IP Daily Chat- Tuesday, June 7 - Page 3 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 05:35 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Today was WI5 for me and another two pounds bit the dust! I'm now at exactly the same weight that I was on my wedding day- if a slightly different shape after all that baby bearing I had an NSV yesterday when I went into a yogawear store and the clerk asked me what size I am- since everything fits so tight I said b/w 10-12 and the girl said "A 10 then, definitely not a 12, a 10 at the BIGGEST" ahhh music to my ears...
And today when I went for my weigh in I happened to run into a lady I hadn't seen in over a year and she said "You are looking great!" definitely helps keeping the motivation up when NSV's come around...
Congrats to all others SV's and NSV's today and happy OP day to all!
Old 06-07-2011, 05:54 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenabeana View Post
I'm kind of thinking about starting to use alternative products. I'm feeling guilty spending this kind of money when we are trying to save to buy a house. I'm worried that if I use alternative products that my weight loss will slow down when I am so happy with the results I have had thus far. I also feel like I need the weekly weigh in for support and so that I am accountable to someone other thatn myself (I tend to talk myself into cheating) Has anyone strictly used alternative products? Have you had good results? I also feel bad "leaving" my coach. I realy look forward to seeing her once a week. We always have a few laughs and she is really encouraging. ?????What to do, what to do????????
Since i get laid off every summer from my job (educational assistant) I will no longer be able to afford Ideal Protein. I just ordered some products from Nashua Nutrition at a cost of 1/3 Ideal Protein. I have followed the Alternative thread closely to see what the consensus was on those products, plus I have read a lot about the contents of the packages so that i can buy products that are very close to IP. My best friend sells IP and I know that she will ship my viatamins when I need them, and will support my decisions about costs.
Read the thread and you will see that if you follow the protocol of IP you will lose weight the same as you have been doing. I just hope that we can still get the same supports that we get while we are on Ideal Protein. As I have said, I don't have a coach in my town, and I rely on support and information from those "veterans" online
Old 06-07-2011, 05:54 PM   #33  
Vienna

S/C/G: 242/(IP)182/167/137

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone

Day 2 for on IP. Day 1 was very successful, I felt great, had alot of energy, and really enjoyed the packets and was not hungry. Today was a different story as I didn't like the tomato soup but forced myself to eat it, and I had a meeting at work which went late so by the time I got home it was 8pm. Thank god I had the BBQ chips with me which saved me but I was still shaky and weak as it was. And now craving something sweet...but I'm going to bed early to get past it and tomorrow is another day and I stayed OP perfectly so that was good.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:57 PM   #34  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna11 View Post
Hi everyone

Day 2 for on IP. Day 1 was very successful, I felt great, had alot of energy, and really enjoyed the packets and was not hungry. Today was a different story as I didn't like the tomato soup but forced myself to eat it, and I had a meeting at work which went late so by the time I got home it was 8pm. Thank god I had the BBQ chips with me which saved me but I was still shaky and weak as it was. And now craving something sweet...but I'm going to bed early to get past it and tomorrow is another day and I stayed OP perfectly so that was good.
Going to bed early is my favourite coping skill You can't have evening munchies if you're sleeping!
Old 06-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #35  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
Just a quick "drive by" literally since I am on the road on an 8 hour journey home.
I went with my husband to his oncologist appointment and since Monday's are my usual weigh in day I figured I would get on the doctor scale because I wouldn't be able to weigh in at home (I have no coach). Anyways the scale at the doctor's office read 4 pounds lost!!! I was soooo excited because it was a doctor scale to boot, not my home scale.

NSC= I have NEVER in my adult life shopped in the non-plus section of the store, my husband and I were in Winnipeg Manitoba for 4 days and I was in desperate need of clothes. I tried several stores and discovered that I am a size 14!!! and some were a tight 12. I can't believe it, but on a sad note, I was so overwhelmed with being able to shop in ALL stores that I didn't buy too much. BUT...that's ok because I still have weight to lose so I didn't want to go overboard with buying too much.
Staying OP was a little more difficult with so many choices of restaurants, so I decided before I even went that I would do phase 2/3 and get right back on phase 1 when I get home. Yes, I know that this will probably slow my weight loss down for a week but it was worth it. When you live in a northern remote community with very little/no resources it felt good to get out of town for a few days.
p.s...my husband's appointment went extremely well (he has melanoma stage 3-4) and his prognosis is GREAT!
Sounds like some good news for both you and your husband! Congratulations on the size 12s and I'm glad to hear that your husband was given a positive prognosis
Old 06-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #36  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

Can anyone recommend a throat drop (halls, vicks, etc) that is low cal/low carb? I have a sore throat and have been doing salt water rinse and listerine but it's just not enough... Thanks
Old 06-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Just a drive by. I am on vacation in Florida and enjoying this so much more this year!, I feel confident and comfortable in my new body. Really trying to stick to a Phase 3 but I have dabbled in the forbidden food. I am walking or riding every am. Life is good. Will probably go back to Phase 1 after vacation and know this time I can control my weight. Happy Tuesday!!!

Christine
Old 06-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #38  
OneBadGRANDmotherRunner

S/C/G: 152/143/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Today was WI5 for me and another two pounds bit the dust! I'm now at exactly the same weight that I was on my wedding day- if a slightly different shape after all that baby bearing I had an NSV yesterday when I went into a yogawear store and the clerk asked me what size I am- since everything fits so tight I said b/w 10-12 and the girl said "A 10 then, definitely not a 12, a 10 at the BIGGEST" ahhh music to my ears...
And today when I went for my weigh in I happened to run into a lady I hadn't seen in over a year and she said "You are looking great!" definitely helps keeping the motivation up when NSV's come around...
Congrats to all others SV's and NSV's today and happy OP day to all!
That is SO awesome! Congrats!

I had a great NSV today too--came home to find my Eddie Bauer jeans order wating for me. The size 6 petite fit absolutely perfectly so I didn't even try on the 8's! Yes, I bought both sizes, just couldn't quite wrap my head around size 6 jeans and my body!

Someone also said today, "You are getting so skinny" and I just don't believe it--so I responded, "I'm just short." Wondering when my mental picture will catch up to the physical?
Old 06-07-2011, 11:40 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLibE View Post
Can anyone recommend a throat drop (halls, vicks, etc) that is low cal/low carb? I have a sore throat and have been doing salt water rinse and listerine but it's just not enough... Thanks
I believe that sugar free Ricola Lemon Mint are okay - might want to check out the label to be sure, but they worked great in the past for me!

Feeling great this week. I have been getting nice compliments on my outfits lately, since I am now able to fit into some of my cuter clothes that I haven't gotten into since 2008/2009! I can't wait until I meet with my coach this Thursday... I will have my first "official" measurements taken since I started this. I am very excited to see the results on paper!

Thanks everyone - have a great week.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:45 PM   #40  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonieRuns View Post
That is SO awesome! Congrats!

I had a great NSV today too--came home to find my Eddie Bauer jeans order wating for me. The size 6 petite fit absolutely perfectly so I didn't even try on the 8's! Yes, I bought both sizes, just couldn't quite wrap my head around size 6 jeans and my body!

Someone also said today, "You are getting so skinny" and I just don't believe it--so I responded, "I'm just short." Wondering when my mental picture will catch up to the physical?
Let me know when the mental picture catches up with the physical. I'm frustrated with myself for not being able to see what others see.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:58 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 219.4/215/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi Ladies,

I have a question... I have been feeling so sick the last couple of days and have been having a hard time eating all of my food. I seem to be able to get my packets and protein per day but I just can't eat the vegetables. I would normally get all of my veggies in but just can't with an upset stomach. It's hard enough to get the others down. What will this do to my WI this week and how bad is it to not eat your veggies everyday? I just wish I'd feel better so that I can be 100% OP... ugh, seems like it is always something...

Thanks for any input!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #42  

Height: 5' 5"

Please place all new posts on today's chat thread.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ne-8-11-a.html
Closed Thread