3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Help in Week 1 of Phase I (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/232632-help-week-1-phase-i.html)

mightynewmommy 05-06-2011 10:00 AM

Help in Week 1 of Phase I

Hi!! I am very discouraged on this diet. Started on Monday, but I'm so bloated that my rings are tight! I'm so irritable I can hardly stand to be around myself....and no I'm not cheating. I'm also drinking a ton of water. Maybe too much salt? Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do about it? I'm considering stopping this diet because I'm more bloated than I ever was on any other diet and my family does not deserve to be around the irritable ogre that I've become. I am an exercise enthusiast, and I definitely exercised too intensely on Monday and Wednesday. My nutritionist said that I could exercise at half the effort, so I probably overdid it. If I can't exercise, I won't know what to do with myself. It is an anxiety relief for me. I've tried everything....exercise, diet....and I can't lose weight!!!

shrinkingsusie 05-06-2011 10:44 AM

Hey,

Everyone is different in their first couple of weeks, but I want to tell you to hang in there! The first couple of weeks are the hardest as your body is trying to adjust to it's new way of eating. It pays off in the end!!

longhorn96 05-06-2011 03:19 PM

I am starting Monday so I can't say how my first week went. I would say to try and stick with it for at least 2-3 weeks. Give your body a chance to figure out what you're doing to it. But like any program, I suppose it isn't for everyone. Only you can know whether you can stick it out or not. I just want you to give it all you've got... don't want you to look back and think maybe you should have tried giving it a little longer. kwim?

phall8180 05-06-2011 03:45 PM

I am no way an expert, seeing as this is my 3rd week and weigh in is Monday!! Anywho.. my coach told me no working out for the first 2 weeks while our bodies get adjusted to the new way of eating. This week I was cleared too start exercising again, but lightly (light walking, light weights). I used to work out a lot, enjoy the break!
Also, the first week is bad...I was miserable! Keep at it, the 2nd week is much much better! Follow the plan to the T you will see results! I lost 10 pounds my 1st week and 3 pounds my second week and 6"! I am so excited to see my results for my 3rd week!!
This is a great forum and we are all here for you!! Keep up the good work & Good Luck!!
:)

vballmom 05-06-2011 03:48 PM

I first week is the toughest...sort of like boot camp. Hang in there. It gets easier! I've been on IP for 4 weeks...I feel GREAT! I sometimes forget to eat! Give it a least 2 weeks.

mightynewmommy 05-06-2011 07:05 PM

Thank you for all of the responses. I had an appointment with my medical doctor today and I will not be able to continue the diet for some medical and other reasons....but I do wish the best to those who are on the diet and hope that you all progress and are satisfied with the results! :-)