Old 08-12-2012, 12:19 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 288/see tracker/175

Height: 5'10"

In the past week and a half, I've had some stomach pain too, but usually after I eat dinner, not after a protein pack.
slimmingitdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:30 AM   #32  

Default Gallbladder

I stopped Ideal protein after a month of severe gas nightly. I lost weight quickly, but I was afraid of what was happening inside of me.
My coworker did it as well and ended up with having to get her gallbladder removed. I also had two clients who also had their gallbladders removed after using it. Other people have told me they've had gastric issues since using the program. It makes me wonder exactly what it's doing to people's health.
Katgordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:25 AM   #33  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katgordon View Post
I stopped Ideal protein after a month of severe gas nightly. I lost weight quickly, but I was afraid of what was happening inside of me.
My coworker did it as well and ended up with having to get her gallbladder removed. I also had two clients who also had their gallbladders removed after using it. Other people have told me they've had gastric issues since using the program. It makes me wonder exactly what it's doing to people's health.
I had my gallbladder removed many years ago so not an issue for me. No gastric issues either - it is the opposite for me as not having a gallbladder, makes it harder to break down fat so IP causes me to have no issues as compared to my fallback eating of high carb/high fat as well as my ketogenic plan which is also high fat. Not to be too graphic but I have to run to the bathroom at times in the latter cases but never so with IP.

Having said that, I believe there are things you have to watch out for being on such a low calorie, low ingested fat diet. For me, I decided that in spite of different issues I have had that I have shared extensively with this community, I still choose to do IP for weight loss as I found it to be the most effective. My thought process is that if I go by how I am feeling, then that is a pretty good guide, and I feel tremendously better with less stored fat/being smaller - inflammation is down - so it is all about tradeoffs but I have realized that lower carb is much better for me and I haven't been able to lose weight on a low carb diet except for IP. I believe in the science of low carb but I realize it goes beyond just "low carb" and for whatever the reason, the macro mix for IP works for me as I have tried same calorie count and different macro mix and did not lose weight.

That does not mean I just blindly follow IP either - I am always assessing but the above is my thought process in spite of having some health issues while on it (however, different than what you describe).
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote