Old 05-30-2011, 10:24 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 283/235/190

Height: 5'11

Hi All. I haven't been online in a couple weeks; life has been very busy. I have missed the support here and it has made staying on the diet tougher (although I managed not to cheat.)

I had WI #5 on Saturday and was down 5 lbs for a total loss of somewhere around 33 lbs.
sjdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:27 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Morning everyone!

How was everyone's weekend?

Mine was super busy as usual and I'm just getting ready to head out to the spa for an hour and a half of HEAVEN. Every few months I try to treat myself to a spa day and today I've booked my favourite: a 90 minute maple syrup and brown sugar wrap It's seriously to die for and it'll be interesting to see if my masseuse will notice a difference in me (especially cause I don't wear a whole heck of a lot for the treatment LOL).

Anyhow, here's a quick pic of my daughter and I from the shower yesterday. Can't even tell you how amazing it felt to be so comfortable in my own body for once, even though I've still got a long way to go

Have a great OP day everyone!
Beautiful photo, Stacy! You do just look so happy, and comfortable in your body. Great outfit, especially love the belt!
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #18  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Monday everyone!

It's a new week, a new slate, a new chance to have the best IP week ever!

Congrats to those starting off their week with NSVs and great WIs!

I had a (good) problem this morning: it's getting harder and harder to get dressed in the morning. I am going to need to go clothes shopping soon. Maybe I'll trade in some Airmiles for some gift certificates! I was saving them for other stuff but...

Last week, I bought 3 pairs of capris that fit perfectly (from Costco). Yesterday, they were so big I could put a whole fist in the waist with them... so I brought them back. I was able to exhange one pair - they didn't have my size in the other two, so I got my money back. Two weeks ago, I bought a skirt & blazer suit for work that was too tight figuring I would fit into it by summer but today, I was floating in the skirt, so I need to bring it back too. What a wonderful surprise!!! Today, I am wearing a skirt from around the time when I got married (almost 9 years ago)!

I am so very happy with IP!
YAY! I am SO happy for you. I actually traded in some Amtrak points for a Macy's gift card... I spent some of it yesterday on some really nice self tanner and sunscreen (Clarins) that I would never buy with my own $$$... It felt good, and I decided that I need better sunscreen since I will be spending more time scantily clad in the sun. I say "go for it'!

Congrats also on having to take clothes back and fitting into clothes from 9 years ago. Sounds like it's time for a closet cleaning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
Instead of long range or mid range goals, I am finding more success with shorter goals.... like losing 10 pounds. Last week's goal was to get into the 60s. Although my weekly weigh in isn't until tomorrow, I did cheat and got on the scale this morning. I hit my mark and am at the 69 mark-- just barely into the 60's, but it counts, nevertheless. Oh happy days! Next week I have an appointment with one of my doctors whom I haven't seen in 3months. Since my last visit I am looking forward to having lost 20+ pounds. Won't she be surprised!

It's like the little engine that could.... "I think I can; I think I can; I think I can. I KNOW I can!"
I know you can! Keep up the great work. I know that the weeks sometimes seem to drag on by, but then the pounds somehow magically add up over a few weeks and there is a "whoosh"... either weight, or inches, or both. Let us know how your doctor appt goes. I remember a few people saying that this is a marathon, not a race. Sometimes it helps me to think of it that way... I am learning good habits for a lifetime of healthy living going forward. I agree with you that focusing on mini-goals is a great way to do this. I had to edit some of mine because of the signature length restriction, but I like writing them down so that I can see how far I've come...

Quote:
This is a lovely photo of you! Keep up the wonderful work. You are beautiful--inside and out!
Aw, thank you. Your posts always make me smile. Thanks for your kind words...
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:37 AM   #19  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Morning everyone!

How was everyone's weekend?

Mine was super busy as usual and I'm just getting ready to head out to the spa for an hour and a half of HEAVEN. Every few months I try to treat myself to a spa day and today I've booked my favourite: a 90 minute maple syrup and brown sugar wrap It's seriously to die for and it'll be interesting to see if my masseuse will notice a difference in me (especially cause I don't wear a whole heck of a lot for the treatment LOL).

Anyhow, here's a quick pic of my daughter and I from the shower yesterday. Can't even tell you how amazing it felt to be so comfortable in my own body for once, even though I've still got a long way to go

Have a great OP day everyone!
WOW Stacy!! You are gorgeous!!! Looking good you hot momma!!!

You should be proud of yourself, I sure am! WTG, and keep up the great work!!
JoAnne9597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:43 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Monday everyone!

It's a new week, a new slate, a new chance to have the best IP week ever!

Congrats to those starting off their week with NSVs and great WIs!

I had a (good) problem this morning: it's getting harder and harder to get dressed in the morning. I am going to need to go clothes shopping soon. Maybe I'll trade in some Airmiles for some gift certificates! I was saving them for other stuff but...

Last week, I bought 3 pairs of capris that fit perfectly (from Costco). Yesterday, they were so big I could put a whole fist in the waist with them... so I brought them back. I was able to exhange one pair - they didn't have my size in the other two, so I got my money back. Two weeks ago, I bought a skirt & blazer suit for work that was too tight figuring I would fit into it by summer but today, I was floating in the skirt, so I need to bring it back too. What a wonderful surprise!!! Today, I am wearing a skirt from around the time when I got married (almost 9 years ago)!

I am so very happy with IP!

You look wonderful and I love your outfit!
WOW Susie!! That is great NSV. Way to go!! You must have been surprisingly happy? I would have been. You're such an inspiration!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Stacy - you look great!

Everyone -- here's to staying strong during all those Mem Day BBQs... I have my WI at 5:30pm today, so that should keep me honest.

Here is a photo of the new "do"... I just went for it. We kept the layers pretty long, but I wanted my hair to frame my face more and I definitely wanted to get rid of the giant forehead... I pinned it up yesterday in a hair clip and I can wear it up... The bangs fall down, but it actually looks pretty.

As for color, we decided that I don't need highlights right now since we're headed into summer and my hair does crazy highlighty things all on it's own... (see photo). I think I will focus on maintaining the non-brassyness during the summer with the blue shampoo that they recommended. I will also go get a toner done half-way through the summer to stop the gold/brass tones from creeping back.

As for the photo, my hubby has a fantastic camera and he's working on taking better portraits. It's all about finding people's good angles, and helping them pose to bring those out. So, we had an impromptu photo shoot in the front yard and here is one of the pics he got... Could that be me?

LOVE IT...LOVE IT...LOVE IT!!! It looks really good, you look amazing!!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:54 AM   #22  

Morning all!! Hope you all had a great weekend! I sure did and looking forward to my next WI on wednesday. I'm feeling good but not sure what the scale will tell me, I'm staying positive. Got some painting done outside and plan on doing some more today before we get hit with more rain.

I have a question. I've been eating subway roasted chicken salads. I'm just curious, are we allowed to have HOT PEPPERS? And what about the chicken that they serve. It's a chicken breast as they call it. But I'm not too sure if it's actually chicken or processed. Can anyone clarify? Thanks!
Old 05-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #23  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Monday- and Happy Memorial Day to all of those in the U.S.

I'm having a pretty good week. WI in 2 days. I am bloated as all heck- not sure why. The scale isn't moving today as a result- oh well! Today I'm committing to getting all my supplements in at the right times- and extra water too!

I hope everyone has a fabulous day.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #24  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
What a wonderful situation to find yourself in! Congratulations! I'm so very proud of you! This is wonderful news! You've renewed my determination to keep pressing on. It's difficult sometimes when one has so much weight to lose. I know... patience... I'm such an impatient one. Instead of long range or mid range goals, I am finding more success with shorter goals.... like losing 10 pounds. Last week's goal was to get into the 60s. Although my weekly weigh in isn't until tomorrow, I did cheat and got on the scale this morning. I hit my mark and am at the 69 mark-- just barely into the 60's, but it counts, nevertheless. Oh happy days! Next week I have an appointment with one of my doctors whom I haven't seen in 3months. Since my last visit I am looking forward to having lost 20+ pounds. Won't she be surprised!

It's like the little engine that could.... "I think I can; I think I can; I think I can. I KNOW I can!"
you are doing great, small goals are important, sometimes it is a day to day goal sometimes a minute by minute goal. I think your doctor will be thrilled.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #25  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post

I'm having a pretty good week. WI in 2 days. I am bloated as all heck- not sure why. The scale isn't moving today as a result- oh well! Today I'm committing to getting all my supplements in at the right times- and extra water too!

don't know why but when I eat a lot of pork I get bloaty... keep going you are doing great.

SusieB - congrats that is a great NSV
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 283/235/190

Height: 5'11

I'm looking forward to a disneyland trip in 2 weeks. The 30 lbs I have lost (hopefully closer to 40 by the time I leave) will make the trip much more enjoyable. Hopefully I won't blow all the effort by eating everything in sight on my vacation. Walking 6-7 miles a day in the park should help keep things in balance.

My trip is the one thing that finally gave me the push to try IP. My sister used it a year ago with great results. I just didn't want to go to Disneyland worrying about fitting into plane and ride seats. I wanted to just go and have fun with my kids.

Now I am feeling strong and motivated. I will be taking a break during my vacation but will be back on IP right afterwards. (I'll probably do a phase 2 or 3 type program while on my vacation)
sjdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #27  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Ontariophotogal- LOVE that dress!!! You look fabulous in it

Pxlkitty- Your hair looks fantastic, and your hubby took a great photo! You look beautiful...and I love the light in your hair

week 5 down for me today..and onto week 6!

Have a great OP day everyone! And those going to barbeques today...You are worth more then whatever food happens to call you that is not OP!
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #28  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post

I have my WI today and I feel all bloaty too... not expecting much of a scale drop today. I am going to ask my coach to do measurements, though.. Hoping that I've seen some progress on the hips, since I'm fitting into smaller pants. Have you been eating things that are higher in sodium? I think that's what does it to me. Also, I think we need more hydration once the weather warms up. I know that I didn't drink enough water yesterday considing I was outside gardening for most of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
don't know why but when I eat a lot of pork I get bloaty...
For me I think it's the steak with soy-based marinade and salty(=yum!) seasoning. I've been eating a lot of steak lately because I'm SO sick of chicken (allergic to most seafood), and it's easy to grill. I think it's time to bite it and go back to chicken.

BTW, I LOVE you with shorter hair. It lightens up your whole expression. I think you could probably wear it up with a grabby hair clip, even it if doesn't pull back into a pony tail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdawg View Post
I'm looking forward to a disneyland trip in 2 weeks. The 30 lbs I have lost (hopefully closer to 40 by the time I leave) will make the trip much more enjoyable. Hopefully I won't blow all the effort by eating everything in sight on my vacation. Walking 6-7 miles a day in the park should help keep things in balance.

My trip is the one thing that finally gave me the push to try IP. My sister used it a year ago with great results. I just didn't want to go to Disneyland worrying about fitting into plane and ride seats. I wanted to just go and have fun with my kids.

Now I am feeling strong and motivated. I will be taking a break during my vacation but will be back on IP right afterwards. (I'll probably do a phase 2 or 3 type program while on my vacation)
I have not taken a break from the program at all, but have read many posts from people who have. In my humble opinion, I suggest that that you move to Phase 2 during your vacation. From what I have read, it's really difficult to get back on program once you have strayed... our bodies don't like being kicked in and out of ketosis. Just make sure that you are getting enough calories for all the extra walking that you will be doing. And make sure to stay hydrated and take your supplements. Have fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Pxlkitty- Your hair looks fantastic, and your hubby took a great photo! You look beautiful...and I love the light in your hair

week 5 down for me today..and onto week 6!

Have a great OP day everyone! And those going to barbeques today...You are worth more then whatever food happens to call you that is not OP!
Thanks! Those weeks were tough for me. I think it was the beginning of the end of the honeymoon phase. Stick with it! Make sure to focus on what you have accomplished, and make sure to reward yourself for all that you have done. I got depressed and kept thinking about how much more I had to go. Sometimes it's good to look forward, but those few weeks I really had to either look back or think about how good I felt at the moment. Wishing you all the best! You have done such a great job so far... congratulations!

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 05-30-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:52 PM   #29  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Stacy, you are gorgeous. Can you be my fashion stylist? Your outfit is fab!

Whoever posted that Jillian Michaels quote, thank you. I am the worst at "still have __ to go!!" What happened to a big "thanks"? We've worked hard and deserve to relish the moment.

I just had a good friend leave my house 5 minutes ago with 4 (FOUR!!) black trashbags full of size 14-16-18 clothes. She had weight loss surgery and is just moving in to size 18 and is in desperate need of clothes. It felt like I was shedding so many layers. I'm done yo-yoing through those 3 sizes. I'm firmly in a 12 and some 10s and I'm not going back. Honestly, it was hard to see those clothes go but I feel lighter already.

NSV for me from this weekend: my brother plays in a local band and I was hit on at his concert. I literally had no idea what was happening until mid way through the conversations. It was hilarious and flattering.

Today I'm celebrating my 8 year anniversary and we are doing a movie instead of dinner. Who says you need to celebrate with food??

Lastly, I am obsessed with being in the 170s by tomorrow's weigh in. It's been my goal for weeks. This morning, the scale said 180.0. Seriously? I think tomorrow's goal may be reached!! Woo hoo! I love IP.
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
YAY thank you so much can't wait to try it!!! How did you like it..does it have a similar taste? I am not a big fan of WF dressings or the sauces except for the jams! I bought a couple and they are all in the fridge and not being used =/
It's hard to explain how yummy this is, it tastes just like a big mac! I made mine with the WF Thousand Island and honestly it doesn't make a difference in the big mac bowl. I don't use the WF TI dressing on anything else so at least I'm using it up. I will probably buy more when I run out just to make this bowl.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote