3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Allergic to Soy Products (maybe)???? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/234841-allergic-soy-products-maybe.html)

msbrau 06-04-2011 07:31 PM

Allergic to Soy Products (maybe)????

I have been on the IP program 3 weeks now and I am not very happy with my results. I have not cheated with my eating. I am a little lax on getting all my water in but other than that, I feel great. I have been exercising (water aerobics) about 4 days a week. I just feel that I should notice more of a loss. My clothes still seem to fit the same. I have only lost 8 pounds total. I have not yet had anyone notice that I have lost weight. Although that is not the most important I feel like my body is not responding to the IP food. Could I possibly be allergic to the Soy and that is why my body does not want to let go of the weight. Also, I feel that my hormones are going crazy. Hot flashes like none other. My coach says that fat stores hormones and it will pass in time. I do think that I am better with that but now my body has a very funky odor. BUT I STILL AM NOT LOSING LIKE I THINK I SHOULD. Any solutions??? :rolleyes:

Ishbel 06-04-2011 07:56 PM

I really really really think the key is water. When I stick to the diet to a 't' and don't concentrate on water I loose less. I drink at least 3.5 litres a day. Don't give up - sometimes my body fights to keep the weight and then it lets it go....almost like it's giving up.

Losingtime 06-04-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 3878067)
I really really really think the key is water. When I stick to the diet to a 't' and don't concentrate on water I loose less. I drink at least 3.5 litres a day. Don't give up - sometimes my body fights to keep the weight and then it lets it go....almost like it's giving up.

I agree 100%!

Bretley 06-05-2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msbrau (Post 3878059)
I have been on the IP program 3 weeks now and I am not very happy with my results. I have not cheated with my eating. I am a little lax on getting all my water in but other than that, I feel great. I have been exercising (water aerobics) about 4 days a week. I just feel that I should notice more of a loss. My clothes still seem to fit the same. I have only lost 8 pounds total. I have not yet had anyone notice that I have lost weight. Although that is not the most important I feel like my body is not responding to the IP food. Could I possibly be allergic to the Soy and that is why my body does not want to let go of the weight. Also, I feel that my hormones are going crazy. Hot flashes like none other. My coach says that fat stores hormones and it will pass in time. I do think that I am better with that but now my body has a very funky odor. BUT I STILL AM NOT LOSING LIKE I THINK I SHOULD. Any solutions??? :rolleyes:

I'm curious about how much you weigh, if you don't have a lot to lose the weight will come off slower. 8 pounds in three weeks is still pretty awesome in my books.

Linden 06-05-2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msbrau (Post 3878059)
I feel that my hormones are going crazy. Hot flashes like none other. My coach says that fat stores hormones and it will pass in time. I do think that I am better with that but now my body has a very funky odor. BUT I STILL AM NOT LOSING LIKE I THINK I SHOULD. Any solutions??? :rolleyes:

It WON"T pass unless you flush out the waste. Ishbel nailed it. You've got the classic case of not-drinking-enough-water. And allergic to soy? Many, many people are so it's worth testing. Unless a lot of packets have been reformulated, the butterscotch pudding is the only complete (as in having all the essential amino acids) whey packet. And if you have hypothyroidism (also worth testing) you shouldn't be living on soy.

msbrau 06-05-2011 02:04 PM

I started at 231 and am now at 223. I am 5' 2. I am checking into Whey Protein. I do like the butterscotch pudding, especially if it is cold. Has anyone heard of EAS Drinks. I hear they are comparable to the IP drinks and food.

Linden 06-05-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msbrau (Post 3878899)
I started at 231 and am now at 223. I am 5' 2. I am checking into Whey Protein. I do like the butterscotch pudding, especially if it is cold. Has anyone heard of EAS Drinks. I hear they are comparable to the IP drinks and food.

I don't think they're comparable, either in taste, texture, or nutritional value, but that's just me. I lived on the butterscotch pudding for almost three months, but as a shake; not a pudding. Add 16 ounces of very cold water and shake. Has the advantage of automatically getting 48 ounces of water into your system. For variety consider adding 1 T instant espresso; IP chocolate syrup; a little vanilla and cinnamon, etc. I couldn't get da Vinci flavorings where I lived in Hawai'i, but they would be great, too.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-.../0/21.8/0/.png

MInewgoal 06-05-2011 05:11 PM

I use syntrax nectars as my protien shake. It's whey and taste good/mixes good. I buy alternatives in general..but since you were looking into whey protein you might want to check those out.