Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #61  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
The camera flattens you out- making you look bigger! We all look bigger in pictures (makes you wonder how skinny models really are...). Real people see you the way you see yourself in the mirror- unles you've been flattened by a steamroller Bugs-bunny style .
The mirror is a more dimensional image of how you look. I'm sure that dress does look phenomenal on you!
Great explanation!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #62  

Hello!
I will just jump in here. I learned about IP from our secretary at work. Last fall she started in October and is now down 75 lbs. I researched and spoke to my dr. (she was not too excited about it) and decided to give it a try. Today is my first day and right now I am enjoying (the key word for me is enjoying) a cup of hot chocolate. Lots of water has been through my system today! I don't really feel hungry, just not stuffed and full. I bought filet mignon for dinner tonight and will have with asparagus. That will have to be a VERY occasional treat but I figured for my first day it would be incentive. I am off to look at the recipe forums to see what I can do with the tomatoe soup. I am excited!
Old 04-27-2011, 03:45 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I had WI #5 today and I lost 4lbs in 6 days! I'm down 22 lbs now. I don't think I really look 22lbs lighter yet but I'm sure it will come. If I keep this same loss up I'll be in the 170's next week! That is really exciting. I had 2 extra restricteds last week and extra protein as needed. I was a little worried it would hurt me but luckily it didn't. I guess the 2lb loss last week was because of communion.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #64  
ready to lose it!

S/C/G: 247/231/180

Height: 5' 9"

Just had WI #3...3.5 pounds! 13 in 3 weeks!!
Old 04-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #65  
Started IP 4/7/11

S/C/G: 280/253/185

Height: 5'11"

My lunch was awful today. Cauliflower with curry. My mom used to make a curry "dip" just by mixing it with mayo, so I thought it would be good with olive oil tossed with raw cauliflower. Yuck! I had to choke it down.

Ever since Easter I feel blah. Not sure why. This is day 20 but I am still missing decent food. I find lunch hard because there are only so many ways to pack veggies for work. I am craving sweets bad right now. BAD!

My planned cheat is a little more than 4 weeks away and we are taking the kids camping after my sister's engagement party. I am not sure if I will cheat all weekend or just a day. It will be fun so that will keep me going for now.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #66  
Start IP 04-25-11

S/C/G: 260/253.5 5-2/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucksmom View Post
Hello!
I will just jump in here. I learned about IP from our secretary at work. Last fall she started in October and is now down 75 lbs. I researched and spoke to my dr. (she was not too excited about it) and decided to give it a try. Today is my first day and right now I am enjoying (the key word for me is enjoying) a cup of hot chocolate. Lots of water has been through my system today! I don't really feel hungry, just not stuffed and full. I bought filet mignon for dinner tonight and will have with asparagus. That will have to be a VERY occasional treat but I figured for my first day it would be incentive. I am off to look at the recipe forums to see what I can do with the tomatoe soup. I am excited!
It is sooo encouraging to hear about other peoples success stories, personally that is the only thing keeping me going right now. I have been doing IP 3 days now, and it has not been difficult really, just a mind over matter thing for me. I was pretty crabby this morning to learn that I gained a pound instead of losing, but am feeling better this afternoon and ready again to continue. I wish you lots of luck keeping on track and losing every pound of your goal.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
Thankyou for this info! My coach gave me the paper and that`s about it, no explanation about any of it. One last question: if I eat greek yogurt, and that`s my protein also, do I still need the egg or meat? And for the files you uploaded also. They helped alot!
If you eat Greek yogurt, you don't need any additional protein. You can eat it if you want to though. If you feel like making eggs and ham, go for it! It's ok to have more protein. Otherwise, nevermind it. Your Greek yogurt fullfills the protein requirement.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:16 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traeh1314 View Post

Ever since Easter I feel blah. Not sure why. This is day 20 but I am still missing decent food. I find lunch hard because there are only so many ways to pack veggies for work. I am craving sweets bad right now. BAD!
I'm on my 44th day and I still miss "decent food"--nature of the beast. If you are going to lose weight (fast) it is because you are not eating much, and also not eating much of what put the weight on you in the first place. Some people find their tastes change over time---how much time is an individual thing. I have found there are some things I no longer crave, but other things I still crave like crazy. I just have to decide how badly I want the weight off.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
I'm on my 44th day and I still miss "decent food"--nature of the beast. If you are going to lose weight (fast) it is because you are not eating much, and also not eating much of what put the weight on you in the first place. Some people find their tastes change over time---how much time is an individual thing. I have found there are some things I no longer crave, but other things I still crave like crazy. I just have to decide how badly I want the weight off.
And here I thought, on my 39th day, that something was wrong with me for craving "bad" (but yummy delicious) foods. Like you, I no longer crave certain things, but other foods I still drool over!

Weightloss is also an investment, so I keep telling myself, "I don't want to waste 3 to 5 days worth of IP packets and money just because I feel like cheating!" I'm sure that's easier to say for me than for someone who's been on it for several months!
Old 04-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #70  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traeh1314 View Post
My lunch was awful today. Cauliflower with curry. My mom used to make a curry "dip" just by mixing it with mayo, so I thought it would be good with olive oil tossed with raw cauliflower. Yuck! I had to choke it down.

My planned cheat is a little more than 4 weeks away and we are taking the kids camping after my sister's engagement party. I am not sure if I will cheat all weekend or just a day. It will be fun so that will keep me going for now.
I have been doing this diet for almost 16 weeks and I still want certain foods (although I would call them decent, but none-the-less I still think about them) One thing I find helpful and what kept me going in the "lean times" is to make my dinner a very decent, if not decedent occasion (I used to say to myself at breakfast...2 more astronaut processed packets until I get the real thing...then at lunch 1 more packet.... you get the picture and somehow this helped me know there was something better coming and that made it easier to eat the packets) - admittedly I used to be a professional chef so this is easier for me then for some but I find the challenge of making satisfying IP meals fun. So much so that I test out my creations on unsuspecting company to see if they call me out on the meal not being up to my usual standards and so far so good. This diet is sort of like a career --I always tell myself... if I approach it haphazardly, without strategy, without creativity, without focus of the end goal, and without the understanding that the truth is-- it is all work - some tasks more fun than others - what I will end up with is a Job rather the a Career or a diet rather then a lifestyle change. Since I have spent most of my 20's and 30's steering my career I feel it is okay to spend the next bit of time steering a lifestyle change and approaching it like I do my career will undoubtedly result in success.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
And here I thought, on my 39th day, that something was wrong with me for craving "bad" (but yummy delicious) foods. Like you, I no longer crave certain things, but other foods I still drool over!

Weightloss is also an investment, so I keep telling myself, "I don't want to waste 3 to 5 days worth of IP packets and money just because I feel like cheating!" I'm sure that's easier to say for me than for someone who's been on it for several months!
I agree! I even feel like a "planned cheat" is a bit like an a former alcoholic saying, I plan to have a drink this weekend, then I'll get back on the wagon...
Old 04-27-2011, 04:59 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
I have been doing this diet for almost 16 weeks and I still want certain foods (although I would call them decent, but none-the-less I still think about them) One thing I find helpful and what kept me going in the "lean times" is to make my dinner a very decent, if not decedent occasion (I used to say to myself at breakfast...2 more astronaut processed packets until I get the real thing...then at lunch 1 more packet.... you get the picture and somehow this helped me know there was something better coming and that made it easier to eat the packets) - admittedly I used to be a professional chef so this is easier for me then for some but I find the challenge of making satisfying IP meals fun. So much so that I test out my creations on unsuspecting company to see if they call me out on the meal not being up to my usual standards and so far so good. This diet is sort of like a career --I always tell myself... if I approach it haphazardly, without strategy, without creativity, without focus of the end goal, and without the understanding that the truth is-- it is all work - some tasks more fun than others - what I will end up with is a Job rather the a Career or a diet rather then a lifestyle change. Since I have spent most of my 20's and 30's steering my career I feel it is okay to spend the next bit of time steering a lifestyle change and approaching it like I do my career will undoubtedly result in success.
I vote that there should be a thread with just YOUR recipes, IP compatible. I've been having so much fun experimenting. Cooking is a new interest/obsession of mine, but it would be wonderful to learn of recipes from someone who knows what tastes good!!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #73  
joanne

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi all, so braved a lunch out with a friend, looked under the carb friendly offers and pretty much the only one that worked was a grilled chicken with salad, so I told them to hold the cheese, no dressing. the salad came with about 20 large croutons, (picked off) then I took a bite of the chicken and waved the waitress over and asked her if the grilled chicken had anything on it, she said it was marinated in honey italian dressing *sigh* so ate the lettuce :0( good thing my taste buds were working though, anyone else have challenges eating out?
Old 04-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Hey everyone

Had a check up today for the issues I've been having with my back and my doc was SUPER impressed with my weight loss! I think he thought I was a lost cause and the reaction today was great I asked him to check my blood pressure and while I've never had any real issues with it (except when pregnant), it's always been a little on the higher side. Today it was 120/87 and he was THRILLED with those numbers too. All in all, a great appt.

Wanted to share that I just tried the WF raspberry dressing for the first time and can honestly say I LOVE IT. I plan to bring some with me to Florida next week and keep it handy for meals out!

I'm so happy for 3 of my friends who have signed up for IP since seeing my success...does anyone else's coach's give incentive for referrals? I get a free box of food for each one! Besides the free food though, I'm excited to see how my friends do!

Lastly, I wanted to share this link I found somewhere else on this site somewhere

http://www.hchc.org/idealprotein/recipes/

Has some GREAT recipe ideas for all phases!

Have a great night everyone
Old 04-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo2155 View Post
Hi all, so braved a lunch out with a friend, looked under the carb friendly offers and pretty much the only one that worked was a grilled chicken with salad, so I told them to hold the cheese, no dressing. the salad came with about 20 large croutons, (picked off) then I took a bite of the chicken and waved the waitress over and asked her if the grilled chicken had anything on it, she said it was marinated in honey italian dressing *sigh* so ate the lettuce :0( good thing my taste buds were working though, anyone else have challenges eating out?
We went out to eat several weeks ago to a national chain type restaurant. They had a Grilled Salmon Cesar Salad that looked wonderful so I asked for it, with no dressing, no cheese, no croutons, no sauce of any kind. When it came, the salmon had been poached in some kind of heavy sauce and the sauce had been poured all over the salad. There was also cheese in the salad. I just sent it back and drank my water while the rest of my family finished their meals. Quite a disappointing evening!
Closed Thread