Just Started

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: I just started the Ideal Protein Diet on Monday. So far I have lost 15 pounds. Today is the hardest yet.. I am craving pizza and ice cream badly.

My name is Vanessa and I am 31 yrs old. My husband is doing this diet too so hopefully we can stick with something.
    My best advice to get through cravings is to have something else that's allowed on the diet, but you also like. Steak, or fish, or your favorite veggies. Herbal tea with Truvia. Black coffee.

Also, think about that 15 pounds. How awesome is THAT? Totally worth suffering through a craving or two, right? Especially since there's another 15 right behind it. :-)
  • Wicked - I'm in Hattiesburg for the summer, but I go to State! When I come back in the fall, we should be weight loss buddies!! Don't think about pizza, think about how good it's gonna feel to be skinnier! Woo! You can do it! (Also, I love Wicked! Are you an Elphie or a Galinda? I'm such an Elphie!)
  • Quote: here's my list, although I admit I tweak it when I think of something else I want!

-7: pedicure
    -12: fake tan (spray)... I am WHITE WHITE WHITE and hate wearing shorts!
    -17: mani/pedi
    -22: haircut, bikini and brow wax
    -27: hair highlight?
    -32: massage (I have gift certificates)
    -37: expensive jeans/shoes/shirt (outfit)
    -42: tatoo/pierce (not sure on this one)
    I am considering a tattoo for final reward too! Hubby also said he'd take me on a shopping trip for new wardrobe. Supportive spouses rock!
  • Today was my first day. I totally thought today would be the easiest...so wrong! I have had a headache most of the day and feeling a little nauseous, don't know why. Biggest challenge is getting in all the water. The last few hours been craving carbs.....cake and bread
  • You can do it, Sweet! We all can - I was so sick my first week, I wrote love letters to cheese and bread and ice cream to distract myself. But then, I thought about how awesome it was going to be to actually weigh less than my boyfriend (I have a thing for skinny guys, hehe ) and I stuck with it! I just started my second week, and I still miss bread (he was a great friend, LOL) but I know I can do this, and if I can, so can you! It gets better, PROMISE. Stick with it!
  • Resisted bread and cake at a banquet I attended this evening, as well as the soda and popcorn being served during an earlier meeting. Thought about how my face has thinned out and how awesome it is to be losing the chipmunk cheeks. Makes saying no a little easier. The double chin is the next to go. :^)

W1:-5.4
  • Lost 3 inches from waist in second week!!! 10 pounds down in 13 days. Ordered a little something from Sephora to celebrate!

W1: -5.4 W2: -4.6
  • I started May 3 2011 and have lost 10.2 lbs. My biggest obstacle is finding the strength to be strong during get togethers where there is lots of food. Week 3 included 3 potlucks where I was not successful in self control. I paid for it on the scale and lost 2 oz. It was a good reality check and have been determined since. Here is hoping to strength.