Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
Hi all! Just wanted to pop in and let you know I had my first official wi today - I'm down 8 lbs after being OP for 9 days. Yah! Here's to another week OP!
Soooooo proud of you Laura!! Keep up the great work

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpnew View Post
Happy Birthday Isn't it special to spend your actual birthday with newborns!!!
I got pooped and peed on but yep, it was nice to spend it with 2 new bundles

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes!!!
Old 06-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
Hey Laura, was just reading some of your blogs, and just wanted to point out that the big mac in a bowl doesn't have cheese. There's no diary products allowed on Phase 1. FYI!!
Thanks - the cheese is for the rest of the family!

Last edited by Laura G; 06-03-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #63  
Started IP 2/15/11

S/C/G: 328/265/180

Height: 5' 9.5"

Quote:
Hi all! Just wanted to pop in and let you know I had my first official wi today - I'm down 8 lbs after being OP for 9 days. Yah! Here's to another week OP!

Way to go. I have decided to do boot camp this week to see how well I do. I will just keep remembering your awesome results as a motivator.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 157/137/110

Height: 4''11

Question

Hey can someone please give me the recipie for the Big Mac bowl everyones talking about? I can't seem to find it
Thanks so much
Nikki
Old 06-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #65  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Big Mac in a bowl

* 1/2 pound raw ground beef, about 5 1/2 ounces cooked weight or 153 grams cooked *
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 1 teaspoon minced dry onions
* 46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces
* 2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing
* 1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded

Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper.. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Hi all. SV for me today, I am one of those SW's, so I weigh every day. I take great pleasure in seeing those first thing in the morning low numbers, because I know soon I will see that at the Official WI in the clinic. Anywho, this morning I saw for the first time 159. The last time I saw 159 I am sure I was not as excited as I was this morning, because I was probably on my up in weight. I know I probably won't see 159 at the clinic for a week or two, but it was exciting for me none the less.

It's going to be a beautiful weekend here, and I hope to get some yard work done, and just hang around the house. I am really looking forward to this weekend after a hellish week at work. It seems like these short weeks last forever!

I hope everyone has a great OP weekend!
Old 06-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 219.4/215/120

Height: 5'1"

Default First WI

Happy Friday Everyone!!!

I had my first official WI this afternoon and I am down 8.6#'s!! I am so excited!!! I will definitely be staying OP for many weeks to come!

Hope everyone is having a great Friday and the start of the weekend!
Old 06-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #68  
Fancy Nancy

S/C/G: 159.6/154.3/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Evenings Out

Does anyone have any suggestions for drinks on the Ideal Protein Diet. My friend and I are going to a dance tomorrow night and are wondering what our options are.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #69  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

There are NO alcoholic drinks on IP.
Sorry.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #70  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Default Happy First Weigh Ins!!!

Quote:

That is AWESOME Laura!!! WTG!! Keep rocking this diet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophly0709 View Post
Happy Friday Everyone!!!

I had my first official WI this afternoon and I am down 8.6#'s!! I am so excited!!! I will definitely be staying OP for many weeks to come!

Congratulations!! You are doing great!
Old 06-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #71  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Hi all. SV for me today, I am one of those SW's, so I weigh every day. I take great pleasure in seeing those first thing in the morning low numbers, because I know soon I will see that at the Official WI in the clinic. Anywho, this morning I saw for the first time 159. The last time I saw 159 I am sure I was not as excited as I was this morning, because I was probably on my up in weight. I know I probably won't see 159 at the clinic for a week or two, but it was exciting for me none the less.

It's going to be a beautiful weekend here, and I hope to get some yard work done, and just hang around the house. I am really looking forward to this weekend after a hellish week at work. It seems like these short weeks last forever!

I hope everyone has a great OP weekend!
Congrats that is a big goal for you way to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophly0709 View Post
Happy Friday Everyone!!!

Laura and Sophly, congratulations you two I knew you can do it.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:03 AM   #72  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenfromtexas View Post
Hi everyone!

I am savoring my last day of my week off from graduate school. (We only get a week off once every 12 weeks at the end of the quarter.). It starts up again Monday so I'll be up to my eyeballs in books all weekend.

Today has gone well program-wise. I wasn't not crazy about the tomato basil soup but it was okay. I also found the pina colada drink very sour so later today, I think I'll add some rum extract, coconut extract, and maybe some Splenda.

I am just starting week 2 and I thrilled that I get to have 1 restricted product per day. I also got a new product yesterday from my coach-soy patties. It's a mix and you put spices in it, form it into a patty, and cook it. It sounds good to me and it's not restricted. Has anyone tried it? If so, how did you spice it up? I was thinking about taco seasoning or Italian.

Have a great rest of the day! I'll check in with ya'll tomorrow...

Karen
Hi, I'm pretty sure the soy patties are a restricted. Atleast thats what I was told by my coach. Of course we all get different information.
I know in my case like some of you are finding I was told to have a restricted a day from the start. I was my coach's first client though so she is going on the most up to date information whereas someone that has been doing it along time may not be.
I LOVE IP
Old 06-04-2011, 12:15 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

I have been having dreams about bread-baking grainy crusty bread and I wake up and can smell it-ahhhhhh someday.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:26 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 247/180.8/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
My coach told me we weren't allowed to start restrictions until week 5. Is that right?
I was allowed restricted since day 1. Coach tells me we need to have at least one a day. Funny how IP coaches are telling each of us different things. Wow!
Old 06-04-2011, 05:15 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Saturday everyone!

Today is my son's 8th birthday and we will be having a home party for him in a Star Wars theme!

When I first started IP, I had planned to be completely done with all four phases by today. The goal was to enjoy his birhtday and all the treats that go along with the day. Well, it's been slower than expected, I am not done, and for that, I am thankful now. It's been an amazing journey so far and I have learned a lot about myself. I have seen many unpleasant symptoms that I had learned to "just live with" go away and food no longer has the same hold on me, or even the same appeal that it once had. I am also realizing that I may never be able to eat that way ever again, even when my dieting is "done". I have mourned it and I think I may have come to terms with it, even though I still have my moments from time to time.

I am happy today! I am looking forward to my son's Star Wars party today and I am okay with staying OP today. It may be a little difficult but I really don't expect it to be too bad. The last time I had "kid party food", I was sick during his party... I had to stop a game halfway through and get someone else to replace me while I ran back and forth the washroom (that was highly in demand that day). This is one party where I will be healthy and energetic! I was able to actually fit into a Star Wars Yoda T-shirt (Yoda with sun glasses and the star wars logo in pink on an army green Tee) from a store that is obviously geared to the younger crowd (it was on sale for very inexpensve). Yeah, it's an XL from that store but I can actually wear it proudly and be that "cool mom" (or just a nerd or geek, whatever!), organzing games and playing with the kids at the party! I really am a big kid at heart! I don't need food to make me happy today, it is just fuel for my body and I can still have fun today!

Today, the sun will be shining, we can have the party outdoors with lots of people coming over. My son will hopefully have a magical day with lots of surprises, games and a great big present from mom & dad! What can be better?!?!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-04-2011 at 05:18 AM.
Closed Thread