Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 07:42 AM   #1  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default IP daily Thread Monday June 6, 2011

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- lintroduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - Weekend chat: June 3-5 2011
Old 06-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #2  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning fellow IPer's!! Well with the disappointing weekend I had, not with IP but with my parents (see weekend post) I'm back at it. I'm not going to let them get to me. This is for me not them. My DH and kids are very supportive and have notice and that's all that counts.

On a positive note, I got my ticker and signature today. So that's all set up. But on another note I have WI #6 today. I usually WI on wednesdays but my coach didn't have any more bookings that day, I have to go 2 days earlier. Not too happy about that, but oh well, let's just do it. I'm sure there's a lost but probably not as big as I would have wanted it to be on wednesday. But we'll see. I'll keep you posted this evening when I get back from WI.

Well baby girl is up now, so I better go get her. She slept in this morning wow, that's a first. My son is gone to school (high school) but my younger girls have a PD day today, so they'll be home today to help me clean house and do laundry and help with the baby.

Hope you all have a great day! Happy monday!!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:54 AM   #3  

Jo I am sorry your family didn't notice, sometimes those closest to us, don't notice who were are or what we have accomplished. It is always hard when you are so proud of your accomplishments. I am proud of you for doing this for yourself. You know how good it makes you feel and how good you are doing, and your DH and daughters can see it... They are what counts. When you are on maintenance and you go to visit your dad again and the stepmom offers you dessert you can just say no thank you, I don't need to eat that as I am secure in the knowledge that my body doesn't need that, but you go ahead and have some.
Have a nice week
Joanne

Thanks Jo!! That means alot. I must be very emotional today, as I was reading your post and was tearing up. But you're right, this is for me!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:56 AM   #4  

Hang in there! My husband is very supportive and said to my step kids (adults) Doesn't Nikki look good she's lost 20 lbs? Their response was, "really???? you can't tell." I was devistated. Then I reminded myself I have a support system with my husband, my daughter, my coach and my mom. I told myself to let go of the negativeness and focus on the positives. There will always be those out there that have nothing nice to say and that would just as soon see us fail.

I think some of the nay sayers don't know how to react. You're changing and they don't know where they will fit in. As you lose weight will you look down on them or try to get them to lose weight. You're taking control of your life, which reinforces that they have no control over their eating, including your step mom. I'm so proud of you for planning ahead and staying on you plan!

THANK YOU!!! It's weird that the people around you haven't noticed. But you have a great support system too and that is great. I understand how you felt being disappointed. But we have to remember that we are doing this for ourselves and not others. But it is always nice to hear those NSV.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone!!

I hope you are all doing well on this sunny Monday and I hope you had a great weekend!

Last Friday I went on my 1st WI...and I lost 8.2 LBS as well as a few inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was sooo excited! My coach and I just yelled when the number came up the scale!! It was so funny as well as sooo encouraging for the weekend!
I did have a little slip on Saturday night but I stopped when I realized and on Sunday morning I started my routine went to the gym drank A LOT of water and everything was fine (didn't gain anything...)

I am feeling a difference around my stomach area I feel less bloated and it feels great!!!
Everyday I look at the pictures I took on my first day and it keeps me going..I don't ever want to be like that ever again!!

On that note I have some work that needs to be done -_- but I will check in all day! :P

Have a great OP day
Old 06-06-2011, 09:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: S:222/C:195/G:135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! It was a tough weekend. I had to go out of town to San Diego and I kept thinking its a vacation I should be eating wonderful food. I was very proud of myself that I did not cheat once! I had a down moment when waiting for my food that everyone else was eating some very yummy food. I realize that I will have these down moments and that I need to work through them. I am more proud of myself then ever for doing so!!

JoAnne as long as you feel better and those that support you notice and give positive feedback are the ones that matter!!

Good luck everyone on another week!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #7  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

I am back from WI 14 and happy to report that I lost 3.0 lbs for a total of 38 pounds in 14 weeks... The last three weeks had slowed down a little, so I was starting to get a little disillusioned. But, today I'm back in the saddle and feeling great.

We spent ALL day yesterday shopping for plants and then putting in the veggie garden. We planted tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, bell peppers, banana peppers, chili peppers, green beans, and a watermelon. I also bought a mystery vegetable that had lost its label (just for fun!). I think it's a yellow squash. My little herb garden in the front is fully stocked with 3 types of basil, parsley, sage, oregano, mint, rosemary... And, I found a stevia plant and planted it! Can't wait to have a "faux-ito" (aka "fake mojito") with mint, stevia, club soda, lime, and rum extract.

We also put in two nice hydrangeas in the front yard, moved some other plants around, and weeded like mad. Now we just have to mulch everywhere.

I did learn a good lesson. Put some lemon juice and salt in water and DRINK LIKE MAD when gardening... I got light-headed twice and had to sit down. Hubby brought me water and forced me to sit in the grass until I felt better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
Good morning fellow IPer's!! Well with the disappointing weekend I had, not with IP but with my parents (see weekend post) I'm back at it. I'm not going to let them get to me. This is for me not them. My DH and kids are very supportive and have notice and that's all that counts.

On a positive note, I got my ticker and signature today. So that's all set up. But on another note I have WI #6 today. I usually WI on wednesdays but my coach didn't have any more bookings that day, I have to go 2 days earlier. Not too happy about that, but oh well, let's just do it. I'm sure there's a lost but probably not as big as I would have wanted it to be on wednesday. But we'll see. I'll keep you posted this evening when I get back from WI.
You have the right attitude. Sometimes you just need to develop "tunnel vision" and plow forward no matter what the world throws at you.

And, keep in mind, what people do or don't say about your weight loss has much more to do with them and their perceptions about themselves than it does about you.

I have a lot of people who are now asking me about the program who asked me about it when I first started. I was initially annoyed that they were repeatedly talking to me about it and hadn't remember things, but then had a good conversation with my coach that made me realize something... When I had lost about 20 pounds, people were kind of listening to me but not really. So, I talked about the program but none of it really sank in. They were being polite...

Now that I have lost 38 pounds, they are REALLY listening when I describe what I'm doing. That magic threshold will be different for everyone.

As for the WI day, I have stressed about changing the day of the week and even the time of day. In the end, it all evens out. You will have big losses one week, smaller losses the next. But, when you're at the finish line, none of that will matter. So, get weighed, write it down, and keep on rockin' the program. You are doing really well!

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 06-06-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Monday everyone!!

I had a great weekend and I am finding it hard to get back to work now as I am quite tired but I do thrive on my routine and I am happy to get back to that! I am also looking forward to tap class tonight. I had to miss one last week and my feet are itching to dance again!

Yesterday, the day after the party, was worse for me than the party itself. I was far too busy to focus on eating at the party but now I am left, sometimes alone, in the house with all of the temptation all around me... and tired... and I eat more when I am tired! ...and some items look soo good. But I was good! I did have a bar & cheese curls yesterdays for my breakfast and my snack but it could have been way worse! I am so proud of myself!

We will use some party leftovers on the kids and babysitter tonight and evething else is going to DH's office tomorrow! Free food for his colleagues! At my office, it will be in front of my face all day and I just can't take that!

On IP business, I am going call and find out if I can get a WI scheduled for later today or sometime this week as I did not have one last week (I just took my own numbers and added two lbs to compensated for my Coach's scale mid-day with clothes on)! I am also out of RTD drinks and missing them already!

Make this a great start of a great week everyone!!! It has the potential to be your best week yet!!
Quote:
Jo I am sorry your family didn't notice, sometimes those closest to us, don't notice who were are or what we have accomplished. It is always hard when you are so proud of your accomplishments. I am proud of you for doing this for yourself. You know how good it makes you feel and how good you are doing, and your DH and daughters can see it... They are what counts. When you are on maintenance and you go to visit your dad again and the stepmom offers you dessert you can just say no thank you, I don't need to eat that as I am secure in the knowledge that my body doesn't need that, but you go ahead and have some.
Have a nice week
Joanne

Thanks Jo!! That means alot. I must be very emotional today, as I was reading your post and was tearing up. But you're right, this is for me!!!
Jo: I am so sorry that your family didn't notice! I understand how you must feel! My dad won't see or acknowledge my loss either. He just says: "keep at it and it will evenutally show". Eventually!!! What?!?! Everyone in my life has noticed (colleagues, my boss, friends, family, people who see me on the bus, etc.). My dad just can't see what's in front of his face right now. I've concluded that he's lost in his own little world and can't see anything beyond the tip of his nose. It's kind of sad (for him) really.

When desserts are passed around, say "no thank you" and pull out a bar if you can... or sneak off to the bathroom if you can't.

Focus on people who make you feel good about yourself!

Keep up the wonderful work that you've been doing!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-06-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #9  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:

Well baby girl is up now, so I better go get her. She slept in this morning wow, that's a first. My son is gone to school (high school) but my younger girls have a PD day today, so they'll be home today to help me clean house and do laundry and help with the baby.

Hope you all have a great day! Happy monday!!
Hang in there -- you are doing a fantastic job!!! I know how madding it can be when people don't notice weight loss - especially family. I had to loose 36 pounds before anyone said ANYTHING. (and to make it worse it took about 30 pounds before I changed sizes in my pants) I agree with Pixl - their lack of comment says more about them then you. Sometimes I think people don't acknowledge because it means they recognize a failure in themselves somehow - like celebrating someone's success means acknowledging their failure...kind of an odd phenomenon. You did a great job under the circumstances and I think that is a HUGE NSV.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:39 AM   #10  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I am back from WI 14 and happy to report that I lost 3.0 lbs for a total of 38 pounds in 14 weeks... The last three weeks had slowed down a little, so I was starting to get a little disillusioned. But, today I'm back in the saddle and feeling great.
YIPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't feel good to break through a slow/stall -- I am telling you the 160's are soooo maddening. Congrats on the break through, 3 pounds is fantastic especially this far into the program. I bet your garden looks fantastic - love that you are planting veggies - your son is going to love harvesting and watching you create healthy meals with stuff from the garden. I also have to compliment you on the handling of the party - telling people you are cleaning up your family's eating habits usually just stops a conversation about weight loss and on a positive sometimes starts a really productive one. Lets face it we are raising kids in an environment where eating crap is cheaper, easier and readily available. Sometimes I feel like it is my husband and I against the junk food world (I mean it is every where - TV, driving down the road, daycare, school....uggg). Good for you for teaching your son good eating habits early -- it matters and it is HUGE.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:51 AM   #11  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all, WI number 16 for me today. I have switched from Thursdays to mondays and now it is a different time every other week, this week 2pm and next week 5pm... it will be interesting to know if it makes a difference in weighing.
Congrats to everyone who had nsv and sv, Welcome to the newcomers you are in a select few that is working to better improve themselves.

As some of you know I gave blood on Saturday, everything went great my blood pressure is down again so that is great. Had a wonderful day out with lunch and a movie... just about fell asleep in the movie... everyone ate around us and it didn't bother me at all. Could be was still full from lunch but..
Now about weight loss and no one noticing. I know in my case because I have lost 55 lbs there is a REAL noticable difference, but some of my close friends haven't said anything. I discussed this with a friend one day and she and I came up with, that sometimes when we lose weight so fast people are scared to ask about it, they don't really want to know that maybe you are sick. I remember before my dad was dianosed with cancer he was so proud he lost his stomach, and unfortunately that was the beginning of cancer eating his body up. I now ignore people that don't comment as maybe they are worried and don't really know how to ask.

Well off I go, I have an appointment for an oil change and a free detailing (as for some reason the dealerships online scheduling isn't working so the bonus for telling them about it is they give a free detailing) I feel sorry for who is going to do it as those of you that have dogs know this, my dogs bordercollie Xs shed and are very much water dogs so there is a lot for the detailer to clean... should be interesting. Have a great day everyone, and hang in there for our wonderful Journey to a healthy body.

JudoGirl - I am sure you are busy with the opening of your new shop, just wanted to say congratulations and you are going to be a great IP Coach and Representative. Let us know whats new.
Joanne

Last edited by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST; 06-06-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 283/235/190

Height: 5'11

Good Morning All. Hope everyone is happy and healthy. I had WI #6 on the weekend. I lost 5 pounds last week and am down a total of 37 pounds.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone,
Hope you all had successful, great weekends. I have something interesting to share with you and would like your feedback about it. I have been on IP since May 9th and I have stayed strict to the plan, with the exception of week 3, I had two adult beverages at a wedding. So, at my clinic, I have weighed in on Monday evenings for the past 3 times. Last week, I went and the scale was moved from one end of the center to the other, and it had a board underneath it. So, I weighed on it there (the new place) and the scale said I gained like 10lbs. So my coach moved it to the original location that I originally weighed in on and I lost 4.6. Weird. So this morning, I had my WI#4 and a different coach and she was adamant about the new way the scale is. Yeah, so it shows I gained 8 whopping pounds. I personally feel this is so wrong. Since I also weighed myself, clothed, 10 minutes before the clinic and my scale said 219. The clinics read 228?!?! So, what are your thoughts? I know I have lost weight, my clothes are loose and I fit in to some jeans I haven't been able to in some time. Now I am just completely discouraged!
Also, my clinic took my original measurement 5/9 and haven't since....
So any feedback would be greatly appreciated-boy am I in a fowl mood now....
Old 06-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning. I am on Day 5 of the program. My first official WI is tomorrow morning. As of my scale, I have lost 3.5 pounds so far. I was starving both yesterday and Saturday mornings after I ate breakfast. I am hoping that will change. I have been really impressed with the food. Most of the packets that I have tried have been really good.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I did not do well yesterday. But today is a new day and I'm so ready to go again! I've been planning a trash the dress shoot for months and it's at the end of next month. I was worried I'd lose too much weight and my dress would be too big. So I tried my wedding dress on again this morning and it fits like it did on my wedding day. Too small!! So I'm totally on fire to get this diet moving and shaking again so I look better than I did on my wedding! I'm so glad I tried it on this morning, I needed the kick in the butt!!
Closed Thread