Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 11:08 AM   #1  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Default IP Weekend Chat ~ May 14 & 15, 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: Friday, May 13th, daily chat
Old 05-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #2  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

I thought I would start the weekend thread since things still seem to be fairly quiet over on the Friday thread! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 05-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #3  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I thought I would start the weekend thread since things still seem to be fairly quiet over on the Friday thread! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Thanks... Great new profile pic...
Old 05-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #4  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Good morning all....had WI6 yesterday and am down 7.8lbs!!!! So excited!!! I worked hard this week and started Zumba on my wii (ho boy, that's not easy!)

Loving IP and excited for the future even though in my world the future is super uncertain.

Have a great OP weekend friends!
Old 05-14-2011, 11:39 AM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
Good morning all....had WI6 yesterday and am down 7.8lbs!!!! So excited!!! I worked hard this week and started Zumba on my wii (ho boy, that's not easy!)

Loving IP and excited for the future even though in my world the future is super uncertain.

Congrats!! I love Zumba and plan on starting up again once my classes end next week. I'm a little nervous about starting exercise up again, but I'd like to tone up and I feel better afterwards...so, we'll see!
Going to lunch at my favorite pizza place in the whole wide world...and I'm getting a salad I'm not really that sad. I've been doing great and don't want to jeopardize it! Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #6  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Weighed today and I am down 7# for the week. I added Callanetics and a bar in the morning and I think that helped. I will add a slow walk in next week and see how that affects my loss.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post
Weighed today and I am down 7# for the week. I added Callanetics and a bar in the morning and I think that helped. I will add a slow walk in next week and see how that affects my loss.
AWESOME LOSS!!! Feels so good to see those numbers going down!

NSV: Huge for me, I went to buy some basic black capris yesterday, and I NO LONGER and a plus sized girl...purchased them in the "regular" section of the store. I haven't done that EVER in my life. I am proud of this body and the transformations it has taken in a month on IP. Can't wait to see the results.

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!
(oh yeah, I got my ticker too!)

Old 05-14-2011, 12:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post

NSV: Huge for me, I went to buy some basic black capris yesterday, and I NO LONGER and a plus sized girl...purchased them in the "regular" section of the store. I haven't done that EVER in my life. I am proud of this body and the transformations it has taken in a month on IP. Can't wait to see the results.

So happy for you! WTG!!!
Old 05-14-2011, 12:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 224/204/140

Height: 5'6

Down 20 lbs as of today on my scale! My coach's scale and mine are the same so it is nice to see where I stand at day 40! I can't complain!!! I'm so thankful for this diet!
Old 05-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #10  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!!

I had WI yesterday and lost 4lbs! Horray! I'm getting closer to the weight I was before Hawaii. Just a bit more to go.

Today I have a lot of homework to do, and tonight I'm attending my husband and moms MS Pub Night. They are having pizza and salad. I'll eat before I go and bring a snack with me, maybe even some WF salad packs if the salad is undressed and OK to eat.

I think the hardest thing for me lately is actually EATING. Can't believe it's true but I constantly forget to eat. I've been missing my 3rd IP/snack for the day.

Hubby is doing well & so is mom. Mom has lost 5lbs and hubby has lost almost 20lbs (this is since we started again, it's been 3 weeks on plan).

Anyways, hope everyone has a good day! Take care
Old 05-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp8275 View Post
Congrats!! I love Zumba and plan on starting up again once my classes end next week. I'm a little nervous about starting exercise up again, but I'd like to tone up and I feel better afterwards...so, we'll see!
Going to lunch at my favorite pizza place in the whole wide world...and I'm getting a salad I'm not really that sad. I've been doing great and don't want to jeopardize it! Have a great weekend everyone!
You know, it doesn't break my heart to go to restaurants and order OP. I don't think twice about it anymore!! Isn't that a great feeling?!

Quote:
WOW, another great loss! Congrats!

Quote:

Congrats on the NSV! I still find myself heading to the plus section of the stores, then I remember that I don't belong there anymore!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltaylor716 View Post
Down 20 lbs as of today on my scale! My coach's scale and mine are the same so it is nice to see where I stand at day 40! I can't complain!!! I'm so thankful for this diet!
Congrats on hitting 20 lbs!
Old 05-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Saturday everyone!

It's a miserable rainy day today and I'm stuck home alone with my kids while my husband works noon to midnight. My daughter had Occupational Therapy this morning an then my DH left for the day. I made them lunch and while I was cleaning up, my daughter broke my keyboard drawer and scribbled on my monitor! My first thoughts were: "can I binge now?" but I did not! I made a cup of "Forever Nuts" tea. It is one of my favs because of the name and the taste!

I've been taking Floralax (one last night and one just after lunch) and it is working... maybe I didn't gain after all.

Question: How many grams of carbs per day is the max we should have on IP? (Just curious)

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Thank you for opening the thread! You do look great! WTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Thanks... Great new profile pic...
How is your son doing? Did you get any work done yesterday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp8275 View Post
You have got this down pat! You are inspiring me!

Quote:
That is awesome! I didn't even get 7# on my first week! Way to go!

Quote:

What a wonderful NSV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltaylor716 View Post
Great work! Way to go!
I am very thankful for this diet too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Hello everyone!!

I had WI yesterday and lost 4lbs! Horray! I'm getting closer to the weight I was before Hawaii. Just a bit more to go.

Today I have a lot of homework to do, and tonight I'm attending my husband and moms MS Pub Night. They are having pizza and salad. I'll eat before I go and bring a snack with me, maybe even some WF salad packs if the salad is undressed and OK to eat.

I think the hardest thing for me lately is actually EATING. Can't believe it's true but I constantly forget to eat. I've been missing my 3rd IP/snack for the day.

Hubby is doing well & so is mom. Mom has lost 5lbs and hubby has lost almost 20lbs (this is since we started again, it's been 3 weeks on plan).

Anyways, hope everyone has a good day! Take care
You are all doing so great! I love how prepared you are for the outing! Sadly, I don't think I will ever forget to eat...
Old 05-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

You are AWESOME girl!!!!! Keep all of your hard work! I'm so proud of you!
Old 05-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #14  
Started IP 2/15/11

S/C/G: 328/265/180

Height: 5' 9.5"

Haven't been here for a while because I was feeling discouraged. I know that 43 pounds is an accomplishment, and then I look at how much there is left to go. I was down 3lbs at Wi yesterday. So the scale is finally moving again.

Spent 2 hours last Saturday cleaning out my closet and chest of drawers of clothes that no longer fit. Have them ready to go to consignment/ donation.

I have had a real sit down with myself and recommited to the process. I can use any and all support from the folks here who understand. How do you keep going when it gets tough?

Last edited by smpnew; 05-14-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #15  
IP Started 10 May 2011

S/C/G: 150/132/95

Height: 5'

Happy Weekend fellow IPer's...mine is not off to a great start food wise. I tried the soy patty mix for lunch today and it was flat out terrible, dry, mealy..just plain ole yucky!! It was quite hard to eat while the other half had lasagna and soda But he is very supportive of my diet and I have to be understanding of his diet as well. He is Type 1 diabetic and has no body fat at all so going into ketosis for him is a trip to the hospital.He does eat the same meal with me everynight which is really great Going to spend the weekend cleaning the house with the crummy weather out and planning out my next week's worth of meals and getting excited about my first weigh in on Tuesday! Everyone have a great weekend and congrats on all the SV and NSV!!!!
Closed Thread