Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #31  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Good morning everyone! Hope it's a good Monday! Just a little busy here at work, and haven't had time to even look up since I got to work today.

Everybody have a great afternoon!
Old 06-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
have any of you tried the pure protein bars, or will they not work?
I have when I've been unable to restock my IP. They are higher calorie, (+40) but fairly comparable otherwise. Reading all the labels of other bars, these were one of the closest I found that were readily available at places like Target, some Albertsons and GNC.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 219.4/215/120

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdawg View Post
Good Morning All. Hope everyone is happy and healthy. I had WI #6 on the weekend. I lost 5 pounds last week and am down a total of 37 pounds.
Great Job!!! 37 pounds is such a wonderful accomplishment!!!! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogs311 View Post
Good morning everyone,
Hope you all had successful, great weekends. I have something interesting to share with you and would like your feedback about it. I have been on IP since May 9th and I have stayed strict to the plan, with the exception of week 3, I had two adult beverages at a wedding. So, at my clinic, I have weighed in on Monday evenings for the past 3 times. Last week, I went and the scale was moved from one end of the center to the other, and it had a board underneath it. So, I weighed on it there (the new place) and the scale said I gained like 10lbs. So my coach moved it to the original location that I originally weighed in on and I lost 4.6. Weird. So this morning, I had my WI#4 and a different coach and she was adamant about the new way the scale is. Yeah, so it shows I gained 8 whopping pounds. I personally feel this is so wrong. Since I also weighed myself, clothed, 10 minutes before the clinic and my scale said 219. The clinics read 228?!?! So, what are your thoughts? I know I have lost weight, my clothes are loose and I fit in to some jeans I haven't been able to in some time. Now I am just completely discouraged!
Also, my clinic took my original measurement 5/9 and haven't since....
So any feedback would be greatly appreciated-boy am I in a fowl mood now....
I think that you should just let them have their number but you know that on your scale you have lost pounds! You will continue to go down in numbers now on their scale... but I would mention it to the other coach if you can. From what I understand, a scale shouldn't be moved around very much because it loses it's accuracy...something about the calibration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca1978 View Post
Good morning. I am on Day 5 of the program. My first official WI is tomorrow morning. As of my scale, I have lost 3.5 pounds so far. I was starving both yesterday and Saturday mornings after I ate breakfast. I am hoping that will change. I have been really impressed with the food. Most of the packets that I have tried have been really good.
As a fellow newbie, I can tell you that it DOES get better! I am in my second week now and I was starving and miserable last week but this week is so much better!! Keep up the good work and you will move through it. The WI tomorrow will make this all worth while for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLibE View Post
Happy Monday all!! I had a great weekend - my daughter and I took in Mosaic on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It is a multi-cultural event where you visit different 'countries' and sample their food, drink, crafts, music, dance, etc. I took a bottle of water and a container of celery with me. I did really well, while my daughter was 'sampling' I crunched away on celery and enjoyed the music and dancing. If I can handle that temptation, I can handle anything!!!!

Have a great week!!
Great job on resisting the temptation!! What a great NSV!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishn222 View Post
Good morning. This week I lost 4.4 lbs. That is great for me.
My family has all noticed and have been very encouraging to me. My mom actually thanked my friend that turned me onto this diet. I know that they all have my best interests at heart. My husband, my kids, my mom and my sisters (I have 6 of them) are all so positive.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and stays on plan!
Congrats on the 4.4 loss!! It is wonderful to have support from your family and friends isn't it? My husband has been so supportive... to the point that he is doing this with me. My mom, not so much, she always think I will fail at things and keeps saying "well you'll do good if you stick to it but it's the sticking to it that you are probably going to have trouble with" Even though I'm 40 the little kid in me wants to prove her so wrong!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
Hi,

I have been a member here for a few years but have not posted much lately. I posted this in the IP phase sticky and decided to post here as well. I want to start the IP diet but had a question/concern.

Has anyone with Hypothyroidism tried this diet and if so is there success? I really did not want to pay the $$ if it would not work for people with thyroid issues. I called the clinics in my area and the response was "check with your dr" and the second one I called said sure it works for everyone. I have found the everyone is not necessarily "me" and felt like they just wanted my money and did not really know about thyroid issues. My Dr said I could "try" whatever diet I wanted to, but could not promise I would get results.

Thanks for any info.
I have hypothyroidism and I really didn't think that IP would work for me but it has so far. I think you'll do great and I think you will feel better and lose some of the side effects that hypothyroidism brings with it. I totally think this is one investment that you need to make!! Good Luck!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Good morning all, WI number 16 for me today. I have switched from Thursdays to mondays and now it is a different time every other week, this week 2pm and next week 5pm... it will be interesting to know if it makes a difference in weighing.
Congrats to everyone who had nsv and sv, Welcome to the newcomers you are in a select few that is working to better improve themselves.

Joanne
Good Luck at your WI today!!!!

Well my husband and I have decided to renew our vows on our next anniversary. It will be 5 years of marriage for us this next February. We want to have a ceremony in our church because we did not have a wedding. We were married at the courthouse because I was 6 months so I have something to really look forward to!! I WILL be able to look forward to going shopping for a wedding dress and I WILL look awesome in it!!!!

I need some help... I tried the milk chocolate pudding and I think it is awful!! I was looking so forward to it and was so disappointed in it. What can I add to it to make it better?? Has anyone doctored their puddings up?

Hope everyone has a great day!! Have to go do some homework and will be back on in a little while! All of your tickers are so cute and I can't wait to get mine...waiting impatiently!
Old 06-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #34  
Started IP 2/15/11

S/C/G: 328/265/180

Height: 5' 9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
Hi,

I have been a member here for a few years but have not posted much lately. I posted this in the IP phase sticky and decided to post here as well. I want to start the IP diet but had a question/concern.

Has anyone with Hypothyroidism tried this diet and if so is there success? I really did not want to pay the $$ if it would not work for people with thyroid issues. I called the clinics in my area and the response was "check with your dr" and the second one I called said sure it works for everyone. I have found the everyone is not necessarily "me" and felt like they just wanted my money and did not really know about thyroid issues. My Dr said I could "try" whatever diet I wanted to, but could not promise I would get results.

Thanks for any info.
I had my thyroid removed when I was 19, and have been on replacement thyroid since then --- 30+ years. I have had great success on IP, as long as I stay OP.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:12 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophly0709 View Post
I need some help... I tried the milk chocolate pudding and I think it is awful!! I was looking so forward to it and was so disappointed in it. What can I add to it to make it better?? Has anyone doctored their puddings up?

Hope everyone has a great day!! Have to go do some homework and will be back on in a little while! All of your tickers are so cute and I can't wait to get mine...waiting impatiently!
I use SF Torani syrup (White Chocolate usually) and it helps. The Black Cherry is also good if you like the Cherry/Chocolate combo.

Last edited by blkbmr06; 06-06-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Thank you Sophy0709, Losingtime and MInewgoal....
I was so upset leaving there this morning, I just wrote an email to my original coach and I am definitely having measurements done next Monday. From now on, I am going with my scale. ugh
Old 06-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogs311 View Post
Thank you Sophy0709, Losingtime and MInewgoal....
I was so upset leaving there this morning, I just wrote an email to my original coach and I am definitely having measurements done next Monday. From now on, I am going with my scale. ugh
Just put that nasty scale out of your mind! I know for sure that if they've moved the scale and it's not sitting level or on carpet etc, it needs to be calibrated.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #38  
Started IP 2/15/11

S/C/G: 328/265/180

Height: 5' 9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophly0709 View Post
Great Job!!! 37 pounds is such a wonderful accomplishment!!!! Way to go!

I think that you should just let them have their number but you know that on your scale you have lost pounds! You will continue to go down in numbers now on their scale... but I would mention it to the other coach if you can. From what I understand, a scale shouldn't be moved around very much because it loses it's accuracy...something about the calibration?

As a fellow newbie, I can tell you that it DOES get better! I am in my second week now and I was starving and miserable last week but this week is so much better!! Keep up the good work and you will move through it. The WI tomorrow will make this all worth while for you!

Great job on resisting the temptation!! What a great NSV!!

Congrats on the 4.4 loss!! It is wonderful to have support from your family and friends isn't it? My husband has been so supportive... to the point that he is doing this with me. My mom, not so much, she always think I will fail at things and keeps saying "well you'll do good if you stick to it but it's the sticking to it that you are probably going to have trouble with" Even though I'm 40 the little kid in me wants to prove her so wrong!!!!

I have hypothyroidism and I really didn't think that IP would work for me but it has so far. I think you'll do great and I think you will feel better and lose some of the side effects that hypothyroidism brings with it. I totally think this is one investment that you need to make!! Good Luck!!!!

Good Luck at your WI today!!!!

Well my husband and I have decided to renew our vows on our next anniversary. It will be 5 years of marriage for us this next February. We want to have a ceremony in our church because we did not have a wedding. We were married at the courthouse because I was 6 months so I have something to really look forward to!! I WILL be able to look forward to going shopping for a wedding dress and I WILL look awesome in it!!!!

AS far as doctoring the puddings, I did that last week with happy results. I brewed some "Good Earth" tea the night before, and mixed a vanilla and chocolate pudding in the tea the next morning. It came out a bit sweet for my taste, since the tea is herbally sweet. I would probably mix 1/2 water and 1/2 tea to make it a little less sweet. Otherwise, it was really yummy!!
Old 06-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #39  
Chelsea

S/C/G: 142/135/115

Height: 4'11.5"

WOW thank you! i will tone down the water intake! i hated water before i started this diet.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 228/219.7/177

Height: 5 feet 7 iinches

I had a pretty good weekend. We spent some time at our trailer which I find hard to do these days. In the past we wold spend the weekend drinking and eating by the fire but this time we had non of that. I hope my hard work will pay off at the WI in Thursday. Have a great week guys!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 232/214/175

Height: 5'9"

Happy Monday everyone! I had a rough weekend again, but I made it through and I'm ready to tackle a new week. I've definitely noticed how important the veggies are over the past few days - skipping them is NOT a good idea. Duh!

My question of the day is this: does anyone know anything about the interplay of depression and IP? I've had depression for years and I'm medicated, but I've been having definite mood swings lately. It could easily be hormones, but I was just wondering if anyone had talked to a coach about depression and IP.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 219.4/215/120

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta Catarina View Post
Happy Monday everyone! I had a rough weekend again, but I made it through and I'm ready to tackle a new week. I've definitely noticed how important the veggies are over the past few days - skipping them is NOT a good idea. Duh!

My question of the day is this: does anyone know anything about the interplay of depression and IP? I've had depression for years and I'm medicated, but I've been having definite mood swings lately. It could easily be hormones, but I was just wondering if anyone had talked to a coach about depression and IP.

I have been feeling the exact same way! I too am medicated for depression and have been having a heck of a time the past week!!!! My IP doctor didn't think anything of it when he learned that I was being treated for depression. But I definitely think that it is really effecting it!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #43  
SkyGirl

S/C/G: 179/163/110

Height: Five feet one and a half

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
Good morning fellow IPer's!! Well with the disappointing weekend I had, not with IP but with my parents (see weekend post) I'm back at it. I'm not going to let them get to me. This is for me not them. My DH and kids are very supportive and have notice and that's all that counts.

On a positive note, I got my ticker and signature today. So that's all set up. But on another note I have WI #6 today. I usually WI on wednesdays but my coach didn't have any more bookings that day, I have to go 2 days earlier. Not too happy about that, but oh well, let's just do it. I'm sure there's a lost but probably not as big as I would have wanted it to be on wednesday. But we'll see. I'll keep you posted this evening when I get back from WI.

Well baby girl is up now, so I better go get her. She slept in this morning wow, that's a first. My son is gone to school (high school) but my younger girls have a PD day today, so they'll be home today to help me clean house and do laundry and help with the baby.

Hope you all have a great day! Happy monday!!
Hi there~! I have had a similar expierience...My Mom took me to a women's luncheon yesterday and the only thing available were two salads that were already dressed and rolls and pastry's! And she says in front of all her friends.."Oh I guess there is nothing you can have here". I felt all guilty and so ended up eating it. Anyway it sounds like you have a teenager and a baby? Me too! Thanks for your post!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #44  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta Catarina View Post

Could definitely be hormones but also want to make sure your not taking your medication anytime near your supplements as the calcium for instance affects absorption.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 225/184/150

Height: 5'7

Hello Everyone!
I was wondering if anyone has made cauliflower "couscous"? Thoughts? Opinions..any feedback would be appreciated!!
Closed Thread