Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
My boss just commented on my weight loss and how much it shows!!! This is huge!!!
That's awesome! Congratulations, I can't wait until my weight loss is actually noticable.

I'm on week 2 and I'm finding the cravings today are huge! Strange because last week I didn't have any cravings. I didn't eat my salad today at lunch so maybe that's the problem.
How do you all deal with cravings/snacky feeling. I've been drinking water and chewing gum hoping it will pass!! I might have to eat my lunch salad if it doesn't fade....
Old 05-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

So, I went to a clinic today that sells IP stuff. I didn't get the whole starter kit, but I did buy a mix and match box of packages and some WF Chipolte Ranch salad dressing. Yum! I used the dressing as a dip for my 2 c of vegies - I love the spiciness! Has anyone tried the ceasar? I love ceasar, but I find it's really easy to get stuff that tastes gross.
Anyways, so far so good on day 1, the real challenge will be at home tonight. I guess I'll just have to go out for a walk, or plant my garden to keep busy and not eating or dreaming of carbs.
Thnak you everyone for the welcome and your support. I hope to cross the finish line hand in hand with all of you!
Old 05-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

Hi all another newbie here. I just started today. So far so good. I have a few questions, at lunch is it just a salad pretty much every day along with your protein supplement? And what kind of vitiams, minerals etc should i be taking? Im gonna be doing this at home bc of the money situation. I have a order at diet direct in and I have some pudding and smoothie stuff from there already. Thanks
Old 05-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
So, I went to a clinic today that sells IP stuff. I didn't get the whole starter kit, but I did buy a mix and match box of packages and some WF Chipolte Ranch salad dressing. Yum! I used the dressing as a dip for my 2 c of vegies - I love the spiciness! Has anyone tried the ceasar? I love ceasar, but I find it's really easy to get stuff that tastes gross.
Anyways, so far so good on day 1, the real challenge will be at home tonight. I guess I'll just have to go out for a walk, or plant my garden to keep busy and not eating or dreaming of carbs.
Thnak you everyone for the welcome and your support. I hope to cross the finish line hand in hand with all of you!
Hi Laura,
I tried the Caesar, it's okay but the Chipotle is much better. I have found with all of the dressings, if I add my teaspoon of olive oil to them, they are more like regular dressing. The thousand Island is good with chopped dill pickles. Adding any Mrs Dash spices also perks them up.

Pretty soon you'll be dreaming of fresh produce, from your garden, instead of carbs!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #50  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I am proud of you and I also envy your trip to NY, someday I will get there. I work at an airport and to see all these happy people travelling every day sure gives me the bug... that will be later. Last time I went for training the same thing, they baked chocolate chip cookies in the afternoons, I had a pina colada and it was great. This was in my first 2 weeks on IP, so I knew if I got through that I can get through the rest of the time. I have noticed though Tim Horton's always seem to be baking their chocolate cookies in the afternoons when I am on my way home. Luckily it is warm (semi anyway) outside and I walk outside now. less temptation. Have a great time at your conference.
Thanks! I think the baking of cookies in public place should be banned. I know they do it on purpose... and I'm sure it works. I came up on the train this time, which is luxury because I'm not restricted to the tiny little ziploc bag. I'm glad that there is less temptation when the weather is nice. Take care and keep up the great work.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #51  
Started IP - 4/11/2011

S/C/G: 203/193/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! I just got back from traveling. I was able to stay on plan for the most part on the first half of the vacation but I was staying with my sister and no one in that family eats vegetables! So it was trying, I did eat a lot of beef jerky as a substitute for a meal because we were running around so much :-( Then I went to a wedding on Saturday and completely fell off the wagon! But the food was delicious! I started back on plan Monday. I feel so guilty but I am more determined to get back on plan now :-)
Not going to weigh myself before my next appointment with my coach...might be too depressing ;-)

Hope everyone is doing well!

In regards to the posts about sleeping. Since my travels and cheating, I have noticed that I am more sluggish in the mornings. I am actually looking forward to ketosis and the early morning rising! I've not been a morning person my whole life! It's like a brand new world...LOL! My dog appreciates it too because she gets long walks on those mornings :-)
Old 05-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #52  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

[QUOTE=capricious;3862760]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
I'm really hoping for you that the change in medication will increase your losses- you've always been so positive even though you've lost at a slower rate- you deserve an increase!
Thank you! I really appreciate your comment. The bottom line is that I'm really losing inches. I wish I had measured myself when I started, but to be honest, I wasn't sure that I was going to stick with the program.

I wore a dress for my doctor visit today that was literally swimming on me. I had to laugh when I put it on because it just hung on me. I don't want to get any new clothes right now, because I'll only have to buy more. I'm going through the closet again this week to see what I can pull out. Also-- I'm just feeling wonderful! I can't explain it, but it's like being in euphoria. Crazy, huh?

It doesn't bother me any more when hubby eats his snacks at night. I secretly wonder how he can eat that junk and still not gain weight. He always asks if it will bother me if he gets this or that after dinner, and quite honestly, it does not. What does bother me is salty, crunchy things. I told him that he can have all he wants, but he has to go buy it and take it to work as I know that I wouldn't be able to handle it. Also-- I gave him all these coupons for the buy one get one free from those fast food places. He and his friends at work buy them and split the cost. This way, he doesn't feel deprived. Quite honestly, even if he ate it in front of me, I'd probably barf. I just feel so differently about foods these days.

I've been on IP for 5 weeks now and to be down by 15 pounds is 3 lbs a week, and that's not too bad, given my thyroid problems. The doctor said today that she wants to see me in two months and that she expects great results. She is so supportive.

Oh... one more thing. I told her that I was having problems with constipation (TMI) and was eating a bag of lettuce plus all my veggies every day. She told me to get 500mg of Magnesium and take it every day. She said that I wasn't taking enough and that might help. So.. we'll see how that works.

This was longer than I had expected but again, thank you for your reply.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:00 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
Good morning all!

I have officially started the IP WOL today. I am so excited about this. I'm prepared for this to be the worst week of my life, but I am also prepared for the results. Everyone has had so much success, that I am very hopeful and excited. I will probably drive everyone nuts with questions, but I'm looking forward to being around a while!
Laura, don't set yourself up for a miserable week. Actually, I had no ill effects since starting other than being constipated a couple of times and last week I had a big ole tummy ache. Each person reacts differently to the program and you might not have any ill feeling. I didn't.

Congratulations of your decision to get healthy. I know it won't be easy at times, but remember that you have friends here who really care about each other. Keep coming back here and let us help you if you need it. Remember to tell us how your first week is.

Although we're not doctors by any means of the imagination, I'm sure that at least one of us has probably experienced something similar to what you are doing.

Be happy. Be well.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
My boss just commented on my weight loss and how much it shows!!! This is huge!!!

I work in a very conservative (very strong "corporate") environment.

My boss is a a great boss and a person that I respect very highly but he is a "financial person" and more into numbers and figures than anything else. For him to even notice, let alone say anything about it, is saying a lot!
Hey Susie... you said he was interested in numbers and figures... sounds like he's starting to notice YOUR numbers and figure... heh heh...
Old 05-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #55  
Traceemom

S/C/G: 229/215.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone, I have been lurking for awhile now too, I started 3.5 weeks ago and have lost about 15 pounds. I've had a few moments but not too many Last week I went to an awards dinner for DH, and couldn't believe there wasn't anything I could eat. So I did eat a little of everything, and a friend was there, who's lost tons on IP, was very encouraging and helped me to figure out what to eat.

I spent the weekend unloading a truckload of dirt for my flower beds etc, turned over piles of dirt and cleaned everything out. I worked really hard and found my weightloss stalled over the weekend. I'm thinking I worked off too many calories, does this sound right?
Old 05-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #56  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
Has anyone noticed that when you are on IP, there is no sleeping in? When I wake up in the morning...I am awake! It is a good thing, for the most part, BUT not at 4:30am.....ugh! This will be a long day! Hope all is well with everyone. Stay strong and on plan today!
I have noticed the SAME THING!!!! Very frustrating - I'm up before the sun some days!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:33 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Just came back from WI3 and it was only 1.5. Meh. After a 5.5 and a 4.5 a 1.5 seems so miniscule. I was OP all week but I'm thinking maybe I had too much red meat. I'll try having more fish & chicken....
On the plus side that 1.5 put me in a whole new 'decade'- the 60's! Woohoo for that I haven't been here for over 3 years
Old 05-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Hey everyone Welcome to all the newbies!!

I've been sooooo busy with work lately it's been harder for me to find time to read AND write on the forum. I do visit still at least once a day though and am always so encouraged by everyone's successes!

On the topic of sleep, I have actually found that while on IP, I actually sleep MUCH better. Better than I ever have actually. I wish it was like that for everyone else

HUGE NSV's for me today!!
I don't know if anyone will remember but I had mentioned that I have a bridal shower coming up that I'm a bridesmaid in and really wanted to look nice. I ended up finding and buying a fantastic dress about a month and a half ago that I absolutely fell in love with and was so excited to fit into considering it was a junior large
Well, I tried it on last week only to find that my chest area seemed to stop shrinking as much as it had in the beginning on IP and although the dress fit me beautifully everywhere else, I decided I wasn't real comfortable with the amount of cleavage that was showing. I had originally thought that my chest would go down a bit more than it actually has but nope, the girls are still VERY much here to stay LOL.
ANYWAYS, I went dress shopping today and decided to go into Le Chateau (a store I haven't even dared to step into in probably about 15 years). I got brave and decided to see if I could get into a few dresses and to my delight, I COULD!! 13 weeks ago I was in between a 2-3X and there I was this afternoon trying on and fitting into XL dresses. Best part? I found a dress I absolutely LOVE and with the help of the sales associate, we accessorized me to the 9's and I walked out of there on a cloud I spent way more money than I would have ever done before BUT I figure I'm WORTH IT and I can't wait to see if anyone has anything to say when they see me I did a sneak peek for hubby today and got a 2 thumbs up and an eyebrow raise Felt SO good.
On top of that, I needed to buy a plain black shirt for the stag and doe coming up and found that the large fit great and bought it....still can't believe I don't have to shop in plus size stores anymore for the first time in at least 8 years!

Anyway, thanks for letting me share. I'm looking forward to my weigh in Friday to see how much of the 7 lbs. I was up after my trip that I've lost. I know my scale says I've lost all of it plus some but for me, it's not official until I see it on coach's scale

Have a great night everyone!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #59  

I was sitting here thinking about summer vacations to exotic places and was wondering about airline foods, etc. Now that the TRS has become so strict about what you can and cannot take on a plane, I'm wondering how one prepares for a long flight. Even if you have a stop over, the concessions don't cater to those of us who are trying to maintain an IP diet. What's a girl to do? Anyone up to talk about this little challenge?
Old 05-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Hey everyone Welcome to all the newbies!!

I've been sooooo busy with work lately it's been harder for me to find time to read AND write on the forum. I do visit still at least once a day though and am always so encouraged by everyone's successes!

On the topic of sleep, I have actually found that while on IP, I actually sleep MUCH better. Better than I ever have actually. I wish it was like that for everyone else

HUGE NSV's for me today!!
I don't know if anyone will remember but I had mentioned that I have a bridal shower coming up that I'm a bridesmaid in and really wanted to look nice. I ended up finding and buying a fantastic dress about a month and a half ago that I absolutely fell in love with and was so excited to fit into considering it was a junior large
Well, I tried it on last week only to find that my chest area seemed to stop shrinking as much as it had in the beginning on IP and although the dress fit me beautifully everywhere else, I decided I wasn't real comfortable with the amount of cleavage that was showing. I had originally thought that my chest would go down a bit more than it actually has but nope, the girls are still VERY much here to stay LOL.
ANYWAYS, I went dress shopping today and decided to go into Le Chateau (a store I haven't even dared to step into in probably about 15 years). I got brave and decided to see if I could get into a few dresses and to my delight, I COULD!! 13 weeks ago I was in between a 2-3X and there I was this afternoon trying on and fitting into XL dresses. Best part? I found a dress I absolutely LOVE and with the help of the sales associate, we accessorized me to the 9's and I walked out of there on a cloud I spent way more money than I would have ever done before BUT I figure I'm WORTH IT and I can't wait to see if anyone has anything to say when they see me I did a sneak peek for hubby today and got a 2 thumbs up and an eyebrow raise Felt SO good.
On top of that, I needed to buy a plain black shirt for the stag and doe coming up and found that the large fit great and bought it....still can't believe I don't have to shop in plus size stores anymore for the first time in at least 8 years!

Anyway, thanks for letting me share. I'm looking forward to my weigh in Friday to see how much of the 7 lbs. I was up after my trip that I've lost. I know my scale says I've lost all of it plus some but for me, it's not official until I see it on coach's scale

Have a great night everyone!
Le Chateau eh! I haven't been in that store since I was in highschool. My gosh I do love some of the dresses they carried. A HUGE congrats to you!!! I am thrilled for you! I hope you have a blast at the bridal shower wearing your beautiful new dress!

I had another q for you Ontariophotogal, about how your finding your energy levels for weddings on this diet. I admit to being a bit deflated for the event by the end of the day. Any tips and tricks (or times) you have eaten and found it working for you.
Closed Thread