Old 04-26-2011, 04:02 PM   #1  
Awesome Member

S/C/G: 233/214/???

Height: 5 foot 4.75 inches

Default IP Equivalent to the BRAT diet?

What do you eat when you aren't feeling good? The BRAT diet for those who may not be familiar is bananas, rice, applesauce and toast and is recommended during stomach illnesses.

I haven't been allowed any crepes or anything like that yet... I've been nauseous for days and just really want some toast... Any ideas?
snowclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #2  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Are you nauseous because you are sick? or is the food bothering you (say an ingredient in the food) are you taking your multi vitamin on a full stomach?

I had one bout with the stomach flu (chills, fever etc) and ate only the sweet items (RTDs mainly) for 2 days -- and a few bars. I also ate 1 TBS of peanut butter at each meal as that seemed to settle my stomach (which is a huge IP NO NO) but I figured it was better then throwing up the IP food I just ate - I did manage to lose weight that week. Just make sure that if you are nauseous it is from illness and not (blood pressure issues - are you on blood pressure or thyroid meds?, the multi vitamin on an empty stomach, pain relievers on an empty stomach, antibiotics and other pharmaceuticals on an empty stomach -- those things are easier to correct then tweaking IP) I hope you feel better!!!!

I forgot to add -- using the cereal mix as pancakes helps too -- it is a great alternative to toast. Take the cereal mix in the package -- pound it a bit to break up the crispy bits -- add 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder, 2 egg whites (or 1/4 cup egg beaters), nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla (almond or any type extract you like) an tiny bit of water -- mix well -- pour onto non stick skillet. Dip in WF maple or blueberry syrup or - brush with a bit of olive oil sprinkled with cinnamon and ginger -- DELICIOUS!!!

Last edited by CheekyWit; 04-26-2011 at 04:45 PM.
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #3  
Awesome Member

S/C/G: 233/214/???

Height: 5 foot 4.75 inches

I wish I did know why I've been so nauseous, but I really don't.

Maybe I'm craving comfort food just because. Thank you for the recipe... I don't have any cereal or anything like that yet (my coach has limited me to drinks, soups and puddings for the first few weeks) so I've got next to nothing even close... the urge to buy a bagel is killing me. It might just be a comfort thing.
snowclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:01 AM   #4  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
I wish I did know why I've been so nauseous, but I really don't.

Maybe I'm craving comfort food just because. Thank you for the recipe... I don't have any cereal or anything like that yet (my coach has limited me to drinks, soups and puddings for the first few weeks) so I've got next to nothing even close... the urge to buy a bagel is killing me. It might just be a comfort thing.
You could be allergic to soy. Only 2 of the IP products don't have soy in them. There are other ingredients in IP products that you could be tested for, as well. Such as the sugar substitutes.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
What do you eat when you aren't feeling good? The BRAT diet for those who may not be familiar is bananas, rice, applesauce and toast and is recommended during stomach illnesses.

I haven't been allowed any crepes or anything like that yet... I've been nauseous for days and just really want some toast... Any ideas?
Sometimes nauseous is caused by a reason, are you hungry, missing your salt? Your supposed to eat about every three hours. If its the flu what about some low sodium no msg chicken broth?
locks is offline   Reply With Quote