Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #16  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Since January I have only lost 21 pounds but I was a size 12 at Christmas and a large top and 40DD bra. So even though it has only been 21 pounds...I went to a size 8 pants (starting to get loose) and medium top (some too loose) and a 36C bra (hubby says don't lose any more here please).
My hubby has the same request...

Quote:
So they look at you and say no more, but when you confess your weight they say go ahead. So many people really judge purely by the number on the scale.
This is SO true. My dad asked me how much I weighed last night after I told him I has lost 27 lbs so far... I just said "I'm almost in a size 10." He replied. "I don't know what that means. How much do you weigh?". I said "Ask mom." She was amazed!!

My neighbor told me to aim for 140. No rhyme or reason, just that she thinks I can do that. WTH??? I think people think they are being helpful, when in reality they are just spitting out words...

I'm really dense and I don't look good once I hit a size 6/4... that's too skinny for me (oh what distant memories those are of being 18)... I got a lot of inspiration visiting mybodygallery dot com. There are a few women on there between 5'5" and 5'6" who weigh either 150 or 155 and LOOK amazing. That is my new goal. To look amazing! And I will.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #17  

Quote:
Alright girls let's get this task done
I wanna too! (Jumping up and down with delight) I am not anywhere near phasing off but I want to do the spread sheet too. Yippee.... 1 more way for me to be accountable! Have a fantastic Friday. I will add to the spread sheet once I get home.

Last edited by angelbeliever; 05-06-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #18  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Why are the last pounds so hard? I know a bunch of people who lost just as fast at the end the only difference is our resolve.

I have been very perfect except for some (1 tsp) of cream in my coffee several times a day....I seem to want more coffee to keep me full and not thinking about other food.

I want to be done so bad...it is all I think about.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Darbs, I'm so feeling this! For the first time since those first few weeks, I'm starting to get really discouraged. I just want to be done! I'm less than ten pounds from where I need to be, but things are really slowing down. I could handle the 1-1.5 lb losses when they were always followed by a 4, but that's just not happening any more. I'm worried that by 'trying harder', going bootcamp or whatever, I'm setting myself up for even more frustration. I keep thinking about a very wise statement made recently (can't remember who) that the only thing we can control is what we put in our mouths, not how long the process takes.

So, I'm torn between sticking with the dates I set for phase 2& 3, no matter what, or just plodding along till I see the number I want.

I'd love to know everyone's thoughts.

Kelly
Old 05-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
Darbs, I'm so feeling this! For the first time since those first few weeks, I'm starting to get really discouraged. I just want to be done! I'm less than ten pounds from where I need to be, but things are really slowing down. I could handle the 1-1.5 lb losses when they were always followed by a 4, but that's just not happening any more. I'm worried that by 'trying harder', going bootcamp or whatever, I'm setting myself up for even more frustration. I keep thinking about a very wise statement made recently (can't remember who) that the only thing we can control is what we put in our mouths, not how long the process takes.

So, I'm torn between sticking with the dates I set for phase 2& 3, no matter what, or just plodding along till I see the number I want.

I'd love to know everyone's thoughts.

Kelly
Not sure what dates you have set. But I have resigned to setting a date. I am going to phase 2 after Memorial Day weekend and then I am going to phase 3 on June 13th. I will be in maintenance for the summer and if I feel I need to lose more I will attempt it in the fall or January of next year (the two boring months)
Old 05-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 232/172/160

Height: 5"11

Darbs,
I'm feeling your pain!

I would like to join in with you. I have 12 to "normal weight" plus more to goal but I am so grinding my teeth to not be overweight!!!!
Old 05-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by k15g15 View Post
Darbs,
I'm feeling your pain!

I would like to join in with you. I have 12 to "normal weight" plus more to goal but I am so grinding my teeth to not be overweight!!!!
Did you put your stats on the spreadsheet? It is on the first page of this thread. We can all help each other get this done. I swear every minute at this point is lasting a lifetime. I have 15 to a healthy BMI, but would love to lose another 5-10 more. But I am just going to focus on those 15 right now.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #23  

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...&hl=en#gid=0re is the spreadsheet again
Old 05-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #24  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

@Darbs....lay OFF the coffee....even if it is decaf...try replacing 2 coffees with water....I betcha that does the trick! I try to avoid it, because I have found if I have coffee for breakfast, I don't even come close to finishing my day's water!
Old 05-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

I understand how most of you are feeling, I only have about 4 more lbs to lose to my goal weight and I am thinking of going even lower to about 135 because of my BMI. At 140, I'll be at the higher end of the BMI scale. I agree with Juice because the BMI doesn't take into account the fact that everyone has a different body! My weight loss is slowing down and I am not sure how much longer I can stay in this phase. I am getting bored with the food I am eating. I am looking forward to introducing other foods back into my diet.
At the same time I am also worried about falling back into the same old bad habits and just picking up and eating whatever because it is convenient.
I think we're all still travelling the same road headed for the same destination....a smaller, healthier, happier person!! We are all doing a fantastic job, we just need to keep plugging along and think about the destination!!
Good luck everyone!!
Old 05-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Why are the last pounds so hard? I know a bunch of people who lost just as fast at the end the only difference is our resolve.

I have been very perfect except for some (1 tsp) of cream in my coffee several times a day....I seem to want more coffee to keep me full and not thinking about other food.

I want to be done so bad...it is all I think about.
Me too, I have a Tim's coffee with one cream a couple of times a week. Otherwise, I use a drop of milk in my tea or coffee.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #27  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

I'm going to join you guys, too, but I do have a specific plan in place. I've decided to be on maintenance by 6/9/11, so that gives me another week of phase 1, 2 of phase 2 and 2 of phase 3. I am going to then come back if I decide to revise my goal down the road.

Like many of you I'm ready to get on with life, but I'm 1- nervous about how I'll do and 2- not completely sure I'm exactly where I want to be long term.

I figure I'll go through with this part of the plan and then figure out what is next. Hopefully the next 5 weeks will take me to my original goal.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
@Darbs....lay OFF the coffee....even if it is decaf...try replacing 2 coffees with water....I betcha that does the trick! I try to avoid it, because I have found if I have coffee for breakfast, I don't even come close to finishing my day's water!

Do you think there are any other problems with coffee...I still get all the water in...I drink 36 ounces of water before breakfast and another 36 throughout the afternoon and then another 20-36 throughout the evening very faithfully. The coffee keeps me from snacking or eating anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post
I understand how most of you are feeling, I only have about 4 more lbs to lose to my goal weight and I am thinking of going even lower to about 135 because of my BMI. At 140, I'll be at the higher end of the BMI scale. I agree with Juice because the BMI doesn't take into account the fact that everyone has a different body! My weight loss is slowing down and I am not sure how much longer I can stay in this phase. I am getting bored with the food I am eating. I am looking forward to introducing other foods back into my diet.
At the same time I am also worried about falling back into the same old bad habits and just picking up and eating whatever because it is convenient.
I think we're all still travelling the same road headed for the same destination....a smaller, healthier, happier person!! We are all doing a fantastic job, we just need to keep plugging along and think about the destination!!
Good luck everyone!!
At this point I don't think I will fall into old habits...I am so aware after almost 9 months. But you never know. I just need to get to maintenance but I so bad want to be a minimum of 10 pounds lighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
I'm going to join you guys, too, but I do have a specific plan in place. I've decided to be on maintenance by 6/9/11, so that gives me another week of phase 1, 2 of phase 2 and 2 of phase 3. I am going to then come back if I decide to revise my goal down the road.

Like many of you I'm ready to get on with life, but I'm 1- nervous about how I'll do and 2- not completely sure I'm exactly where I want to be long term.

I figure I'll go through with this part of the plan and then figure out what is next. Hopefully the next 5 weeks will take me to my original goal.
good plan
Old 05-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Not sure what dates you have set. But I have resigned to setting a date. I am going to phase 2 after Memorial Day weekend and then I am going to phase 3 on June 13th. I will be in maintenance for the summer and if I feel I need to lose more I will attempt it in the fall or January of next year (the two boring months)
Our dates are similar; June 3 for Phase 3, & if I follow protocol that means Phase 2 by May 20 (2weeks from today), although I wonder if just starting phase 2 now would be a good idea. It would be more hassle to have meat than packets, but the change could possibly shake things up with the weight loss.

Arg...I hate not knowing what to do. It was one good thing about Phase 1; no choices to make. My coach, who is very nice but not too knowledgeable, just said 'looks like you've got it all figured out. You'll do fine'. Turns out I'm her first client to get close to goal. Not much help there!
Old 05-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #30  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

i am right here with you, darbs! been on since the beginning of January and so ready to be done. my original goal is only 12 lbs away, but i don't think i'll be happy at 160. i thought maybe i'd go to 150, but now i'm wondering if i should go even lower, like maybe 140. i still have a lot of fat on my body that i would like to get rid of. but at the same time, i am getting quite tired of all of the restrictions in my life. i want to go out to eat with people, and go drinking, and not have to explain why i can never do either. i want to be able to go on all the camping trips that my friends go on and not worry about how hard it will be to eat there. anyhow, i want to get at least 22 lbs off as quickly as possible. i have been averaging about 15 lbs a month, so hopefully it won't be too much longer! i really want to be in a size 8-6, but my hips and thighs are so big. i don't know if i will be able to get there, even with another 22 lbs, but i'd sure like to try!!!
Closed Thread