Big Mac in a Bowl

You're on Page 1 of 10
Go to
  • Hi there. I'm sorry to start a new post about this...I have heard about Big Mac in a bowl and need to get my hands on this recipe!! Anyone have it? Sounds great and would almost feel like cheating! Thanks in advance!!
  • Welcome neighbour Here you go

* 1/2 pound raw ground beef, about 5 1/2 ounces cooked weight or 153 grams cooked *
    * Salt and pepper, to taste
    * 1 teaspoon minced dry onions
    * 46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces
    * 2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing
    * 1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded

Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper.. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.
  • Thank you so much, ontariophotogal!! Much appreciated and sounds delish! Where abouts are you in Ontario...close by me?? Have a great day!!
  • can't wait to get my "1000 Islands" so I can make this
  • Quote: can't wait to get my "1000 Islands" so I can make this
    If you're impatient, make it with mustard. It still tastes amazing!
  • This sounds tasty. Can you use ground turkey as well?
  • Just had it last night!! LOL!!! LOVE IT!! DH and I make it once or twice a week!! YUM!!!
  • Quote: This sounds tasty. Can you use ground turkey as well?
    You bet! I use ground turkey in place of any ground beef recipe. The beef tastes better of course. But you can do whatever you want!
  • Quote: Thank you so much, ontariophotogal!! Much appreciated and sounds delish! Where abouts are you in Ontario...close by me?? Have a great day!!
    You're welcome I think we must be close because I'm in the Niagara Region as well, close to the Falls.

Quote: If you're impatient, make it with mustard. It still tastes amazing!
    I've done it both ways, I definitely prefer it with the WF 1000 Island
  • Has anyone made it with regular diced onions as opposed to the dehydrated/re hydrated ones? Does it make much of a flavour difference? I do something similar with taco meat on salad and a little salsa and lemon juice as dressing...soooo good.
  • 0o0o0o I am so gonna make this for lunch today! cant wait!!
  • Quote: Has anyone made it with regular diced onions as opposed to the dehydrated/re hydrated ones? Does it make much of a flavour difference?
    It probably doesn't make a difference, as long as you don't add them until the end (so they don't caramelize). It's just easier for me to rehydrate the dehydrated ones, as I always have some and I don't have to cut onions. Rehydrating them also makes them soft, and they're smaller than I can cut manually.
  • IMO, you need the rehydrated onion for it to actually taste like a Big Mac. Real onions aren't going to do that.
  • This sounds SO good! I will have to try this sometime soon.
  • This sounds great. One question: What is "WF Thousand Island" dressing. (of course I know what Thousand Island is...WF? not so much)

Oh, just popped in my head...is it Walden Farms? So, the Thousand Island is good? (assuming WF means Walden Farms) I can be picky if the substitutes taste "weird" or "chemically" - made up that word. Does anyone make her own sugar-free Thousand Island?