Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

WI today---I am down another 4 this week (but I update my profile and ticker based on my daily scale readings at home......scale whore that I am!! LOL).

My coach suggested I move my evening snack to the afternoon because I get SUPER hungry between 3-4 and it is getting OLD.

I spent the 2 hour drive home from my inlaws on Sunday fantasizing about all of the foods I wish I could eat and can't right now....probably not the best idea, but that is just where my head was. I try not to live in a "deficit" mentality (thinking of all of the things I can't have), but I take a mental vacation occasionally and that is usually where I end up. I am glad I did not cheat (more than extra protein) over Easter and I am committed to staying OP.

Hope everyone has a good OP day!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
A question about phase 3-- can I use peanut butter in place of the butter on my toast, and also would an english muffin be the same as the 2 pieces of toast?? And are there any phase 3ers who have lost when they started phase 3 or do you just gain a few pounds back? Also, is the yogurt sweetened yogurt or just plain yogurt? And do you have to have the ham and egg or just one or the other??? Sorry for all the questions, but my coach didn`t tell me anything, just said enjoy it! So I don`t really have a clue what I`m doing.
Look in the stickies on the main IP page and there's a thread dedicated to what you can and can't have on phase 3...your coach should have at least given you a phase 3 sheet to follow?
Old 04-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #18  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Good morning, IPers!! Does anyone else need to "tighten their ship"? I need to start measuring again, making sure I get all my oil and sea salt and double check my water intake. After 14 weeks, I just let this go. Can anyone relate!?
YES!!! I need to do the same!! I'm on week 8 and getting a little lax in the 4 cups of veggies and water department!! Let's do it! Tighten the ship!

Today was weigh in #7........another 3.8# gone! I was out of town for 3 days last week and ate a few meals out, so I wondered if I did okay. I must have!

I get so pumped after every good weigh in....it gives me just enough momentum to keep going for another week!

Wishing everyone a PERFECT OP with IP day!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleduck View Post
I am the same way, or used to be. What we've done in our house seems to work for us so far, and might work for you too. When we started on IP, I went to Walmart and bought two small plastic containers, one for each of us, and put our packets in them so we'd know whose is whose. (I suppose a shoebox would have worked just as well, but I didn't have any ) I then bought 4 of those Sunday - Saturday weekly pill trays, marked two AM and two PM, sorted the pills and put the trays in with the packets. This way, when I make breakfast in the morning, and dinner/snack at night, I am reminded to take the supplements.

Hang in there, it gets easier as you go and the results are well worth it!
I added a calendar reminder on my phone that rings and says "TAKE YOUR PILLS!" I also keep my pills on the kitchen counter. Being a neat freak, this is a daily reminder that the "clutter" is there for a reason, LOL I did purchase a cute "lazy Susan" at Kohls that has 5 different sections. 1 for am pills, 1 for pm pills, salt shaker, splenda packets and herbal tea.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
I try not to weigh every day...not good for the spirits when there is no loss, but I have no coach so I do have to weigh my self once a week.
Now, I have a dilemma...hoping for some advice. I have a nasty chest cold and cough during the night. Cough syrups are LOADED with sugar, so it has knocked me out of ketosis for the last 4 days. I have tried sugar-free cough meds, but they don't seem to suppress the cough at all. ANY TIPS???
Get some MUCINEX. It helps break up the congestion. BTW, my dad says if your going to use cough syrup, might as well have a shot of whiskey, meaning it's probably all mental, LOL Hot tea with Lemon & honey....granny's cure. Just LEAVE OUT THE HONEY!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #21  

How do I get the cute counters marking down the weight loss? I believe I have been a member long enough. I am not that capable with the computer so I hope this process is easy!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #22  
Start IP 04-25-11

S/C/G: 260/253.5 5-2/160

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning...This is my 3rd day on IP and I gained a pound, My pants actually fit before I started and I could hardly zip them this morning. Anyone else have this problem at the start? This is a little unsettling, this doesn't happen when I have cake for breakfast!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:19 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1stbeachy View Post
Good Morning...This is my 3rd day on IP and I gained a pound, My pants actually fit before I started and I could hardly zip them this morning. Anyone else have this problem at the start? This is a little unsettling, this doesn't happen when I have cake for breakfast!
Water retention is usually the culprit. I struggled the first week or more because of the extra salt we must use. I drank more water and finally just started drinking warm water, with a big tablespoon of "CALM," in it, every night.

Last edited by blkbmr06; 04-27-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:19 AM   #24  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
WI today---I am down another 4 this week (but I update my profile and ticker based on my daily scale readings at home......scale whore that I am!! LOL).

I spent the 2 hour drive home from my inlaws on Sunday fantasizing about all of the foods I wish I could eat and can't right now....probably not the best idea, but that is just where my head was. I try not to live in a "deficit" mentality (thinking of all of the things I can't have), but I take a mental vacation occasionally and that is usually where I end up. I am glad I did not cheat (more than extra protein) over Easter and I am committed to staying OP.

Hope everyone has a good OP day!
Congrats on the 4 pounds gone forever and for NOT cheating over Easter! You are doing great!
I can relate to the food fantasizing!! I am helping to host a Mother's Day tea for a group of 70 or so and it's my job today to make cinnamon scones. I am looking at recipies online and salivating over the pics! I always have to tell myself that I can have "it" but just not now. Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Happy Wednesday!

WI #2- down 2 lbs and 2.25 inches. Of course, I was hoping for more, but I'll take it! I weight daily and I've been stuck at the same weight for a few days so I knew it was coming. I'm so close to being under 220, but I guess I have to be patient.

Have a great day, everyone!

Congrats on the 2 pound loss! Hang in there and hopefully next week will take you under 220!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick76 View Post
Good morning!

How many of you weigh at home everyday?

This being my first week, I'm allowing myself that luxury. I know in the weeks to come, the loss won't be as dramatic so I'll put the scale away on a high shelf in the garage.

I'm on day 7, and I'm down 7 lbs! WI is Friday.
I am opposed to weighing everyday because it messes with the mind if the scale does not move one day. Then we over analyze everything we are eating or not eating. It turns me into a nut case for sure!

I like weighing once per week, and trust the diet to work it's magic!

Am I tempted to weigh more often? YES!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Good morning all! Sitting at the airport for my long day of travel..... I am doing double duty with helping my aunt with service and consoling my mom from afar. Life!! I will be reading this forum for support. Thanks again. Hope everyone has a great OP day!!
So sorry for what you are going through. Just do what you can to take care of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
About that gnawing hunger yesterday...it's never really that simple, is it? Now that it's a new day and I can see yesterday with new eyes, I think that 'hunger' came on because I was stuck in my work. I know I have lots of issues around how I use food, but I also have an appt coming up with my docotr and I'm going to have her make a referral for some therapy, so I'm going to take care of that.

So if you're having one of those days, hang in there. It'll all look better tomorrow.
I am sorry you had a rough day---good for you for recognizing what was going on for you. GREAT idea to go and talk to someone about it---I spent a good bit of time in therapy working through the same issues---it is worth the effort. Good advice about it being a better day tomorrow--in the moment, the "emptiness" we can use to food to fill can feel very overwhelming.

Quote:
Good morning!

I weigh daily (scale whore that I am!). Congrats on the loss--you are doing GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Happy Wednesday!

WI #2- down 2 lbs and 2.25 inches. Of course, I was hoping for more, but I'll take it! I weight daily and I've been stuck at the same weight for a few days so I knew it was coming. I'm so close to being under 220, but I guess I have to be patient.

Have a great day, everyone!
Looks like you are doing great! Keep it up!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #26  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Good morning, IPers!! Does anyone else need to "tighten their ship"? I need to start measuring again, making sure I get all my oil and sea salt and double check my water intake. After 14 weeks, I just let this go. Can anyone relate!?
I'm with you Ash. I started this last week. My husband is even sending me reminders to drink water and eat. My losses haven't been stellar (at least not gaining), but I haven't cheated. I'm hoping this renewed focus will help.

Thanks for the reminder. It is good to know I'm not the only one doing this. It is incredible how fast the last weeks have gone. I have WI 11 tomorrow. Crazy.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #27  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Default Sunny Morning in Edmonton

Quote:
Good morning!

This being my first week, I'm allowing myself that luxury. I know in the weeks to come, the loss won't be as dramatic so I'll put the scale away on a high shelf in the garage.

I try to only weigh in once a week in addition to my WI. I know I shouldn't and just let the diet work. My issue was I was so close to a mini goal I couldn't wait... have decided that once a week won't hurt but I WILL NOT do every day as that is counter productive.

Quote:
Yes this is week 11 and I don't completely measure my veg anymore... I still drink my water as I bought a 64oz bottle I keep full in the fridge, I fill it twice a day so I am getting up to 128 oz or less a day. but yes will start measuring veg more careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
I'm with you Ash. I started this last week. My husband is even sending me reminders to drink water and eat. My losses haven't been stellar (at least not gaining), but I haven't cheated. I'm hoping this renewed focus will help.

Thanks for the reminder. It is good to know I'm not the only one doing this. It is incredible how fast the last weeks have gone. I have WI 11 tomorrow. Crazy.
I have wi 11 tomorrow as well, it seems like yesterday I just started. My pants, coats and shirts are so loose, will have to go shopping today to at least buy some work pants. Have a good day everyone. Loving IP and the idea of some day soon I will have the body I deserve and am working towards.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #28  

Hi there,

I've been lurking for quite a while, and decided it was time to say 'HI'! Decided that it's time to get to 'tighten it up', but I need help sticking to it.... I don't have a coach anymore as we've moved, and I already know how to do the program. My problem is emotional and support-group wise.

I've been trying to get back on IP ever since January. My slipups are mostly due to emotional eating.... what do you do to stop emotional eating??

Last edited by meonIP; 04-27-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 149/126.4/125

Height: 5

Talking

Quote:
Good morning!

I weigh every day. Mostly because every time I go to weigh in my coaches scale is around 5-7 pounds heavier! I sometimes want to demand to see the calibration report on the scale. My mom and I use the same coach and we find it very disheartening so we made a pact to report to each other our home weight and not fret about what hers says. I know my clothes don't weigh that much!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #30  
Start IP 04-25-11

S/C/G: 260/253.5 5-2/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbmr06 View Post
Water retention is usually the culprit. I struggled the first week or more because of the extra salt we must use. I drank more water and finally just started drinking warm water, with a big tablespoon of "CALM," in it, every night.
Thanks for the tip! I have not been drinking as much water as I should and it doesn't help that I don't like water! Where do you get CALM? I think I need it because I am crabby today...I can't even stand myself! This diet sucks today!
Closed Thread