Bad weekend

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: Gail!!!!

Looks like your perciverance paid off!! 6.2 pounds

I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!
    THANKS SO MUCH!!!
    I was actually stunned when I got on the scale this morning to see the 6.2 pounds gone. I almost cried, I waited a half an hour and got on again and it was the same. I hope that this was enough to keep me in check and keep motivated to continue my journey.
    I will be emailing my coach to let her know that I am losing again, she will be so happy for me.
    Thanks again for your kind words and encouragement. I needed it badly today.
    3 cheers for me today!
  • Good for you Gail! I'm so happy for you! What a great way to start your week.
  • Quote: I also had a rough weekend and after feeling pretty down in the dumps I got a lot of encouragement from fall of you on 3FC and now I'm just starting fresh and not thinking about it. Good luck!
    Wow! What is is the air? I also had my first "slip-up" (sugar was the culprit) on Saturday since starting in January. I also got right back on the horse the very next morning but I'll tell you I felt really wiped out/tired/lethargic that day and could have easily slipped again. No other symptoms--still SO NOT worth it!

However, I made myself take the dog for a good hike out behind our house when I got up on Sunday and also went to my hot yoga class in the afternoon (hoping to sweat out the poison!)

I'm even better today--did my usual 4 mile run and then additional 30 min. walk over lunch. May take another yoga class this afternoon.

What I'm really trying to figure out is WHY I slipped up. I could tell myself it was just something I needed to do after following protocol so strictly for 5 1/2 months but I think it was more emotional than that--boredom? procrastiantion? loneliness? just plain feeling sorry for myself? This is the stuff I want to get a handle on because even after I reach my goal, these things will rear their ugly heads now and again and I'll need to continue to be strong.

I totally agree that you are all so inspirational and supportive and also for me, it was just nice to know I wasn't alone out here. Keep on keeping on everyone!
  • Well I had to weigh myself at home this morning because I drove all the way to the clinic (25min) and office was closed..no explanation! Needless to say I was a little upset! Anyway, I lost 2 pounds from last Monday.
    Today I was back on plan, although I didn't get my lunch time veggies in and haven't had enough water today and didn't take my AM vitamins... this day went by way to fast!
  • Quote: THANKS SO MUCH!!!
    I was actually stunned when I got on the scale this morning to see the 6.2 pounds gone. I almost cried, I waited a half an hour and got on again and it was the same. I hope that this was enough to keep me in check and keep motivated to continue my journey.
    I will be emailing my coach to let her know that I am losing again, she will be so happy for me.
    Thanks again for your kind words and encouragement. I needed it badly today.
    3 cheers for me today!
    Way to go. So happy for you! I have been on IP for 15 weeks now. I have been struggling with slowing loss and last week I would be down 2 lbs and then up 2 the next day. I tried changing up when I eat my restricted and that seemed to help. I was having it for a snack before bed and now I have it for lunch. It seemed to help - I was down 2 lbs this weekend.
  • Quote: Way to go. So happy for you! I have been on IP for 15 weeks now. I have been struggling with slowing loss and last week I would be down 2 lbs and then up 2 the next day. I tried changing up when I eat my restricted and that seemed to help. I was having it for a snack before bed and now I have it for lunch. It seemed to help - I was down 2 lbs this weekend.
    Thank you so much for the kind words, that's usually me when someone is down in the dumps, I am usually the one to comment positively to keep up the good work and try your best.
    This diet is hard for me, but i know I need to keep trying to do my best and not get discouraged when i don't lose any weight. I am wondering if an extra package of protein is what I need to add or maybe a hard boiled egg. I have heard that some people really need a little more protein than they consume, and the pounds come off quicker.
    I will wait to hear from my coach to see what her opinion is.
  • Me too!
    I too slipped this weekend. Get back on the horse and don't look back. Be in the now! You will do great.
  • We all go through what you went through. I was disappointed a few weeks ago as I just lost 2lbs, I was used to losing 4 - 5 lbs a week and questioned it. But the following week I pushed myself and it paid reward with a 4 or 5 lb loss. Its good too that you are experiencing what reality will be like when you complete your diet, unplanned things popping up, vacations, etc. Its about bouncing back. "Its ok to cheat but not to quit".
  • Quote:
    We all go through what you went through. I was disappointed a few weeks ago as I just lost 2lbs, I was used to losing 4 - 5 lbs a week and questioned it. But the following week I pushed myself and it paid reward with a 4 or 5 lb loss. Its good too that you are experiencing what reality will be like when you complete your diet, unplanned things popping up, vacations, etc. Its about bouncing back. "Its ok to cheat but not to quit".
    Definitely NOT going to quit!! I am back on track...day 2 OP and I am paying for my cheat days for sure! ugh!!! I can't wait til Thursday... I know I will feel soooo much better!!