Old 05-25-2011, 08:46 AM   #1  
Lovin the way I feel!

S/C/G: 235(start IP 4/15/11)/tick/140

Height: 5'4"

Question Goals??

Hi All! So I have made some mini goals, and not sure if they are do-able, and just wanted to get "experienced" IP-ers advice.
I am currently 215, and I would like to be at 200 pounds by the end of June or earlier, and be at 180 pounds by August 12th (I am going on a beach vacation) thats 35 pounds I need to lose from today til Aug 12th. Is this do-able? or am I setting myself up for failure?
I started IP 4/15/2011 and to date I have lost 20 pounds.
Thank you IP!!!
phall8180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phall8180 View Post
Hi All! So I have made some mini goals, and not sure if they are do-able, and just wanted to get "experienced" IP-ers advice.
I am currently 215, and I would like to be at 200 pounds by the end of June or earlier, and be at 180 pounds by August 12th (I am going on a beach vacation) thats 35 pounds I need to lose from today til Aug 12th. Is this do-able? or am I setting myself up for failure?
I started IP 4/15/2011 and to date I have lost 20 pounds.
Thank you IP!!!
Everybody's body is different. You lost the first 20 in a little more than a month, so 15 pounds by the end of June sounds doable. Another 20 by mid-august - maybe?

If you stay 100% on program, this is not unreasonable.

BUTBUTBUT don't be upset if you don't hit your schedule. Be happy about your progress no matter how fast or slow it goes. Every pound is a victory.

I made myself a little spreadsheet when I started. It had dates on one side, and columns for 2 pounds a week, 3 pounds a week, etc. I think I went up to 5 in the spreadsheet, but I never lost that fast. This way I could see what weight I would be by when if I kept losing at that rate. It kept me focused and motivated, but in reality, it never went as fast as I wanted it to.

I still got there. Just took me longer than I expected.
Lisaf373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #3  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

My best advice...let it be and relax into the program (which is hard to do in the first weeks). You will probably loose the first 20 pounds quickly...the next 20 will take a bit longer---enjoy all the NSV's you will experience in this journey, they help focus, motivate and strengthen your resolve. (and they should never ever ever be overlooked for a number on a scale-IMHO) You may even find you are at a smaller size at a higher weight then you expected -right now I am buying size 6 clothes and I am still in the 160's (NEVER thought that could be possible). This program is really amazing if you follow it. I find the pressure of trying to make a weight deadline is like watching a pot boil....it just seems to take forever and adds a bit more stress which makes loosing weight even harder. My mantra has always been...the only thing I can control is what I put in my mouth, the rest I have to give up to my body and trust she knows what and how to do it. (mind you this is very hard for a control freak, deadline driven person like myself, but otherwise I just make myself insanely crazy over numbers on a scale)

I agree with Lisa -- I compare IP to a construction project --it takes longer then expected (I thought I would be easily done by end of April -- and now I am not sure I will even be exactly at 160 by the end of this month) and it costs more then estimated (again I thought I would be done in April) -- Keep at it, enjoy every victory no matter how small, and remember from where it is you came and most of all try to learn from and enjoy this journey you will be much more successful if you do. --sending you hugs and many many success vibes
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:08 PM   #4  
Lovin the way I feel!

S/C/G: 235(start IP 4/15/11)/tick/140

Height: 5'4"

Thank you for your advice and words of encouragement. I can only do so much and my body will have to follow! I'm on plan, knowing I'm doing this and the weight and inches will come off when the time is right!
Thanks again!
phall8180 is offline   Reply With Quote