3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Need help NOW! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/233886-need-help-now.html)

blkbmr06 05-23-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GailMarie (Post 3861663)
is there any diet pop that has sucralose rather than aspartame?

There is a Diet Coke made with Splenda. Diet Rite, I believe, is also made with Splenda. Check labels on store brands some of those are also made with splenda.

GailMarie 05-23-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkbmr06 (Post 3862074)
There is a Diet Coke made with Splenda. Diet Rite, I believe, is also made with Splenda. Check labels on store brands some of those are also made with splenda.

Someone informed me that the US has more splenda pop than Canada...that's interesting don't you think??:wave:

katiebeth7 05-23-2011 11:40 PM

Also, supposedly the issue is the phosphoric acid in dark sodas which does harm to your ketosis. My nutritionist had encouraged me to only drink the clear ones, but now that I'm on IP protocol, none of the clear sodas have Splenda! I now only get seltzer waters with natural flavoring, Diet Rite tangerine, and a line of sodas called Hansen's... I honestly just need the bubbles!

Personally, if you want a soda, go ahead and have one!! I don't think if you drink them in moderation that it can do too much harm, but only you will know from keeping track of your weight fluctuations.

blkbmr06 05-23-2011 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GailMarie (Post 3862089)
Someone informed me that the US has more splenda pop than Canada...that's interesting don't you think??:wave:

I think, and not trying to start a debate here, that the jury is still out on the overall longterm use of sucralose. Some of the toxic side effects of Splenda are just as disturbing as those from aspartame.

katiebeth7 05-23-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkbmr06 (Post 3862161)
I think, and not trying to start a debate here, that the jury is still out on the overall longterm use of sucralose. Some of the toxic side effects of Splenda are just as disturbing as those from aspartame.

Agreed!! I try to limit all sugar substitutes to no more than one 12oz/day... And there are natural sodas with truvia/stevia, but I read that it also affect fertility, especially in men, and it does have some interactions with certain meds.

I say, just educate yourselves, go natural when possible, and learn to love water! As they say, do things in moderation...

blkbmr06 05-24-2011 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiebeth7 (Post 3862174)
Agreed!! I try to limit all sugar substitutes to no more than one 12oz/day... And there are natural sodas with truvia/stevia, but I read that it also affect fertility, especially in men, and it does have some interactions with certain meds.

I say, just educate yourselves, go natural when possible, and learn to love water! As they say, do things in moderation...

Absolutely! I have drank more water in the last 2 months than I have in the past year!!! I was always a diet coke addict, then worse-Rockstar! (And I KNEW they aren't healthy choices)! Talk about liquid crap (I so like it though, LOL). As far a educating ourselves, we do all have to make a commitment to ourselves, and no one else, to do what we can to get control of a healthier lifestyle. Poor choices in the past is what has brought us here. That being said, it's comforting to know we are in this together and there is great support on this forum.