Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #1  
Kathy
Thread Starter
 
Alaskaipjourney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Alaska
Posts: 172

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Default It's hard going back to Phase 1

I went thru phase 1 being very dilligent, phase 2 the same, phase 3 the breakfast was awesome. Enjoyed a few cheat days in there then decided I wanted to change my goal weight. I've been trying to get back to phase 1 the last few days but it's been such a challenge for me in the afternoon and evenings. Sometimes even in the mornings because I feel so hungry. I have to get back to the mind set that of sticking to IP protocol 100%. Is there anything that helped you get back on track after phasing.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #2  
Start 2014
 
carlasherea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Laurel, Montana
Posts: 295

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
I went thru phase 1 being very dilligent, phase 2 the same, phase 3 the breakfast was awesome. Enjoyed a few cheat days in there then decided I wanted to change my goal weight. I've been trying to get back to phase 1 the last few days but it's been such a challenge for me in the afternoon and evenings. Sometimes even in the mornings because I feel so hungry. I have to get back to the mind set that of sticking to IP protocol 100%. Is there anything that helped you get back on track after phasing.
It is absolutely hard!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always encourage people to lose all that they really want before stopping. I lost to 160 and then went on Maintenance only to decide I would like to be 145 to 150. Now I can hardly get started again. I have been back on Phase 1 for 5 days now, so here is to "trying again!"

I don't have a magic answer for how to get back on the horse. My main inspiration is this website.

Last edited by carlasherea; 05-23-2011 at 02:06 PM.
carlasherea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #3  
Senior Member
 
ontariophotogal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 257

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Default

I wish I could help but I didn't find it that hard, maybe I'm just lucky. Or maybe cheap LOL. I know there is NO WAY I could fathom not sticking to it after spending what I do on it...
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #4  
Kathy
Thread Starter
 
Alaskaipjourney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Alaska
Posts: 172

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Default

Good point about the cost, maybe that is what is making it harder now. The first time around I used only IP products and this time I am buying ones that cost 1/3 of the price. Regardless, I know I just need to suck it up and stick to it AGAIN!! I did it the first time and I can do it again. I sure do miss that big breakfast, that is for sure.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:46 PM   #5  
start IP Feb 8 2011
 
2RIDEROLLERCOAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,527

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
Good point about the cost, maybe that is what is making it harder now. The first time around I used only IP products and this time I am buying ones that cost 1/3 of the price. Regardless, I know I just need to suck it up and stick to it AGAIN!! I did it the first time and I can do it again. I sure do miss that big breakfast, that is for sure.
Welcome back we have missed you... You can do it, even if it is only one minute at a time. Have ham and hard boiled eggs on hand for those afternoons when you need a little something. One step at a time.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #6  
Member
 
kcjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 80

S/C/G: 187/168.6/145

Height: 5' 6"

Default

I too have found it so hard to come back. Especially when I know I left because the weight loss was stalling, slower, and difficult to stay motivated.

I'm on day 6 and have made it through but find my mind starts to wander on, should I really do this again and maybe I should try just working out. I have to constantly remind myself it never worked well trying all the other ways so just stick with it.

I do find that I am much more hungrier and think it's likely because I'm using alternatives. I have been adding more protein to make up for it. Well lets wish each other luck and support each other.

I also must say that when I first started the chats on the boards were much more strict and only people would report cheats on the oops thread. I found it really motivating to see so many people sticking to 100% protocol or at least not talking about it on the daily chat. But now I'm not as motivated to stick to 100% because I don't really see that many people sticking to 100%. Mind you I wasn't 100% my last 2 months on diet but the first 3 I was pretty strict. I have to get to a place where I can be 100% because that's where I saw the best results.
kcjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:16 AM   #7  
Kathy
Thread Starter
 
Alaskaipjourney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Alaska
Posts: 172

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Default

Well I managed to stay 100% OP today, day 1...again. Maybe I'll have more energy and be less hungry once I am in ketosis again. I know I would like to maintain 115 so I probably will stay on phase 1 until that is reached then jump to phase 2. Good luck to you to. Cheers to our restarts!
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:32 AM   #8  
Senior Member
 
esammy12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 162

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

I feel your dilemma. I've found it nearly impossible to get back on track. I left my coach and Dr's office 2 months ago and have steadily gained since I left. I am able to go on it for 5 days at a time but by the time the weekend rolls around, I need the mental release - even more than the food. I too don't want to use strictly Ideal Protein products, not because of the cost but because of that weird soy taste that's imperceptibly in everything. Not ketosis - but if you ever left some IP beverage in your shaker cup for a day, or left it in a bowl - it just gets nasty. Like something died. I started to taste that a little bit in everything. I am trying to do the protein beverages with unsweetened hemp milk and whey protein. This diet really does work, but it is a very very low calorie way to live and it's hard.
esammy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:34 AM   #9  
started 2/22/11
 
disgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MA, USA (but in my mind....DISNEY WORLD)!!
Posts: 493

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjohn View Post
maybe I should try just working out. I have to constantly remind myself it never worked well trying all the other ways so just stick with it.
Thank you for that reminder! Nothing else has worked for me for the longest time until I found IP!! I have a ways to go but I appreciate a look at "the other side" and what I may be up against!! Awesome job!!!! Good luck and best wishes!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
Well I managed to stay 100% OP today, day 1...again. Maybe I'll have more energy and be less hungry once I am in ketosis again. I know I would like to maintain 115 so I probably will stay on phase 1 until that is reached then jump to phase 2. Good luck to you to. Cheers to our restarts!
Woot woot! Way to go!! Thank you for being a motivation to all of us on these boards!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:13 AM   #10  
Member
 
2Balance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Idaho
Posts: 31

S/C/G: 215/178/150

Height: 5'10"

Default This is me too!

I too am re-committing to Phase 1. I think I hit a psychological stumbling block. I have lost 30# which is the amount of weight I always used to tell myself I had to loose. I think my subconscious said "Okay, you did it!" But I need to loose about 18 more pounds to finish. It has been really hard to get back to the level of intensity I was at when I first started. It is really hard when everyone is saying how great I look and really noticing the weight loss. It helps reinforce the feeling that I am done.

My strategy is going to look at this 18# as a brand new goal. All in its own. I may also try the boot camp. I know once the scale starts moving down again quickly that in itself will be a motivator.
2Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:02 AM   #11  
Started IP 9/1/10
 
wyoangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NE
Posts: 238

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Default

I am wondering if it would help if we returned to the journaling we were so diligent with when we started??? Would that help? I need to return to a strict Phase 1 as I have stalled for 2 months and then this morning my scale jumped up 3 lbs.

I, too, have been pondering what would get me back on track!....besides a swift kick in the behind.
wyoangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #12  
Senior Member
 
CinnamonSparkles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 268

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Balance View Post
I too am re-committing to Phase 1. I think I hit a psychological stumbling block. I have lost 30# which is the amount of weight I always used to tell myself I had to loose. I think my subconscious said "Okay, you did it!" But I need to loose about 18 more pounds to finish. It has been really hard to get back to the level of intensity I was at when I first started. It is really hard when everyone is saying how great I look and really noticing the weight loss. It helps reinforce the feeling that I am done.

My strategy is going to look at this 18# as a brand new goal. All in its own. I may also try the boot camp. I know once the scale starts moving down again quickly that in itself will be a motivator.
Yes, you have to think of it as a new journey- this 18# journey. Take it one week at a time. Remember that the first week is the hardest. By week 2 you should be sailing along. I think once you get past the first weekend, you will be set! I know the weekends are hard. My bf puts all sorts of things in his mouth and doesn't gain weight. I had some carbs for dinner on Sunday night, which are allowed on phase 4, and I gained weight. So back to no carbs for now. You just have to find what works for you. Ok I will go update my ticker to be honest.

Also, do boot camp but think of it as following phase 1 sheet exactly. I wouldn't cut out restricteds entirely. Having one every other day seemed to help me a lot! I only allowed myself to eat them in the morning or at lunch. I would eat them if my weight loss stalled (daily scale hopper here). I also started taking long walks in the morning and added an extra non-restricted packet with 7carbs for that, (directly after walking, aka eating one breakfast before and one after!). Walking helps with my mood, makes my body feel better, and makes me think about what I put in my mouth before I eat it. I also joined the April challenge to try to lose 10 pounds in April. It helped me stick to my walking in the mornings. Now I feel tired if I don't get up and walk in the am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
I am wondering if it would help if we returned to the journaling we were so diligent with when we started??? Would that help? I need to return to a strict Phase 1 as I have stalled for 2 months and then this morning my scale jumped up 3 lbs.

I, too, have been pondering what would get me back on track!....besides a swift kick in the behind.
I suggest walking if nothing else. Also writing down what I eat helps me but I was too busy this time around. I bet using the journal would help you! Or fitday.com
I mentally keep track of what I eat each day and when I step on the scale the next morning, I can see the results. I know that's not mentally very healthy but it has helped me this time. I also keep track of how much water I drink. The more water, the better. 5-6 liters seems to be the perfect amount. Maybe try drinking more water? I can't believe that the 8 cups on the sheet would be enough for anyone, especially in the summer.
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #13  
Member
 
JollyCrewzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 60

S/C/G: 188/153/138

Height: 5'3"

Default I'm in the same boat!!

I never struggled staying OP when I first lost the weight (Aug - Dec). Getting started again has been sooooo hard! I literally started phase 1 again every day since I got back from a cruise in February. I FINALLY have completed my first full week OP. I don't know why it is so hard. I'm happy to be back but the weekends are killing me. I was maintaining in February to April but then this month I gained 10 pounds. So, now instead of 6 pounds to lose, I have 16! I lost 4 pounds last week and I'm happy to feel in control again. But, discouraged when I think about losing 2 pounds a week. That will take forever!

My coach said that re-starting is difficult for most people. Her suggestion was to try the alternate plan for awhile. Yes, it was more satisfying but it didn't keep me from cheating.

My hardest time during the day is when I get home from work and trying to get dinner ready. I just want to grab something like cereal, crackers, tortilla chips - anything with carbs. So, I've been looking at it like this: I need to get through one meal at a time. I know 5:30 - 6:30 will be rough, but it is only an hour, I can get through...I have a piece of gum or munch celery while making dinner. So far this is helping!

I really like this thread. Thanks Alaskaipjourney for starting it. It's nice to know you are not alone! Let's keep each other motivated!!!
JollyCrewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:26 PM   #14  
Senior Member
 
Momto2cs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,729

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Default

I'm in
I tried to phase off to phase3 this weekend and instead had a binge weekend with visitors from out of town. I now think I should do 2 more weeks of phase 1 and then phase off.

14 days won't kill me...will it?

I already exercise every day, so it's diet or nothing...

Sigh
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #15  
Kathy
Thread Starter
 
Alaskaipjourney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Alaska
Posts: 172

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Default

I figure I'm going to need to be on Phase 1 for 5 or 6 weeks to get down to 115. Plus it will take 3 days to get in good fat burning ketosis mode. After reaching 115 I will start to phase off again.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I really do think I need to go back to Phase 1 or something. Fat Melanie South Beach Diet 43 08-08-2008 06:10 AM
Day 2 of Phase 1 and I've already cheated... what do I do? Fat Melanie South Beach Diet 15 06-18-2008 03:50 PM
Phase 1 Start on Monday, May 2 SarahLL1031 South Beach Diet 91 05-16-2005 06:04 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.