Old 05-30-2011, 08:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Default IP Daily Chat Monday May 30

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- Introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
IP = Ideal Protein
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = On program

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: click here
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Morning everyone!

How was everyone's weekend?

Mine was super busy as usual and I'm just getting ready to head out to the spa for an hour and a half of HEAVEN. Every few months I try to treat myself to a spa day and today I've booked my favourite: a 90 minute maple syrup and brown sugar wrap It's seriously to die for and it'll be interesting to see if my masseuse will notice a difference in me (especially cause I don't wear a whole heck of a lot for the treatment LOL).

Anyhow, here's a quick pic of my daughter and I from the shower yesterday. Can't even tell you how amazing it felt to be so comfortable in my own body for once, even though I've still got a long way to go

Have a great OP day everyone!
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:46 AM   #3  
LOX
Lisa

S/C/G: 150/130/115

Height: 5' 3"

Talking

You look beautiful!...and love the hair!!

Can I ask where you are spahhhhing, that wrap sounds interesting!

Lisa
LOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone!!

ontariophotogal : congrats on the weight loss!! you look amazing! and thanks for starting the daily chat!

Today I am now on day 3 and I feel great except for the fact that I have a bad cold since Friday and still sick this morning. But IP speaking...I am not as hungry as I was the first time around I started, I am trying new recipes and it is not as difficult (which is FANTASTIC...I am SO encouraged!!!). I went and got some groceries yesterday and was not tempted by all the food…it feels nice having a sense of control…something I did not have in quite some time! So being sick all weekend might explain why I did not feel the energy loss as well as the headaches caused by IP...it was all mixed together!! Haha!

I also took some before pictures for the first time! 360 degrees...and I have been looking at them on my phone the whole weekend and geez...there was some denial going on LOL Not anymore MISSY!!!

I don’t know if some of you are able to help me find a recipe I have been looking for for a long time. I found it on the IP Recipes sticky but could not find the recipe. It is called: “Big Mac in a bowl”. If someone could help me find it that would be AWESOME!!

I wish all of you a great day on IP...you are worth it!!!
CutieEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

found this one...hope it helps! I use dehydrated onions myself it's a great simple meal

BIG MAC (no cheese) IN A BOWL

• 1/2 pound raw ground beef, about 5 1/2 ounces cooked weight or 153 grams cooked *

• Salt and pepper, to taste

• 1 teaspoon minced dry onions

• 46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces

• 2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing

• 1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded

Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper.. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.

(I should note that I used fresh onions instead of dry)
GailMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/189/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Morning everyone!

Mine was super busy as usual and I'm just getting ready to head out to the spa for an hour and a half of HEAVEN. Every few months I try to treat myself to a spa day and today I've booked my favourite: a 90 minute maple syrup and brown sugar wrap It's seriously to die for and it'll be interesting to see if my masseuse will notice a difference in me (especially cause I don't wear a whole heck of a lot for the treatment LOL).

Anyhow, here's a quick pic of my daughter and I from the shower yesterday. Can't even tell you how amazing it felt to be so comfortable in my own body for once, even though I've still got a long way to go

You and your daughter are soooo pretty, keep up the great work on IP!
cartwheelmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default Another 4lbs gone!

Good morning everyone! Just a quick update from me. I had WI #7 on Friday and have lost another 4lbs!
We spent the weekend in Tofino, where my family participated in the Food and Wine Festival. I had worried about it all last week, thinking that I might not be able to avoid temptation. I'm happy to say, I was not tempted...I just wasn't interested in trying anything...I stayed OP and had absolutely no cravings.
I've decided to treat myself when I get to 160...Thanks for the Spa idea, Stacey! I was thinking of getting a hair cut and color...but I think I prefer the idea of a body wrap, sounds like the perfect way to pamper yourself.
Here's hoping that everyone has a great OP week!!
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Monday everyone!

It's a new week, a new slate, a new chance to have the best IP week ever!

Congrats to those starting off their week with NSVs and great WIs!

I had a (good) problem this morning: it's getting harder and harder to get dressed in the morning. I am going to need to go clothes shopping soon. Maybe I'll trade in some Airmiles for some gift certificates! I was saving them for other stuff but...

Last week, I bought 3 pairs of capris that fit perfectly (from Costco). Yesterday, they were so big I could put a whole fist in the waist with them... so I brought them back. I was able to exhange one pair - they didn't have my size in the other two, so I got my money back. Two weeks ago, I bought a skirt & blazer suit for work that was too tight figuring I would fit into it by summer but today, I was floating in the skirt, so I need to bring it back too. What a wonderful surprise!!! Today, I am wearing a skirt from around the time when I got married (almost 9 years ago)!

I am so very happy with IP!

Quote:
Morning everyone!

You look wonderful and I love your outfit!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-30-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
found this one...hope it helps! I use dehydrated onions myself it's a great simple meal
YAY thank you so much can't wait to try it!!! How did you like it..does it have a similar taste? I am not a big fan of WF dressings or the sauces except for the jams! I bought a couple and they are all in the fridge and not being used =/
CutieEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #10  
Start: 4-20-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by anteej9 View Post
When friends tell you how awesome you look, drop the "I still have more to go" crap. You worked hard and you deserve the compliment! ~Jillian Michaels

I LOVE this quote!!!
I love this, too! Why can't we just say... "Thank you!"
BROWNEYES47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #11  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
Good morning everyone! Just a quick update from me. I had WI #7 on Friday and have lost another 4lbs!
We spent the weekend in Tofino, where my family participated in the Food and Wine Festival. I had worried about it all last week, thinking that I might not be able to avoid temptation. I'm happy to say, I was not tempted...I just wasn't interested in trying anything...I stayed OP and had absolutely no cravings.
I've decided to treat myself when I get to 160...Thanks for the Spa idea, Stacey! I was thinking of getting a hair cut and color...but I think I prefer the idea of a body wrap, sounds like the perfect way to pamper yourself.
Here's hoping that everyone has a great OP week!!
Congrats on your loss that is great, 4lbs is a good amount. I treat myself at mini goals so got my hair cut then... Have a great day.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:07 AM   #12  

Quote:
Morning everyone!

What a lovely picture! Thank you so much for sharing! You both look fabulous!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:09 AM   #13  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Stacy - you look great!

Everyone -- here's to staying strong during all those Mem Day BBQs... I have my WI at 5:30pm today, so that should keep me honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I say for the hair dilema, try something different with color, you'll love that as a change. i'm a hairdresser and that will usually give you a great lift. even be daring a bit too. i just colored mine and i always put blonde highlight in and this time i went with a brownish red color with caramel colored streaks. i love it! it makes it fun, and with all the changes in our bodies right now a new look feels really good. post a pic after you get it done.
Here is a photo of the new "do"... I just went for it. We kept the layers pretty long, but I wanted my hair to frame my face more and I definitely wanted to get rid of the giant forehead... I pinned it up yesterday in a hair clip and I can wear it up... The bangs fall down, but it actually looks pretty.

As for color, we decided that I don't need highlights right now since we're headed into summer and my hair does crazy highlighty things all on it's own... (see photo). I think I will focus on maintaining the non-brassyness during the summer with the blue shampoo that they recommended. I will also go get a toner done half-way through the summer to stop the gold/brass tones from creeping back.

As for the photo, my hubby has a fantastic camera and he's working on taking better portraits. It's all about finding people's good angles, and helping them pose to bring those out. So, we had an impromptu photo shoot in the front yard and here is one of the pics he got... Could that be me?

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 05-30-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Monday everyone!

Last week, I bought 3 pairs of capris that fit perfectly (from Costco). Yesterday, they were so big I could put a whole fist in the waist with them... so I brought them back. I was able to exhange one pair - they didn't have my size in the other two, so I got my money back. Two weeks ago, I bought a skirt & blazer suit for work that was too tight figuring I would fit into it by summer but today, I was floating in the skirt, so I need to bring it back too. What a wonderful surprise!!! Today, I am wearing a skirt from around the time when I got married (almost 9 years ago)!

I am so very happy with IP!
What a wonderful situation to find yourself in! Congratulations! I'm so very proud of you! This is wonderful news! You've renewed my determination to keep pressing on. It's difficult sometimes when one has so much weight to lose. I know... patience... I'm such an impatient one. Instead of long range or mid range goals, I am finding more success with shorter goals.... like losing 10 pounds. Last week's goal was to get into the 60s. Although my weekly weigh in isn't until tomorrow, I did cheat and got on the scale this morning. I hit my mark and am at the 69 mark-- just barely into the 60's, but it counts, nevertheless. Oh happy days! Next week I have an appointment with one of my doctors whom I haven't seen in 3months. Since my last visit I am looking forward to having lost 20+ pounds. Won't she be surprised!

It's like the little engine that could.... "I think I can; I think I can; I think I can. I KNOW I can!"
Old 05-30-2011, 10:18 AM   #15  

[QUOTE=Pxlkitty4;3870127]Stacy Here is a photo of the new "do"... I just went for it. We kept the layers pretty long, but I wanted my hair to frame my face more and I definitely wanted to get rid of the giant forehead... I pinned it up yesterday in a hair clip and I can wear it up... The bangs fall down, but it actually looks pretty.
QUOTE]

This is a lovely photo of you! Keep up the wonderful work. You are beautiful--inside and out!