IP Weekend Chat ~ May 14 & 15, 2011 - Page 5 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygal View Post
It sure has been quiet on here the last few days. I wanted to thank the gals who commented on my post, I was afraid I had come on too strong or sounded gruff.....but I'm glad there's a few who feel like I do about this great diet. 2riderollercoast.....like you, I researched this thing to death, which I tend to do most things. I also took the word of my chiropractor, who I know wouldn't have offered it through his clinic without it being on the up and up....that's just the way he is.....and he even ran a beta program with himself included in it before offering it to everyone. And, like you, I wanted to be healthy afterward because that's the road I was trying to walk. Lace & Levis, you've only recently started on this journey and it has to be discouraging to hear constant talk about planned cheats and using alternatives when the daily threads should be more focused on IP. I'm not one of the experienced ones who's had huge success but I did lose 30 lbs. in a couple of months and I'm off right now because I'm going to Haiti for a week next Tues. I wanted to be able to enjoy the fresh fruit there, the staple there is beans & rice and I also wanted to be able to experience different foods. I'll start back OP when I get back and finish the rest of what I want to lose....and the beauty is that I know it'll work.

smpnew.....please don't give up this program.....you've done tremendous so far! 45 lbs. in 2 1/2 months (not sure when you started in Mar.) is awesome.....and even though you have a large long-term goal...the best thing to do is break it up into smaller goals.....meet it and move on to another smaller one. Food addiction is just like any other addiction.....and we need to look at it that way. Just like they say in AA....one day at a time....and sometimes those days get broken down into hours, minutes or even seconds. If we can look at it like that, it's an easier pill to swallow. Hang in there and keep coming here to read and gather encouragement.

One other thing.....I still haven't figured out all the different rules from different coaches but I've been able to have 1 restricted a day from the beginning. I have chosen the bars for mine and it's a great treat to have it in the middle of the afternoon. From what I've read on here from others, we need some carbs to function and most people find they seem to help them with the weight loss. I consistently lost every week, both pounds and inches and relished my bar every afternoon. But we need to do what our coaches suggest as they've been trained by someone along the way. I'd just like to be able to figure out why so many are trained differently, even in the same country. Have a great rest of the weekend!

Hugs,

Mary
I'm really excited for you! I hope you have a great time in Haiti. I had a friend that went there on a religious retreat to help those in need and she had a wonderful time. She said she loved the food! It's a lot of fun to travel the world and experience new cultures.

I'm TOM (no excuse really) and was having a bad couple of days. It seemed like everywhere I went someone was complaining about something or someone. Living with all the depressing rain and gloominess of Washington seems to be putting people in a bad mood around her. I'm sorry to have complained on this forum. Like you I'd just like to be able to figure out why so many are trained differently, even in the same country. I am very fortunate because my coach seems to be so knowledgable and everyone in the entire doctor's office have been very consistent. Something I've taken for granit.

I hope you are able to enjoy your entire trip and remember I'll want to hear about it when you get back. Have fun my friend!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:22 AM   #62  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
I do recall, no diet sodas and wondered how could that be so bad? However, I just realized I have to go back and get a little honest on my daily journal and add some.

I went on a blind date last night and met at a bar. I haven't drank in years, so I had about 3 diet cokes. It's just an old habit of wanting a drink in my hand, when I'm in a bar setting. I think that brings my total number to about 5 since starting IP on 12/29.
Hi! I was wonderfing... would a club soda fit the bill here? I don't think they're as bad a 'diet sodas'. If you had it with a piece of lemon or lime, it would look good, too. Hope the blind date went well.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 225/189/140

Wahoo, week 2 down and is recorded! Bring on week 3! I would really like to be under 200 by the end of the month....so we'll see...OP is the only way I am going to get there! Good Luck to all my new chickeroos on this website! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannymae32 View Post
Way to go! And to everyone that is following the program 100% and seeing the weight come off, congratulations!

I was actually beginning to wonder if this was a forum for "learning how to cheat" whining about food, or obsessing about the lack of food. and moaning about the cost.

I came here because some freinds doing the program said it was a great forum for info and encouragement. I have seen great success on this diet with others and I have seen a great deal of encouragement and wonderful news. These are the posts I too choose to look at.

Is there another place for the cheat, alternatives and IP expenses?

Or maybe ther is just another topic I am missing for just great info, encouragement. If I picked the wrong topic then please point me in the right direction.
Thank you sweetheart! It is wonderful to hear your refreshing comments!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:29 AM   #65  

[QUOTE=Lace and Levis;3850600]I'm TOM (no excuse really) and was having a bad couple of days. It seemed like everywhere I went someone was complaining about something or someone. Living with all the depressing rain and gloominess of Washington seems to be putting people in a bad mood around her. I'm sorry to have complained on this forum. Like you I'd just like to be able to figure out why so many are trained differently, even in the same country. I am very fortunate because my coach seems to be so knowledgable and everyone in the entire doctor's office have been very consistent. Something I've taken for granit.[QUOTE]

I don't think there is any need to apologize for complaining. Many of us have done this and when we do, we are seeking the support of our peers or from those who have had similar experiences. Life is not all rosey, my friend, and being on this diet is not the easiest thing to do at times. I would personally get pretty sick of hearing how rosey everything was because then I'd really begin to wonder, "What's wrong with ME?" I have learned so much from this group from retaining water and depression to constipation and everything in between. If I hadn't read about things like this I would have been really worried because then I'd feel like I was the ONLY one having these problems.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #66  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

I don't know if this information has been posted already, but I thought I'd share. Thank you for your patience if it's redundant.

I had a meeting with a different coach this week. That's the third one from this clinic, and I have to say they are all super great! I'm lucky! So if your in Seattle, a shout out for Ideal Protein at Alliance Healing Arts on Eastlake!

Anyway, she noticed my food journals I submitted were on Google spreadsheets I created. So she suggested I use the mobile version of MyFitnessPal. Having a mobile app (Android, I think iPhone too) to log my meals on the fly and copy the same meals to other days, has made things extremely easier for me! They have about every food imaginable in the database. Including the nutritional info of all the Ideal Protein foods, and other brands like Whole Foods, etc.., You can also use the website interface at myfitnesspal.com and both the mobile and site sync. Oh yeah, it's free!

Doug
Old 05-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #67  

I am on week 4 and am experiencing the same thing that I've read about--I like to call it-- WLS (weight loss stall). I was so worried about this. I'm strictly on protocol (with alternate products at the suggestion of my doctor) and have not cheated-- not once! I was then reminded by someone on this forum (you know who you are and I love you for caring) that many others have this same experience. Gosh, had I remembered it, it would have saved me so many tears the other day!

Also-- I have been reading about water retention. If for some reason, you are retaining water, you can eat cucumbers (which certainly is on protocol) to help.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
Wahoo, week 2 down and is recorded! Bring on week 3! I would really like to be under 200 by the end of the month....so we'll see...OP is the only way I am going to get there! Good Luck to all my new chickeroos on this website! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!
Congrats on your success! I look forward to hearing more about week 3!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #69  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
Hi! I was wonderfing... would a club soda fit the bill here? I don't think they're as bad a 'diet sodas'. If you had it with a piece of lemon or lime, it would look good, too. Hope the blind date went well.
I just copied the following from the Ideal Protein FAQs. I drink Talking Rain soda water all the time at work. It is free of the phosphoric acid indicated below.

"All diet drinks (i.e. sugar-free, carb-free) are NOT contraindicated on the Ideal Protein Diet. The problem that can arise is imbalances in acid / base regulation. Our protocol is very alkaline and this is why we do not see complications common to other "protein type diets", namely kidney stones, gout, bone spurs, etc. Some diet drinks (Crystal Light for example) are mixed with water and these are acceptable. Many others (flavored Aqua-fina, Dasani, etc.) contain alot of phosphoric acid. This is a very strong acid and will play havoc with the body's bicarbonate buffering system. The same goes for diet sodas...particularly the "brown ones"...Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, root beer, etc.). Flavored seltzers are usually OK, just read the label and make sure it is carb-free and contains no phosphoric acid. Carbonated beverages contain CO2 which, when dissolved in water becomes carbonic acid, a weak acid (unlike phosphoric). To have a glass of these occasionally would not be a problem, but consuming large amounts (like in place of the 2 liters of water per day) would not be a good idea.The pH of Perrier is about 5.7, weakly acidic. Our protocol provides so many health benefits besides weight loss, it would be a shame to compromise some of the benefits by consuming these products. Acid / base balance plays a major role in
physiology, particularly in such conditions as osteoporosis, gout, "hardening of the arteries", and a more acidic blood does not carry oxygen as well. Using sugar-free, carb-free drinks and diet sodas will not compromise your weight loss (providing you drink extra water if these drinks contain caffeine, remember an extra cup of water for every cup of coffee you drink, same thing here) the dieter who chooses to use these products alot, will not receive all of the wonderful benefits of the program."
Old 05-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
I don't know if this information has been posted already, but I thought I'd share. Thank you for your patience if it's redundant.

I had a meeting with a different coach this week. That's the third one from this clinic, and I have to say they are all super great! I'm lucky! So if your in Seattle, a shout out for Ideal Protein at Alliance Healing Arts on Eastlake!

Anyway, she noticed my food journals I submitted were on Google spreadsheets I created. So she suggested I use the mobile version of MyFitnessPal. Having a mobile app (Android, I think iPhone too) to log my meals on the fly and copy the same meals to other days, has made things extremely easier for me! They have about every food imaginable in the database. Including the nutritional info of all the Ideal Protein foods, and other brands like Whole Foods, etc.., You can also use the website interface at myfitnesspal.com and both the mobile and site sync. Oh yeah, it's free!

Doug
I hadn't read that before, but I'm going to check it out. I keep a food journal to keep myself honest. Great idea, Doug. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:43 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

I figured out a way to make the soy patty not taste like sawdust. I mixed the mix with the water (was out of milk) and 2 eggs and scrambled it seasoning with garlic and onion powder, salt. Then I put some WF ketchup on top. I've been having extra protein every day I do more than just sit and work. I am gardening this afternoon and then flying out to Atlanta this evening so I need the extra protein today. My coach actually recommend this-the extra protein- a couple of visits ago because I was losing muscle mass too quickly. Last official weight-in it definitely helped as I gained some back (1 lb) instead of losing 3-4 pounds of muscle!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #72  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Going into week three. I didn't lose any weight today, but I did overdo it on the carbs yesterday. I am back on my game. Today will be having lobster for dinner, so that should be good. On to week 3. I have been enjoying my recommitted time.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
I'm am so proud of you! This program really works and I love it! You go girl!!!!!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Hello IP"ers how is Sunday...I hope your all getting up and dusting off the winter...to those of you with all the floods my heart and prayers go out to you...
Well I'm going to go outside and play in the yard...check my Hummingbird feeders the birdbath and enjoy the beautiful day...Also a little chicken and veggies on the grill tonight..yummy...
Old 05-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Sunday everyone!

It's STILL raining today but my DH is home today and just not being alone with everything is a great relief! I've been lazy and am still in jammies... and it feels great!

I am staying OP and doing well. My weight is creeping back down to where it was. I measured my waist, neck and hips, on someone's suggestion, and I seem to have lost inches, so I am not too unhappy (maybe I did gain some muscle with the added physical activity) but I must admit that I care a bit more about the numbers on the scale than the inches (although they certainly do matter too).

I did really well yesterday. I didn't binge (as you know) but I also didn't lose my temper or get upset. I did not cheat, or take Ativan, or have alcohol. I was patient and kind. I cooked, I baked for the kids and when my son wished DH good night on the phone, he said: "Daddy, I had a wonderful day with my friend today" and I felt wonderful hearing that!

I am also starting to eat food much more slowly than I used to before IP. I used to eat so fast (conditioning from having jobs with very short lunch breaks for many years, even though that is no longer the case). It would take a lot of food to register what I've had and to feel satisfied. I am fuller on far less now. This diet is so restrictive that I really want to enjoy every bite (especially when it's a bar or something that I like).

Quote:
Originally Posted by evasmom View Post
It is my birthday today and I had one mini cupcake! I am so proud of myself lol. No large cake left over and no guilt. I did not even have anything off plan other than the cupcake. Tomorrow I am fully back on plan. I know I might gain a little for the cupcake but I did not want to feel deprived on my birthday.
Happy birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I hope today is a better day for you...

He woke up yesterday and was not limping. That was a huge relief. I did get work done on Friday... Thanks for asking!

It was funny, actually. Normally I get nothing done when he is home sick. This was different, because he stayed on the couch all day. I got it a full day of work, granted with some interrptions and some time spent on "mute" while I was changing Netflix episodes of Wonder Pets and other things... Now I need to rewire him again so that he's not addicted to TV... How did that happen in one day!?

Thank you and I"m glad that your son is doing better and that you were able to accomplish the tasks you needed to (work). I am sure he will rewire easily enough with some fun activities!

Also, I wanted to say, you look mah-ve-lous! I love your new pics lately!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieHi View Post
Today is day 4 for me. Been struggling to get through a whole week on IP for quite awhile so I am feeling pretty good about getting to day 4 I have been going to bed early and chewing more gum between meals to get me through.

I bought some ketone strips to try and still no ketosis. I am curious to see how many days it takes me to get there. I really hope tomorrow is it (after 4 days on plan)!

My kids have lacrosse games today and I hope they don't get rained out because I eat so much better when I am busy and out of the house. Can't go to church because of the games so I will try to get to an early yoga class at the gym.

Have a great day!
I hate to say that if you are chewing gum, it may prevent ketosis. I've read on these boards that Dentine Fire and Spry gum are okay but that does not seem to be the case for me. ...and the Spry seems to upset my stomach too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Hello everyone! Gloomy Sunday here in Indiana. Yesterday was a great success for me as far as staying OP! The past few weekends I had skipped meals, supplements, etc. But I made a commitment to myself to be as good as I was in the beginning. I had all my packets at the right times, and took all my vitamins, drank plenty of water, and even got plenty of sleep!

All of this while having kinda a bad day with everything else. I had to work, and it just seemed like nothing really went right, and I was there twice as long as I had planned, and didn't complete the task that I went in for. It wasn't until this morning, that I really appreciated this. The old me would have made myself feel better with food or a couple drinks, but yesterday it wasn't an option.

Sugadiva said something in an earlier post about how good it feels to be in CONTROL. There were so many things that went wrong yesterday, that were beyond my control, but the one thing (staying OP) I did have control over was successful!

Here's to another successful day!
Sorry you had a bad day. I hope that today will be much better for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwitfat View Post
Happy Weekend everybody....It's raining here and we'll have rain all week!! I will def have to mow grass next weekend...LOL..

I've been at goal for a few weeks now after starting in late January. It took a while for me to get a good steady groove on...I almost quit a few times but stuck it out. I feel GREAT...so much energy and so few 'bad' days....I'm staying away from over the counter bars. I've found sugar alcohols are malitol (sp) which cause cravings. I find myself eating 4, 5 and sometimes 6 of the things. NOT GOOD for a craveaholic.

I can't figure out how to get signatures and what not on here....any help out there?
Way to go! For signatures, I think instructions are in the "User CP" menu.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-15-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Closed Thread