Doing it on my own???

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • Can you tell me where you buy the packets on line for $1.70 please? I pay $4.00/packet....it's very expensive. I pay almost $100.00/week. I want to stay with the diet...but I'm not a rich person :-(
  • Nashua Nutrition is a really good site.. they also give you free samples with your order :]

I buy zero carb whey protein from Netrition.com is 22.00 for 32 servings
  • I "went rogue" almost 7 weeks ago and here is a partial list of the alternatives I buy from Nashua Nutrition:
    Chocolate pudding (YUMMY!)
    Vanilla pudding (DH loves it)
    Chicken Noodle flavor soup (YUMMY!)
    Vegetable Beef flavor soup (YUMMY!)
    Bacon Cheese Omelet (YUMMY!)
    Spaghettini (DH really loves this stuff)
    Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal (YUMMY!!)
    Chocolate Shake (YUMMY!)
    Pink Lemonade liquid concentrate (really good with lots of ice)
    Fruit Punch liquid concentrate (very good)
    Wild Berry liquid concentrate (very good)
    Peach Mango liquid concentrate (very good)
    Health Smart Carmel Crunch bars (OMG..to die for!!)

My weight loss has not slowed down one bit since switching from IP products (that was my main concern). There is no way both my husband and I could afford to do this on IP products, but buying our stuff from Nashua Nutrition, we are doing. He has lost 25 lbs in 5 weeks.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do
  • Yes you can do the diet on your own! from day one I have done this diet on my own (with the help of the wonderful ladies on this site)

it all comes down to being motivated enough by yourself to stick with it. I myself have been in a slump for the past 3 weeks -- gained & lost the same two pounds - stuck with it and this morning I am down 2.8 lbs from my lowest weight.

I too use the Premier Protein shakes from Costco - the chocolate is amazing!
  • I have done this myself, too. Never stepped foot into an IP clinic. I read and read and read to make sure I am understanding everything correctly. I'm 8 weeks in and will probably be looking for more variation as I continue on longer, but right now I get by with buying nothing from Nashua, etc.

I use the EAS Carb Advantage RTD for breakfast and nighttime snack. I use a Pure Protein PB bar for my restricted at lunch and the rest is real food. I have been losing just fine this way.

I do, however, invest in all the supplements from PlainProtein. I know those are important and very specific and I figure if I am saving all this on food, I can spring for the supplements. It brings me security to know that I am getting the exact right supplements as they are so important.

Oh, and I did treat myself to a few Walden Farms items: BBQ sauce, mayo, and individual salad dressing packets for when I am out to eat. I also buy the WF salad dressing at the grocery store.

You can do it! Good luck.
  • Protidiet vs IP cost !!!!
    I will be switching to do it on my own in the next couple weeks. My coach is a nice gal, but way too expensive.. This site is amazing with all the help and information! thanks and will be chatting with you to give you progress.
  • I'm also doing all alternatives on my own. 3FC is fabulous for info. I'm 8 weeks in and come to this site many times a day. It is a lifesaver for me regarding info and motivation. This is the first time in 15 years that I have stuck to a diet this long. I also feel that I'm in the right "Brain" place to get it done. That has always been the battle for me.

I order from Diet Direct since they have free shipping on orders over $49.
  • Also, The Premier Protein Chocolate shakes are incredible. I have one every morning.
  • Quote: I am doing this on my own. I haven't even stepped into an IP clinic. I have reasearched enough to understand the process. GL with whatever you decide.
    Wow. Good for you! That's an incredible amount of discipline and I hope you are enjoying your success.
  • Quote: Can you tell me where you buy the packets on line for $1.70 please? I pay $4.00/packet....it's very expensive. I pay almost $100.00/week. I want to stay with the diet...but I'm not a rich person :-(
    I like teraswhey. You can buy it on amazon. It is sweetened with stevia and a very smooth protein shake.
  • I am also one that has never stepped into a clinic (I am a cheapskate) but online research and this fantastic board has made it pretty easy to be successful. With that said, if you are someone who needs another person to be accountable to in order to stay on course, I could see where a coach would be beneficial.
  • You are all my inspirations and I will be joining in going to alternatives due to cost. I wouldn't even consider it if it wasn't for your posts and successes.

Thanks,
  • Quote: I am also one that has never stepped into a clinic (I am a cheapskate) but online research and this fantastic board has made it pretty easy to be successful. With that said, if you are someone who needs another person to be accountable to in order to stay on course, I could see where a coach would be beneficial.
    My husband and I are starting Off IP as well and I am in the research mode. We have a kid in college and a high schooler and with both of us wanting to do this, I just can't afford nearly $800 a month PLUS the food for us to both do this.

We are about ready to start, I have a few items to order, etc.. Thanks everyone for posting all of this information, it's really a life saver.
  • Hello Susie i am on Ideal Protein now but the cost is getting to be to much for me to handle, I was wondering if you could help me with providing me with the list you came up with IP if i wanna try it on my own and also if you have any tips, tricks or advice you would like to share. Thanks in advance
  • Quote: Hello Susie i am on Ideal Protein now but the cost is getting to be to much for me to handle, I was wondering if you could help me with providing me with the list you came up with IP if i wanna try it on my own and also if you have any tips, tricks or advice you would like to share. Thanks in advance
    Unfortunately, I no longer have the list, as that was posted in 2010, but if you check out the more recent alternatives thread, it will show you everything to look for in an alternative product.

This time around, I am strictly using items from Costco, the premier protein shakes twice a day, and either a detour bar, pure protein bar or simply bar for snack.