the weight back, not eating junk, just normal healthy food. It was an expensive 7 months and I donít want to waste a lot of money again. IP is expensive for me, I am so hoping it will be the answer Iím looking for. I work with a few people who have done really well with it. They had a lot more to lose than me and are still in Phase I. But they look amazing! When I called the center where I live, I told the receptionist about the fact I would be happy with a 10-15 pound loss and would their plan work for someone like me. She said it would, I would just get there quicker. So then I guess my anxiety comes from the trainer experience of whatís going to happen at the end of it? Sorry to ramble so. I am just very much hoping this will be a solution for me. I would value any input you can give.
Good luck with the plan and welcome among us! Hang tough through the first week and the rest will go great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoww View Post
Good day fellow IP'rs, I'm super excited today because I'm going to see Miranda Lambert at the Mohegan Sun tonight and I finally will feel like one of the "pretty girls" at the show!!! Taking the day off for working out today as we are super hot here in CT and I don't want to feel sick for tonight. I will make it up tomorrow, even though it will be 96' out again! Oh well, a 4 mile walk then swimming at home after work will be good. I am loving phase 2 and I would be almost happy if I had to eat like this for the rest of my life!!! Well as long as I could have my "cheat" days followed by a phase 1 day for damage control Hope you all stay OP and have a great day
Have fun and enjoy the show! I am sure you will be rocking your look at the concert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I have been in phase 2 for 4 weeks now and I have lost every week (around 1.5 to 2.2 each week). I love phase 2...so satisfying.

Wow...great job on your weight loss...you look like a whole new person. Now go buy yourself some smaller clothes!

I will continue phase 2 until June 23rd and then phase 3 until June 29th and then I am taking 7 days off for a vacation and then doing a combo of phase 2/3/4 for the rest of the summer with intense exercise with hopes of losing my last 9-10 pounds.

Good luck to you and wow congrats on the transformation.
Way to go! You have done great and I wish you continued success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
hello all, i had to weigh in 2 days early cause my coach is going out of town, and i lost 1 pound. i am so proud of myself, and i am so glad i am doing this diet. hope you all have a wonderful day!!!! oh, and today is 2 months on the program for me!
Great attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheva74 View Post

I have lost 50 pounds as of this morning!! I began this journey on April 1, 2011, and am doing great so far.

I have to say that shopping in my closet for smaller clothes has been a lot of fun.

Although I am mostly a lurker on the boards, I do appreciate the support and knowledge I get from all of you here.
Way to go!!! Great job!
Thank you for sharing this victory with us! I liked shopping in my closet too but now, I am running out of even those clothes... I will have fun shopping in the stores too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzie View Post
It's only a failure when we quit trying. Stumbling is a part of the journey along with running some days and skipping others. When we fall we pick ourselves up and keep going. Sometimes we need a helping hand to get up but it is still our success to keep going. I hope you have a better day.
Thank you so much! You are so right. I am feeling better already. I will finish this and finish strong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblues4 View Post
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this.... but it really sucked and I ended up cheating after 3 weeks OP

I took my vitamin and cal mag this morning with my protein shake as I do everymorning. This TIme though I took my vitamin about 40mins after my shake (I forgot) shortly after that I had this sudden urge to vomit, I felt so sick and barely kept myself from doing so. I figured it was the vitamin making me nauseous and was looking for something to eat to calm my stomach... of course in a panic the first thing I grabed was half a slice of my sons toast It did settle my stomach right away, but I felt so bad becuase I had done so well to stay OP!

Did I really screw up my day?? I haven't eaten my lunch veggies because i'm trying to keep my carbs down for the rest of the day I only ate my protein package...

Anyone else have this happen and how did you deal with it without going off plan?
I don't think a half toast will set you back too far. Just keep going and you will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Hey everyone!

I've been reading the boards for the most part lately but have been just sooooo busy with work! Newborns being born left and right and I'm now knee deep in wedding season as well!

I've also made a somewhat surprising decision regarding IP. For many reasons, I've decided to take a bit of a break from the program. I'm in no way DONE with it, and plan to be back at it July 1st but for the rest of June, I'm going to phase off and relax a bit. I don't plan to go crazy, I just really want to see what "real life" is like and if I can truly at this point put into play what I've learned since Feb. I'm also considering re-evaluating my final goal as I'm shockingly pretty comfortable with where I am right now with the 46. lb loss to date. For the first time in YEARS, I don't totally HATE what I see in the mirror and for me, that is the biggest NSV so far. Like I said, I'm not done, just taking a bit of a break. I feel like it's what I need right now and my amazing coach is more than supportive of the decision.

I'll still be around, reading and learning as I have done every day since day 1 as what I've learned here is INVALUABLE to me. I also don't want to lose touch with the amazing people I've met here in the few weeks I'll be "off".

Keep up the great work everyone, you're not getting rid of this girl just yet
I wish you much success. I am looking forward to learning how this will go for you.

[QUOTE=AprilH3;3883634]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
IDoes anyone know how to add progress pictures link to your signature? I finally have some! *Update* They're up!
Great avatar photo! You are looking really good!

Quote:
For some reason my work computer can't connect to the IP forum right now, but I can connect to this thread. Weird.

Anyway... I had my 'last' WI today and believe it or not I was down 2.4 lbs! In Phase 3! Whoa. I'll still be around, but I'm going to be starting my next phase of this journey. Scary, but still exciting.

My coach truly is an idiot, however, as she said in maintenance you only need to do a phase 1 day if you 'cheat' two days in a week which isn't true. And it is contrary to the 'coaches' materials' she gave me even. Maybe she can't read?

Congrats on the SVs and NSVs today! And Stacy (ontariophotogal)-- I hope all is well and that you aren't a stranger. You will be missed here!

That is so encouraging! Good for you!
Congratulations on "finishing" the program! What a wonderful achievement!
BTW: You have a great avatar photo too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I'm on acela to NY so posting from blackberry. I'm in one of the seats with a table. I used to have to flip the fold-down piece of the table up to get out of the seat unless I wanted to basically step over the arm of the seat. Today I just slid through the gap because my thighs are much skinnier than they used to be. Yes. Its the litte things.
I love the little things! Thank you for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan is Boring View Post
Been on IP for 4 weeks, they meaure my body every 2 weeks. Today was my second measure!!!

The total inch loss across all body added up
WI#1: 16 inches
WI#2: 21 inches
Total: 37 inches lost!
That is really great! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
Hello Everyone!
It's been quite a while since I last posted but every now and again I come a read.

I just wanted to share my success. I have been struggling in the last month. On and Off protocol, But I have been going to my weekly weigh-ins and today I lost everything I gained in the last month and then some! I am now 15 lbs to goal!

Good Luck everyone!
Wow! You are getting so close! How exciting!
Old 06-08-2011, 11:04 PM   #64  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheva74 View Post

I have lost 50 pounds as of this morning!! I began this journey on April 1, 2011, and am doing great so far.

I have to say that shopping in my closet for smaller clothes has been a lot of fun.

Although I am mostly a lurker on the boards, I do appreciate the support and knowledge I get from all of you here.
Congrats that is great, You are on your way for sure. Keep up the good work.

Quote:
My mailman notices me everyday! He's my hubby! LOL! (My 14yr old son doesn't think it's funny when we joke about the mailman being his dad!!)

Feels great to be noticed doesn't it! Congrats on the NSV!
LOL I thought it was funny, glad you are feeling better. Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
Does anyone else have a problem with people who are not on their specific diet (IP, WW, whatever..) just jumping with their 2 cents worth, when no one is asking them (him...) for their (his) opinion? I know everyone has a right to be on here, but I just want to tell them (him) to get lost and mind his own business! I hate going to the threads and seeing him dismiss our discussions with his "knowledge" I wish he could be banned altogether, but that probably wouldn't stop him from logging in as someone else. Grr - sorry for the vent.
He use to bug the heck out of me, but this weekend I read a post and he wasn't pomposs or annoying, he didn't try to force his opinions on us like he use to... he did have interesting things to say this time... I was shocked and was going to comment to him but I have been busy.

Quote:
For some reason my work computer can't connect to the IP forum right now, but I can connect to this thread. Weird.

Anyway... I had my 'last' WI today and believe it or not I was down 2.4 lbs! In Phase 3! Whoa. I'll still be around, but I'm going to be starting my next phase of this journey. Scary, but still exciting.

My coach truly is an idiot, however, as she said in maintenance you only need to do a phase 1 day if you 'cheat' two days in a week which isn't true. And it is contrary to the 'coaches' materials' she gave me even. Maybe she can't read?

Congrats on the SVs and NSVs today! And Stacy (ontariophotogal)-- I hope all is well and that you aren't a stranger. You will be missed here!
WOW your last wi, it sounds so final... congrats you look amazing. Have a great time in phase 3.

Ontariophoto see you when you get back. I am sure I will still be here OP. Have a great July.

Congrats to all with your nsv and sv...
Old 06-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:

for both of us and anyone else who needs it!
Sometimes you read posts and one just stands out and has such an impact on your day.. this was the one for me today.. "Willpower Dust".. silly but it really hit me.. kinda "felt" the dust in a strange way.. at any rate.. thanks for the post..

I am brand new to this website today and am super excited to have joined.. can't wait until I can get my very own "ticker".. I have actually only started eating better yesterday and it's hard with our schedule and the fact that my place of employment GIVES free food to us everyday.. all day.. including my worst enemy.. PEPSI.. (LOL)..

thanks again for sharing...
Old 06-09-2011, 01:03 AM   #66  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
Does anyone else have a problem with people who are not on their specific diet (IP, WW, whatever..) just jumping with their 2 cents worth, when no one is asking them (him...) for their (his) opinion? I know everyone has a right to be on here, but I just want to tell them (him) to get lost and mind his own business! I hate going to the threads and seeing him dismiss our discussions with his "knowledge" I wish he could be banned altogether, but that probably wouldn't stop him from logging in as someone else. Grr - sorry for the vent.
The beautiful thing about message boards is that you can ignore specific people. The option is in the user CP.

Quote:
I am feeling so much better now. I drank a lot of water, watched what I ate, walked quite a bit and went to my tap class, which ended up being a stretching class due to the heat. It was kind of nice to slow down and relax and to get acquainted with my new body and what it can do! It is really not as out of shape as I would have thought! I think I need to move a bit more. Maybe I'll start doing some yoga and a bit of strength exercises using my Wii Fit again.

Thank you so much to everyone who offered me support today!

I think (and hope) that I have learned a valuable lesson about how badly certain foods affect me and how serious I need to be about permanently changing my eating habits for life!

Thank you! Way to go with your weight loss! Have you tried the optional supplements (omega 3 and digestive enzymes) to see if they would help with your bloating and ickyness? Just a thought but I really don't know if they help or not.
I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better! Some days are just rough.

I do use both digestive enzymes and omegas 3-6-9 daily. I've sort of given up on trying to figure out what went awry. I'll just stay the course and it seems to be improving daily.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:18 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 240/170/140

Height: 5'7

Default Sorry TMI - Backed up...

Ugh. I have been on IP since early January and have had absolutely no problems going to the bathroom - very very regular. I have been following IP protocol to the t and haven't made any changes in the past week.

Wasn't able to go Friday thru Monday - gained at my weigh in on Monday - took Novi-Lax on Monday afternoon. Nothing until Tuesday afternoon then I was running to the bathroom every 10 minutes all night. Sucky - but still a happy departure from my backed up weekend.

NOW I am back to where I started. Haven't been able to go all day.

What is going on with me? This is really really dragging me down... I can take more Novi-Lax, but am concerned about how I will manage during the day at work if I have the same reaction.

Please help...
Old 06-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheerMomOf3 View Post
Sometimes you read posts and one just stands out and has such an impact on your day.. this was the one for me today.. "Willpower Dust".. silly but it really hit me.. kinda "felt" the dust in a strange way.. at any rate.. thanks for the post..

I am brand new to this website today and am super excited to have joined.. can't wait until I can get my very own "ticker".. I have actually only started eating better yesterday and it's hard with our schedule and the fact that my place of employment GIVES free food to us everyday.. all day.. including my worst enemy.. PEPSI.. (LOL)..

thanks again for sharing...

Welcome to this site! Congratulations on taking this step. It is hard at first but it will get better in time (even if some days are still better than others)! Just remember that it is a diet with a beginning, a middle and and end. You will eventually be able to have the free food again but you will see food differently and your choices will be different!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/138

Height: 5'7"

Default My Signature!!

Yes, I couldn't wait to get my signature! The little things in life that make me happy!

Old 06-09-2011, 10:20 AM   #70  

Height: 5' 5"

Please place all new posts on today's thread: Thursday June 9, 2011 Daily chat thread
Closed Thread