Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 10:28 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Morning everyone and here's to a great OP day today... I am finally back from NYC. I was involved in the Acela delays yesterday, so I spent 6 hours on the train from NY to DC (instead of 3). I must admit I had a little bit of an anxiety attack and really wanted to get off the train. It is SO nice to be home.

I still need to catch up on all the posts from earlier in the week. That said, I weighed myself this morning and I am down to 167.0. YAY! I also had 4 packets most of the days that I was gone, since I was doing a lot of walking, was sitting with people in class who had access to unlimited snacks, etc.

On the train, we got stuck right at Philadelphia station. I mixed up an IP pina colada drink at 4:30 since I had my "lunch" packet around 11:30. I waited to see how long we were going to be. Once we had been stopped/delayed for more than an hour, I went to the cafe car and got a Chicken Caesar salad and a Perrier. At that point, it was 5pm. I ended up waiting until 5:30 and then ate the lettuce, chicken, and a tiny bit of the caesar dressing (it had barely any sugar).

I am about to upload a new profile picture, so let's hope I can pull that off before I have to start working. Update: yes, it worked!!

I hope everyone is doing well. Enjoy the great weather. We are planning to BBQ tonight and eat outside.

I'm now dressed -- in size 10 pants that were too tight a few weeks ago. They are now comfortable! I love this diet.
Great new profile pic! Keep up the great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
GOOD MORNING to everyone on this site...

I just wanted to share that I made it to ONE-derland this morning and I am so thrilled!
The scale this morning read 199.6 (I weight at home as I have no coach) My official WI is on MONDAY, so I'm hoping for a smaller number by then. I hope never to see 200 again EVER!!!
I think I might just dance the day away!
Hope everyone has a safe and successful day!
AMAZING! Congrats on such a huge achievement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorae View Post
Has anybody else noticed that they are cold after dropping the lbs and being on the diet? I can't seem to get warm?

Last question: has anybody done the diet while pregnant? I am not expecting, but I was just wondering what everyone else's thoughts were.
Definitely have noticed this but remember, as someone above mentioned, we're losing our fat insulation so I guess it's bound to happen I believe also it may be due to blood pressure going down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab McButterson View Post
Morning Everyone!!

Spent the past 2 days out of town for a funeral....it was very difficult to stay OP but I did it even at the reception afterwards. I wanted a glass of wine so badly just to relax so instead I went outside for some fresh air and a short walk. Wasn't the same but it worked in the way that I didn't cheat Have a great day everyone!!

Morning everyone! I'll be back later but wanted to jump on this morning to report another HUGE NSV for me........

I OFFICIALLY WEIGH LESS THAN MY HUSBAND FOR PROBABLY THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!!!

When we met, he was very thin and fit and while I was in good shape as well, I believe I still weighed a bit more than he did. As the years have gone by, we've both gained the weight, me faster than him of course and this morning when I told him what I saw on the scale, HE was the one to point it out! It was pretty cute

Thanks for letting me share and hope everyone has an amazing day. My mission is to kick this chest infection in the *** and feel better!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

I just wanted to share that I made it to ONE-derland this morning and I am so thrilled!
The scale this morning read 199.6 (I weight at home as I have no coach) My official WI is on MONDAY, so I'm hoping for a smaller number by then. I hope never to see 200 again EVER!!!
Woot Woot!! Way to go and congrats!! I still have a way to go before I get there, and I will be dancing as well!!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Morning everyone and here's to a great OP day today... I am finally back from NYC. I was involved in the Acela delays yesterday, so I spent 6 hours on the train from NY to DC (instead of 3). I must admit I had a little bit of an anxiety attack and really wanted to get off the train. It is SO nice to be home.

I still need to catch up on all the posts from earlier in the week. That said, I weighed myself this morning and I am down to 167.0. YAY! I also had 4 packets most of the days that I was gone, since I was doing a lot of walking, was sitting with people in class who had access to unlimited snacks, etc.

On the train, we got stuck right at Philadelphia station. I mixed up an IP pina colada drink at 4:30 since I had my "lunch" packet around 11:30. I waited to see how long we were going to be. Once we had been stopped/delayed for more than an hour, I went to the cafe car and got a Chicken Caesar salad and a Perrier. At that point, it was 5pm. I ended up waiting until 5:30 and then ate the lettuce, chicken, and a tiny bit of the caesar dressing (it had barely any sugar).

I am about to upload a new profile picture, so let's hope I can pull that off before I have to start working. Update: yes, it worked!!

I hope everyone is doing well. Enjoy the great weather. We are planning to BBQ tonight and eat outside.

I'm now dressed -- in size 10 pants that were too tight a few weeks ago. They are now comfortable! I love this diet.
Great pic! You look Wonderful!!!! Congrats.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:33 AM   #19  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Your picture looks awesome, great work. mmmm bbq have a good one, hoping you get good weather.

Quote:

congrats way to go.

Quote:
Has anybody else noticed that they are cold after dropping the lbs and being on the diet? I can't seem to get warm?

Last question: has anybody done the diet while pregnant? I am not expecting, but I was just wondering what everyone else's thoughts were.
Yes I was cold all the time, am getting better now after 15 weeks. Just cold every once and a while now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
I've been searching with no luck - someone recently posted how they liked to doctor the Walden Farm Mayonnaise to make it taste better. Does this ring a bell with anyone?
Someone said to add a little apple cider vinegar to make it taste like Miracle whip (it didn't to me) I add cilantro pesto to it, or if I am having fish chopped pickles and pickle juice. I have also added BBQ sauce to it and Hot sauce. My friend makes a ceasar salad dressing: jar of WF Mayonaise, ½ cup Aprox. Of Olive Oil (until the consistency is what you like) 3 – 5 Tbsp. crushed garlic cloves, Few shakes of Lee & Perrins, Lots of pepper, Sea salt, Onion pieces (if you want), Lemon juice, Dijon mustard aprox. 2 tbsp. ½ cup or so of Splenda

Hope with what others sent and these you will have a better tasting mayo.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #20  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning everybody!!

Well I had my WI#4 last evening. And I have to say that with TOM being here I was quite surprised at how well I did. I figured maybe 1-2 lbs but I am down 3.2 lbs and another 5 inches. So total of 20.8 lbs and 41.9 inches. YAHOO!!! I'm pretty happy. My coach figures I'll lose even more next week when TOM leaves as she said I was retaining water as she was measuring me.

I've been reading other posts regarding having 4-5 packets a day instead of 3. They are suggesting if you are heavier than 200 lbs you should be having that extra packet a day. I'm just curious as to what you all think as my coach has never said anything about it. I find my coach could use some more training as a few times I've asked her some questions and she really couldn't answer me. I asked her if gum and coffee mate was allowed and she said yes and then I come here and it's a big no no. So I find I get most of my answers here. If anybody could answer that I would greatly appreciate it.

A few other questions: I've had to purchase some more vitamins and Cal-Mag last night too. I'm just wondering how long will I have to be taking them? Is it until you reach a certain goal or will it be a forever thing?
Old 05-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #21  

Quote:

WOW!! What a great before and after picture!!! You look awesome and what a great inspiration!! Keep it up!!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Pxlkitty4 you look amazing!! You must be so happy! congratulations :carrot

It's a rainy yucky day here today, but I did manage to get out for a walk with all kids.

Hope you all have a great OP day
Old 05-26-2011, 10:41 AM   #23  
Started IP 4/7/11

S/C/G: 280/253/185

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Hi--

The cold thing is a side effect of the diet - some people experience this and some do not. I am in the category that is experiencing this side effect - which is a new feeling for me. Prior to IP I was the one voted "most likely to combust" For some this is a temporary side effect - for me it has been a constant since week 4. Honestly, this is a happy side effect given the muggy steamy hot DC summers - I look forward to being a bit "cooler"

I would absolutely NOT do this diet pregnant - first of all there is barely enough carbs and calories in the diet to keep our bodies functioning - there is certainly not enough to grow another human. I tend to be a food purist and was during pregnancy - in my opinion there are too many chemicals in IP products that I would not want to give a fetus. Also, there has been some controversy in recent news surrounding the prevalence and overuse of processed soy - IP is very heavy in soy and I am just not sure how "safe" that much processed soy would be for growing a baby. I think that if someone wants to watch weight gain during pregnancy they should follow a gestational diabetes type diet. (which in all honesty is a dream diet compared to IP) I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy and followed the diet religiously (so as not to go on medication) and I only gained 10 pounds during the pregnancy - granted I weighed 208 pounds when I started and the doctors didn't want me to gain more then 20 pounds - the gestational diabetes diet made post pregnancy c-section recovery a breeze. If this is something you are considering I would be happy to share all my research, recipes, menus, etc with you. I documented everything as part of a "self experiment" while on the gestational diabetes diet. Hope this helps!!!
I totally agree with you on NOT attempting this diet during pregnancy. I was thinking about all the artificial sweetners. I would not risk it. If it was me I would take the concept of veggies and low fat protein and add in some fruit and healty carbs. If you still watch your calories and don't over eat then you won't gain an absurd amount. Your body requires more calories while pregnant especially more than what you take in on IP. I gained 80lbs my first pregnancy because I ate whatever and whenever. The second pregnancy I was a little smarter and gained 35lbs. But I am still trying to get it off several years later. Everything in moderation.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:41 AM   #24  

Quote:

WAY TO GO Gail!!! I'm sure ONEderland is great!! I can't wait to get there too and dance!!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:41 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hi
These are just a few of the things I do with the WF mayo -- hope this helps. If you give me an idea of what you are looking for I might be able to craft a recipe/idea for you (If you want -- I used to be a chef so I love this kind of challenge)

Sending you culinary inspiration!!!!!
That's terrific - thank you so much. I was just thinking about a post where someone made it more like Miracle Whip, but your ideas are really fun.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
I've been searching with no luck - someone recently posted how they liked to doctor the Walden Farm Mayonnaise to make it taste better. Does this ring a bell with anyone?
Just wondering where to I find the Walden Farm products??
Old 05-26-2011, 10:43 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 247/180.8/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:

Congrats GailMarie! I hit onderland last week also and it feels sooooo good, doesn't it? You have to treat yourself to something special, you deserve it. I don't know if you read my post a couple of days ago but what I did was bought a Pandora Charm Bracelet with one charm and from now for every 10 pound lost I will add another. It was my bestfriend that came up with the idea and I thought it was perfect! Have a wonderful day!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #28  

Quote:

I was told absolutely not!!! Like mentioned before you barely have enough calories for yourself, so not even enough for a baby to thrive!! When I started IP I had just finished nursing my baby. She was 10 months and is now 11 months and that's the first thing my coach asked me if I was still nursing as it's not allowed.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 247/180.8/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:

WOW! You look amazing!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #30  

Quote:
Hi

I doctor the walden farm mayo often (this is one of the few WF products I like-- ketchup is the other -- a great base for many things)

Here are some ideas: -- add curry and a splash of tabasco for a spicy curry mayo (great on chicken and egg salad)

Add pureed garlic (take a garlic clove - sprinkle with salt and mash it using the back of a heavy knife until paste like), some dill, a bit of apple cider vinegar, thyme, shallot, salt, pepper -- kind of a good replacement for ranch

Mix with WF ketchup, mustard, capers, shallots, garlic powder/salt -- a thousand island type replacement -- if you add pickle rather then capers you get a good dressing for the big mac bowl (just chop the pickles very fine)

Mix with adobo peppers in sauce for a spicy mexican type spread

Mix with wasabi paste/powder, ginger, Chinese mustard powder, sesame oil, and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds

These are just a few of the things I do with the WF mayo -- hope this helps. If you give me an idea of what you are looking for I might be able to craft a recipe/idea for you (If you want -- I used to be a chef so I love this kind of challenge)

Sending you culinary inspiration!!!!!
Those are great ideas and sounds delicious but where do I find these Walden Farm products??
Closed Thread