Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
Good morning everyone!!!

It is a HOT day here in Ottawa...even hotter because Rihanna is in town and I am going to the concert tonight!!! We are going to have supper right before at Moxie's and I already have everything planned out. Since it will be a super busy evening (no reservations allowed so they are planning on getting a lot of costumers) I decided that I wouldn't take any veggies JUST IN CASE they decide to go fast and cook them regularly with butter and wtv else they put on it ..i'll have 3-4 cups at lunchs ! And I will probably get a bunless burger with just the veggies that go in it no cheese no NADA! Just mustard lol I don't really want to pay 22$ for a 8oz steak so yupp that is my supper for tonight and I LOVE planning things out before getting there and start getting tempted!

I read yesterday's threads and congratulations to everyone who is fitting in smaller sizes WOUHOU!!!!

I also read that some people were getting frustrated because they weren't seeing the same thing that everyone else was seeing...it will take time some time to get used to! Your body is undergoing SO many changes in so little time! You have to take the time and look at yourself and embrace the new you! Look in the mirror..look at before pictures and you will see and feel the difference! You guys are doing SO good I am really really happy for every one of you!!!
OMG take me to see Rih, I just love her music, and her shows, WHY, cause she sings live, yeahhhhhhhhhhhh baby lol
Old 06-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgypudding View Post
Phase 2 starts today! made it through the sweetened ice tea swap incident of last Sunday and I'm back in ketosis with 18lbs to go. I plan to go to phase three in July then phase off until vacation and lose the rest of my weight back on phase 1 when I return. Yay for me!
I just started phase 11 as well. It feels weird to eat two normal meals lol, well not from a tin foil packet anyways. I started Monday, I find I am so full at night now, force myself to have a drink before bedtime. I did find my weight went up yesterday but back down today, how weird is that. I dont know if its the extra meal or other fancey stuff going on in my body lol sometimes hard to tell.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #18  

S/C/G: S:222/C:195/G:135

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone!! I am very happy today! I weighed in for my second week and was down another 5.5lbs!! That means I have lost 11lbs in two weeks! I am very excited. This is the first diet that I have not cheated on and these are the days the reinforce that!!

The hardest days so far have been the bbqs that I have to go to. The smell of the food is the worst! I have another one this weekend but I found if I eat before and find a place that is not close to the food I am less tempted!

Good luck everyone on another week!!
Old 06-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning Everyone!

I had the worst day yesterday since I have been on IP (9 weeks). I stayed 100% on protocol, but I woke up crying, cried at work all day, cried when I made supper and cried through fixing lunches for my family. I went to bed super early, I had a massive headache from crying so much, so it didn't take me very long to fall asleep.
I have never experienced anything like this before...I mean, I do cry (about almost anything!)...but the flood of emotions I had yesterday was unbelievable. Is it possible that my body is releasing memories? I know this sounds crazy, but things that I haven't thought about in years just came flooding back to me. I sobbed with my head on my moms lap for 30 minutes yesterday...I couldn't even tell her why...because I wasn't sure myself. It really freaked her out (but she just stroked my hair and didn't push me for an explanation...Gosh, I love this woman so much!)
I feel fantastic today, which makes it all seem even wierder! Has anyone else experienced this? Was it a one off? Or should I expect more of this?
Old 06-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #20  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good morning all..A happy sunny warm day to you! Its a beautiful sunny warm day in Port Hardy..but never too hot as we are living down the street from the beach..Nice breeze to go with that nice sun..Im so happy its Wednesday today!! Yay!!! Nothing special planned for today..just glad to have the week half over!
Old 06-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 142.6/138.0/127

Height: 5'4"

Red face Starting program tomorrow, nervous!!

I am starting IP tomorrow and I’m pretty nervous. I was a Weight Watcher for years and did well with it. I’m 50 now and a few years ago it seemed like their plan wasn’t working for me anymore. I have gained about 10 pounds over the past couple of years. So last October my DH suggested maybe a trainer could help me. I started working with one twice a week as well as following their nutrition plan which consisted of chicken and oatmeal =( for breakfast. Followed by chicken, ground turkey or fish plus veggies 4 more times throughout the day. 10 raw almonds for snacks. I did lose 9 or 10 pounds with this but could not eat like that forever. I was almost gagging when I had to eat chicken! Which I normally love. Anyway, I kept asking the trainer, what’s going to happen when I try to eat normal stuff again. He just kept telling me, don’t worry about it, just give this “two more weeks.” I finally could no longer maintain that way of eating, but kept up with the work outs until last week. I have gained all of the weight back, not eating junk, just normal healthy food. It was an expensive 7 months and I don’t want to waste a lot of money again. IP is expensive for me, I am so hoping it will be the answer I’m looking for. I work with a few people who have done really well with it. They had a lot more to lose than me and are still in Phase I. But they look amazing! When I called the center where I live, I told the receptionist about the fact I would be happy with a 10-15 pound loss and would their plan work for someone like me. She said it would, I would just get there quicker. So then I guess my anxiety comes from the trainer experience of what’s going to happen at the end of it? Sorry to ramble so. I am just very much hoping this will be a solution for me. I would value any input you can give.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
OMG take me to see Rih, I just love her music, and her shows, WHY, cause she sings live, yeahhhhhhhhhhhh baby lol

Thank you ladies!!!
I will have fun FOR SURE!!! Especially 8.2 lbs lighter haha
Old 06-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
Good morning Everyone!

I had the worst day yesterday since I have been on IP (9 weeks). I stayed 100% on protocol, but I woke up crying, cried at work all day, cried when I made supper and cried through fixing lunches for my family. I went to bed super early, I had a massive headache from crying so much, so it didn't take me very long to fall asleep.
I have never experienced anything like this before...I mean, I do cry (about almost anything!)...but the flood of emotions I had yesterday was unbelievable. Is it possible that my body is releasing memories? I know this sounds crazy, but things that I haven't thought about in years just came flooding back to me. I sobbed with my head on my moms lap for 30 minutes yesterday...I couldn't even tell her why...because I wasn't sure myself. It really freaked her out (but she just stroked my hair and didn't push me for an explanation...Gosh, I love this woman so much!)
I feel fantastic today, which makes it all seem even wierder! Has anyone else experienced this? Was it a one off? Or should I expect more of this?
Could it be hormonal? Glad you're feeling better today. Nice that you have a mom whose lap you can cry in.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckgirl View Post
I am starting IP tomorrow and I’m pretty nervous. I was a Weight Watcher for years and did well with it. I’m 50 now and a few years ago it seemed like their plan wasn’t working for me anymore. I have gained about 10 pounds over the past couple of years. So last October my DH suggested maybe a trainer could help me. I started working with one twice a week as well as following their nutrition plan which consisted of chicken and oatmeal =( for breakfast. Followed by chicken, ground turkey or fish plus veggies 4 more times throughout the day. 10 raw almonds for snacks. I did lose 9 or 10 pounds with this but could not eat like that forever. I was almost gagging when I had to eat chicken! Which I normally love. Anyway, I kept asking the trainer, what’s going to happen when I try to eat normal stuff again. He just kept telling me, don’t worry about it, just give this “two more weeks.” I finally could no longer maintain that way of eating, but kept up with the work outs until last week. I have gained all of the weight back, not eating junk, just normal healthy food. It was an expensive 7 months and I don’t want to waste a lot of money again. IP is expensive for me, I am so hoping it will be the answer I’m looking for. I work with a few people who have done really well with it. They had a lot more to lose than me and are still in Phase I. But they look amazing! When I called the center where I live, I told the receptionist about the fact I would be happy with a 10-15 pound loss and would their plan work for someone like me. She said it would, I would just get there quicker. So then I guess my anxiety comes from the trainer experience of what’s going to happen at the end of it? Sorry to ramble so. I am just very much hoping this will be a solution for me. I would value any input you can give.
redneckgirl,

This way of eating will work for weight loss and since it is broken down in phases, you will learn how and what to eat in the maintenance phase to not gain weight back. It is normal to gain a few lbs in the winter months and sometimes life happens, but you will always have phase one or two of this way of eating to fall back on for damage control. Make sure that you read Dr. Tran Tien's book (the link is located in the opening quote of the daily chats). The words of Dr. Tran will educate you on this program more than any IP Coach. Good luck and believe in the program and your self
Old 06-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Good day fellow IP'rs, I'm super excited today because I'm going to see Miranda Lambert at the Mohegan Sun tonight and I finally will feel like one of the "pretty girls" at the show!!! Taking the day off for working out today as we are super hot here in CT and I don't want to feel sick for tonight. I will make it up tomorrow, even though it will be 96' out again! Oh well, a 4 mile walk then swimming at home after work will be good. I am loving phase 2 and I would be almost happy if I had to eat like this for the rest of my life!!! Well as long as I could have my "cheat" days followed by a phase 1 day for damage control Hope you all stay OP and have a great day
Old 06-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #26  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
I just started phase 11 as well. It feels weird to eat two normal meals lol, well not from a tin foil packet anyways. I started Monday, I find I am so full at night now, force myself to have a drink before bedtime. I did find my weight went up yesterday but back down today, how weird is that. I dont know if its the extra meal or other fancey stuff going on in my body lol sometimes hard to tell.
I have been in phase 2 for 4 weeks now and I have lost every week (around 1.5 to 2.2 each week). I love phase 2...so satisfying.

Wow...great job on your weight loss...you look like a whole new person. Now go buy yourself some smaller clothes!

I will continue phase 2 until June 23rd and then phase 3 until June 29th and then I am taking 7 days off for a vacation and then doing a combo of phase 2/3/4 for the rest of the summer with intense exercise with hopes of losing my last 9-10 pounds.

Good luck to you and wow congrats on the transformation.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #27  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckgirl View Post
I am just very much hoping this will be a solution for me.
Hi r n girl, and WELCOME! I think you've come to the right place and clearly you have the discipline to follow the plan into ketosis. After that, it's usually fairly clear sailing. Advice? Take the time, just for yourself, to immerse in the ideas behind the plan -- read Dr. Tran's book; take a look at the Exercise thread; read the Phase and Tips stickies (they go a lot faster if you skip the chatter). And most of all, since you don't have a tremendous amount of weight to lose, plan to do Phases 2 and 3 completely and you should be just fine. Bon Voyage.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #28  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
Good morning Everyone!

I'm a big believer in body memories. That said, there are many things about food, eating, and how we stuff our emotions that can come out during the course of weight loss. Body change- weight loss- can be triggering and emotional as much as it is joyful.
It's ok to cry (even all day) and I'm glad you had someone to cry to. If it becomes too much- the memories or the thinking behind the emotions are overwhelming you, please go see a competent counsellor!
I'm so glad you feel better today. It sounds like you needed to purge some grief. You're very strong for letting the process run its course instead of trying to push it away.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

hello all, i had to weigh in 2 days early cause my coach is going out of town, and i lost 1 pound. i am so proud of myself, and i am so glad i am doing this diet. hope you all have a wonderful day!!!! oh, and today is 2 months on the program for me!

Last edited by crystalchuckgracie; 06-08-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 393.8/343.0/199

Height: 5'7.5"

Talking First major SV!!

I have lost 50 pounds as of this morning!! I began this journey on April 1, 2011, and am doing great so far.

I have to say that shopping in my closet for smaller clothes has been a lot of fun.

Although I am mostly a lurker on the boards, I do appreciate the support and knowledge I get from all of you here.
Closed Thread