Old 05-22-2011, 11:24 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 147/138.8/105

Height: 5' 2.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gillmore View Post
Thanks so much,

Im trying to figure out what I could do with the butterscotch pudding, its lovely but day after day drags on.

Did you ever try the omelete? is it good or the oatmeal better?
The omelette is SO good and filling. Saute a cup of veggies (diced mushrooms and green peppers!) and then add the omelette. It makes a huge meal. Very satisfying and you get one cup of veggies down without even noticing it.
longhorn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #17  

Thanks everybody, you guys rock.

So my official weigh in is tommorow morning, I did one Friday with my coach just so I would feel better about the heck I went through, so I hope it goes well.

So this morning, its almost noon and I haven't had my cereal yet, I don't feel hungry but I will eat it cause I know I have to. Why is it im not hungry and don't feel as weak as yesterday. Only thing I had was last night I drank an ice tea, but it was 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 sugar, and very very little salt and it was sweetened with splenda, so I followed the rules. Do you think I messed something up?
Mike Gillmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

Take about an ounce of orange or berry herbal tea, brewed VERY strong (like, use one teabag, and only add an inch of water to your cup. Swirl it around until it's dark.

Add that to a glass of seltzer. Add a packet of sweetener (Splenda or Truvia) SLOWLY or it will fizz up and make a huge mess.

Orange (or berry) soda. It hits my need for fruit and sweet, and gets me past the craving without going off program.

Good luck!
Lisaf373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Stellar idea on the creamsicle thing...can't wait to get my next set of foods and stuff on Monday.

Couple questions,

1) Powerade Zero is legal on Ideal Protein diet? I think Im getting excited

2) My coach said everything has to be 0 carbs and 0 sugar, but the packets I eat from Ideal Protein have carbs and sugar in them, whats the differance?

Thanks
Yes, Powerade Zero is legal. There are no calories, no fat, no sugar, no carbs and it's made with splenda. I was excited too!
NannyOgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #20  

Quote:
Thanks everybody, you guys rock.

So my official weigh in is tommorow morning, I did one Friday with my coach just so I would feel better about the heck I went through, so I hope it goes well.

So this morning, its almost noon and I haven't had my cereal yet, I don't feel hungry but I will eat it cause I know I have to. Why is it im not hungry and don't feel as weak as yesterday. Only thing I had was last night I drank an ice tea, but it was 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 sugar, and very very little salt and it was sweetened with splenda, so I followed the rules. Do you think I messed something up?
YEA!!! It sounds like you're in KETOSIS!!!.. not being hungry is one of the signs... the tea should be fine, splenda is one of the few sweeteners that's okay for most of us... but from here on out, be sure you get your protein in for every meal... otherwise, being in ketosis will not work for you the way you want... have you read Dr. Tran's book yet?.. the link is on the first post of every daily chat thread... he has a pretty good explanation of ketosis & why it works to help us burn fat...

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #21  

Yesterday I had Talking Rain Ice purchased at Costco. I tried the Black Raspberry. It was amazing! and it also tasted like fruit. Give it a try to see if it cures your fruit cravings.
SaskDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:09 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 158/154.5/137

Height: 5'7"

Mike, I feel your pain! I can do without my bread, rice, potatos ( don't like it bit can do it) but am really craving my bananas and frozen grapes - not to mention my sweet potatoes! Nothing quite like them, huh?
LSUDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:13 PM   #23  
IP Start 04/29/2014

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannymae32 View Post
Get the orange drink and vanilla shake, mix them together and put them into popsicle makers in the freezer, its just like an orangesicle.
This inspired my breakfast shake this morning, I just threw half of each packet into the blender with 6oz water, 5 ice cubes, half a packet of splenda, and a dash of vanilla extract. I'll have the remaining mix as my snack later tonight. It was good (not my fav because I have never just loved dreamsicles anyways).

I made a banana milkshake last night and it was GREAT!!!! Here is the recipe if anyone is interested in trying it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IP Banana Milkshake.jpg (48.1 KB, 13 views)
dtbutler4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:36 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Thanks so much,

Im trying to figure out what I could do with the butterscotch pudding, its lovely but day after day drags on.

Did you ever try the omelete? is it good or the oatmeal better?
Have you tried making the pudding into waffles. I love the butterscotch pudding/waffle.
2oz water
2 egg whites beaten
1/4 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
1 pudding packet

Beat eggs and water until well mixed
add salt and baking powder
stir in pudding packet, batter will be thick
pour into greased waffle iron
Yummo!
Staceyhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #25  
IP Start 04/29/2014

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceyhay View Post
Have you tried making the pudding into waffles. I love the butterscotch pudding/waffle.
2oz water
2 egg whites beaten
1/4 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
1 pudding packet

Beat eggs and water until well mixed
add salt and baking powder
stir in pudding packet, batter will be thick
pour into greased waffle iron
Yummo!
I tried this recipe with the vanilla and loved it...without syrup!!!!

Last edited by dtbutler4; 05-08-2014 at 06:34 PM.
dtbutler4 is offline   Reply With Quote