IP Weekend Chat ~ May 14 & 15, 2011 - Page 8 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:39 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 148/132.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by korsstubbe View Post
I've been on IP since Feb 1st and happy with my results. Today is my 18th Wedding Anniversary. So I put my wedding dress on to surprise my husband. I was the one surprised--it was TOO BIG!
That's wonderful! You should be so proud of your achievement.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #107  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

does anyone know if "chicken bacon" is a no no? I am going to have brunch with some family next weekend and they always do bagels and cream cheese, (I actually don't miss this, strangely enough even though it is one of my fav foods.) lox (smoked salmon) and chicken bacon with eggs. I was wondering if I could eat the chicken bacon?
Old 05-15-2011, 10:55 PM   #108  
Started IP May 1, 2011

S/C/G: 200/186/140

Height: 5'4"

Yay awesome job - good for you!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:21 PM   #109  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygal View Post
It sure has been quiet on here the last few days. I wanted to thank the gals who commented on my post, I was afraid I had come on too strong or sounded gruff.....but I'm glad there's a few who feel like I do about this great diet. 2riderollercoast.....like you, I researched this thing to death, which I tend to do most things. I also took the word of my chiropractor, who I know wouldn't have offered it through his clinic without it being on the up and up....that's just the way he is.....and he even ran a beta program with himself included in it before offering it to everyone. And, like you, I wanted to be healthy afterward because that's the road I was trying to walk. Lace & Levis, you've only recently started on this journey and it has to be discouraging to hear constant talk about planned cheats and using alternatives when the daily threads should be more focused on IP. I'm not one of the experienced ones who's had huge success but I did lose 30 lbs. in a couple of months and I'm off right now because I'm going to Haiti for a week next Tues. I wanted to be able to enjoy the fresh fruit there, the staple there is beans & rice and I also wanted to be able to experience different foods. I'll start back OP when I get back and finish the rest of what I want to lose....and the beauty is that I know it'll work.

smpnew.....please don't give up this program.....you've done tremendous so far! 45 lbs. in 2 1/2 months (not sure when you started in Mar.) is awesome.....and even though you have a large long-term goal...the best thing to do is break it up into smaller goals.....meet it and move on to another smaller one. Food addiction is just like any other addiction.....and we need to look at it that way. Just like they say in AA....one day at a time....and sometimes those days get broken down into hours, minutes or even seconds. If we can look at it like that, it's an easier pill to swallow. Hang in there and keep coming here to read and gather encouragement.

One other thing.....I still haven't figured out all the different rules from different coaches but I've been able to have 1 restricted a day from the beginning. I have chosen the bars for mine and it's a great treat to have it in the middle of the afternoon. From what I've read on here from others, we need some carbs to function and most people find they seem to help them with the weight loss. I consistently lost every week, both pounds and inches and relished my bar every afternoon. But we need to do what our coaches suggest as they've been trained by someone along the way. I'd just like to be able to figure out why so many are trained differently, even in the same country. Have a great rest of the weekend!

Hugs,

Mary
have a great week Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannymae32 View Post
Way to go! And to everyone that is following the program 100% and seeing the weight come off, congratulations!

I was actually beginning to wonder if this was a forum for "learning how to cheat" whining about food, or obsessing about the lack of food. and moaning about the cost.

I came here because some freinds doing the program said it was a great forum for info and encouragement. I have seen great success on this diet with others and I have seen a great deal of encouragement and wonderful news. These are the posts I too choose to look at.

Is there another place for the cheat, alternatives and IP expenses?

Or maybe ther is just another topic I am missing for just great info, encouragement. If I picked the wrong topic then please point me in the right direction.
Good Evening, I don't have a problem with people using alternatives as I have looked at using them myself, it is a great commitment of money. I welcome all IP people that includes the alternative people as they are doing this on their own except for this forum... they are far braver then me.
I agree that the cheats and complaining were getting me down and I feel sorry for those that are having such a bad time. I really want this to work for me, so all support is great. I am thinking that maybe we all need to work together to figure out how to better help each other so people can help each other from cheating.... I haven't cheated yet but basically I am a big chicken and once I am on a program I don't wave... I guess I am lucky that way. I hope everyone does great on IP as I have had great examples of the success here and hope to celebrate with everyone every ones HIGHS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I have to say, hearing that I have no business being worried about the cost of this program makes me angry. My husband is a firefighter and I'm a stay at home Mom. We don't make a lot of money so $440 a month just on little packets is a lot. If people who are doing the same program with different products aren't allowed on the boards, well I don't know what I'm to do for support. I quit my coaches because I cannot afford this program but I want to be healthy. I haven't "cheated" on this program other than extra bars. I've remade the commitment to stay OP and I have.

I guess I just wasn't willing to sacrifice my daughter's 4th birthday party or being able to afford a kiddy pool or being able to afford clothes once I've lost out of the sizes I have. My whole family having to sacrifice so I can be at a healty weight is not fair to them.
I for one didn't think you shouldn't be here you are doing so awesome. Keep it up, and congrats on the size 10, I am still dreaming for that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
NSV for me today. I went shopping, and thought I would try on size 10's to see how close I was. And to my surprise, they fit!!! Unfortunately, this started a shopping frenzy, with me trying on half the store, and I ended up spending a little more than I had planned. But I am on cloud nine! I haven't wore a size 10 in more than 15 years. I didn't think I would be in a 10 until I was in the 150's, so I may see a size 8 before this is over.
Congrats great job. I am still dreaming of fitting into size 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
Do any of my fellow Canadians know if IP To Go is available in Canada? Having trouble with my clinic because they don't always have product in and we have even pre-purchased food and not had it delivered in the week we needed it etc. Very frustrating when you're trying so hard to stay OP.
I don't think it is available in canada, I also would suggest trying another clinic for the products. Hopefully you can find another one close to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by korsstubbe View Post
I've been on IP since Feb 1st and happy with my results. Today is my 18th Wedding Anniversary. So I put my wedding dress on to surprise my husband. I was the one surprised--it was TOO BIG!
Oh I love stories like this, I am so happy for you. That is great and congrats on your anniversary.

After not a great WI friday, I have had a great weekend walking my dogs and working in the yard. I went Saturday shopping at goodwill for some clothing and found a couple pairs of jeans (thank goodness I can wear Jeans at work). Didn't see any shirts I liked so I wait. I am so thankful for PEGSI for telling me about Roper road...

Has anyone heard from Pegsi? I haven't heard from her in a while.

NSV - well I haven't been talking to my family about my diet, didn't want to bother them and wanted to surprise them.
My brother called today asked me about it actually so I told him how I was doing and he said he was very proud of me. Kind of funny coming from him but it was nice. I wanted to just show up and see what they would say but... oh well they will still be shocked at what they will see I hope.

Hope everyone has a great sunday night.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:14 AM   #110  
Started IP May 1, 2011

S/C/G: 200/186/140

Height: 5'4"

Thats great - good for you. Is Roper Road a store in Edmonton?
Old 05-16-2011, 01:08 AM   #111  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Thank you for your support! It does feel awesome having that control.

Hubs & moms MS bike tour group made $4500 yesterday!! They are over $10,000!!! Their group, "Eiffel off my bike," is in the top 10 fundraisers for theMS bike tour. Very proud of them.

In other news, I found more IP products I'm addicted to! The IP wildberry yogurt shake and the BBQ ridges are soooooo delicious.
Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I started IP again. My first round lasted 3 1/2 months. I'm just happy I'm back on plan and feeling good.

Have a good night everyone! Take care.
Closed Thread