3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP stomach aches (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/234072-ip-stomach-aches.html)

chilijonesy 05-25-2011 03:22 PM

IP stomach aches

I am starting my 4th wk on ideal protein and after I have one of the protein packs I am getting very bad stomach aches I am drinking a ton of water and I have loss 17lbs and I wouldnt want to stop I am taking the enzymes and no relief any suggetions thanks:?

Treena 05-26-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chilijonesy (Post 3864768)
I am starting my 4th wk on ideal protein and after I have one of the protein packs I am getting very bad stomach aches I am drinking a ton of water and I have loss 17lbs and I wouldnt want to stop I am taking the enzymes and no relief any suggetions thanks:?

There could be a few reasons, and I know I don't know all fo them. I can think of 2 off the top of my head:

1) Are you going to the bathroom regularly? You should be going at least once a day. I know that constipation can be a problem for some on IP (while diarrhea is a problem for others). If you've got "the big C," you may be bloated and have stomach aches because of that.

2) You say that it's after you've had a protein packet, which makes me wonder if you have an allergy to one or more of the ingredients. Some of these products have gluten in them, for example. If you have an allergy or intolerance to gluten, that can cause stomach pain/problems.

I'm hoping someone will add to this to help you out. Showgirlaz, for one, is full of great wisdom and information. Maybe if you look through her past posts, she may have answered this question with someone else before. By the way: Showgirlaz isn't the only one with a wealth of knowledge, so definitely look around the FAQ, etc. in the Stickies to see if anyone else has also shared their expertise. :D

Lisaf373 05-26-2011 09:29 AM

Is it pain, or nausea? If it's nausea, you're not having enough vegetables.

Talk to your coach, but that's what it was for me. Your body needs more carbs than it's currently getting, and you get carbs from veggies. Increase your veggie intake, and they should go away.

Photographermom 05-26-2011 10:55 AM

I have stomach pains as well - sort of nausea feeling. It's only in the morning and sortly after my potass. pill. I've tried to take my pill with my morning protein but it doesn't help. any suggestions? (I'm starting week 2)

MInewgoal 05-26-2011 11:09 AM

Wait till lunch and take it when you have more food in your stomach..not just a little protein. It may help!

MARIAV75 05-26-2011 11:26 AM

hmmm... how about a little Brocolli Rabe? If this is the big "C"... this is sure to help...
M

Treena 05-26-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photographermom (Post 3865793)
I have stomach pains as well - sort of nausea feeling. It's only in the morning and sortly after my potass. pill. I've tried to take my pill with my morning protein but it doesn't help. any suggestions? (I'm starting week 2)

One cause of nausea in the morning after starting IP is if you're not accustomed to eating breakfast. IP forces you to eat breakfast, and if your body isn't used to it, you might feel a bit sick to your stomach. It goes away eventually. Hopefully that's what it is, and not the potassium!

katiebeth7 05-26-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photographermom (Post 3865793)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MInewgoal (Post 3865818)
Wait till lunch and take it when you have more food in your stomach..not just a little protein. It may help!

I also have to take my "morning" vitamins at lunch. One of them was making me nauseous, and I think it was the potassium, also. Problem solved if I eat lunch, then take them all within a few minutes of eating. I've never taken vitamins regularly, so this is a huge issue for me. :dizzy:

Photographermom 05-27-2011 06:42 PM

thanks for the info!

star2nite 05-22-2012 06:58 PM

Stomach aches

I too seem to be having stomach aches. It's not the big C as I have had plenty of bowel movements. It seems right after I eat my stomach starts gurgling and aching. Feels somewhat bloated and full. But also feels like strong gnawing hunger pain. I am full from my meals so it's not hunger. And doesn't matter how much or how little I eat :( I'm afraid I am sensitive to the proteins and don't want to have to stop diet :(

Any ideas? Day 6 of diet, day 4 of stomach aches.

8lbs weight loss so far.

Baracuda 05-23-2012 01:55 AM

After about week 3-4 I started getting really nauseous at night after dinner. My coach said it just happens and to have a extra packet. That didn't seem to help much. Someone on here suggested the Mag-Cal vitamins could be causing it, that they are too strong. So instead of taking 2 at breakfast and 2 at dinner, I take one at every meal/snack and spread them out. This has totally fixed the problem for me and I haven't felt sick in a couple months!

If you have that queezy feeling give that a try! Good luck!

Jonsgurl0531 05-23-2012 02:13 AM

When I first started I had to have a snack before I went to bed because if I didn't I would feel so sick in the morning.

LizRR 05-23-2012 11:29 AM

I've never felt any "reactions" to the packets - but there have been several threads regarding some people having allergic reactions to IP packet ingredients. If you post on the daily chat I'm sure Wuv will respond - she has the ingredient list for several products and checks that thread more than others.

Also even before IP, I always had to take my vitamins with a 'substantial' amount of food or else I would feel sick. One of my coworkers used to actually vomit up his multivitamin if he took it on an empty stomach. I also have the same 'sick' feeling if I drink green or white tea on an empty stomach.

love2travelmom 05-23-2012 12:24 PM

I too am getting severe stomach pains...not all the time though. They are not nausea it's actual pains that take my breath away.

Cole3 05-23-2012 12:46 PM

I would look to see if there is a correlation with the vitamins. Just about all vitamins (including the IP vitamins) make me horribly nauseous unless I take them on a totally full stomach ... as in take the vitamins following the last bite of food. If I wait even a half hour after I eat I get terrible heartburn and nausea.