3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday, 4 May 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/232462-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-4-may-2011-a.html)

SamanthaF 05-05-2011 01:15 AM

Hello Im New

Hello - so glad I found this forum. I just started the IP diet and this is dday 4. Feeling a little better today but still hungry in afternoons and tired tired tired at night. Im not drinking enough water and find it really hard to get it all in. Working on that though. Really looking forward to being able to chat and discuss challenges/successes with all of you!

picky123 05-05-2011 01:32 AM

Happy Wednesday to everyone. Sounds like everyone is having a pretty good day!!

Just wanted to say I tried the turnip fries tonight for the first time and WOW I was impressed. I couldn't get over how much they tasted like fries. it felt like I was cheating but I wasn't. I was a French Fry aholic before IP, I love how the turnip curbs the craving for fries. Last night I had mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potato and was quite impressed with that also.

Hope everyone else has a successful week and great weight losses.

sugadiva 05-05-2011 01:35 AM

well...after all my stress about how i was less than perfectly on plan on vacation....I had WI#5 today and I am exactly the same!!! That's not something I would have rejoiced about two weeks ago when I was losing between 3-12 pounds a week, but, for me, this was a victory! I am back on plan 100% now and excited to see what next week holds for me. Yay!!

sugadiva 05-05-2011 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamanthaF (Post 3836709)
Hello - so glad I found this forum. I just started the IP diet and this is dday 4. Feeling a little better today but still hungry in afternoons and tired tired tired at night. Im not drinking enough water and find it really hard to get it all in. Working on that though. Really looking forward to being able to chat and discuss challenges/successes with all of you!

Hi Samantha!

I'm from Calgary too! Best wishes to you for the program, you will do great if you persevere....the first week is the toughest! Don't give up :)

Lace and Levis 05-05-2011 11:48 AM

Welcome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamanthaF (Post 3836709)

Hello~Welcome to IP and this forum. :cheer3: Just a suggestion about the challenge of getting all of your water in: I keep a 16.9oz water bottle on my nightstand every night. The first thing I do in the morning is drink the whole bottle of water before I even climb out of bed. Then I start my morning routine that includes taking my (not IP which I take after breakfast) vitamins and meds, I always take these with 8oz of water. So before I even start breakfast I have 3+ of my 8oz of water done. When I start to get that drop around mid morning I drink another 16.9oz only I add 1/4 tsp sea salt. For me I'd rather drink it than try to salt all of my food. I've noticed that this seems to tame my hunger until lunch and it gives me a pick-me-up. I do this again around mid afternoon. By this time I have my 8+ cups of water done. I usually drink water with dinner and stop for the evening or I'm up all night going potty.
THE BIG BONUS is that after you drink water for a bit your body will crave it!
This will be a fun (and trying) change but the weight loss and a healthy you is the biggest reward ever! :queen:

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 05-05-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0vingon (Post 3835993)
Very cute! (jealous) I have to admit that being able to buy a dress at Le Chateau for a wedding I'm going to in August is a major goal for me. Way back when (in the '90s) I bought tons of clothes from there and I want to have the option again! The clothes there are small fitting and pretty clingy- just what I'm aiming for :D

EXACTLY !!!! in the 90's and 80's wooo boy I am dating myself now hahhah i used to shop a LOT there. this dress I am wearing is an XL so my June goal is at LEAST a Large...

carlasherea 05-05-2011 02:27 PM

Day 2 and doing fine. I am a little hungry, but not overly. Getting ready to meet my hubby for lunch where there is a nice salad bar so I can stay OP. I wore some very springy clothes today because finally the sun is shining and it is supposed to be 70! Woo Hoo.

Took a picture and made it my new avatar. Have a great day!

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 05-05-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiebeth7 (Post 3836545)
You look great! What an inspiration... I have similar goals to yours, and it's wonderful to see your success. Best wishes as you continue!

Thank you. You WILL make goal...just dont give in...dont give up...when the day comes you can shop in ANY store you like...you will have ANOTHER problem....... how to STOP buying all those new 'smaller' clothes we used to just admire in the window displays... :carrot:

showgirlaz 05-05-2011 05:05 PM

This thread has been closed!

Please join us for more chat or continue conversations and make replies to this thread here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ay-2011-a.html