Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 06:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Default Tuesday May 24, 2011 Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- lntroduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: Monday May 23, 2011 Daily Chat
Old 05-24-2011, 06:47 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone! I'm up early due to my dog getting me up at 5:45, so I thought I'd try starting the daily chat. Woohoo! It's my first time! Still haven't finished reading yesterday's chats, but I'll get there. Thanks for the compliments on me fitting into my red dress. My chiropractor patted my stomach yesterday when I was on the adjustment table and said, "You're doing IP, aren't you? You can really tell!"
"Why yes, I fit into all my clothing now," was my response. Yay! It's good to get positive feedback and reinforcement.

I gave my notice at work yesterday and now they are trying to keep me. This is part of why I can't fall back to sleep, so I'm going for a 40 minute walk with my dog now. Looks like the rain is holding off for now! Have a great OP day everyone!

You are all such an inspiration! Keep up the good work!
Old 05-24-2011, 07:00 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflow321 View Post
Bad Day you guys - my boyfriend and I have been trying to save up for an engagement ring for a year, but school expenses have been wiping us out. So today, he called me and said that both his jobs have laid him off. In one day. Fortunately, I won't have to sacrifice the diet, as I'm getting some help with that, but I'm so depressed I don't know what to do. I don't feel like cheating, but I feel like I've lost my motivation, since part of it was to look uber-snazzy in an engagement photo. Please please send good thoughts down south... it's gonna be a long summer. <3
Aww, I am really sorry to hear he got laid off from 2 jobs. Hang in there. Food is a crutch to distract us from what we are feeling. So just sit there and feel what you are feeling. It's ok to be sad and cry. We are afraid to let our feelings out, so we use food as a substitute or distraction. Oh wait, you said you don't feel like cheating, so that's good. But motivation is a major part of this diet, so here's a pep talk:

I'm so sorry to hear this happened. But, you will get engaged, and when you do, you'll be ready for a fabulous engagement picture, dress shopping, and your wedding. The last minute weight loss for brides is REALLY hard to do and stressful on top of everything else. If you take care of yourself now for you, you'll be ready when the time comes for all those pictures and memories which your grandchildren will look at and say, "Wow, Sunflow looked so beautiful in her wedding pictures! What a hottie!" Hah, if I knew your name I would insert it there.

And why are you contributing to buying your own engagement ring? If it's really important to him to get married, I think he should make the commitment to you to buying a ring. You can get beautiful rings for not tooo much money. I know it's hard to say that in this economy, even $600 is a lot of money for most of us. You can always make an agreement to upgrade later, I've heard of a lot of married people doing that. LOL or he could just finance it and not tell you.

Anyway, I am sorry that this happened to you. Hang in there. At least you don't have to sacrifice being on IP.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/189/140

Height: 5'6"

Has anyone noticed that when you are on IP, there is no sleeping in? When I wake up in the morning...I am awake! It is a good thing, for the most part, BUT not at 4:30am.....ugh! This will be a long day! Hope all is well with everyone. Stay strong and on plan today!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:09 AM   #5  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Drive-by post...

I'm back in NYC for a few days this week. My MIL was at our house since last Thursday... Busy, busy times. I am staying at a hotel that brings you free coffee/water in the morning if you are a frequent stay member. I have to say that my new absolutely favorite thing in the world is having someone bring me coffee in the morning. The cold water for my crispy cereal is pretty darn nice too.

The place where I am doing training (SAS Institute -- statistical and data software) has tons of junk food out all the time. At least they have a good selection of tea/coffee as well and all the cold water you want. Yesterday afternoon I mixed up a pina colada drink in my water bottle while everyone else was having their snack. I felt like I was having a real treat, didn't feel deprived at all, and planned to have a lovely filet mignon, broccolini, and asparagus for dinner.

I hope everyone is doing well. I will have to catch up when I am back home.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:27 AM   #6  
Lovin the way I feel!

S/C/G: 235(start IP 4/15/11)/tick/140

Height: 5'4"

Morning all! Day 2 back on plan (phase 1) and I am not feeling so well. My right mid back side is sore (I am thinking kidney stones) I haven't had them in years, but I think with the increased greens I am eating may be causing them. ( I do not get calcium stones, I get oxalate stones - which is caused from greens) My stomach is a little upset...I have had a BM 3 times since 7:00am! (sorry TMI) I am also a little queezy I was only off plan Sat & Sun, I am not sure why this is all happening??? I didn't feel like this when I started back in April....
Any suggestions...advice????
Thanks
Old 05-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 148/132.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
Has anyone noticed that when you are on IP, there is no sleeping in? When I wake up in the morning...I am awake! It is a good thing, for the most part, BUT not at 4:30am.....ugh! This will be a long day! Hope all is well with everyone. Stay strong and on plan today!
I have the same problem! I haven't had one good, full, 8-hour night's sleep in a month. I'm so tired all day long but then when it comes time to go to bed I am AWAKE. Like last night - I had been super tired all day long to the point that I couldn't focus on my work. Then I try to go to bed at 10:30 and at 11:30 I'm still awake, then 12:30 and I'm still awake, then 1:00 I'm still awake and finally decide to just take some NyQuil so I'll get SOME sleep. So I've got about 4 hours of sleep under me today and a month's worth of inadequate sleep.

On the one hand it's great to have so much energy, but on the other hand it makes my head so fuzzy that I can't get work done. On weekends I wake up after 6 hours of sleep and have so much energy that it's impossible to take a nap to make up the difference.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phall8180 View Post
Morning all! Day 2 back on plan (phase 1) and I am not feeling so well. My right mid back side is sore (I am thinking kidney stones) I haven't had them in years, but I think with the increased greens I am eating may be causing them. ( I do not get calcium stones, I get oxalate stones - which is caused from greens) My stomach is a little upset...I have had a BM 3 times since 7:00am! (sorry TMI) I am also a little queezy I was only off plan Sat & Sun, I am not sure why this is all happening??? I didn't feel like this when I started back in April....
Thanks
It might just be from going back on phase 1 and changing your diet (I got cramps in my legs and feet when I first started phase 1, so it's possible that your body is having a similar reaction) and you might try taking an extra potassium or more magnesium. Or you could call your coach and see what he/she thinks might be causing the problem. You can never be too safe, so if you think it might be stones, call your coach and call your doctor.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:05 AM   #9  

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone has a great OP day!

I'm supposed to weigh in today and start Phase 3 tomorrow - so excited to have some yogurt and berries with breakfast! But we're supposed to have some really severe weather this afternoon (some are predicting tennis ball sized hail and are comparing what they predict to the weather in Joplin) so I don't know if I'll actually get to go today or if I'll need to reschedule. If I can't make it in I'm just going to go off of the information sheets in the Phases sticky and hope for the best!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:07 AM   #10  
Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

S/C/G: 181/162/145

Cinnamon -

Thanks a lot. I guess I just needed to sleep on it, and I feel a little better this morning. I'm not actually helping him pay for the ring, I'm just helping out with saving money around the house and financial advice and moral support. Last night we talked about me helping, just because of circumstance, but he was really against it. He told me it wouldn't be fair for me to have to help and that he doesn't want it. We aren't really trying to save but about $400, but even that has been hard to find working through school... Anyway, no more sad talk, today is gonna be OP for me, no matter what. ^_^
Old 05-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoderngirl View Post
Good morning everyone! I hope everyone has a great OP day!

I'm supposed to weigh in today and start Phase 3 tomorrow - so excited to have some yogurt and berries with breakfast! But we're supposed to have some really severe weather this afternoon (some are predicting tennis ball sized hail and are comparing what they predict to the weather in Joplin) so I don't know if I'll actually get to go today or if I'll need to reschedule. If I can't make it in I'm just going to go off of the information sheets in the Phases sticky and hope for the best!
Stay safe with that crazy weather!

Just a brief post from me for now- have to get ready for work! I weigh daily- though tomorrow is my "official" WI day. Today I surpassed the 20 lbs lost mark. I'm pretty tickled about it. The scale has been jumping around every day- within 1 lb and today it finally went 1/2 lb under my 20 lb mini goal weight.It's a nice way to start the day.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:18 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflow321 View Post
Cinnamon -

Thanks a lot. I guess I just needed to sleep on it, and I feel a little better this morning. I'm not actually helping him pay for the ring, I'm just helping out with saving money around the house and financial advice and moral support. Last night we talked about me helping, just because of circumstance, but he was really against it. He told me it wouldn't be fair for me to have to help and that he doesn't want it. We aren't really trying to save but about $400, but even that has been hard to find working through school... Anyway, no more sad talk, today is gonna be OP for me, no matter what. ^_^

I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with such a difficult situation, and I definitely understand where you're coming from. For years my boyfriend and I had talked about getting married and both knew we wanted to, it was just a matter of him scraping enough money together for a ring. There were several times I felt optimistic about him saving enough but then something would happen (his car would break down, he'd have to pay a bunch to get things printed for his portfolio, etc) and all the money he'd been saving was gone. All I can say is just try to be patient (I know it can be hard) but it WILL happen someday. I finally got lucky and my boyfriend got $2500 back on his taxes and got me a ring and proposed in March. Be patient and encouraging and it will happen!

Hope you have a great day!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Another day, another clean slate! Thank you to everyone for the compliments in previous posts and on my progress pics!

I have a feeling I am going to be tired this afternoon... the birds decided to throw us a (very loud!) concert between 4:30 and 5:10 a.m. and then, everything went silent again but I just could not fall back asleep. Ugh!

My weight was up a teeny bit this morning (149.0 lbs) but maybe the lack of sleep didn't help. I was also starting to feel like I needed to take some Floralax and I did, so hopefully, that will be all straightened out by my WI tomorrow at lunchtime, when I plan on announcing to my Coach that I am finishing off my "lunch packets" (chili, spaghetti, omelet, soups) and moving onto phase II! I honestly feel ready now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
Good morning everyone! I'm up early due to my dog getting me up at 5:45, so I thought I'd try starting the daily chat. Woohoo! It's my first time! Still haven't finished reading yesterday's chats, but I'll get there. Thanks for the compliments on me fitting into my red dress. My chiropractor patted my stomach yesterday when I was on the adjustment table and said, "You're doing IP, aren't you? You can really tell!"
"Why yes, I fit into all my clothing now," was my response. Yay! It's good to get positive feedback and reinforcement.

I gave my notice at work yesterday and now they are trying to keep me. This is part of why I can't fall back to sleep, so I'm going for a 40 minute walk with my dog now. Looks like the rain is holding off for now! Have a great OP day everyone!

You are all such an inspiration! Keep up the good work!
&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Drive-by post...

I'm back in NYC for a few days this week. My MIL was at our house since last Thursday... Busy, busy times. I am staying at a hotel that brings you free coffee/water in the morning if you are a frequent stay member. I have to say that my new absolutely favorite thing in the world is having someone bring me coffee in the morning. The cold water for my crispy cereal is pretty darn nice too.

The place where I am doing training (SAS Institute -- statistical and data software) has tons of junk food out all the time. At least they have a good selection of tea/coffee as well and all the cold water you want. Yesterday afternoon I mixed up a pina colada drink in my water bottle while everyone else was having their snack. I felt like I was having a real treat, didn't feel deprived at all, and planned to have a lovely filet mignon, broccolini, and asparagus for dinner.

I hope everyone is doing well. I will have to catch up when I am back home.
Awesome job you two! You both inspire me so much!

CinnamonSparkles: I saw a red dress that caught my eye the other day in the window of a store near my work and now you are tempting me! Maybe I'll wait and see if they still have it when I finish phase II and it will be my reward! ...or maybe I'll go see if I can have it put aside until my next pay day... hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
I noticed that I no longer sleep in on weekends but I thought it was because I am just used to waking up early during the week. I never thought to attribute it to IP. Interesting!

I also sleep very well at night since being on IP (I have a chocolate RTD drink box as my evening snack).

I used to have insomnia pretty bad prior to going on IP. I am thrilled to sleep so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phall8180 View Post
Thanks
Oh my goodness! That sounds just awful!

I don't really have any advice but I wanted to send : and I hope you will get some answers and feel better soon.

Sunflow321

I am so sorry for what you are going throug right now. That has to be very disappointing.

Hang in there. Often, when one door closes, another door opens. Maybe a really good job is right around the corner for him (instead of having to work two jobs)! :

that your engagement will be back "on" again before you know it!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-24-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Stay safe with that crazy weather!

Just a brief post from me for now- have to get ready for work! I weigh daily- though tomorrow is my "official" WI day. Today I surpassed the 20 lbs lost mark. I'm pretty tickled about it. The scale has been jumping around every day- within 1 lb and today it finally went 1/2 lb under my 20 lb mini goal weight.It's a nice way to start the day.
That's wonderful! Be proud of your achievement! You should celebrate reaching your mini goal by going to see a movie or some kind of activity you enjoy that doesn't involve food. Always celebrate your achievements
Old 05-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Very excited to see 171 this morning! Last week I was seeing 172, did WI fully dressed at 174 then two days later my morning weight was 176! So somehow I got 4lbs added in there. Still no idea how that happened but it's down now and I'm glad for that. I'm still really hoping to lose some more by tomorrow for my official WI of the week.

Sunflow321- I'm so sorry your boyfriend got laid off. That's always difficult. When you go ring shopping since you're on a budget, don't be afraid to check out pawn shops. You can get some amazing things. I don't know what he paid for it but my husband got my engagement ring from a pawn shop. It's a 1/2 carat certified marquise solitare, 18kt yellow gold band with platinum prongs. You can get them cleaned and polished and they look brand spanking new!

I hope things start looking up for you guys soon!
Closed Thread