Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 07:47 AM   #1  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Daily Chat Monday June 27

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- lintroduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Old 06-27-2011, 07:51 AM   #2  
IP started 4/25/11

Happy Monday all!

I'm happy to announce that I'm officially in the 160s!

Have I said lately...IP rocks!

I'm seriously considering a higher goal weight. If I keep dropping sizes like I am...I don't think I want to go down to a size 4. I guess for now, I'm playing it by ear...
Old 06-27-2011, 08:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Happy Monday all!

I'm seriously considering a higher goal weight. If I keep dropping sizes like I am...I don't think I want to go down to a size 4. I guess for now, I'm playing it by ear...
Wow that great...excellent ...160"s I have decided to go down a few more lbs I really want to see 165 on the scales so I'm going to catch another 5 lbs..but thats all just a few more around the mid section I think...
I'm so excited you got this opened early thank you /...I get sad coming in the morning and not being able to say hello to everyone...
Old 06-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Default 4th of July

Ok you Ip'ers we have to start thinking now how to stay on program and make it thru the fun and food tables...lets share some ideas this week...

One big idea is bring some of the food..items you can eat...a big healthy spinach/romaine salad with all the goodies in it...
a big tray of mixed veggies with Walden farms honey mustard for dipping...

bring some fresh lemon's to squeeze in your water or tea to quench your thirst...you don't have to blow your program...get involved with some fun games...Any Ideas out there....????

Old 06-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #5  
IP started 4/25/11

TBH judogirl - I was thinking of you when I opened this .

I'll try to get on before the kids get here in the morning, but I can't promise nothing
Old 06-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187.6/156.4/150

Quote:

That's great! Good for you You should be very proud! Have a great week!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:52 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Happy Monday all!

Happy Monday!

I'm happy to report that I've now lost exactly 30 lbs. I'm thrilled. I feel like I have about 30 more to go- maybe more, we'll see. So I guess I'm about halfway there!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:09 AM   #8  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Happy Monday all!

Congratulations!! I agree that IP rocks... and that playing it by ear is a great thing to do.

I am now in a size 8-ish most of the time, and I keep reconsidering my goal weight too. I keep thinking that I'm going to move mine lower, but then I realize that I'm still 10.5 lbs away and I have no idea how I'm going to look with another 10lbs gone. So, my new idea is that I'm going to take it 5lbs at a time if I decide when I'm at 152 that I want to keep going.

I bought a new goal dress yesterday as I found something online (6pm.com, great bargains, run by zappos) and my hubby said "wow. you would look fantastic in that...". It's a size M Nicole Miller that was on sale for 67% off... (they had one left) and it's a black strappy "little black dress"... My new goal is to feel fantastic in that dress and to post a picture of me in it when I feel good about it.

I must admit that I can see how people start to obsess about weight "the other way". Knowing the secret to losing weight could turn into a food obsession that means we never eat enough and continue to keep dieting even though we are at a healthy weight. I'm not saying that I think I will have this problem, but I've noticed how critical I can be towards myself even though others are now telling me how great I look.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:21 AM   #9  
New to IP Program

S/C/G: 223/208/160

Height: 5'9"

Good Monday morning! Good job on the 160. That is incredible. I can't wait to get to that weight. Over the July 4th weekend we will be taking the kids to the beach with friends. I am already nervous because these are heavy drinking people and do things like fish frys... So I have to plan for five days away from home without blowing it. We will spend most of the day out on the boat. I'll need all my willpower for this trip
Old 06-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #10  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

So happy with how I did this weekend, went hiking with a girlfriend in the mountains and no cheating!!!! And i was curious after i got home and hopped on the scale, and I dropped another 5 lbs ish!!!! Cant wait for my weigh in on Thursday!!!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Minewgoal-congrats on the 160s.
Everyone else good morning.

It is official I have lost 10%. In seven short weeks I am 10% lighter. I am so happy I just can't believe it. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Trish
Old 06-27-2011, 09:38 AM   #12  

Quote:
Happy Monday all!

Congrats to you!! Just find where your body wants to balance out at weight wise.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:47 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

I, too am excited for WI this week! I weigh myself at home way too often, but it is an old fashioned scale - not electronic. So it is kind of a guessing game to see the needle move. I also flucuate about 5-7lbs. just from morning to night. I have also been using a keytone strip every other day to make sure I am in ketosis, althought the breath alone should tip me off! Thank goodness for Scope mouth spray!!

We are having a small cook out on Sunday for my sister's birthday with her friends. Burgers, pasta salad, green beans (I like sauteeing them with WF Asian dressing), and cake. No bun, pasta salad, or cake for me. Monday is the big BBQ at the in-laws. My husband smokes the ribs all day - we've already discussed redoing the dry rub so that there is no brown sugar in it. We're also going to trim the baby backs really well to avoid the extra fat. It seems that most of my sisters-in-law are all on various diets, so should have plenty to eat otherwise. I'm bring my own dressing, and MIL usually stocks several heads of lettuce. I'll eat a big wedge salad & some nicely trimmed ribs. Maybe some WF coleslaw. I've requested that there be no meat & cheese tray. It's a weakness. Staying away from desserts hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. In some ways, it pays to be a picky eater!
Old 06-27-2011, 10:02 AM   #14  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishn222 View Post
Minewgoal-congrats on the 160s.
Everyone else good morning.

It is official I have lost 10%. In seven short weeks I am 10% lighter. I am so happy I just can't believe it. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Trish
Awesome job, Trish!!
Minewgoal- YAY for the 160s!! I hope to be there someday.

I've had a great week back strict on program after taking nearly a week off program. I feel better, wake up easier, am less bloated and nearly TEN pounds down. This will be a record weight loss for me. Ironic it came after I was burned out on program for a week. Moving on to phase 2 this week and I'm quite excited about it!

With the holiday coming up, my plan is to get away with grilled lean meats, my own salads and a restricted bar as needed.

My goal today is to drink lots of water!! (a girl's got to have goals, right?)

Last edited by ash825; 06-27-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Quote:
Happy Monday all!

Congratulations ! That is awesome. I am so looking forward to the 160's. I'm almost there and can't wait to see it. I too don't know what my goal weight should be. I decided that I am going to wait and see how I feel and look in my clothes. Keep up the good work!
Closed Thread