Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #16  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all, I am on week 16 now don't have my WI 15 until monday but the way my scale has been going I am not too hopeful. Don't know what that is about but... I think it might be I tried having a little extra slice of ham when I am hungry, will try not to do that for the weekend and hopefully I will have lost instead of gained like my scale is saying... I thought this week as I am suppose to wi on thursday I would come home and do it myself... I am throwing that thing away, besides the cat is taking up too much room in my bathroom she will soon be sleeping on the scale.
I think I am still having food issues as I want to eat everything when I have extra veggies cooked and I know I am full but the urge to nibble here and there are getting me in trouble. Have a new picture I am going to try to add today see what you all think of my new hair!

Have a great weekend and my US friends have a great Memorial Day weekend.

MAMARIX you are just too funny, you keep me entertained...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Last night I did the hottie body class...wow my body is saying to me today...
are you serious I'm staying in bed...but time to get up and motivated...

My clinic has gotten push back for the Grand Opening a week..Contractor
problems..so I've got to contact everyone today and let them know..Its so upsetting..I'm as ready as they are...So official opening will be June 8th...Wed...
I'll be dancing like my little carrot friend

Everyone have a great weekend..remember stay on program tuesday you will be glad you did..and be inventive..have the turnip fries..yummy one of my favorites..or make the most beautiful salad you can ...be creative with the foods you eat and it can be soooo fun...also have some decaf raspberry tea it makes your tounge happy...plus move that body....

:wo ops:
You always have such great advise. Good thing you are a coach!!! I made it through Canada's longweekend last weekend you all can do it this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I plan on getting a haircut Saturday, and am a little torn about what to do with my hair. I want to grow it out a little, but I also want some additional layers so that it feels less "flat", especially when I go to the trouble of styling it. I have really fine hair, so I can't grow it too long... But, here's the thing. Since losing weight, I want to clip it up more. With summer a few days away, I think I will want to do this much more often. I'm worried that I will be annoyed if the layers prevent me from wearing it up because my hair falls out of the clip. Oh well... I will discuss with hairstylist tomorrow. Just venting about the petty thing in my head right now.
I had longer hair and cut it short last weekend, wasn't thinking either got it in layers but that isn't the problem as it is to short to put up now, but in our wind I should have known better the front has long pieces and they so get into my eyes... and too short to put up so... have to live with it or look like a goof with a headband... have a great weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
Morning!! Well last night was a my first test of cheating. My daughter who is 8 years old is in Girl Guides well she's in a level below so it's called Brownies (first hint..lol). Well it was their advancement party last night. It's kinda like a graduation. She will become a girl guide next year for the next four years. It was a tea and desert theme. So of course in the end, they invited everybody for desert, coffee, tea and juice. All parents had to bring in a desert. There was no way I was gonna start baking yesterday so I just went to the grocery store and bought a mixture of everything. When I got home I opened the container and smelled all the chocolate. I was tempted but thought to myself no way, I've come a long way already and don't want to ruin it. But then when my DD and DH sat beside me at the celebration with 2 plates full of desert, let me tell you I was NOT impressed with them. I know it's not their fault. But in a way I was mad. My DH saw that I wasn't happy and turned away from me to eat quickly. DD had a plate full, probably like 8-10 little deserts. I told DH as if you let her have that much. He was like well it's your night. Yeah but it's now 8pm and she'll be bouncing off the walls in no time. WHATEVER I said! I told him he didn't have to turn away as everybody around me was eating the desert. So let's just say this was the first time I was tempted but I'm so proud of myself for not having any. I brought myself and bottle of water and had that. And when I got home I had my last packet with a few veggies. And I was satisfied. Proud of myself.

Judogirl: How do you make the turnip fries?

And another question! My coach told me that we're not allowed to eat after 8pm. Is that true and why? I return to work after being off for a year on maternity leave at the end of June. I work shift work, nights, days and weekends. When working nights, I will be eating at night and obviously sleeping during the day. I'm just wondering how this will all work out. Does anybody have answers or have gone through this yet?
Good for you, and you can make it through anything. Turnip fries are in the recipe links, They do say not to eat after 8pm, but I think it also said in the forum here that as long as you eat about 2 hours before you go to sleep you should be okay.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #17  
start IP Feb 8 2011

quick question, has anyone ever asked why we can't have olives?
Old 05-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Small NSV today. On my way to work I realized that there is much more room between me and the steering wheel!! haha I had to move the seat forward a bit and that made me so happy!! It's the little things right?
Old 05-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #19  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Default Wow!!!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST - You look FANTASTIC - what a difference, you don't even look like the same person - I bet co-workers, friends etc do a double take - you look 15 years younger - AHHHHHMAZING!!!! BTW the new hair cut suits the new you - LOVE IT

PXLKITTY4 - Look at how tiny you are - you look great!!! I think you should have full length mirrors all over your house - no need to fear them anymore Absolutely fantastic progress and a true inspiration to all of us. (these are the kinds of pictures that continue to motivate me and were a godsend when I started the program) Thank you for your willingness to share your journey with us.

Mrs. D - what can I say but HOLLY COW - unbelievable transformation. I have been inspired by you the entire time I have been on this program and have watched and celebrated from afar --you are STUNNING!!!! Congratulations to making it to phase 3 -- I hope to join you soon - and I hope you will continue to post and share- your experience and guidance are a true blessing to those of us following behind you. Congratulations and again WOW!!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
2lbs from ONEDERLAND! So close and just the motivation I need to be good this weekend as we are having a family wedding. Both kiddo's are part of the wedding! My plan is to be the Designated Driver...I am sure the family will think I am pregnant if I am not drinking...lol. Won't they be surprised in 9 months when I am a skinny chick instead of a giving birth!! Hope you all have a great weekend...need to go and roast my veggies and get prepared for the next couple of days with my IP!!!
Lovely! You are hilarious. I also volunteer to be the DD (last year could not drink due to first IP, then pain meds...) and no one generally says anything about it. I just drink water at happy hour or concerts. But I know some people think, hmmm she might be pregnant. You'll fool them all in 9 months by being a skinny chick.

Susie Bee - tell you beer buddy that you are the DD or that you're on medicine. I've been on allergy medicine for a long time and it doesn't really affect the drinking. You'll need a stronger excuse - give the vague medicine excuse and say that you'd rather not discuss what you're on. Or DD or you could always say you are trying for another child. LOL! About your planning for the picnic - you should be fine doing a pahse 1 type day even though you're on phase 2. It's not a big deal. I love hearing about your planning for success! Eat a bar and veggies if there's nothing else there to eat. It's great you dont need your allergy meds since starting IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I had longer hair and cut it short last weekend, wasn't thinking either got it in layers but that isn't the problem as it is to short to put up now, but in our wind I should have known better the front has long pieces and they so get into my eyes... and too short to put up so... have to live with it or look like a goof with a headband... have a great weekend.
You can wear a hat maybe? I like hats. Or a headband, they can be very chic if done right. Or silly if not, but... Oh well! This makes me not want to cut my hair. They always chop it off if I don't know what I want. My hair grows fast so it's back to really long in a year or less... But I'd rather just pull it up in the summer. It's too darn hot! I'm sure your hair looks great. Maybe you can get some cute clips or barrettes for the long bits? Can't wait to see your new picture!

Pxlkitty - you can boil your milk to re-pastuerize it if you are worried. I boil the milk when I make yogurt to ensure nothing else will grow along with the cultures. If you want to know how to make yogurt I'll post it, but I know you're on phase 1 (maybe your DH or toddler eat yogurt).

Happy to report that all phase 4 "bonus day" weight that I gained from my bf's birthday on Wed has gone away with 1 phase 1 day (yesterday). Happy dance! This really does work everyone! I seem to be maintaining at 134 but that's ok with me. The body will adjust itself to the weight it wants to be when you get to your goal (my coach told me this).
Old 05-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahecasmart View Post
Well, I did my first "official" weigh-in today. I'm doing IP with some alternative products. I "kinda" did it for about 4 days before "formally" starting last Friday. It's been a tough week, particularly with the long weekend thrown in, but I did it! And the results prove it.. I'm down 6.5 pounds!

DH started on Tuesday, and it is so much easier for me now that he and I are eating the same things and having his support is priceless.

Ladies, can I ask you to send out some prayers, or whatever good vibes you believe in? I work at a High School in Ottawa, and there was a terrible accident at one of our sister schools yesterday. An 18-year old student was working on a project in shop class when an oil tank exploded. He had no vital signs at the scene, was resucitated, and then passed away last night. The teacher, as well as a few other students were treated for non-life-threatening injuries. As you can imagine, it's been a devastating blow to the school and the community.

This is devastating news..My prayers are with all of you. God bless you all.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Well, I did my first "official" weigh-in today. I'm doing IP with some alternative products. I "kinda" did it for about 4 days before "formally" starting last Friday. It's been a tough week, particularly with the long weekend thrown in, but I did it! And the results prove it.. I'm down 6.5 pounds!

DH started on Tuesday, and it is so much easier for me now that he and I are eating the same things and having his support is priceless.

Ladies, can I ask you to send out some prayers, or whatever good vibes you believe in? I work at a High School in Ottawa, and there was a terrible accident at one of our sister schools yesterday. An 18-year old student was working on a project in shop class when an oil tank exploded. He had no vital signs at the scene, was resucitated, and then passed away last night. The teacher, as well as a few other students were treated for non-life-threatening injuries. As you can imagine, it's been a devastating blow to the school and the community.
Congratulations on the great WI!

The news about the student saddens me terribly.
Sending out lots of prayers for everyone affected by this tragedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
2lbs from ONEDERLAND! So close and just the motivation I need to be good this weekend as we are having a family wedding. Both kiddo's are part of the wedding! My plan is to be the Designated Driver...I am sure the family will think I am pregnant if I am not drinking...lol. Won't they be surprised in 9 months when I am a skinny chick instead of a giving birth!! Hope you all have a great weekend...need to go and roast my veggies and get prepared for the next couple of days with my IP!!!
How wonderful! Onderland, the wedding and your plan to not drink! Your post made me giggle! Thank you for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabearone View Post
Small NSV today. On my way to work I realized that there is much more room between me and the steering wheel!! haha I had to move the seat forward a bit and that made me so happy!! It's the little things right?
It's a wonderful quality to be able to appreciate the little things! Don't lose that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
Susie Bee - tell you beer buddy that you are the DD or that you're on medicine. I've been on allergy medicine for a long time and it doesn't really affect the drinking. You'll need a stronger excuse - give the vague medicine excuse and say that you'd rather not discuss what you're on. Or DD or you could always say you are trying for another child. LOL! About your planning for the picnic - you should be fine doing a pahse 1 type day even though you're on phase 2. It's not a big deal. I love hearing about your planning for success! Eat a bar and veggies if there's nothing else there to eat. It's great you dont need your allergy meds since starting IP.
Thank you for the advice! I will stick with the general medication excuse... it's safer! I like having a fool-proof excuse. I think we will be safer to leave out the other child excuse! DH would have a heart attack! We are definitely done for many many reasons that we both agree upon wholeheartedly! ...and IF I did said something like that and he got wind of it, he would definitely blow my cover with his reaction!

I will also bring a bar along (or some ridges or something) and I can do a phase I day if there is no plain protein out (like chicken or other meat).

I am ready! Bring it on!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-27-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #23  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Friday everyone!

Tomorrow, I am going to be seriously tested! My daughter has and end-of-year party at her daycare and all families are invited. She is very excited about it. It includes a pot luck lunch and we are all asked to bring something, then there are horse-and-carriage rides and a magic show. I am sure it is going to be fun! I have to figure out what I will do about lunch - maybe bring my own little lunch bag and hopefully it won't appear rude! Maybe I can explain that I have food allergies or something (but only if anyone says anything). One of the Administrators loves to sit and have a beer with me at such get-togethers... I'll have to tell him that I'm taking allergy medication or something to get out of it because if I say it's a diet, I know that he'll insist.

By the way, this reminds that I also haven't need ANY allergy medication since being on IP (I usually have really bad allergies around the month April)! Another benefit for me!

Anyays, I need to plan! plan! plan! Phase I would actually be easier for tomorrow because I could just have a bar and see if anyone brings veggies (or I could bring a salad and/or veggies as my potluck meal). I might still do that and just have a phase I day even though I am actually on phase II - could that be a problem?

Have a great OP weekend everyone!

Susie, you're being tested just like I was last evening. But I know you can make it through. Whatever excuses you have to give them, just do it. This is for you and you can get through it. Remember it's only 1 night and next thing you know it will just be a memory. And in the long run you will be happy and proud of yourself for staying OP. You can do it!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #24  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:

So sorry to hear about the accident. I had heard it on the news but didn't have any further information. My prayers and thoughts go to the boy and his family. That is such a terrible tragedy. I cannot imagine what the community is going through. My prayers are with you all.

On another note, congrats on your official first WI. WOOOHOOO!!! 6.5 lbs is great. Keep up the great work. And great for hubby too to tag along. It will be so much easier for both of you to do this together!
Old 05-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Default Getting the lowdown on IP today

Hi all,
First, thank God for this forum, it made it easy for me to decide that I want to do IP.

Second, I have my first visit with my consultant today and I [lan to start IP tomorrow. I'm nervous and scared [it is Memorial Day weekend afterall]. This time, though, I have the resolve and the exceptional stories of people on this forum to keep me going.

Thanks to you all!

Ann
Old 05-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #26  
start IP Feb 8 2011

My thoughts and prayers are with the community is Ottawa.

[QUOTE=CinnamonSparkles;3867081You can wear a hat maybe? I like hats. Or a headband, they can be very chic if done right. Or silly if not, but... Oh well! This makes me not want to cut my hair. They always chop it off if I don't know what I want. My hair grows fast so it's back to really long in a year or less... But I'd rather just pull it up in the summer. It's too darn hot! I'm sure your hair looks great. Maybe you can get some cute clips or barrettes for the long bits? Can't wait to see your new picture!

[/QUOTE] Thanks Cinnamon, you look great in hats, me I look kind of funny in a hat, I am thinking barrettes, but was told by someone yesterday don't you dare... well I dare and when your walking your dogs and picking up their you know what you want to see what you are doing. It actually was my idea on my hair style, a nice little bob that was my mini goal gift and it is so easy to take care of wash and wear. I have natural curl so when I get my hair cut short you can really notice.. will probably update avatar tonight as I am at work and they kind of monitor our internet access....

Have a great day everyone and those of you WI today you are all great.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

Had A Wi Today And I Lost 6lbs!!!!! Yay!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #28  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
congrats that is great news.. keep up the good work.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:08 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
Yay, Crystal! You are rocking this!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Life has finally settled down a little for me. I was traveling Mon-Wed, then yesterday was crazy mad. Today is a daycare training day (forced vacation day), so my 3.5 yr old and I are hanging out together and it should be a lovely, lazy day. I take nothing for granted these days... I am sitting with my coffee, he has my iPad *he thinks it's his*, and we are enjoying each other's company.

I plan on getting a haircut Saturday, and am a little torn about what to do with my hair. I want to grow it out a little, but I also want some additional layers so that it feels less "flat", especially when I go to the trouble of styling it. I have really fine hair, so I can't grow it too long... But, here's the thing. Since losing weight, I want to clip it up more. With summer a few days away, I think I will want to do this much more often. I'm worried that I will be annoyed if the layers prevent me from wearing it up because my hair falls out of the clip. Oh well... I will discuss with hairstylist tomorrow. Just venting about the petty thing in my head right now.

I hope everyone has a great Friday. I'm still catching up on posts, but here are some responses to yesterday's thread for now.

Congratulations. What a great feeling. I do hope that you are planning something nice (non-food) to celebrate.

I agree with everyone's comments re: cold and pregnant. This is definitely not a balanced diet (read Dr. Tran's book), and therefore should absolutely not be considered for anyone who is pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to conceive.

I am very sorry for your loss. Sounds like you handled the situation perfectly. Congratulations for staying OP under stress. Celebrate the victory that you were able to go for a walk and deal with the stress without cheating.

Thanks for the kind compliment. I too live in the DC area, and have enjoyed the thought of being "cold" - aka not dying in the heat of the summer. I guess we can both test that theory over the weekend here. I get milk delivered to my house, and they leave it in a cooler on my back deck. I haven't had to worry about putting ice in it since last summer, and I can normally get away with retrieving it after dinner. Well, I woke up this morning with a panic, realizing that we hadn't yet gotten the milk out of the cooler (it was delivered yesterday afternoon). I sure hope we didn't ruin it. It was still slightly "cold" to the touch this morning, but I fear the worst. Oh well... Live and learn. And set some additional calendar reminders next week!

Have a great weekend!

This looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing...

You are always so full of wisdom. Thank you for sharing. Also, I love, love, love your new avatar picture. What an amazing before/after shot. Congratulations on everything you have accomplished!
Beautiful photo, Pixlkitty! What a transformation!!
Closed Thread