3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Miracle Noodles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/232671-miracle-noodles.html)

GettingItOff 05-06-2011 06:09 PM

Miracle Noodles

I keep hearing about these on here and finally went to the website and ordered them. Please give me some ideas of what you do with them. And, are they really worth the money? They are expensive!!!

picky123 05-06-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GettingItOff (Post 3839378)
I keep hearing about these on here and finally went to the website and ordered them. Please give me some ideas of what you do with them. And, are they really worth the money? They are expensive!!!

Hello Gettingitoff

I have ordered these noodles and really enjoyed them along with the other in my house. I am a huge pasta lover and really enjoyed how the miracle noodles taste.

What I did with mine was Opened the packet and put the noodles in a strainer, ran cold water over them for 45-60 seconds.

I then put them into a pot of boiling water and boiled them for 60 seconds.

In a seprate pot I warmed a bottle of WF alfredo Sauce.
I then Sauted Chicken Breast that I had cooked the night before in a frying pan with a small amount of Coconut Oil, and some herbes and spices that are IP friendly. Once I had the chicken browned I added some of the Noodles, about half a packet and about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the WF Sauce.

Made sure the pasta was coated with sauce and served was a huge hit and tasted delicious.

A friend of mine tried to make the soup they have on the website and said it was delicious also just had to make a few modifications to make it IP friendly.

Hope this has helped out a little bit.:)

GettingItOff 05-06-2011 07:34 PM

Thank YOu!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by picky123 (Post 3839469)
Hello Gettingitoff

I have ordered these noodles and really enjoyed them along with the other in my house. I am a huge pasta lover and really enjoyed how the miracle noodles taste.

What I did with mine was Opened the packet and put the noodles in a strainer, ran cold water over them for 45-60 seconds.

I then put them into a pot of boiling water and boiled them for 60 seconds.

In a seprate pot I warmed a bottle of WF alfredo Sauce.
I then Sauted Chicken Breast that I had cooked the night before in a frying pan with a small amount of Coconut Oil, and some herbes and spices that are IP friendly. Once I had the chicken browned I added some of the Noodles, about half a packet and about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the WF Sauce.

Made sure the pasta was coated with sauce and served was a huge hit and tasted delicious.

A friend of mine tried to make the soup they have on the website and said it was delicious also just had to make a few modifications to make it IP friendly.

Hope this has helped out a little bit.:)

I was wondering how the WF Alfredo Sauce tasted! I saw the Vietnamese Soup recipe and it sounded so good! I love Pho so thought I might try that recipe after my noodles arrive. Thanks for your recipe too!

Maile 05-07-2011 10:40 AM

Have you tried these noodles in phase 1 and do you keep losing? They look wonderful.

coming40andfabulous 05-07-2011 01:45 PM

Can someone explain "Miracle Noodles" to me, what's in them and where they can be purchased?

GettingItOff 05-07-2011 03:29 PM

I Was Wondering Too!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by coming40andfabulous (Post 3840132)
Can someone explain "Miracle Noodles" to me, what's in them and where they can be purchased?

I kept hearing about them on this website and finally just googled them to see what they were. They have a website and if you just put in miracle noodles, it will come up, they basically are noodles, made from fiber with no carbs, calories, sugars, etc. The website can give you more info.

belmagick 05-07-2011 03:43 PM

Shirataki noodles are basically made from a type of japanese yam and they're mostly fibre and water, although they have a very chewy consistency-almost like really chewy jelly i guess. Buy them from an Asain food store, that miracle noodle site looks very expensive.

They're okay, I could never get them to work as a pasta subsititute but they worked well in stir frys for me.

Aunt Sheshie 05-08-2011 12:31 PM

I just ordered some through amazon... haven't tried them yet, but I'm looking forward to the experience!..

hugs :hug:

Emmcakes 05-10-2011 04:37 PM

As belmagick mentioned, Miracle Noodles are just overpriced shirataki noodles. You can find shirataki noodles in asian food stores, on Amazon, and in health food stores. Make sure that you buy white shirataki noodles (it will normally explicitly say "white"), not the tofu shirataki which have added calories and carbohydrates. The ones you are looking for will have 0 calories, 0 carbohydrates per serving.

wyoangel 05-11-2011 09:24 AM

LOVE! They are great! Picky123 nailed it with the directions. I too, like the WF Alfredo sauce (just don't use a ton!). I have used these for 6 months (about once a week) and have had no problem with WL!

bluemonday 05-14-2011 01:52 PM

They are fantastic for Asian dishes! I would totally get squicked out if I tried to eat them with western sauces because of the texture.

Just rinse them REALLY well to get rid of any fishy smell & don't over cook them or they will get rubbery. Just do everything in the pan, turn off the heat & add the noodles and stir to warm them.

mypinkpolkadot 05-14-2011 02:17 PM

How long should you boil them for? Cause i boiled mine for too long I think, they were completey chewy, and un edible D:

katiebeth7 05-14-2011 04:51 PM

I just had them in low-sodium chicken broth with some garlic and onion powder, a splash of soy sauce and a little chili garlic paste hot sauce. It did wonders to curb my carb cravings and put off my hunger! Weekends are the worst if I stay at home all day. (It's storming outside, so not a lot that I can do.) I get bored and used to sit around and snack all the time. I can see these being a good substitute on occasion.

I was able to find mine at my regular grocery store in the vegan section by the produce. Unfortunately, it's the kind made with tofu, and I didn't realize they were not the preferred type. I will definitely look for some at an Asian market, since I don't know if I want to order an entire box from online!

nerdigrrl 05-15-2011 01:09 PM

I've used the noodles for Vietnamese style lettuce wraps and found them to be just like the vermicelli rice noodles.

I grilled up marinated pork (garlic, lime juice, five spice, and fish sauce). then had a platter of pickled diakon (stevia, vinegar, water, garlic and salt) cucumber slices, cilantro, pickled red onion to stack in the lettuce leaves and drizzled with ngoc mam. Even though the noodles were basically undressed, I found them to be very satisfying. And I was so happy to finally get a fix of Vietnamese food. I'm even tempted to bring them to my favorite Pho place to drop them in my soup.

Aunt Sheshie 05-24-2011 04:05 PM

I finally tried 'em & have to say, not lovin' 'em... but I'm not a big pasta fan either, so guess I'll just keep them around for a little variety every now & then... next time, I'm gonna cut them up, they're way too long...

hugs :hug: