Old 05-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #46  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
It's times like this when I look at the IP recipe thread and find something I've never had before that sounds really tasty, tweak it a little if it's not Phase-1 compatible, and it makes me feel loads better.
Funny that that is what you suggested..I have cauliflower popcorn in the oven as we speak...LoL!! Thanks for the encouragement
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
I'm having an I hate me day

Unlike other times, where I have indulged in food...I am trying to work myself up to eating my lunch. I don't want it..and feel like I can't make me, cuz well since it's an i hate me day..it's kind of more along the lines of, why bother

Suppose to go to dinner with hubby and friends tonight...kind of dreading it in my current state of mind.

Just had to share with someone. Thanks for listening.

Hope everyone else is having a great IP day!!
I am also having one of those rotten, no good, can't wait for it to end day. I have a WI later this afternoon. I only lost 1 lb this week! I could suck it up if I had cheated. Been on the program for 8 weeks, have not cheated once and this week a failure! The plumbing is not working and nothing I take is *unclogging* it. Grrrr. These last 47 lbs. are slow in coming. I also didn't eat lunch and just had an IP chocolate drink because I am so depressed...Same for me: thanks for listening!!
angelbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwphy View Post
Oh happy day, it's almost Friday!

Boy, did I ever have food dreams last night! I spent the whole evening in Costco going from sample table to sample table eating whatever they offered me. I also carried a giant Snickers bar around with me the whole time. And at the end of my shopping spree I decided that since I had carried that candy bar the whole time it meant I deserved to have it and wouldn't suffer from any dieters remorse!
WRONG!
I actually woke up this morening feeling remorse for that candy bar! But then I was incredibly relieved to discover that it was just a dream! If weight loss was at all connected to what you eat when you sleep, I would be in major trouble!
Haha, I have had several dreams of cheating with forbidden food. I had one after Easter where I just ate peanut butter/chocolate candy all night long. I felt guilty for a second when I woke up, but I was really glad it wasn't real!
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #49  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

bump.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
QUESTION: I know we aren't supposed to exercise, but has anyone been doing sit-ups? I had a crazy thought last night and wondered if I could do some. Weird thought, I know.
I started doing some stomach crunches about a week and half ago, and I lost an inch on my waist at weigh in this morning! Needless to say, I am going to keep doing them!

Quote:
I've been having mixed feelings about my weight and appearances lately. I've had so many people notice and give me lots of compliments, and I've been feeling so much more confident about myself. I'm not afraid to look in the mirror anymore! ...Except before I shower. That's when I kind of put myself down. Clothed, I can definitely tell a difference. My waist looks smaller. My bras fit better. My pants are loose, my legs look thinner. But when I see myself in all my "glory" (sorry folks), I look exactly the same as I did when I started.
I can relate too. There are even times when I am clothed when I still feel like a big girl.

I know I will never be as smooth and tone as I once was (even though I never thought I looked good at the time. I wish I would have been more confident). But I still am disappointed with what I see in the mirror most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
For example, my "knee fat" is disappearing!
LOL. I thought I was the only one who thought they had fat knees. I don't wear dresses because of it!

Quote:

Unlike other times, where I have indulged in food...I am trying to work myself up to eating my lunch. I don't want it..and feel like I can't make me, cuz well since it's an i hate me day..it's kind of more along the lines of, why bother

Suppose to go to dinner with hubby and friends tonight...kind of dreading it in my current state of mind.

I have days (weeks) like this too. It is hard to get out of that funk. I find watching something funny that will make me laugh sometimes pulls me out of it.

I hope you feel better so you can enjoy your dinner out!
brandam6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 323/288/230

Height: 6' 2"

If anyone needs a good laugh they can read this:

27bslash6 dot com/missy.html

and laugh super hard every time. It's off the wall humor and some of the other articles there are a little more pg17 but I find them all to be hilarious.

Last edited by rondre; 05-05-2011 at 02:39 PM. Reason: changed I to they in first sentence
rondre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #52  
Started IP 4/7/11

S/C/G: 280/253/185

Height: 5'11"

Quote:

Me too

I had a sucky weigh in today. My coach has switched and so measurements were not done the same. No inches lost in two weeks??? I beg to differ. I am bummed. I have three weeks until my 30# goal for party. I am stepping up my game today. Last night I did not eat any meat and only a few kale chips. The scale is stuck so no more. I will find time to eat even if I don't want it. And I am upping the water. This crap is too expensive and hard to stay on it any longer than I have to!
traeh1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:57 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

May I ask a silly Question: what does it mean when a message says: "Bump."

I've been wondering this for a while now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post
Today I "cheated" I was really really craving sweets and had a second restricted today. for breakfast I had a bar and for lunch I really wanted chocolate so I had some puffs. Am I going to mess up because of this?? I feel so guilty.
I would imagine that it could mess things up for a bit but everyone is different, so only time will tell. ...but it probably won't make you sick like a cheat with forbidden foods might. Try to do really well for the next couple of days and make sure to get lots of water. If you walk or do other mild exercise, it may help burn off the excess a little quicker but if it threw you out of ketosis, it will just take time and diligence to get it back.

Don't bother with feeling guilty, what's done is done and you can't get it back. Guilt and stress will only set you back. Just resolve to do better until the end of this! Look forward, don't look back.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-05-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #54  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Today I "cheated" I was really really craving sweets and had a second restricted today. for breakfast I had a bar and for lunch I really wanted chocolate so I had some puffs. Am I going to mess up because of this?? I feel so guilty.
I don't want to encourage breaking protocol, but if you're going to "cheat" I'd say having an extra restricted is the way to do it. I have done that a few times and I don't feel that it has slowed my weight loss- and it has kept me sane! I'm a chocoholic so bars and puffs are my weaknesses. No point in feeling guilty, you're allowed to be human.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 208/135/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I can definitely tell a difference. My waist looks smaller. My bras fit better. My pants are loose, my legs look thinner. But when I see myself in all my "glory" (sorry folks), I look exactly the same as I did when I started.
I am feeling the same way. I get positive comments on my appearance and weight-loss, but I don't really see it. Then I saw a video of me from this past weekend and I was completely rattled. I felt like I looked exactly the same...then the horror set in that I must have looked even worse - if that was possible!

But after that initial shock, I had to take a step back and realize how much better I feel, and that I am down several sizes then when I started.

It took me about 18 years to gain the weight, and I am grateful that it has only been 6-7 months so far that I am losing it. I need to keep that in perspective.
k9lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
I don't want to encourage breaking protocol, but if you're going to "cheat" I'd say having an extra restricted is the way to do it. I have done that a few times and I don't feel that it has slowed my weight loss- and it has kept me sane! I'm a chocoholic so bars and puffs are my weaknesses. No point in feeling guilty, you're allowed to be human.
Agreed. However, I've stopped buying soy puffs because they are just too addictive for me for right now. I hope to be able to try again at a later time and maybe I will have improved enough to control myself with them.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #57  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
I know exactly how you feel -- I feel that way too although I think I look better naked (well minus the after effects of a 24 inch long, 11 pound baby and a c-section scar on my abdomen - I have given up hope in that area so I blur that area out...think Monet painting) When I stare at myself straight on in the mirror I can see the loss but when I turn to the side....ugggggg (and I am down almost 50 pounds) then I get to thinking good gawd how big was I when I started -- and so the vicious cycle of self loathing begins. I wonder how much will I need to loose to get rid of this tummy/muffin top? Why can't I be Pear shaped instead of apple shaped?(this is a total waste of a thought - but I admit I do waste thoughts on crap like this) will my waist ever be smaller them my hips? why are inches coming off like crazy on my thighs, arms, collarbones, and calves but not off my abdomen - where I need it most? (this one does perplex me a bit) will I ever see myself as I used to?..... and the list goes on....the funny thing is I was NEVER like this before IP. I never disliked my body not even as a teenager (if there was such a disease as reverse anorexia I think I had that disease...and it is not the same as denial) - I was always just so grateful I was healthy and my body worked correctly, but now I find myself thinking, and obsessing about my body even more. I know this will pass, and it is all part of what I have now dubbed the 7 stages of IP. I am hoping to get to acceptance soon. Just know you are not alone and that there are those of us venting with you, we just aren't as brave to admit it or post it.
I think this is a symptom of the program the better you are feeling the faster you want changes in your body. My waist doesn't lose as much as my thighs either. My pants are baggy in the legs and hip and midsection but not tight but still fitting in the waist, if it wasn't for the waist I think I would be 2 sizes down. I think it was Alaska that was having this issue as well. One of those smart experienced friend's said that the waist is one of the last places the fat will come off. So please have a better day and know you are not alone. I can just about see my ribcage now but still have a size 16 waist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwphy View Post
Oh happy day, it's almost Friday!

Boy, did I ever have food dreams last night! I spent the whole evening in Costco going from sample table to sample table eating whatever they offered me. I also carried a giant Snickers bar around with me the whole time. And at the end of my shopping spree I decided that since I had carried that candy bar the whole time it meant I deserved to have it and wouldn't suffer from any dieters remorse!
WRONG!
I actually woke up this morening feeling remorse for that candy bar! But then I was incredibly relieved to discover that it was just a dream! If weight loss was at all connected to what you eat when you sleep, I would be in major trouble!
about month 2 I was having wicked food dreams, now they are more, nope can't eat that nope can't eat that... that neither...glad I wake up. I am now wondering if those food will taste anything like our minds have built them up to taste like.

Quote:

I am sorry you have a hate day today... I was bad today as well and instead of hate me I have a hate my coworker day... that is much more fun... but it does get me into more trouble.

Quote:
Sandra, it should be okay, just don't have as many restricted this week, maybe have them every other day to make up for this. Does everyone consider an extra packet a "cheat" I kind of wondered because you at least stayed with IP and not "real" food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traeh1314 View Post
Me too

I had a sucky weigh in today. My coach has switched and so measurements were not done the same. No inches lost in two weeks??? I beg to differ. I am bummed. I have three weeks until my 30# goal for party. I am stepping up my game today. Last night I did not eat any meat and only a few kale chips. The scale is stuck so no more. I will find time to eat even if I don't want it. And I am upping the water. This crap is too expensive and hard to stay on it any longer than I have to!
Oh Honey don't skip your proteins, if you can't stomach meat have another protein. It is so important as we eat so little calaries that we do NOT want our bodies to go into "Starvation mode" Don't skip to step up your game try doing bootcamp for a week. I am doing it this week to see if it makes a difference. "bootcamp" no restricted packets, no once a week allowed veggies, extra water. No splenda enhanced drinks. We will see how that goes tomorrow night when it is weigh in. I hope this helps. Take care and have a better day.

So can we talk about loose skin? does anyone have this and what are they doing about it? I fear that the most. But if I have to have lose skin to be the size I want and just fold it into my clothing I guess I can do that. What a wonderful thought for the day eh? See we all have weird and wonderful thoughts about what next! Have a great day.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #58  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
So can we talk about loose skin? does anyone have this and what are they doing about it? I fear that the most. But if I have to have lose skin to be the size I want and just fold it into my clothing I guess I can do that. What a wonderful thought for the day eh? See we all have weird and wonderful thoughts about what next! Have a great day.
I've heard that gelatin helps... so does unsweetened cranberry juice, but I guess there'll be none of that until maintenance. The raspberry jelly and the cran/pom drink both have gelatin in them. Supposed to help with cellulite too!
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #59  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I too have serious fear of the skin issue. It has actually brought me to justifying not losing weight- to do all of that work and still hate my body is a devastating thought. My stomach is my BIG issue. After 2 kids at 10 lbs each, it's not a pretty sight. I also have fear of the droopy leg skin. I figure I'll get the weight off, start working out, give the skin time to catch up, and then research my options for treatment. I just want to be able to enjoy my body for once in my life!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Aww, I am sorry to hear about those of you who are having a hate thyself day. But remember that you love yourself because you are doing this diet for YOU and only YOU! You are getting healthier. Your vital signs are getting better. Weight loss is proven to lower all kinds of vitals (cholesterol, blood pressure, fasting blood glucose, you name it and it gets better!). I wish our clinics would do those blood tests as part of our whole IP experience. Then we would actually see and know (a before, during, and after test would be great!) that we are getting healthier. You are worth it and you are special! Don't ever forget it.

Look at something small that you love and tell yourself that life is grand. It is! And we are making our lives better by doing IP.

I however, am having a hate my boss/job week. But I am doing something about it. I was told that I have to be more flexible about working on weekends. Um, yeah out of the last 8 weekends, I've had 1 off (Easter weekend). So I am going out to lunch with our former CTO tomorrow who will hopefully offer me a new job on the new contract that his company just won. And if that doesn't pan out I will launch a full-scale search and assault to find myself a better position. Why? Because I love myself and I deserve better than they are treating me.

Hang in there everyone!
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote