Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #1  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Thursday May 26, Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- lintroduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - Wednesday 18th May 2011
Old 05-26-2011, 09:01 AM   #2  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Morning everyone and here's to a great OP day today... I am finally back from NYC. I was involved in the Acela delays yesterday, so I spent 6 hours on the train from NY to DC (instead of 3). I must admit I had a little bit of an anxiety attack and really wanted to get off the train. It is SO nice to be home.

I still need to catch up on all the posts from earlier in the week. That said, I weighed myself this morning and I am down to 167.0. YAY! I also had 4 packets most of the days that I was gone, since I was doing a lot of walking, was sitting with people in class who had access to unlimited snacks, etc.

On the train, we got stuck right at Philadelphia station. I mixed up an IP pina colada drink at 4:30 since I had my "lunch" packet around 11:30. I waited to see how long we were going to be. Once we had been stopped/delayed for more than an hour, I went to the cafe car and got a Chicken Caesar salad and a Perrier. At that point, it was 5pm. I ended up waiting until 5:30 and then ate the lettuce, chicken, and a tiny bit of the caesar dressing (it had barely any sugar).

I am about to upload a new profile picture, so let's hope I can pull that off before I have to start working. Update: yes, it worked!!

I hope everyone is doing well. Enjoy the great weather. We are planning to BBQ tonight and eat outside.

I'm now dressed -- in size 10 pants that were too tight a few weeks ago. They are now comfortable! I love this diet.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 05-26-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

GOOD MORNING to everyone on this site...

I just wanted to share that I made it to ONE-derland this morning and I am so thrilled!
The scale this morning read 199.6 (I weight at home as I have no coach) My official WI is on MONDAY, so I'm hoping for a smaller number by then. I hope never to see 200 again EVER!!!
I think I might just dance the day away!
Hope everyone has a safe and successful day!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #4  
Started IP May11/11

S/C/G: 165.9/143.9/135/sz4

Height: 5'3.5

Has anybody else noticed that they are cold after dropping the lbs and being on the diet? I can't seem to get warm?

Last question: has anybody done the diet while pregnant? I am not expecting, but I was just wondering what everyone else's thoughts were.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Height: 5'7"

I've been searching with no luck - someone recently posted how they liked to doctor the Walden Farm Mayonnaise to make it taste better. Does this ring a bell with anyone?
Old 05-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Hi, Yes I was very cold during weeks 3 and 4. I mentioned it to my coach and she said it was quite common...although she didn't explain why. I just attributed it to the fact that I was losing my natural insulation (fat). It does get better...one day you just notice that you don't feel so cold anymore.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post

I just wanted to share that I made it to ONE-derland this morning and I am so thrilled!
The scale this morning read 199.6 (I weight at home as I have no coach) My official WI is on MONDAY, so I'm hoping for a smaller number by then. I hope never to see 200 again EVER!!!
Congratulations!!! You must feel amazing! I can't wait to get there!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #8  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorae View Post
Has anybody else noticed that they are cold after dropping the lbs and being on the diet? I can't seem to get warm?

Last question: has anybody done the diet while pregnant? I am not expecting, but I was just wondering what everyone else's thoughts were.
Hi--

The cold thing is a side effect of the diet - some people experience this and some do not. I am in the category that is experiencing this side effect - which is a new feeling for me. Prior to IP I was the one voted "most likely to combust" For some this is a temporary side effect - for me it has been a constant since week 4. Honestly, this is a happy side effect given the muggy steamy hot DC summers - I look forward to being a bit "cooler"

I would absolutely NOT do this diet pregnant - first of all there is barely enough carbs and calories in the diet to keep our bodies functioning - there is certainly not enough to grow another human. I tend to be a food purist and was during pregnancy - in my opinion there are too many chemicals in IP products that I would not want to give a fetus. Also, there has been some controversy in recent news surrounding the prevalence and overuse of processed soy - IP is very heavy in soy and I am just not sure how "safe" that much processed soy would be for growing a baby. I think that if someone wants to watch weight gain during pregnancy they should follow a gestational diabetes type diet. (which in all honesty is a dream diet compared to IP) I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy and followed the diet religiously (so as not to go on medication) and I only gained 10 pounds during the pregnancy - granted I weighed 208 pounds when I started and the doctors didn't want me to gain more then 20 pounds - the gestational diabetes diet made post pregnancy c-section recovery a breeze. If this is something you are considering I would be happy to share all my research, recipes, menus, etc with you. I documented everything as part of a "self experiment" while on the gestational diabetes diet. Hope this helps!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:00 AM   #9  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
I've been searching with no luck - someone recently posted how they liked to doctor the Walden Farm Mayonnaise to make it taste better. Does this ring a bell with anyone?
Hi

I doctor the walden farm mayo often (this is one of the few WF products I like-- ketchup is the other -- a great base for many things)

Here are some ideas: -- add curry and a splash of tabasco for a spicy curry mayo (great on chicken and egg salad)

Add pureed garlic (take a garlic clove - sprinkle with salt and mash it using the back of a heavy knife until paste like), some dill, a bit of apple cider vinegar, thyme, shallot, salt, pepper -- kind of a good replacement for ranch

Mix with WF ketchup, mustard, capers, shallots, garlic powder/salt -- a thousand island type replacement -- if you add pickle rather then capers you get a good dressing for the big mac bowl (just chop the pickles very fine)

Mix with adobo peppers in sauce for a spicy mexican type spread

Mix with wasabi paste/powder, ginger, Chinese mustard powder, sesame oil, and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds

These are just a few of the things I do with the WF mayo -- hope this helps. If you give me an idea of what you are looking for I might be able to craft a recipe/idea for you (If you want -- I used to be a chef so I love this kind of challenge)

Sending you culinary inspiration!!!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #10  
IP Started 10 May 2011

S/C/G: 150/132/95

Height: 5'

Morning Everyone!!

Spent the past 2 days out of town for a funeral....it was very difficult to stay OP but I did it even at the reception afterwards. I wanted a glass of wine so badly just to relax so instead I went outside for some fresh air and a short walk. Wasn't the same but it worked in the way that I didn't cheat Have a great day everyone!!

Quote:

WAHOO!! Congrats, you must be feeling great both inside and out!!

Quote:
I agree with everything CheekyWit said in regards to pregnancy and the IP diet. I know each coach has their own way of doing this plan(little tweaks here and there, good and bad). My coach would NOT allow me any restricted foods for the first two weeks and on week three I am "allowed" only 3 packets. I counted my calories and my average daily consumption of calories was less than 800 calories. I can't imagine trying to support a pregnancy on this diet, hopefully more experienced people will continue to chime in.

Last edited by Tab McButterson; 05-26-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Thursday everyone!

Day 2 of phase II for me. I cut out my eggs (whites only) in the morning to see if I still need them. I had my vanilla RTD drink box and a coffee (I poured some of my drink into the coffee). I am not hungry now. We'll see what happens this afternoon.

Have a great OP day everyone! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Morning everyone and here's to a great OP day today... I am finally back from NYC. I was involved in the Acela delays yesterday, so I spent 6 hours on the train from NY to DC (instead of 3). I must admit I had a little bit of an anxiety attack and really wanted to get off the train. It is SO nice to be home.

I still need to catch up on all the posts from earlier in the week. That said, I weighed myself this morning and I am down to 167.0. YAY! I also had 4 packets most of the days that I was gone, since I was doing a lot of walking, was sitting with people in class who had access to unlimited snacks, etc.

On the train, we got stuck right at Philadelphia station. I mixed up an IP pina colada drink at 4:30 since I had my "lunch" packet around 11:30. I waited to see how long we were going to be. Once we had been stopped/delayed for more than an hour, I went to the cafe car and got a Chicken Caesar salad and a Perrier. At that point, it was 5pm. I ended up waiting until 5:30 and then ate the lettuce, chicken, and a tiny bit of the caesar dressing (it had barely any sugar).

I am about to upload a new profile picture, so let's hope I can pull that off before I have to start working. Update: yes, it worked!!

I hope everyone is doing well. Enjoy the great weather. We are planning to BBQ tonight and eat outside.

I'm now dressed -- in size 10 pants that were too tight a few weeks ago. They are now comfortable! I love this diet.
When I saw your profile pic, I thought: "Oh! Wow!" You look amazing! Keep it up!

Quote:

Dance, baby, dance!!! You have earned it!!!

Quote:

I have seen this posted previously. I am not sure what the solution ended up being but I know that you are not alone!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-26-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #12  
IP Started 10 May 2011

S/C/G: 150/132/95

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
If you want -- I used to be a chef so I love this kind of challenge

Sending you culinary inspiration!!!!!
I am a chef too!! I feel like I am on Chopped every time I try and cook dinner, here's to being creative WAY outside the box and with NO carbs

Last edited by Tab McButterson; 05-26-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Default Back on track...FOR GOOD!!!

Hi everyone!

Well it is nice to see a whole new crowd of people on this site! I signed up on this site I believe it was in January or February and I loved it!!! And it is one of the reasons I was able to keep up with IP for a certain time. Unfortunately, I had to stop because of financial problems and paying 80$ a week for the products...I just couldn’t. It sucks because I know this program works and I want it to work for me.
I want to achieve my goal once and for all and go on with a good and healthy life. I have a meeting with my coach on Friday afternoon to officially start things all over so I should start IP either Friday or Monday…I am not sure yet. My boyfriend started this week so extra support will be great!
I have been reading some posts since yesterday and you guys seem like a very great group! I can’t wait to share with you my experiences as well and continue to read all of your successes

Have a great IP day everyone!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Hi--

The cold thing is a side effect of the diet - some people experience this and some do not. I am in the category that is experiencing this side effect - which is a new feeling for me. Prior to IP I was the one voted "most likely to combust" For some this is a temporary side effect - for me it has been a constant since week 4. Honestly, this is a happy side effect given the muggy steamy hot DC summers - I look forward to being a bit "cooler"

I would absolutely NOT do this diet pregnant - first of all there is barely enough carbs and calories in the diet to keep our bodies functioning - there is certainly not enough to grow another human. I tend to be a food purist and was during pregnancy - in my opinion there are too many chemicals in IP products that I would not want to give a fetus. Also, there has been some controversy in recent news surrounding the prevalence and overuse of processed soy - IP is very heavy in soy and I am just not sure how "safe" that much processed soy would be for growing a baby. I think that if someone wants to watch weight gain during pregnancy they should follow a gestational diabetes type diet. (which in all honesty is a dream diet compared to IP) I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy and followed the diet religiously (so as not to go on medication) and I only gained 10 pounds during the pregnancy - granted I weighed 208 pounds when I started and the doctors didn't want me to gain more then 20 pounds - the gestational diabetes diet made post pregnancy c-section recovery a breeze. If this is something you are considering I would be happy to share all my research, recipes, menus, etc with you. I documented everything as part of a "self experiment" while on the gestational diabetes diet. Hope this helps!!!
I was cold too! Really cold for the past few weeks. However, now that my body has adjusted or the fact that it's already 80 degrees out (I watered my garden on the way to work and was dripping with sweat), I am no longer cold. I was kind of hoping the side effect would last, with the swampy DC summers. Oh well! Enjoy it while it lasts for you!

It's good to know about the pregnancy thing (absolutely not safe on IP, I think that is in the warnings when you first start). How about post-pregnancy when breast feeding? I have this idea that I'm no longer scared about "baby weight" because I will be able to use IP directly after having a baby. Does anyone know if it's safe? I know there was a breastfeeding mommy at our clinic, but I think her baby was 6 months old already. I have no idea if it's safe for a newborn. Don't they get their nutrients from breastmilk? My coworker just had a baby and I sort of expect that she will ask me what diet I do and if she can do it. I want to be ready to answer her!

Pxlkitty - You look fantastic! I love your new profile picture! Wowie! Sorry you were stuck on the Acela train, but at least you weren't stuck on 95 or the beltway, sitting in your car. Good job eating on plan too!

My garden is growing well. I thought it would be wilted since it was 90 degrees and sunny yesterday and I didn't water (thought it was supposed to rain but it didn't). I watered this morning and was releived to see everything is happy! My snow or sugar snap peas are on their way! They are only 6 inches high but I can't wait to eat them! I planted seeds on Sunday and they aren't sprouted yet! Tappy foot, tappy foot. What are they doing? I bet the spinach seeds are having a little party under the soil. The cucumbers have joined in and so did the lettuce. It's a brew-haha down there. Haha! My tomatoes are awesome and strong now. Some even have flowers on them and woohoo I cannot wait for tomatoes! I will have to make salsa or something, I am expecting to have a ton of tomatoes (12 plants). I am so glad it's summer, although going from 70 degree weather to 90+ degrees suddenly is hot hot! I wore a dress yesterday that my friend gave me and it fit! I wore it last summer but it was tight. It's no longer tight! The straps were falling off. Yay! I love IP.

Have a great day everyone! I'm still catching up on yesterday's posts. I was up early today but my eyes were still tired so I went back to bed and slept in until 8am. I didn't get my long walk in with my dog so I think I'll just keep getting up early instead. However, at 5:45am I met all my neighbors outside with their dogs. ALL OF THEM! All dogs seem to get up when the sun rises. So it's not just my dog.

My dog thinks that my tomato fertilizer, which is a plastic tomato with a lid, is a toy. He's been carrying it around the house and he lays down with his toy usually. I saw him yesterday morning laying next to it and it cracked me up. I'll try to get a picture! I took it away while I'm not in the house, wouldn't want him to eat it accidentally.

My neighbor Sandy who takes care of my dog and cat while I'm away had to be rushed to the ER yesterday. Please keep her in your thoughts/prayers, I have no idea what's wrong. Another neighbor told me she has blood on the brain. That doesn't sound good. She has no family so I will be sure to go try to take care of her when she returns from the hospital.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #15  
Newby!!

I am ALWAYS cold now!!! I have been on this IP diet over 4 months now, and I noticed my chilliness about 6 weeks ago. Brr!!
Closed Thread