Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 01:20 PM   #76  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaf373 View Post
Don't it.
Showed hubby your progress pics....he said you look amazing and should be so proud. What an accomplishment!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default Newbies

I had a PM that said the newbies are going crazy in the other thread. Atkins shakes, jello in their drinks. I'm not going to ***** at them again, I had my time in the sun last week trying to explain the whole deal to them. I kind of unloaded on them, guess it didn't help much.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #78  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Back from WI #14 down 4.2 lbs! hooray!! also chatted with my coach and she agrees that I should start phase 2 June 2 I have a end date!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
Back from WI #14 down 4.2 lbs! hooray!! also chatted with my coach and she agrees that I should start phase 2 June 2 I have a end date!
That is great news! An end date... I can only imaging, so jealous.
Are you planning on losing more in the future phases or are you close to goal?
Old 05-11-2011, 09:58 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
That is great news! An end date... I can only imaging, so jealous.
Are you planning on losing more in the future phases or are you close to goal?
My hope is to get down to 180 by June 2 and then hopefully loose a few more during phase two. Regardless I just feel like the time is approaching for me to be done!

Question tho does anyone know if you can do phase two in one week instead of two?? I would love love love to be completely phased off by June 18th due to a weekend trip....wondering if that is even possible
Old 05-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #81  

Quote:
My hope is to get down to 180 by June 2 and then hopefully loose a few more during phase two. Regardless I just feel like the time is approaching for me to be done!

Question tho does anyone know if you can do phase two in one week instead of two?? I would love love love to be completely phased off by June 18th due to a weekend trip....wondering if that is even possible
I don't know the answer to your question, I really haven't even read about phase 2 because I never thought I'd get this close to it! Is that one weekend that important to kick out of ketosis to you? I'm so afraid to get out of ketosis and gain all this weight back. I am going to be super careful when I get to that point.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:05 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
I don't know the answer to your question, I really haven't even read about phase 2 because I never thought I'd get this close to it! Is that one weekend that important to kick out of ketosis to you? I'm so afraid to get out of ketosis and gain all this weight back. I am going to be super careful when I get to that point.
I should already be out of ketosis at that point as even if I end up having to do phase two for two weeks I will have started phase three and will have started re-introducing carbs, BUT I definitely don't want to screw up the phasing out as I know how important it is to not gaining the weight back. Also what are you talking about you are getting close to your goal too!! you shoudl start looking at the other phases
Old 05-11-2011, 11:13 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Awesome! That is a big loss so close to the end - you must be thrilled! I'm starting Phase 3 that weekend since I have a trip planned at the end of June. REALLY hoping I'll be at or close to goal by then!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:17 PM   #84  

Quote:

Adrean, I've been reading everything I can find on phasing out, and it sounds like quite a few people on here, and some coaches, think one week on Phase 2 is enough. It makes sense, it's really not a big change.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:30 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
Adrean, I've been reading everything I can find on phasing out, and it sounds like quite a few people on here, and some coaches, think one week on Phase 2 is enough. It makes sense, it's really not a big change.
Oh happy day!! thank you so much for finding that out! and yes that does make sense it is not a big change from phase one Also congrats on phasing out soon yourself!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:40 PM   #86  

Quote:
Oh happy day!! thank you so much for finding that out! and yes that does make sense it is not a big change from phase one Also congrats on phasing out soon yourself!
I know, I can hardly believe we're getting to the end of this part. It's weird, though, the last few days I'm feeling SO ready to be done, but also kind of afraid to leave the 'safety' of Phase 1. But...I'm sure I'll get over that! LOL!

I'm also unsure of when to completely switch to Phase 2 (I've been having the occasional lunch with real protein). Part of me wants to stay with the packets as long as possible to maximize the weight loss before Phase 3, and the other part is SO tired of spending money on lunch packets, when there are such better things to spend it on...like NEW CLOTHES!!!

Last edited by blueandwhite; 05-11-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #87  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
I know, I can hardly believe we're getting to the end of this part. It's weird, though, the last few days I'm feeling SO ready to be done, but also kind of afraid to leave the 'safety' of Phase 1. But...I'm sure I'll get over that! LOL!

I'm also unsure of when to completely switch to Phase 2 (I've been having the occasional lunch with real protein). Part of me wants to stay with the packets as long as possible to maximize the weight loss before Phase 3, and the other part is SO tired of spending money on lunch packets, when there are such better things to spend it on...like NEW CLOTHES!!!
My coach said it is best to have the two 'real' protein meals during phase 2 to help your body adjust for phase 3. I always take what she says with a grain of salt because I don't trust her 100%, but I'm trying it. Some say they lose as much if not more in phase 2.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:57 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
My coach said it is best to have the two 'real' protein meals during phase 2 to help your body adjust for phase 3. I always take what she says with a grain of salt because I don't trust her 100%, but I'm trying it. Some say they lose as much if not more in phase 2.
Yeah, I'm leaning toward either starting phase 2 this weekend or next, which will give me either 2 or 3 weeks on it before phase 3 on June 3.

Are you on phase 2 now?
Old 05-12-2011, 09:16 AM   #89  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Everyone:

I am going to start hanging out with you ladies if you dont mind. Thanks Mary (mamarix1) for telling about this thread. I felt a little out of place on the Daily thread these days. Way too much talk about non kosher stuff mixing with IP. I spend way too much money for my supplements and IP stuff and I fully support IP and what it has done for me so far and do not cheat or do not play around with anything but IP products. I just need to hang out with some oldie but goodies that have been on the plan for many many months like me and follow it through and through that is the support I need right now in this journey. I dont want to be negative with newbie stuff since I was once there as well and they will figure it out themselves as to what works and what does not. But glad I found you guys and I hope you dont mind me joining in on this thread.

I am a little over 50 lbs to goal and have lost over 70 lbs so far on my journey. I am so ready for the end of the journey and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. But at the same time I am scared that I will screw up and put all the weight back on. That haunts me everyday to be honest.

Darbs question for you or anyone else.....I am heading to Napa in June and I want to go to a different phase of IP for that trip so that I can truly enjoy the experience there. How much time do I need to phase off for the trip? I was going to talk to my coach about this on Friday when i see him. Our trip is June 12 for a week.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:38 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I think most a coaches want 1-2 weeks on phase 2 and then 2 on phase 3.

Mine is trying to get me to move on, but I'm not quite done.

Note-in phase 2 you can replace the breakfast packet instead of lunch. I plan to do that as I love the soups and find they make a good, filling lunch!

Have a great day-i' off to the gym for a couple hours to burn some fat!
Closed Thread