Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 09:31 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 158/137/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab McButterson View Post
Happy Weekend fellow IPer's...mine is not off to a great start food wise. I tried the soy patty mix for lunch today and it was flat out terrible, dry, mealy..just plain ole yucky!! It was quite hard to eat while the other half had lasagna and soda But he is very supportive of my diet and I have to be understanding of his diet as well. He is Type 1 diabetic and has no body fat at all so going into ketosis for him is a trip to the hospital.He does eat the same meal with me everynight which is really great Going to spend the weekend cleaning the house with the crummy weather out and planning out my next week's worth of meals and getting excited about my first weigh in on Tuesday! Everyone have a great weekend and congrats on all the SV and NSV!!!!
Hi Tab, Keep up the determination. It will get there. I love lasagna and especially soda....I found two sodas that you can have....Waist Watchers (not Weight Watchers) it is made with splenda and is caffeine free, comes in lots of yummy flavors in 2 liter bottles. Check your grocery store - if they don't have ask them to order it. http://adirondackbeverages.com/?TabId=74
These sodas are 4 for 5 bucks at my grocer same as the poisons containing aspartame. I also found Boylan - just as good but more expensive http://www.boylanbottling.com/
Old 05-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

My coach told me NO pop at all, it had to do with the ph levels in our stomaches. I wish coaches were all the same!
Old 05-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evasmom View Post
It is my birthday today and I had one mini cupcake! I am so proud of myself lol. No large cake left over and no guilt. I did not even have anything off plan other than the cupcake. Tomorrow I am fully back on plan. I know I might gain a little for the cupcake but I did not want to feel deprived on my birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, You are doing great - one little cupcake won't hurt.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
My coach told me NO pop at all, it had to do with the ph levels in our stomaches. I wish coaches were all the same!
I know, I went through a two coaches before I was really comfortable with number 3...she listens and gives encouraging advice. I don't drink soda all day - not even every day. But a treat now and then helps me get through. I'm at goal but still in phase 2. I'm not adhering strictly to the plan but still doing ok. I fight cravings and found the soda helps keep me off the bars...I also have to use flax meal - a lot of it - to stay regular. I'm adding it to my salad it's kinda like croutons - at least that's what I tell myself. LOL

Looks like you're doing great. Keep up the good work......
Old 05-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #50  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

After struggling with the upload of my new profile pic, I realized that it had actually uploaded and was just telling me that it had failed. Great... Wasted 15 minutes... Ugh!
Old 05-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

I have to say, hearing that I have no business being worried about the cost of this program makes me angry. My husband is a firefighter and I'm a stay at home Mom. We don't make a lot of money so $440 a month just on little packets is a lot. If people who are doing the same program with different products aren't allowed on the boards, well I don't know what I'm to do for support. I quit my coaches because I cannot afford this program but I want to be healthy. I haven't "cheated" on this program other than extra bars. I've remade the commitment to stay OP and I have.

I guess I just wasn't willing to sacrifice my daughter's 4th birthday party or being able to afford a kiddy pool or being able to afford clothes once I've lost out of the sizes I have. My whole family having to sacrifice so I can be at a healty weight is not fair to them.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #52  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Pxlkitty-
Maybe a waist of 15 minutes, but you look Marvelous!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

Could someone from the Washington DC area PM me if they are willing to see if I can get some packets from their clinic this coming Wednesday-Friday? I found out yesterday that I am traveling from today->May 27th without coming home and I don't have enough packets that don't require cooking to make it through coming back home AND then any packets to make it to my clinc next opening on the 31.

THANKS!!!!

Edit: thanks I got hooked up with enough to get me to my WI on the 31. I stock up because of stuff like this and was only short like 5 packets
Thanks Pxlkitty!!!

Last edited by gaya2081; 05-15-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #54  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I have to say, hearing that I have no business being worried about the cost of this program makes me angry. My husband is a firefighter and I'm a stay at home Mom. We don't make a lot of money so $440 a month just on little packets is a lot. If people who are doing the same program with different products aren't allowed on the boards, well I don't know what I'm to do for support. I quit my coaches because I cannot afford this program but I want to be healthy. I haven't "cheated" on this program other than extra bars. I've remade the commitment to stay OP and I have.

I guess I just wasn't willing to sacrifice my daughter's 4th birthday party or being able to afford a kiddy pool or being able to afford clothes once I've lost out of the sizes I have. My whole family having to sacrifice so I can be at a healty weight is not fair to them.
I was bothered by it as well, but I choose not to respond. I figure in the daily thread there will, and should be a Large variety of posts. The Yay me I did it post (cuz they are having a good day), the this is a hard day for me (cuz they are having a bad day), the I have a question post, etc.

In the world of creating new lifestyles there are going to be victories and there are going to be defeats! Each need to be talked about. Because no one wins a war without a small defeat here and there! And if we aren't here to encourage and share information so that we all can win this war..why are we here?

I hope that we are all in this together, and are here to support eachother through the good and the bad. Many ppl have contributed to the alternative thread, and that is extremely helpful for those of us that need it. Just because we aren't using the IP packets, does not mean we aren't following the diet, and going through the same things.

Thanks to those who are supportive!

I've learned a lot, and hope to continue learning and shrinking with you all
Old 05-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #55  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Those people who were complaining are just giving their opinion. I briefly read their posts and skip over posts like that as I feel they are non-productive. It is my understanding that these boards and the daily chats are support mechanisms. If that is true, then, just like real life, we share the good with the bad. If you are having problems and seeking support this is the place to be.

Please know that not everyone feels the way some may feel. We are all in this together. This is real life. Some days will be good days; some days we need the support of others. Personally I would find it totally depressing if I was the only one having occasional problems or not able to afford all the IP products. Hoorah for those who can afford going strictly IP. Those who can't should not be penalized to put into another group, because they aren't a member of THE group.

Just my opinion. Just know that I'm here and there are many of us who are here who understand exactly what you are going through. We are friendly, compassionate, and willing to share and help.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
After struggling with the upload of my new profile pic, I realized that it had actually uploaded and was just telling me that it had failed. Great... Wasted 15 minutes... Ugh!
Another lovely photo! You look great!!
Old 05-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 185/172/150

Quote:

I agree with you 100% April. IP products are expensive and talking about alternatives in this thread shouldn't be an issue at all. That's what this forum is for isn't it? Helping eachother through.

I do agree that all this talk about cheating is becoming a little too much. If you feel like cheating and need encouragememt to do so then please post here but if you want to tell us all that you ate this or that off plan, it should be done in the cheats thread so that people who don't want to be influenced by that don't have to see it.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #58  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Pxlkitty-
Maybe a waist of 15 minutes, but you look Marvelous!!!!!!
thank you. and I think you Freudian slip of "waist" is hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaya2081 View Post
Could someone from the Washington DC area PM me if they are willing to see if I can get some packets from their clinic this coming Wednesday-Friday? I found out yesterday that I am traveling from today->May 27th without coming home and I don't have enough packets that don't require cooking to make it through coming back home AND then any packets to make it to my clinc next opening on the 31.

THANKS!!!!
Perfect! I will send you a message. I go tomorrow in Chevy Chase, and was just thinking that I only really need 2 boxes... I am required to buy 3 boxes each week, so it's a deal! I will pm you now. You've (almost) got mail.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:24 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

Oh yes....and down 10 from my stats (because its weight at home unofficial weight because I am going 3 weeks without an official WI)

So a total (unofficial) loss of 30 lbs!!!!!

Now time to frantically do laundry and clean the house before I leave...because my husbands idea of clean and mine differ just a bit
Old 05-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #60  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
I do recall, no diet sodas and wondered how could that be so bad? However, I just realized I have to go back and get a little honest on my daily journal and add some.

I went on a blind date last night and met at a bar. I haven't drank in years, so I had about 3 diet cokes. It's just an old habit of wanting a drink in my hand, when I'm in a bar setting. I think that brings my total number to about 5 since starting IP on 12/29.
Closed Thread