Old 06-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #16  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
This is the perfect answer to that question. Thank you so much, I'm out of the RTD and was wondering the same thing, and you get 4 for the price of 1 1/2.
Now, if only there was a target in my town.
do you use any one the ff syrups in yours?
Mary
I'm not a flavored coffee person... so I just like the vanilla as a substitue for milk. Sometimes I add a little cinnamon if I'm feeling daring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbmr06 View Post
I also use these in my coffee. They are 4 for $5.99 at Target. They are also available at GNC and (I've heard) Walmart. I like that they are resealable. They also seem to mix better, in coffee, than the IP RTD's (no "sludge" in the bottom of the cup)! And, as you said, they last all week because it's a 12 ounce can.
MAMARIX -- check out these other options. I wish netrition carried these ones. They carry the "big ones" that are more calories and come in cans. Boo, hiss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
I never, ever thought I would say this, because I used to have so much cream and sugar in my coffees that I would count them as a meal! But, it actually doesn't take THAT long to get used to drinking coffee black.
Believe you me, I have tried this. I just can't do it. I don't know exactly why. When I think of black coffee, I think of desperate journalists huddled in an office trying to get the morning paper to press on time. It's just not something that brings me any pleasure at all.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 06-04-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
When I think of black coffee, I think of desperate journalists huddled in an office trying to get the morning paper to press on time. It's just not something that brings me any pleasure at all.
BWAHAHAHAHA...I feel the same way! My BFF said to me, as we're walking out of Nordstroms, "I love clothes, I think I'll star smoking & drinking black coffee so I can lose some weight." to which I replied, "Okay, you'll be standing out here by the trash can smoking and I'll be inside grabbing all the good stuff." I always think of that conversation when I try to drink coffee black!
blkbmr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
BWAHAHAHAHA...I feel the same way! My BFF said to me, as we're walking out of Nordstroms, "I love clothes, I think I'll star smoking & drinking black coffee so I can lose some weight." to which I replied, "Okay, you'll be standing out here by the trash can smoking and I'll be inside grabbing all the good stuff." I always think of that conversation when I try to drink coffee black!
Love that!
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

I have to say, I've gotten so used to having vanilla RTD in my coffee that I can really see never going back to cream & sugar/sweetener. This is coming from a SERIOUS coffee drinker who would give up food before coffee! (which I guess is what I've done! )
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:45 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
I have to say, I've gotten so used to having vanilla RTD in my coffee that I can really see never going back to cream & sugar/sweetener. This is coming from a SERIOUS coffee drinker who would give up food before coffee! (which I guess is what I've done! )
I never thought I'd give up my Venti Lattes! Starbucks is probably seriously missing my daily contribution!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:53 PM   #21  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Go to Starbucks (or similar coffee house). Order two shots of espresso over ice in a venti (20oz) cup. Add a little stevia and one rtd ip vanilla drink. I live on these!
Figgypudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:59 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgypudding View Post
Go to Starbucks (or similar coffee house). Order two shots of espresso over ice in a venti (20oz) cup. Add a little stevia and one rtd ip vanilla drink. I live on these!
Thanks, going to do just that on Tuesday. I'm meeting a friend that I haven't seen for 2 months. Our typical get togethers were always over coffee at the local Starbucks. Whoever gets there first always oders. I'll just go a few minutes early and order so I don't freak her out, LOL. She'll never know we're not having the same Venti Latte
Old 06-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

I have also been surprised that I can now drink coffee with just 1 oz. of milk (per plan) and one vanilla flavored Splenda, which smells like a really, really off-plan sugary sweet treat! I used to be a venti iced skinny vanilla latte girl... which can hardly be called coffee.
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 293/248/199

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
Isn't sweet and low saccharine? I just wanted to check in case you are accidently having a no-no. (I'm in no way the ip food police, please don't be offended)
Just an FYI - I emailed my coach to double-check and her response about sweeetener was:

Yes, sweet n' low is allowed..any sweetner is allowed. Just as an fyi, sweet n' low istheir least favorite sweetner because of what's in it. If it's the only one you prefer, that's ok,
I just wouldn't over do it with it. 2 a day should be fine.

I would suggest trying Stevia or Truvia (those are the natural sweetners). And again, if sweet n' low is the only one you prefer, that's fine.
erin11585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:00 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
May I suggest the Vanilla Pure Protein RTD from Target. They are about $8 for 4, and they come in metal bottles that have a resealable lid. One lasts me about a week for my coffee... similar to IP Vanilla RTD, but is resealable.
I ran out of the IP vanilla RTD for my iced coffee and tried the EAS vanilla, not as good as IP! You get 3 more oz, but you have to add the SF syrup or it's not drinkable. Of course you get 4 for the price of 1. I have 3 left, so I guess I'll have to use them, but I'll need to dress them up.
mamarix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #26  

Quote:
I ran out of the IP vanilla RTD for my iced coffee and tried the EAS vanilla, not as good as IP! You get 3 more oz, but you have to add the SF syrup or it's not drinkable. Of course you get 4 for the price of 1. I have 3 left, so I guess I'll have to use them, but I'll need to dress them up.
The Pure Protein is almost identical in flavor.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
The Pure Protein is almost identical in flavor.
To the EAS or to the IP? They didn't have Pure Protein in my little town (except for the powder). I have to drive to Texas to pick some up. thanks, I'll give it a try.
mamarix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:47 PM   #28  

Quote:
To the EAS or to the IP? They didn't have Pure Protein in my little town (except for the powder). I have to drive to Texas to pick some up. thanks, I'll give it a try.
To the IP. It's a 12oz, resealable can. $5.99 at Target. (4 Pack)
Old 09-15-2015, 04:40 PM   #29  

Default Week 1 of using Alternative IP products

Week 1 is complete. I was super excited when, by Day 5, I had lost 7lbs!! However, I haven't lost anything since. I have a protein shake for breakfast, a shake + 2 cups veggies (cooked in a little oil w/ salt) then either a protein bar (restricted) in the afternoon or evening for a snack and 5-8oz protein (fish, beef, chicken) + salad or cooked veggies. I drink my water, take my vitamins, and walk approx. 30 minutes. Honestly, I cant think of anything I am doing off course unless my veggies should not be cooked (only mentions onions). Any advise? Might be that my body is getting used to this. I am not ready to give up which is good.
bmccluskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:59 PM   #30  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccluskey View Post
Week 1 is complete. I was super excited when, by Day 5, I had lost 7lbs!! However, I haven't lost anything since. I have a protein shake for breakfast, a shake + 2 cups veggies (cooked in a little oil w/ salt) then either a protein bar (restricted) in the afternoon or evening for a snack and 5-8oz protein (fish, beef, chicken) + salad or cooked veggies. I drink my water, take my vitamins, and walk approx. 30 minutes. Honestly, I cant think of anything I am doing off course unless my veggies should not be cooked (only mentions onions). Any advise? Might be that my body is getting used to this. I am not ready to give up which is good.
It's normal for our weight to fluctuate, day to day, or even not budge for a few days, depending on how much water we've had, bowl movements, time of the month, and other issues. Try not to stress too much if the scale doesn't move much over the course of a few days. Some weeks you might not lose pounds, but decrease in inches. And sometimes you lose neither, but a week or two later have a big loss.

I did notice that you mentioned that your dinner is protein and salad OR veggies. You should always be eating veggies with your dinner. The salad is optional (and encouraged, for fiber), but you need to always get 4 cups of non-lettuce veggies in, every day.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote